• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TUT] HP iPAQ 61x, 91x Stuck @ Bootloader solition

Search This thread

Paloma

Sep 16, 2004
Hi all.
I have 3 semi-brick iPaq device (612c, 614 and 912c). After do a ROM updrage from a bad miniSD card, these device onli show me HP logo when turn on. I'v search too many time and find a way to bring them back. @XDA-dev, I've saw someone have brick iPaq like me.

You need:
DNW (Include Driver file) http://www.mediafire.com/?zmnmzmwnjtk
Your device's Flash.DIO file. How to make a Flash.dio I'll post later. But you can found .DIO file via searching the web.

How to:

- Open DNW.exe, [Configuration] => [Option], change [Download Address] from 0xc000000 to 0x3000000
- Rename FLASH.DIO to FLASH.nb0
- Bring your Device too download mode: RECORD + OK + POWER or RECORD + OK + Reset to enter Download mode. Note: It's not Quanlcomm download.
- Plug your device to PC, and manually select driver to install (files are in SEC folder)
- Back to DNW.exe and [USB Port] => [UBOOT] => [UBOOT] and select Flash.nb0 just renamed and waitting for programed

I've done with these ipaq last week and return them to my customers. These Combine-key to enter download-mode can be wrong with 9xx device. I'll find another device to test later
This solution can change language of your device to language of .DIO file

Paloma

Sep 16, 2004
How to make a .DIO file:

- You can download ROM update of your device from HP official web site.
- After download, extract (don't run) file to a folder by winrar, 7z or another archive manager. You'll see file named FLASH.NBF
- Open FLASH.NBF with a hex-editor like XVI32, and cut off first 3432 bytes. Then save file as FLASH.DIO.
- Now you can do a flash with this .DIO file and a micro-SD card, or with DNW tool at first post.

NiZuZen

Dec 14, 2008
Great, thanks Paloma!!!

ipaq 614c resurrected with this great util.

Thank you.

P.D. Hp repair cost me 246 euro replacing all mainboard

Carlengue

Nov 28, 2008
Paloma, i have the same problem, but with a ipaq 6915. It is always into initial screen with blue screen and HP logo and in the botton right corner saying "No GSM" and ROM version. I would like test this solution, but when i run UBOOT the program always say, "Can´t open USB Device". I have installed the driver and it still saying the same.
Other cuestion. When you say "Download Mode" it is the same than "Bootloader Mode"?. Thanks

Paloma

Sep 16, 2004
hi Carlengue.
This solution isn't apply to HP 6xxx.
I've got some ideal to help you, but now I ca'n 'cause I'm not at home, without my PC/laptop. I'll PM you later, ok?

Paloma

Sep 16, 2004
@ Carlengue:
Follow this link: www.mediafire.com/paloma and goto folder PPC tool. Download Uni_exitbootloader and run it with your phone plugged and active-sync disabled. Then you can try with one of two ROM I've uploaded (I don't know wich device you have, G3 or G4)
@ Ericco: I'm verry sorry, I'm in traveling and cannot find a HP-9xx now to test combine key for you. Can you try with VOLUME(up or down) + Record (or Camera) and Power (or Reset).
I'm sorry again about this incompatible.

analyzer.x

Jul 19, 2008
Hello Paloma,

Thanks very much for this info.

I have not used it yet but I can appreciate the knowledge since I had a bricked 612c previously and had to wait for 2 weeks for it to be fixed, I tried various software at the time but couldn't get to work.

I would like to kindly ask if you could please explain to us how we could modify a flash.dio or build a custom one. I want to know how I can modify Windows Startup files and decide on what software I want to have installed by default, etc... (that would be greatly appreciated).

Thanks heaps

Last edited:

congtiger

Dec 29, 2008
Torino
Ok. I found it :)

Volume UP + OK (on side) + Reset

Rom on my 914c changed from NDL to ENG :D yeah

Hi Ericco,

i have also an ipaq 914c with italian language version, so i want to change the language into English. If you have done that please send file *.dio and *.nb0 to me via email: [email protected] (becasue im a nobie.., this smartphone is the first of mine)

thank you very much in advance
Rgds,

Last edited:

Paloma

Sep 16, 2004
Last edited:

Paloma

Sep 16, 2004
Hi Paloma,

Thank you very much, however i have a question

in case after upgrading ROM for ipaq914c, there will be few errors such as: audio or wifi...etc, if my smartphone can be back of ROM-original ?

I am waiting for your answer

thank you again

Rgds,

Yes you can back to orginal ROM. Or you can download official WWE-ROM for 914 from HP support site and follow post #2 to get .DIO file

V

vragon

hi,
how can I backup the original ROM before I upgrade into English for warranty?
Is there any way?

congtiger

Dec 29, 2008
Torino

Paloma

Sep 16, 2004
Hi Paloma,

Thank you very much for your kindly assistances. However, after my iPAQ was upgraded with WWE-ROM downloaded from your website, then, my iPAQ was mistaken. it could not load OS, just appears a white color screen and the flash of camera is always light. at the end it stands there

Pls tell me what i have to do

Rgds,
I'm very sorry, I'm on TET (Lunar-new-year) holiday now. I'll back to work after few days. Can you wait?
While, could you try to remove battery for a long time and insert back. Or try to enter boot-loader.
Camera's flash always lihgt => I think it's premotion of hardware failure.

congtiger

Dec 29, 2008
Torino
I'm very sorry, I'm on TET (Lunar-new-year) holiday now. I'll back to work after few days. Can you wait?
While, could you try to remove battery for a long time and insert back. Or try to enter boot-loader.
Camera's flash always lihgt => I think it's premotion of hardware failure.

i will wait for you and thanks alot! i hope that my ipaq will be back to life (i have just bought it one month before)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @foreverone: you don't need flash.dio from original HP file. you just need any rom for HP914c. Arcording to my situation, I up to 6.5 and back to 6.1 for testing some functions. But unfortunately it stucked at white screen. But I use the flash.dio from 6.5 of Montecristo and follow instructions by Paloma and succeed. Good luck!
    May be the combination is different from Paloma's instructions, do search yourself, sorry that I don't remember exactly.
    I am now still using 6.5 by Montecristo, and don't want to change the ROM anymore. It's not too stable, but change ROM of this device like heart attacks, I think it is not good as my previous Blue Angel
    well, I don't get you.
    I didn't do anything with Montecristo rom, just copy it to the SD card.
    If your device got stuck suddenly like that (not in upping rom progress) I'm afraid it is related to hardware.
    However, once it stuck, you can't use SD loader, you need to follow Paloma's instructions. Hope it will help!