[TUT] HOTSPOT Not Connecting FIX [No ROOT]

Search This thread

devcon69

Jul 20, 2012
Philippines
I have an issue with Redmi Note 5 Global Oreo where hotspot is not turning on or not receiving any data.
Found a fix, no root needed. Credits MIUI VN. You can try this also if you can't send files via Shareit, etc.

Requirements:
Minimal ADB Fastboot Tool

Instructions:
1. Download and install Minimal Adb Fastboot Tool on pc.

2. Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap MIUI Version several times to enable Developer Options.
x88pinA.png

3. Go Back and browse to Additional Settings > Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging, Install via USB, USB Debugging (Security settings), Enable view attribute inspection.
BzRsoee.png

4. Connect Phone to PC and phone will ask for a connection permission, tap Allow.

5. Now open command prompt. Type the following codes:
Code:
adb devices
Code:
adb shell
Code:
settings put global tether_dun_required 0
Code:
reboot

jNCZXfG.jpg

Thats IT.

Last edited:
Had same issue for two weeks...on redmi note 5 china.! I asked even on miui forum.... and I didn't get help from there..... (Shame!!!!)

Till I found this thread :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-2/help/hotspot-issues-t3696841

Which is same procedure....!

The prob is when u change room u will have to repeat the procedure...! But on RR rom everything work out of box.....!

Hope xiaomi to fix this weird error...

Reactions: camlin
@Addymore, exactly. The best answer they could tell you is to do a factory reset or to wait for updates. Lol.

I tried everything with their stock rom.... Even edl with clean all... Lol....! Hotspot not connecting to pc in any case.... Lol...! On miui forum pple were saying it is the the hardware issue....! But the RR rom gave me hope....! It was just working....

Then saw the simple adb lines.... Haaaaa!

Reactions: vulturext

devcon69

Jul 20, 2012
Philippines
I tried everything with their stock rom.... Even edl with clean all... Lol....! Hotspot not connecting to pc in any case.... Lol...! On miui forum pple were saying it is the the hardware issue....! But the RR rom gave me hope....! It was just working....

True man. :good:

Reactions: vulturext

dhasek_3910

Aug 2, 2018
Hi there,

I am on miui global 9.5 / Stable 9.5.19.0 (oEIMIFA) stock MIUI. I had previously been on 9.5.6.0 but updated the MIUI version. Since updating to 9.5.19.0, I have found that when I set a hotspot from my Redmi Note 5, the connected device is able to connect to the internet, however, my Redmi can no longer connect!! This seems backwards but is very frustrating as I was hoping to be able to use both devices at the same time! On my other devices I can share a hotspot while still using mobile data!

Is there a fix for this? I applied the adb fix mentioned above but it did not change the problem.

THanks in advance!!

petros_bk

Aug 11, 2018
not worked on miui version 9.5.6.0 tried the fix all good but its not working on pc and laptop(windows 7)although it works when hotspoting on another mobile phone (nokia lumia,windows phone)any other ideas?

scote

Mar 30, 2007
Fix worked 10.0.2.0 mix2s
Idk what broke it, sure it used to work.
I did try out wifi sharing recently, maybe that broke it
Anyways, thanks settings dun fixed it

Reactions: devcon69

xda_kumar

Jun 16, 2017
Jaleswar
Redmi K20 Pro
I have an issue with Redmi Note 5 Global Oreo where hotspot is not turning on or not receiving any data.
Found a fix, no root needed. Credits MIUI VN. You can try this also if you can't send files via Shareit, etc.

Requirements:

Instructions:

2. Go to Settings > About Phone > Tap MIUI Version several times to enable Developer Options.
x88pinA.png

3. Go Back and browse to Additional Settings > Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging, Install via USB, USB Debugging (Security settings), Enable view attribute inspection.
BzRsoee.png

4. Connect Phone to PC and phone will ask for a connection permission, tap Allow.

Code:
adb devices
Code:
adb shell
Code:
Code:
reboot

jNCZXfG.jpg

Thats IT.
Respected developer I followed the same mentioned in the thread. but after entering the command I get the result setting not found what to do I am in miui 10.0.2.0 global with locked bootloader, only 5ghz working but 2.4 ghz frequency not working any more PLZ HELP ME HELP ME

THANKS
KUMAR DEBASIS
Redmi note 5 pro

Last edited:

devcon69

Jul 20, 2012
Philippines
not worked on miui 10.0.2.0 global

Respected developer I followed the same mentioned in the thread. but after entering the command I get the result setting not found what to do I am in miui 10.0.2.0 global with locked bootloader, only 5ghz working but 2.4 ghz frequency not working any more PLZ HELP ME HELP ME

THANKS
KUMAR DEBASIS
Redmi note 5 pro

If it was working earlier, go to settings and reset bluetooth, wifi and network settings and restart your phone.

vodoomoth

Dec 14, 2011
Dear people for whom it has worked, could you please tell me where you found drivers for the Redmi Note 5?

I'm asking that because once adb+fastboot is installed, the command adb devices lists no devices at all. I am guessing that's because I have not installed drivers, but there aren't any to be downloaded from mi.com (or I haven't found the appropriate section).

I am running MIUI 10.0.6.0, updated a few days ago from 9.6.x, and I've bought the phone three weeks ago and hotspot never worked. I confess I have been desperately trying to make it work.

My OS is Windows 8.1, up-to-date.

Thank you.

PS: I read the OP again and it says "Connect Phone to PC and phone will ask for a connection permission, tap Allow." but my phone never asks me for a permission; I just hear sound notifications, but no dialog or prompt appears on-screen. The only moment when I see a dialog with an OK button to press is when I enable USB debugging.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:

Instructions:

x88pinA.png

BzRsoee.png

Code:
    adb devices
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    Code:
    reboot

jNCZXfG.jpg

Thats IT.
    Had same issue for two weeks...on redmi note 5 china.! I asked even on miui forum.... and I didn't get help from there..... (Shame!!!!)

Till I found this thread :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-mix-2/help/hotspot-issues-t3696841

Which is same procedure....!

The prob is when u change room u will have to repeat the procedure...! But on RR rom everything work out of box.....!

Hope xiaomi to fix this weird error...
    @Addymore, exactly. The best answer they could tell you is to do a factory reset or to wait for updates. Lol.

True man. :good:
    It works for me!!!, ROM 9.5.13.0, global version.
    Many thanks!!!!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone