[TUT]MTK Android (Sp flash tool ) tutorial

Search This thread

streetfixers

May 12, 2019
"Not Verify" Message

Hello Sir,
i've found a solution to your problem:
so Here's the step you should follow...
Step1 : install gravity box, that depends on your android version [Pie, Oreo, Marshmallow, Kitkat etc.]
Step2: install "Xposed installer" & enable gravity box in modules then reboot your phone.
Warning: this will brick your phone if you don't root your phone them properly ( you can use "Root Checker").
Step3: after you reboot your phone, open gravity box and then go to "Advance Tuning" & enable "Master Switch" then reboot your phone again.
Step4: Open gravity box again, Go to: "Advance tuning", "Frame work" and find "Config_add_tee_watermark_state"
press the "Override" option and then check the "Overridden value" that will turn the watermark off ("Not Verify") to False
Step5: Reboot your phone again....
"Congratulations, your phone is now working as normal"

Btw Here's a full proof: [/URL]https://drive.google.com/open?id=19MXFuMAxQQTv_aU5ua33SMdauy7akGmn[/URL]

Last edited:

poopy unicorn

May 11, 2019
- Scope of this thread

The scope of this thread is ONLY to discuss about SP Flashtool program

- How to use Flashtool
- Report Flashtool errors and how to fix it.

Any other issues not related about Flashtool and its use should be posted in other specific thread.

Please DON'T discuss here about specific device issues like

- Where find ROM for a device
- How to fix problem on device
- etc

- Flash Tool hardware compatibily

SP Flash Tool are for Smartphone products

Mediatek MT62xx Familiy chips
Mediatek MT65xx Familiy chips
Mediatek MT67xx Familiy chips

- Support resources

Flashtool - 4PDA russian forum

SP FlashTool ||MTK Android FLASHER (xda)

Mediatek - Flash Tool - Info (mtk2000.ucoz.ru)

- Mediatek USB/ADB driver

To use Flashtool you should have installer Mediatek USB preloader driver.

There are two types of USB driver for Mediatek devices.

- ADB USB driver for device working and switched on.
- Preloader USB driver to flash the device that is switched off.

To use Flashtool, in the PC should be already installed the USB Mediatek Preloader driver.
This the latest version of Mediatek driver.
This is the all-in.one driver (include both USB ADB & preloader driver).
Is not required to disable driver sign in Windows.
The driver is compatible with all 32/64bit Windows OS's (from Windows XP to Windows 10).

USB driver Mediatek (ADB/preloader) v. 5.1632 - Auto installer

How to install the USB ADB/Preloader driver

- Disconnect the device from the PC.
- Download and decompress the archive.
- Run the exe installer file (decompressed from archive) as administrator (right click -> Run as administrator).
- Follow the instruction on video and wait the end of installation
- At the end of installation close the installer and reboot the PC.
- Now the drivers are available for flash.

- Flashtool version

The new version 5.xx include the support of new 64bit Mediatek CPU (MT67xx - ex. MT6732/MT6752/etc)
The new version 5.xx are also compatible with 32bit Mediatek CPU (MT65xx - ex. MT6582/6589/6592) and new 64bit Mediatek CPU (MT67xx - es. MT6732/MT67527etc).

Flashtool v. 5.x fixed a critical bug about SP Flash Tool 3.x where the SP Flashtool reads incorrectly the scatter file of some new mobile based on MTK6582 (error: recovery partition is not flashable).

- Windows version

Latest version - 5.1836

SP Flash Tool v. 5.1836 for Windows

Previous Windows Flashtool version

- Linux 64bit

Latest version: 5.1828

SP Flash Tool v. 5.1828 for Linux (64bit)

Previous Linux Flashtool version

Flashtool for Linux - How to install

- SP Flash Tool archive mirror sites

Flashtool for Windows (spflashtools.com)

Flashtool for Linux (spflashtools.com)

- "PMT Changed" error

If you get an error like "PMT Changed" (it means that partition scheme of current ROM and new ROM are different) and are you sure that the ROM is specific for your device you can use a special version of Flashtool 3.xx that bypass this error.

SP Flash Toolv. 3.1313 mod

- Direct Memory Write

To bypass a "PMT changed" error (it means that the partition scheme described in the scatter of the new ROM is different than the ROM installed) there are two ways

- If you have to flash the whole flash you can select in Flashtool the FIRWARE UPGRADE mode.
- If you have to flash single module/partition you can use Direct Memory Write

Direct Memory Write Info - post 713
Direct Memory Write Info - post 922
Direct Memory Write Info - Other thread

twrp installed in my android 8.1 device cant mount data partition, so i try to fix it via editing the fstab file in root/system/vendor/ect. i change the line forceencryt to encrytable and metadata to userdata. the point is my device is not booting anymore. my question is can i just flash the system partition via sp flashtool to fix the problem? cani flash only the system partition without loosing my root and twrp custom recovery? if so, how? can somebody help me with this:confused: thanks in advance

smart123123

Feb 27, 2016
twrp installed in my android 8.1 device cant mount data partition, so i try to fix it via editing the fstab file in root/system/vendor/ect. i change the line forceencryt to encrytable and metadata to userdata. the point is my device is not booting anymore. my question is can i just flash the system partition via sp flashtool to fix the problem? cani flash only the system partition without loosing my root and twrp custom recovery? if so, how? can somebody help me with this:confused: thanks in advance
Yes u can flash it... But in my opinion you should reflash the whole and then again reroot ir

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
@poopy unicorn

Pelase don't quote an entire pragraph just to wrire few liens.
Please remove the unnecessary quote from your post.

Please read carefully first post.
Your request is OT here.
In this thread we discuss ONLY about SP Flash Tool.
Not about anything else.

buzz-27

Jul 4, 2009
Bad detection and flash error ! STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH (-1073283068)

Hello,
Actually I have an error and i think to know why.
In fact with original files (Driver / DA / firmware) send me by archos,
Win and Linux detect the same bad Vendor and proc (0e8d:0003) and not my Archos Hello 7.
- Is it possible to force to flash My proc is MT8167 and detect prod is MT6227 ?
- Is it possible to modify the DA or firmware to include the detect information ?
- Is it possible to extract with flash tools the Vendor and device information of DA and firmware files ?
- and after try to force there information in the system WIN10 or Linux (I don't know how !) ?
thanks is you can help me.

P.S: I tried a lot version o SP Flash to be sure. STATUS_DA_HASH_MISMATCH (-1073283068) , MSP ERROE CODE : 0x00.

Last edited:

Goddly

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 7, 2013
Binghamton
Vivo Xi can't shut phone down.

As stated, I'm trying to flash stock rom, I fastboot oem unlocked device. Then flashed patched boot.img for root. Which broke wifi. So, I flashed vendor. Img to a boot loop. So. Im trying the flash tool, but, with device booting , I can't pull the battery, or shut it down. It will see the device with vcom preload for a couple seconds. When the phone reboots. (I'm assuming because it shuts down, then reboots) should I just let it sit on the splash screen until dead? Then try flashing with the tool?

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
@Goddy

I believe that if you don't post the details no one can help you.
The post should contain ALWAYS mazimum level of details.

Device brand/name
Chipset name
Android version
Operative system version

For me no one can answer to you because no one has a situtation like yours.
Only you can check.

djzero86

Oct 26, 2011
San José
Redmi Note 10
Hi @bovirus You know something about DA files and xiaomi authorized accounts? Redmi note 8 pro users need this type of account to flash in EDL mode. Excuse me if my question is not for this thread

Last edited:

Tom_usborne

Jan 25, 2020
Banglore
xdaflash.com
SmartPhone flash tool is the best tool that we recommend to flash for MTK devices

Things You Will Need for this Guide:
A Windows PC
Download and Install MTK preloader driver on your computer.
Download Smart Phone Flash Tool (SP Flash Tool)
Stock firmware of your Android device that you want to flash
Your device should have a battery backup of more than 50% will be good enough.
Note: Use this tutorial only if you are facing such as condition your device stuck at Logo, crashing of apps, failed system update and you want to update your phone. Moreover, this guide will help also get your device out of the boot loop, Unresponsive bricked Android device.

Flash Android Phone Using Smart Phone Flash Tool (SP Flash Tool)
Step 1: Switch off your phone and remove the battery from the phone if the battery is removable. You can flash any MTK chipset device without a battery.

Step 2: Download the latest version of SP Flash Tool and Extract downloaded zip files on your computer. After extracting you will see following files (as pictured below) now double click on flash_tool.exe to open SP Flash tool.
Step 3: After opening the SP Flash Tool you will find the following screen, now click on the Download tab in it.
Step 4: Click choose on the scatter-loading tab, or you can directly drag and drop the scatter.txt file in it.
Step 5: Now browse where you have extracted your Android device firmware and select scatter.txt file. (You will find a scatter.txt file in your firmware folder).
Step 6: Now click on the Download button to start the flash Android phone process.
Step 7: Now connect your phone in switched off mode to the Computer with a USB cable during Press Volume Down or Volume Up key and wait for it to get recognised. Once the Computer detects your device, you will be able to see a progress bar that will run at the bottom of the SP Flash tool window.
Step 8: The flashing process will take few minutes to finish after the process completed. You will see a Green indicate screen “Download OK.”
Congratulation, You have now successfully flash Android Phone, now close the SP Flash Tool window and removed the USB cable. Connect battery and power on the device and wait for some minutes as first boot after flash Android phone takes 10-20 minutes to boot up.

Additional Information:
Note: We are not responsible for any damage to your device. If you don’t follow the instructions carefully, your device may become bricked.
1. Take a backup your important data like photos, contacts, videos, music etc. before Flash your Android Phone and then proceed to avoid any data loss.
2. You can download the latest and previous versions of Smart Phone Flash Tools from here for Windows and Linux. We have Shared the official and tested all kind of versions for your convenience.
3. After completing the process of Flash Android phone, You may also need to follow How to Flash IMEI Using SN Writer Tool.
4. Write down the IMEI number before flash your Android Phone, if your device does not have IMEI Stickers on it (in some cases users reported that they had lost IMEI during flashing ). Dial *#06# to get the IMEI info.

Ratul2002

Feb 4, 2020
Sp flash tool for android

I have installed adb driver in my rooted android and it can recognize adb devices also adb sideload. But sp flash tool can only be installed in windows and linux. Is there any apk of the sp flash tool compatible with android 8.1.0 so that it can flash phone to phone. I can also run adb shell commands in my phone through termux and control other phones.. I also flashed a stock rom to a bricked phone using adb sideload but the proces gets aborted by the bricked phone. I think sp flash tool will do the job but there's no apk for android. Pl help

Last edited:

tyamadajp

Nov 5, 2008
Hi, Google search reveals 2 top sites for downloading SP Flash Tool, and they provide different binary for the same filename/version. Does this mean one of them is a fake, possibly with malware of something?

$ md5sum.exe dl-from-spflashtool*/*.zip
6dbd801b6dc8f7f5906adb68e8f6b51c *dl-from-spflashtool/SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1924_Win.zip
47d6d7d99c875774b09627c2c499802e *dl-from-spflashtools/SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1924_Win.zip

Tutorial is using the one from spflashtool (not "spflashtools") site, but how can I be sure which one is genuine?

theleftykid

Sep 17, 2012
Melbourne
Anyone can help me how to fix the error?

It says " STATUS_PARTITION_NOT_FOUND"

I tried reformatting and flashing files again but the error keeps showing up. I can flash all other files except when I try to flash the PRELOADER, the error shows up.

Help please. Thank you.

bovirus

Oct 7, 2007
@sunsero

And how are you sure that is a virus? Just for this wrong report?

Tested the installer with Avast/Mcafee Virusscan and Avira - No virus report.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    - Scope of this thread

The scope of this thread is ONLY to discuss about SP Flashtool program

- How to use Flashtool
    - Report Flashtool errors and how to fix it.

Any other issues not related about Flashtool and its use should be posted in other specific thread.

Please DON'T discuss here about specific device issues like

- Where find ROM for a device
    - How to fix problem on device
    - etc

- Flash Tool hardware compatibily

SP Flash Tool are for Smartphone products

Mediatek MT62xx Familiy chips
    Mediatek MT65xx Familiy chips
    Mediatek MT67xx Familiy chips

- Support resources

Flashtool - 4PDA russian forum

SP FlashTool ||MTK Android FLASHER (xda)

Mediatek - Flash Tool - Info (mtk2000.ucoz.ru)

- Mediatek USB/ADB driver

To use Flashtool you should have installer Mediatek USB preloader driver.

There are two types of USB driver for Mediatek devices.

- ADB USB driver for device working and switched on.
    - Preloader USB driver to flash the device that is switched off.

To use Flashtool, in the PC should be already installed the USB Mediatek Preloader driver.
    This the latest version of Mediatek driver.
    This is the all-in.one driver (include both USB ADB & preloader driver).
    Is not required to disable driver sign in Windows.
    The driver is compatible with all 32/64bit Windows OS's (from Windows XP to Windows 10).

USB driver Mediatek (ADB/preloader) v. 5.1632 - Auto installer

How to install the USB ADB/Preloader driver

- Disconnect the device from the PC.
    - Download and decompress the archive.
    - Run the exe installer file (decompressed from archive) as administrator (right click -> Run as administrator).
    - Follow the instruction on video and wait the end of installation
    - At the end of installation close the installer and reboot the PC.
    - Now the drivers are available for flash.

- Flashtool version

The new version 5.xx include the support of new 64bit Mediatek CPU (MT67xx - ex. MT6732/MT6752/etc)
    The new version 5.xx are also compatible with 32bit Mediatek CPU (MT65xx - ex. MT6582/6589/6592) and new 64bit Mediatek CPU (MT67xx - es. MT6732/MT67527etc).

Flashtool v. 5.x fixed a critical bug about SP Flash Tool 3.x where the SP Flashtool reads incorrectly the scatter file of some new mobile based on MTK6582 (error: recovery partition is not flashable).

- Windows version

Latest version - 5.1916

SP Flash Tool v. 5.1916 for Windows

- Linux 64bit

Latest version: 5.1916

SP Flash Tool v. 5.1916 for Linux (64bit)

Flashtool for Linux - How to install

- SP Flash Tool archive mirror sites

SP Flashtool for Windows and Linux (spflashtools.com)

- "PMT Changed" error

If you get an error like "PMT Changed" (it means that partition scheme of current ROM and new ROM are different) and are you sure that the ROM is specific for your device you can use a special version of Flashtool 3.xx that bypass this error.

SP Flash Toolv. 3.1313 mod

- Direct Memory Write

To bypass a "PMT changed" error (it means that the partition scheme described in the scatter of the new ROM is different than the ROM installed) there are two ways

- If you have to flash the whole flash you can select in Flashtool the FIRWARE UPGRADE mode.
    - If you have to flash single module/partition you can use Direct Memory Write

Direct Memory Write Info - post 713
    Direct Memory Write Info - post 922
    Direct Memory Write Info - Other thread

Read carefully before to continue!!!

- Please follow the instructions carefully
    - The author of thread and xda forum will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your device.
    - Always make sure that you trust the sources of the ROM you download and know that it is meant for your phone.
    - After flashing a wrong preloader, your phone will be completely dead (can't be powered on, it will not charge and won't be detected anymore by the computer) and there is no way to recover it.

Instruction how to use Flashtool

• - Requirements
    • USB data cable
    • MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
    • SP Flash Tool
    Flashing the whole ROM
    • First of all open SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter file
      (MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt or MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, depending on which phone you have) for your device and ignore any message that may appear.

• Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
    • Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
      The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.

• After the red progress bar is complete, there will appear a purple progress bar.

• Right after the purple progress bar is complete, a message will appear underneath it:
      Please insert USB cable in x seconds” and then the download will start right away (you will see the yellow progress bar filling up).

• When the yellow bar is complete, you'll get a popup with a green circle and Download OK message,
      which means that the process has been successfully terminated.

• You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on. The process ends here.
    Flashing only part of the ROM
    • In case you want to flash just one part of the ROM, that is also possible. In the shown example, only recovery image will be flashed.
      Deselect all parts except the one(s) you want to flash and then press F9 (or hit Download button).

• The tool will immediately show a warning because not all parts are selected, but you should continue anyway. Safely press Yes to continue.

• The download of the chosen partition image will start and after the yellow bar is complete, the popup with the green circle should appear.

• Please note that, even though it isn't mandatory to select it on the list of images to flash,
      preloader file must be present in the same folder as the other partition(s) that you want to flash, or else phone will not be able to enter into download mode.

@bovirus

OKay, I can understand better, thanks.
    Seems that my phone is dead, I try to get into Factory Test, but it only turns ON in a blank white screen blnking, so it maight be is the Main board that its damaged.

Thanks However :)
    There are two ways to get around the PMT error. First way is to use an earlier version of the SP Flash Tool. Like version 3. But this does not always solve the problem.

The second way is to use the hidden Write Memory tab (hit the Ctrl-Alt-V combination on the keyboard to enter Advanced Mode, then select the Window > Write Memory option from the drop down menu. The Write Memory tab will then appear). Use the Write Memory tab to flash the images directly to the partition you wish starting from the memory address you specify. So if you had made a full ROM backup before you bricked your device (most people unfortunately fail to take this simple precaution), you would simply flash that ROM file starting at address 0x0.

You can find the correct starting addresses for each partition either on the download tab or by looking at the starting linear address in the scatter.txt file. For a softbrick, you might simply want to successively flash the boot.img, the recovery.img and the system.img to their appropriate partitions using the Write Memory tab.

When you use the Write Memory tab to flash, you must turn the phone off BUT leave the battery INSIDE the phone then connect the USB cable.

The Write Memory feature will only work if you identify the Preloader.bin file on the Download tab (so you must check the Preloader box on the Download tab). BUT DO NOT CHECK THE PRELOADER BOX IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE DOWNLOAD TAB TO FLASH THE DEVICE. ONLY CHECK THAT BOX IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE THE WRITE MEMORY TAB TO FLASH.

If you don't have the preloader.bin file, simply use the Read Back tab to dump it from the phone.

Finally, be absolutely sure you have the correct ROM for your phone. If the ROM is not the correct one for your device and you flash the wrong boot, recovery or system images to the phone, it will not boot. It will remain or become bricked. The fact that a ROM is for the same MTK chipset as your phone does NOT mean it's the correct ROM for your phone!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
    where can we find the scatter loading file please reply :)
    What's needed:

• USB data cable
    • MediaTek USB VCOM drivers
    • SP Flash Tool ( Latest version SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01)

• First of all, make sure that you have MediaTek DA USB VCOM drivers installed.

Flashing the whole ROM
    • First of all open SP Flash Tool, then click Scatter-loading button to load the correct scatter file
      (MT6575_Android_scatter_emmc.txt or MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt, depending on which phone you have) for your device and ignore any message that may appear.

• Turn off your phone, remove the battery and replace it after some seconds (and don't turn on the phone).
    • Press F9 (or hit Download button) and connect your phone into the computer via USB data cable.
      The process will start and a red progress bar will appear.

• After the red progress bar is complete, there will appear a purple progress bar.

• Right after the purple progress bar is complete, a message will appear underneath it:
      Please insert USB cable in x seconds” and then the download will start right away (you will see the yellow progress bar filling up).

• When the yellow bar is complete, you'll get a popup with a green circle and Download OK message,
      which means that the process has been successfully terminated.

• You can now safely disconnect your phone and turn it on. The process ends here.
    Flashing only part of the ROM
    • In case you want to flash just one part of the ROM, that is also possible. In the shown example, only recovery image will be flashed.
      Deselect all parts except the one(s) you want to flash and then press F9 (or hit Download button).

• The tool will immediately show a warning because not all parts are selected, but you should continue anyway. Safely press Yes to continue.

• The download of the chosen partition image will start and after the yellow bar is complete, the popup with the green circle should appear.

• Please note that, even though it isn't mandatory to select it on the list of images to flash,
      preloader file must be present in the same folder as the other partition(s) that you want to flash, or else phone will not be able to enter into download mode.

Attention: Please follow the instructions carefully. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your phone.

Very important warning: Always make sure that you trust the sources of the ROM you download and know that it is meant for your phone.
    After flashing a wrong preloader, your phone will be completely dead (can't be powered on, it will not charge and won't be detected anymore by the computer) and there is no way to recover it.
    ================
    [Tool]SP FlashTool ||MTK Android FLASHER
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1982576
    ======================

nice tuto thanks:good: