[TUT] [TOOL] MT65xx ROM Porting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Please refer to this post . . . :cowboy:

For detail specific on MT6575 SoC, refer to this NEW Thread by xXx~~~SHLOK~~~xXx & DarkFrenzy . . . :good:

For detail specific on MT6577 SoC, refer to this NEW Thread by Avenger4droid

All MT65xx android phones are plagued by the same problem, No Custom ROMs & there are just too many models out there... :eek:

DEVs that are developing custom rom for it are only a handful. If you have the same model as these DEV then you are very lucky indeed to get cwmr & custom roms from them. But what about those hundreds if not thousands of MT65xx out there ?

No worries, you can port any Custom ROMs to your device quite easily using Master Shifu dsixda's Android Kitchen....
rclxms.gif
Links for that is below my signature... :cool: Even though they are for MT6573, some of them are still relevant... :eek: Many have successfully ported numerous of MT6573/ 75/ 77 custom/ stock ROMs out of it....
thumbup.gif
Full Credits & Special Thanks to Master Shifu dsixda for making such a Super Easy to use & Fabulous Android Kitchen...
rclxms.gif

Below is what i found out when porting ROM, you may need to patch the following below from your stock ROM for it to work...
modem.img - SIM1/ 2 not working
libcameracustom.so - Camera no auto-focus
mtk_stp_wmt - Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth can't switch on
Generic.kl - Home key doesn't work

So here is my quick & easy patching tut for porting Lewa OS to MT6577 based Ulefone Star N9776. Everything works except for FM radio... :eek: Added on May 06 2013 - Hmm, it seems many never follow the whole thread & begin porting using this tut... :eek: Read this post here & here first, rest of the procedure is same... Thanks to fellow xda members that has contributed to this thread... ;)

Another one here for Porting Master Shifu bgcngm's V970 Custom ROM to Lenovo A789...
thumbup.gif
Everything is working on this one...
rclxms.gif

Recently, i get just too many PMs regarding ROM porting & i don't know everything... :laugh:

So i'm starting this thread & hopefully to get more involvement from fellow xda members to share their experiences as what are the other files needs to be patched to get it fully working...
thumbup.gif

Pls include...
1. Name of your device
2. ROM that you ported from
3. What are the things that is not working initially
4. What are the file names & location to patch it

Cheers... :cool:
-------------------------------
Where to hunt for ROMs to port... :D
anzhuodiy.com
romzj.com
dashi.com
shendu.com
Added on Feb 25, 2013
Operation to Support & Reward our MTK SoC Developers
Head up to here & show your support...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Added on Mar 31, 2013 - Patching MT6628 ROM to work on MT6620 & vice-versa
Thanks to kumar abhishek for letting me know that it is possible to patch MT6628 to MT6620, i found out Star N9770 which is from the same company as my Star N9776, some Chinese manage to patch it, everything works & this info found out by s_bd on china-iphone so i use that as base to find out which file is the culprit... :cowboy:

Below is what i found out, need only these few files (patch from stock to ported ROM) & everything works...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

This is of course minimum patching because its from the same manufacturer... ;)

FMradio
system/etc/firmware/mt6620_patch_e3_hdr.bin
system/etc/firmware/mt6620_patch_e6_hdr.bin-> If yours is MT6628, you'll need to patch all mt6628_fm_*_*.bin too
system/etc/firmware/WMT.CFG-> This is the antenna cfg, without this, FMradio cannot receive clearly

system/lib/modules/mtk_fm_drv.ko
system/lib/libfmcust.so

Wi-Fi & BT
system/lib/modules/mtk_stp_wmt.ko
system/lib/modules/mtk_wmt_wifi.ko -> After patching, both works & can be individually switch on/ off

system/lib/libbluetooth_mtk.so
system/lib/libbluetoothem_mtk.so -> MTK Engineering will show MT6628 if not patch...

system/etc/firmware -> if yours is MT6628, you'll need to patch all WIFI_RAM_CODE_* too

GPS
system/xbin/libmnlp -> This culprit file is the GPS. Took me the longest time to find out
Found out recent for porting Lenovo s890 (MT6628 to my MT6620), some apps at system/vendor/operator/ is blocking GPS so just delete all apps & use MTK Engineering mode to confirmed it... :fingers-crossed:

build.prop
fmradio.driver.chip=1 -> if yours is MT6628 then change it to 3
mediatek.wlan.chip=MT6620 -> if yours is MT6628 then change last digit to 8
mediatek.wlan.module.postfix=_mt6620 -> if yours is MT6628 then change last digit to 8

updater-script
symlink("wlan_mt6620.ko", "/system/lib/modules/wlan.ko"); -> if yours is MT6628 then change last digit to 8

Happy Porting...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Added on April 02, 2013 - Camera patch for Lewa ROM
If your Lewa cam is not working in spite of all the known patching methods then refer to here... :cool:
For patching Lewa Lenovo A60 cam auto-focus you'll need the following below from your Stock base ROM patch to Lewa & auto-focus will work...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

system/lib/libcamalgo.so
system/lib/libcameracustom.so
system/lib/libmhaldrv.so

Summary of Lewa ROM for MT65xx
Jelly Bean MT6628 based MT6589 SoC
LeWa_AMOI_N828_JB2

Jelly Bean MT6628 based MT6577 SoC
LeWa_Jiayu_G2S_JB_ROM
LeWa_Lenovo_S890_JB_ROM
LeWa_ZTE_V889S_JB_ROM
LeWa_Lenovo_P770_JB_ROM
LeWa_Huawei_U8836D

Jelly Bean MT6620 based
LeWa_Jiayu_G3_JB_ROM
LeWa_Jiayu_G2S_JB_ROM
LeWa_Jiayu_G2L_JB_ROM
LeWa_Jiayu_G2H_JB_ROM
LeWa_ROM_DAKELE_MC001_JB
LeWa_ROM_UMI_X1_JB
LeWa_ROM_AMOI_N820_JB
LeWa_ROM_AMOI_N821_JB

MT6575
LeWa_ROM_JIAYU_G2_JB

For starter better not use Dakele, G3, G2L, G2H b'cos it includes uboot.img meant for those device & it may require much more additional patching... :cool:

ICS
MT6620 based MT6577 SoC
LeWa_Lenovo_A789
LeWa_GLX_L100_ROM
LeWa_NEWMAN_N1_ROM
LeWa_GiONEE_GN700W_ROM
LeWa_ZOPO_ZP900_ROM
MT6575
LeWa_Lenovo_A750
LeWa_ROM_Lenovo_P700
LeWa_Konka_E900_ROM

GB
LeWa_A60_ROM
Added on April 21, 2013 - Basic Ethics
Ethical ROM Porter... :cool:
Added on May 06, 2013 - Factory ROM backup
i get too many pm, many brick their device & they didn't back up their Factory ROM first...
alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

Added on June 23, 2013 - MT65xx Lewa OS Porting Tool
Since many are interested in porting LeWa, attach is my simple program that does everything automatically for you...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

However, on the 2nd part, you'll have to identify what is not working & patch it yourself... :cowboy:

Credits to Igor Pavlov & Master Shifu Michfood...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Happy Porting LeWa ROM...
Emoji_1F60E_zps1b2cee45.png

Hmm, it seems many are having trouble with this LeWa Porting tool... :eek:

Upon checking Master Shifu Michfood's Russian thread, found out that the below must be met or this tool will fail to operate...

Requirement on your MTK devices -> Root access to ADB
The default.prop at boot.img should be as below...
Code:
ro.secure=[COLOR="Blue"][B]0[/B][/COLOR]
ro.debuggable=[COLOR="blue"][B]1[/B][/COLOR]
persist.service.adb.enable=[COLOR="blue"][B]1[/B][/COLOR]
Use Master Shifu's Repack Utils, make the changes, re-download boot.img via SPFT then only use this tool again... :cowboy:

This tool operates with your device fully booted up, not at CWM or fastboot...

Extract this tool to your Desktop otherwise disable UAC if you use this program at other folder or it will not work properly... :eek:
Added on June 24, 2013 - MTK FirmwareAdapter Tool
Just found out that Russian Master Shifu back37 has shared his brand new ROM porting tool here...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

With this tool, ROM porting on MTK devices is a breeze but as i always says always make a backup copy first via CWM/ TWRP before starting always or you might end up here... :cool:
Added on May 5, 2014
Just found out that Master Shifu has just started his thread here . . . :good:
Added on July 01, 2013 - ANDROID_firmware_tool_v2.1 for MTK devices
This is another great app by Russian Master Shifu Michfood for modding apps, framework, deodex; great for ROM Cooker AKA the MTK Android Kitchen...
rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

You can even use its Wireless ADB app to avoid constant USB charging that might spoil your battery in the long run...

Master Shifu told me its hard for him to maintain several threads so you gotta ask all your questions there... :cowboy:

To change the language to English refer to below...
en_zpsbf7c5521.jpg

v2.3 is a Donationware now, if you wanna try out then download this full older version here... :cowboy: if you find it useful then upgrade to V.2.3 & support Master Shifu Michfood work...
thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Solutions link

FM radio, camera, 3G data fix - MT6577
MT6515 i9300 LeWa Port
Porting tips
How to choose which ROM
LeWa Porting tips
init.rc cam fix
Another LeWa porting tips
Wi-Fi fix
Cellular Network fix
Virtual key & porting tips
Cam fix MT6589
Updater-script Wi-Fi fix
Android Kitchen to repack back boot.img
MT6589 BT fix
MT6577 vold.fstab swap
Another vold.fstab fix
bootloop fix
Another cam fix
Another cam fix
Another cam fix
LeWa lockscreen mod
Cam Mpx fix
Cam focus fix
Another LeWa lockscreen mod tips
Compass fix
Another LeWa fix
Another Android Kitchen tips
ROM porting for Alcatel MTK devices
edify_def for Android Kitchen
MIUI Roaming Fix
MT6620 to MT6628
MIUI porting tips
Another cam fix
MTK Engineering Mode
Storage FC fix
USB mount to PC fix
MT6589 audio fix (2)
MT6589 ROM Porting tips
Another cam fix
Unpack/ Repack boot.img & camera fix
Another cam fix
Another porting tips
Haptic feedback fix
Another porting tips
Resize icon
Flip screen explained
Brightness fix
Another porting tips
Touch Screen problem & solution
Another porting tips
Another MIUI porting tips (2)
Another porting tips
Another Android Kitchen porting tips
Another sdcard fix
Another cam fix
Another vold.fstab fix
Another porting tips
Another cam fix
Another cam fix
Another porting tips
Button fix
Porting 4.2.2 for MT6577
Porting MT6589 to 77 (2) (3)
Phone.apk FC fix
Dialer FC fix
Another porting tips
Date & Time fix
Porting from MT6589 ROM to MT6577 with AMOI 4.2.2 base Q&A
LeWa OS5 Porting Tips
Fix sd mount in device
Another cam fix (2) (3)
Another cam fix (2)
Another cam fix tips
ROM Index for Porting
Another sdcard fix (2) (3) (4)
Porting Tools Updated Version
MT6575 audio & micro sim fix
MT6582 media player fix
Another SIM fix
Another storage fix

Attachments

• MT65xx-Port-Lewa.7z
    3 MB · Views: 42,257
Last edited:

balamu96m

May 2, 2011
Chennai
All MT65xx android phones are plagued by the same problem, No Custom ROMs & there are just too many models out there... :eek:

DEVs that are developing custom rom for it are only a handful. If you have the same model as these DEV then you are very lucky indeed to get cwmr & custom roms from them. But what about those hundreds if not thousands of MT65xx out there ?

No worries, you can port any Custom ROMs to your device quite easily using Master Shifu dsixda's Android Kitchen....
rclxms.gif
Links for that is below my signature... :cool:

Below is what i found out when porting ROM, you may need the following below from your stock ROM for it to work...

So here is my quick & dirty patching tut for porting Lewa OS to MT6577 based Ulefone Star N9776. Everything works except for FM radio... :eek:

Recently, i get just too many PMs regarding ROM porting & i don't know everything... :laugh:

So i'm starting this thread & hopefully to get more fellow xda member contributions to share their experience as what other files need to be patched to get it fully working...
thumbup.gif

Will be helpful for many!

I too joined the MT6577 community with the Micromax A110 (Canvas 2) !! No probs so far!

angel.grin

Oct 15, 2012
master

hey master mind if you add these..
and i like your idea for consolidating everything about MT65xx devices i thinks its a good idea we can create a huge community with this.
maybe we should request for a MT6577 device to be added since many phones use this platform. and its not that hard to port roms from other MT65xx devices.

1 Device: KATA i1
2 ROM ported: LeWa OS from Zopo ZP900
3 Camera, FM radio, 3G Data not working

FM radio fix and Camera Fix

i did was i extracted the PORT ROM and STOCK ROM to any folder then searched for the thing that didn't work. eg. CAMERA
then i copied all the files that has camera in it from stock and overwritten the ones in port.
(i also deleted the extra files the STOCK didn't have, don't know what happens if you don't delete the extra ones, but since your reverting to stock just use all of the stock ones IMO)

here it goes

For CAMERA - "can't connect to Camera"
copy these from stock ROM to port ROM

\system\lib\hw\camera.default.so --- (if you have two files like camera.goldfish.so delete this the one with the goldfish)
\system\lib\libcamera_client.so
\system\lib\libcameracustom.so
\system\lib\libcameraprofile.so
\system\lib\libcameraservice.so

you can copy the stock camera.apk if you want but not necessary

now for FM Radio

\system\lib\libaudio.a2dp.default.so
\system\lib\libaudio.primary.default.so
\system\lib\libaudiocompensationfilter.so
\system\lib\libaudiocustparam.so
\system\lib\libaudioeffect_jni.so
\system\lib\libaudioflinger.so
\system\lib\libaudiosetting.so
\system\lib\libfmar1000.so
\system\lib\libfmcust.so
\system\lib\libfmjni.so
\system\lib\libfmmt6616.so
\system\lib\libfmmt6620.so
\system\lib\libfmmt6626.so
\system\lib\libfmmt6628.so

you can also copy the stock fmradio.apk if you want but not necessary

for the 3G data refer to master yuwengs post #1.

so based on my experience i think this is also applicable with other hardware problems. not all, maybe some hehe :D

success!! :highfive:

hope this helps!

credits to master yuweng for helping me finish my lewa rom port. dsixda for kitchen and lewa os team for their great rom.:D

Last edited:

boybakat

May 8, 2012
Hi master..

I would like to ask if you can port this rom LeWa_s3_mt6575 rom ( cloned i9300 ) to work on mt6515 19300?

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
No one can port ROMs from another device to another device without physically having the actual device in hand, thats why you have to DIY... :eek:

Ok, guess i'll just provide a simple How-to for any ROM at all, if it doesn't boot then its best to move on & find one that boots... :laugh: Don't waste your time & effort to make it boot...

For porting Lewa, look at here...AFAIK, Lenovo A750, P700, Jiayu G2 are some of the MT6575, rest you have to google for it... :eek: Use my tut for guide line...

i myself end up downloaded all MT6577 Lewa ROM & out of 12 Lewa ROM 6# can boot... ;)

Now that i recall, a fellow xda member had success in porting Lewa to his MT6575 by using Zopo100 ported Lewa...According to him, no need much patching & it just boot up on first try... :good: In fact, he has success in porting Zopo100 MIUI to his MT6575 too... :cool:

And also yours is a MT6515 not MT6575... :fingers-crossed:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield

rclxms.gif
Links for that is below my signature... :cool: Even though they are for MT6573, some of them are still relevant... :eek: Many have successfully ported numerous of MT6573/ 75/ 77 custom/ stock ROMs out of it....
thumbup.gif
Full Credits & Special Thanks to Master Shifu dsixda for making such a Super Easy to use & Fabulous Android Kitchen...
rclxms.gif

Below is what i found out when porting ROM, you may need to patch the following below from your stock ROM for it to work...

So here is my quick & easy patching tut for porting Lewa OS to MT6577 based Ulefone Star N9776. Everything works except for FM radio... :eek:

Another one here for Porting Master Shifu bgcngm's V970 Custom ROM to Lenovo A789...
thumbup.gif
rclxms.gif

So i'm starting this thread & hopefully to get more involvement from fellow xda members to share their experiences as what are the other files needs to be patched to get it fully working...
thumbup.gif

Pls include...
1. Name of your device

Are you reading my mind yuweng :confused: :laugh:

I noticed lewa are now supporting the Newman N1 & Zopo zt900 so I was searching for info and here you are again one step ahead :good:

BTW My brother is very happy with the A9300 MTK6575 so I may not see that phone back for a while :laugh:

So my friend here are some very basic questions about Lewa I hope you can help me with while I read the tuts :good:

1. Are the stable base roms from their site English language or just Chinese language?
2. Do their Roms support google apps & google-play (market) or do we have to install it or is this a totally independent OS from google?
3. Will we lose root, busybox and/or su flashing lewa?
4. The Zopo zt900 ROM is not a lot different from the zp300+ so what changes would I have to make to port it to my zp300+(Screen size and home buttons are different soft on zp300+ Hard on zp900)
5. And lastly can I still keep my beloved TWRP recovery and port Lewa :eek:

Short answers will do yuweng I will keep googling for the info but would trust your first hand experiance over anything I get of google :cool:

Regards bigrammy. :cowboy:

boybakat

May 8, 2012
No one can port ROMs from another device to another device without physically having the actual device in hand, thats why you have to DIY... :eek:

Ok, guess i'll just provide a simple How-to for any ROM at all, if it doesn't boot then its best to move on & find one that boots... :laugh: Don't waste your time & effort to make it boot...

For porting Lewa, look at here...AFAIK, Lenovo A750, P700, Jiayu G2 are some of the MT6575, rest you have to google for it... :eek: Use my tut for guide line...

i myself end up downloaded all MT6577 Lewa ROM & out of 12 Lewa ROM 6# can boot... ;)

Now that i recall, a fellow xda member had success in porting Lewa to his MT6575 by using Zopo100 ported Lewa...According to him, no need much patching & it just boot up on first try... :good: In fact, he has success in porting Zopo100 MIUI to his MT6575 too... :cool:

And also yours is a MT6515 not MT6575... :fingers-crossed:

ok thanks man. will try to follow your tut and will keep you posted if i made it...

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
if you can't even follow simple How-to then you are indeed useless... :laugh:

Short answers will do :cool:
1. All are stable for everyday use however they may be a bug or two... :eek:
2. Built-in with gapps
3. Comes with su, Superuser & busybox
4. Try & see if it boot then only move on to solve problems... :fingers-crossed:
5. Lewa always include their own TWRP so you have to manually edit updater-script & remove that line...TWRP V2.3.2.3 can be use for Lewa's weekly update too while cwmr always fail.... :D Again manual editing require...

it takes a little bit of luck too when it comes to ROM porting, eg : i've downloaded earlier all five Lewa ROM that doesn't boot then when i download all -> 6 of it booted out of 12...
alamak.gif
Can you see how unlucky i am... :silly:

ok thanks man. will try to follow your tut and will keep you posted if i made it...
You are most welcome, man... :D And yes, pls do share your experience, i might learn a trick or two from you on ROM porting for MT6515... :good:

bigrammy

Apr 8, 2011
huddersfield
if you can't even follow simple How-to then you are indeed useless... :laugh::

Yes he is :laugh:

yuweng in reply to bigrammy said:
1. All are stable for everyday use however they may be a bug or two... :eek:
2. Built-in with gapps
3. Comes with su, Superuser & busybox
4. Try & see if it boot then only move on to solve problems... :fingers-crossed:
5. Lewa always include their own TWRP so you have to manually edit updater-script & remove that line...TWRP V2.3.2.3 can be use for Lewa's weekly update too while cwmr always fail.... :D Again manual editing require...

it takes a little bit of luck too when it comes to ROM porting, eg : i've downloaded earlier all five Lewa ROM that doesn't boot then when i download all -> 6 of it booted out of 12...
alamak.gif
Can you see how unlucky i am... :silly:

Thanks yuweng that's made things a lot easier & more clear :good: I will have a go at porting when I am next off work and have a day or two to have a play around with things :eek:

pankycool123

Nov 14, 2012
i have flash Ulefone Star N9776 rom in my Micromax a110 everthing is fine & excellent customization but

- Wi fi is not turning on
- network not coming in sim (i have change the modem.img of t2 jb)

any help ??

boybakat

May 8, 2012
managed to make my device boot using LEWA rom for mt6575 i9300 clone

i just did a little and simple adjusment.

i unpacked LEWA rom
-copied files from /system/etc/firmware from current rom to system/etc/firmware lewa rom folder
-copied /system lib/modules files from current rom to /system/lib/modules
-copied boot.img
-zip the lewa folder into a .zip flie..
-flash thru cwm
viola my device boot and running lewa rom without any issues

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Bro, its already explained at the OP & you ask again...
alamak.gif

Since there are so many development on MMX A110 you can try & extract out mtk_stp_wmt.ko from /system/lib/modules/ from either one of the ROM below & copy it over to your ported ROM, restart & it should work... :fingers-crossed:

1. MMX A110 V1
2. MMX A110 V2
3. Mobistel Cynus T2 JB
4. DrBhokali
5. JMP Xtreme
6. AMOI N820/N821 JELLYBEAN official 4.1.1

if it doesn't work then move on to the next one & when everything fail then you can use boybakat method & copy everything to over & start over with the above list... :eek:

BHARDIK

May 27, 2012
Rajkot, Gujarat
www.hardikahir.in
hey @@ yuweng @@ can you help me for porting JB on my A90s same as A110 only screen size is different......... A90s has HDPI ( 480x800 ) and A110 have QHD (640x960) if m not wrong.........can u help me for porting Jelly Bean ROM in my Devices.........!! i already make ROM for my device which are not JB its simple stock ROM which are themed and customized for better use..... !!

i need JB on my A90s.....plz help...

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Yeoh Bro, as said earlier, JB ROM needs JB boot.img from your device & if you already have JB boot.img then why port other JB to your device... :D

But wait, haha, on the MMX A110 thread, they have ported many JB ROM to their device with the recent release of JB boot.img for their device here... :laugh:

So pray hard that A90s release JB ROM update or you couldn't port all those JB ROMs to your device... :fingers-crossed:

----------------------------------
Fuel by the interest from MMX A110 xda members to port JB, i too started try out those ROMs there & to my surprise many do boots up however patching Wi-Fi, Blueetooth, Camera & etc is required.... :D

Last edited:

bsuhas

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 22, 2011
.deleted.

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Successfully ported to A110 without any issues
Micromax A110 TW rom

Reactions: yuweng

yuweng

Feb 5, 2012
Yeoh Bro,

Haha, thank you so much for your feedback... :laugh:

So its more or less confirmed that those same *.ko & *.so from base Stock ROM needs to be patch to ported ROMs to make it fully working... :cool:

Thanks again for reporting back...
thumbup.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please refer to this post . . . :cowboy:

For detail specific on MT6575 SoC, refer to this NEW Thread by xXx~~~SHLOK~~~xXx & DarkFrenzy . . . :good:

For detail specific on MT6577 SoC, refer to this NEW Thread by Avenger4droid

rclxms.gif
    thumbup.gif
    rclxms.gif

So here is my quick & easy patching tut for porting Lewa OS to MT6577 based Ulefone Star N9776. Everything works except for FM radio... :eek: Added on May 06 2013 - Hmm, it seems many never follow the whole thread & begin porting using this tut... :eek: Read this post here & here first, rest of the procedure is same... Thanks to fellow xda members that has contributed to this thread... ;)

thumbup.gif
    rclxms.gif

thumbup.gif

Pls include...
    1. Name of your device

Where to hunt for ROMs to port... :D
    anzhuodiy.com
    romzj.com
    dashi.com
    shendu.com
    Added on Feb 25, 2013
    Operation to Support & Reward our MTK SoC Developers
    Head up to here & show your support...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Added on Mar 31, 2013 - Patching MT6628 ROM to work on MT6620 & vice-versa
    Thanks to kumar abhishek for letting me know that it is possible to patch MT6628 to MT6620, i found out Star N9770 which is from the same company as my Star N9776, some Chinese manage to patch it, everything works & this info found out by s_bd on china-iphone so i use that as base to find out which file is the culprit... :cowboy:

Below is what i found out, need only these few files (patch from stock to ported ROM) & everything works...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

This is of course minimum patching because its from the same manufacturer... ;)

FMradio
    system/etc/firmware/mt6620_patch_e3_hdr.bin
    system/etc/firmware/mt6620_patch_e6_hdr.bin-> If yours is MT6628, you'll need to patch all mt6628_fm_*_*.bin too
    system/etc/firmware/WMT.CFG-> This is the antenna cfg, without this, FMradio cannot receive clearly

system/lib/modules/mtk_fm_drv.ko
    system/lib/libfmcust.so

Wi-Fi & BT
    system/lib/modules/mtk_stp_wmt.ko
    system/lib/modules/mtk_wmt_wifi.ko -> After patching, both works & can be individually switch on/ off

system/lib/libbluetooth_mtk.so
    system/lib/libbluetoothem_mtk.so -> MTK Engineering will show MT6628 if not patch...

system/etc/firmware -> if yours is MT6628, you'll need to patch all WIFI_RAM_CODE_* too

GPS
    system/xbin/libmnlp -> This culprit file is the GPS. Took me the longest time to find out
    Found out recent for porting Lenovo s890 (MT6628 to my MT6620), some apps at system/vendor/operator/ is blocking GPS so just delete all apps & use MTK Engineering mode to confirmed it... :fingers-crossed:

build.prop
    fmradio.driver.chip=1 -> if yours is MT6628 then change it to 3
    mediatek.wlan.chip=MT6620 -> if yours is MT6628 then change last digit to 8
    mediatek.wlan.module.postfix=_mt6620 -> if yours is MT6628 then change last digit to 8

updater-script
    symlink("wlan_mt6620.ko", "/system/lib/modules/wlan.ko"); -> if yours is MT6628 then change last digit to 8

Happy Porting...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Added on April 02, 2013 - Camera patch for Lewa ROM
    If your Lewa cam is not working in spite of all the known patching methods then refer to here... :cool:
    For patching Lewa Lenovo A60 cam auto-focus you'll need the following below from your Stock base ROM patch to Lewa & auto-focus will work...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

system/lib/libcamalgo.so
    system/lib/libcameracustom.so
    system/lib/libmhaldrv.so

Summary of Lewa ROM for MT65xx
    Jelly Bean MT6628 based MT6589 SoC
    LeWa_AMOI_N828_JB2

Jelly Bean MT6628 based MT6577 SoC
    LeWa_Jiayu_G2S_JB_ROM
    LeWa_Lenovo_S890_JB_ROM
    LeWa_ZTE_V889S_JB_ROM
    LeWa_Lenovo_P770_JB_ROM
    LeWa_Huawei_U8836D

Jelly Bean MT6620 based
    LeWa_Jiayu_G3_JB_ROM
    LeWa_Jiayu_G2S_JB_ROM
    LeWa_Jiayu_G2L_JB_ROM
    LeWa_Jiayu_G2H_JB_ROM
    LeWa_ROM_DAKELE_MC001_JB
    LeWa_ROM_UMI_X1_JB
    LeWa_ROM_AMOI_N820_JB
    LeWa_ROM_AMOI_N821_JB

MT6575
    LeWa_ROM_JIAYU_G2_JB

For starter better not use Dakele, G3, G2L, G2H b'cos it includes uboot.img meant for those device & it may require much more additional patching... :cool:

ICS
    MT6620 based MT6577 SoC
    LeWa_Lenovo_A789
    LeWa_GLX_L100_ROM
    LeWa_NEWMAN_N1_ROM
    LeWa_GiONEE_GN700W_ROM
    LeWa_ZOPO_ZP900_ROM
    MT6575
    LeWa_Lenovo_A750
    LeWa_ROM_Lenovo_P700
    LeWa_Konka_E900_ROM

GB
    LeWa_A60_ROM
    Added on April 21, 2013 - Basic Ethics
    Ethical ROM Porter... :cool:
    Added on May 06, 2013 - Factory ROM backup
    i get too many pm, many brick their device & they didn't back up their Factory ROM first...
    alamak_zps2e31ed77.gif

Added on June 23, 2013 - MT65xx Lewa OS Porting Tool
    Since many are interested in porting LeWa, attach is my simple program that does everything automatically for you...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

However, on the 2nd part, you'll have to identify what is not working & patch it yourself... :cowboy:

Credits to Igor Pavlov & Master Shifu Michfood...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Happy Porting LeWa ROM...
    Emoji_1F60E_zps1b2cee45.png

Hmm, it seems many are having trouble with this LeWa Porting tool... :eek:

Upon checking Master Shifu Michfood's Russian thread, found out that the below must be met or this tool will fail to operate...

Requirement on your MTK devices -> Root access to ADB
    The default.prop at boot.img should be as below...
    Code:
    ro.secure=[COLOR="Blue"][B]0[/B][/COLOR]
    ro.debuggable=[COLOR="blue"][B]1[/B][/COLOR]
    persist.service.adb.enable=[COLOR="blue"][B]1[/B][/COLOR]
    Use Master Shifu's Repack Utils, make the changes, re-download boot.img via SPFT then only use this tool again... :cowboy:

This tool operates with your device fully booted up, not at CWM or fastboot...

Extract this tool to your Desktop otherwise disable UAC if you use this program at other folder or it will not work properly... :eek:
    Added on June 24, 2013 - MTK FirmwareAdapter Tool
    Just found out that Russian Master Shifu back37 has shared his brand new ROM porting tool here...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

With this tool, ROM porting on MTK devices is a breeze but as i always says always make a backup copy first via CWM/ TWRP before starting always or you might end up here... :cool:
    Added on May 5, 2014
    Just found out that Master Shifu has just started his thread here . . . :good:
    Added on July 01, 2013 - ANDROID_firmware_tool_v2.1 for MTK devices
    This is another great app by Russian Master Shifu Michfood for modding apps, framework, deodex; great for ROM Cooker AKA the MTK Android Kitchen...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

You can even use its Wireless ADB app to avoid constant USB charging that might spoil your battery in the long run...

Master Shifu told me its hard for him to maintain several threads so you gotta ask all your questions there... :cowboy:

To change the language to English refer to below...
    en_zpsbf7c5521.jpg

v2.3 is a Donationware now, if you wanna try out then download this full older version here... :cowboy: if you find it useful then upgrade to V.2.3 & support Master Shifu Michfood work...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Solutions link

FM radio, camera, 3G data fix - MT6577
    MT6515 i9300 LeWa Port
    Porting tips
    How to choose which ROM
    LeWa Porting tips
    init.rc cam fix
    Wi-Fi fix
    Cellular Network fix
    Virtual key & porting tips
    Cam fix MT6589
    Updater-script Wi-Fi fix
    Android Kitchen to repack back boot.img
    MT6589 BT fix
    MT6577 vold.fstab swap
    Another vold.fstab fix
    bootloop fix
    Another cam fix
    Another cam fix
    Another cam fix
    LeWa lockscreen mod
    Cam Mpx fix
    Cam focus fix
    Another LeWa lockscreen mod tips
    Compass fix
    Another LeWa fix
    ROM porting for Alcatel MTK devices
    edify_def for Android Kitchen
    MIUI Roaming Fix
    MT6620 to MT6628
    MIUI porting tips
    Another cam fix
    MTK Engineering Mode
    Storage FC fix
    USB mount to PC fix
    MT6589 audio fix (2)
    MT6589 ROM Porting tips
    Another cam fix
    Unpack/ Repack boot.img & camera fix
    Another cam fix
    Another porting tips
    Haptic feedback fix
    Another porting tips
    Resize icon
    Flip screen explained
    Brightness fix
    Another porting tips
    Touch Screen problem & solution
    Another porting tips
    Another MIUI porting tips (2)
    Another porting tips
    Another Android Kitchen porting tips
    Another sdcard fix
    Another cam fix
    Another vold.fstab fix
    Another porting tips
    Another cam fix
    Another cam fix
    Another porting tips
    Button fix
    Porting 4.2.2 for MT6577
    Porting MT6589 to 77 (2) (3)
    Phone.apk FC fix
    Dialer FC fix
    Another porting tips
    Date & Time fix
    Porting from MT6589 ROM to MT6577 with AMOI 4.2.2 base Q&A
    LeWa OS5 Porting Tips
    Fix sd mount in device
    Another cam fix (2) (3)
    Another cam fix (2)
    Another cam fix tips
    ROM Index for Porting
    Another sdcard fix (2) (3) (4)
    Porting Tools Updated Version
    MT6575 audio & micro sim fix
    MT6582 media player fix
    Another SIM fix
    Another storage fix

master

hey master mind if you add these..
    and i like your idea for consolidating everything about MT65xx devices i thinks its a good idea we can create a huge community with this.
    maybe we should request for a MT6577 device to be added since many phones use this platform. and its not that hard to port roms from other MT65xx devices.

1 Device: KATA i1
    2 ROM ported: LeWa OS from Zopo ZP900
    3 Camera, FM radio, 3G Data not working

FM radio fix and Camera Fix

i did was i extracted the PORT ROM and STOCK ROM to any folder then searched for the thing that didn't work. eg. CAMERA
    then i copied all the files that has camera in it from stock and overwritten the ones in port.
    (i also deleted the extra files the STOCK didn't have, don't know what happens if you don't delete the extra ones, but since your reverting to stock just use all of the stock ones IMO)

here it goes

For CAMERA - "can't connect to Camera"
    copy these from stock ROM to port ROM

\system\lib\hw\camera.default.so --- (if you have two files like camera.goldfish.so delete this the one with the goldfish)
    \system\lib\libcamera_client.so
    \system\lib\libcameracustom.so
    \system\lib\libcameraprofile.so
    \system\lib\libcameraservice.so

you can copy the stock camera.apk if you want but not necessary

now for FM Radio

\system\lib\libaudio.a2dp.default.so
    \system\lib\libaudio.primary.default.so
    \system\lib\libaudiocompensationfilter.so
    \system\lib\libaudiocustparam.so
    \system\lib\libaudioeffect_jni.so
    \system\lib\libaudioflinger.so
    \system\lib\libaudiosetting.so
    \system\lib\libfmar1000.so
    \system\lib\libfmcust.so
    \system\lib\libfmjni.so
    \system\lib\libfmmt6616.so
    \system\lib\libfmmt6620.so
    \system\lib\libfmmt6626.so
    \system\lib\libfmmt6628.so

you can also copy the stock fmradio.apk if you want but not necessary

for the 3G data refer to master yuwengs post #1.

so based on my experience i think this is also applicable with other hardware problems. not all, maybe some hehe :D

success!! :highfive:

hope this helps!

credits to master yuweng for helping me finish my lewa rom port. dsixda for kitchen and lewa os team for their great rom.:D
    i'll share my experience with you that how to port ROM for mediatek device
    My Porting methods in any MediaTek SoC base device
    device chipset must be same i.e base is MT6577 = port is MT6577 otherwise its wont boot
    device screen resolution must be same then easy to port and boot :) sometimes 720p device boot up in my WVGA device :) so no comments js advice use same resolution device for port
    android os version must be same otherwise ROM not booted up :) i.e. 4.0.4=4.0.4 , 4.1.1=4.1.1 ,4.2=4.2
    make sure you have working stock ROM or CWM nandroid backup for your base :)
    then do this

AFAIK :p , any MediaTek any SoC ROM ( I.E. MT6575 , MT6577 , MT6589 ) will successfully ported throw Android dxida Kitchen only :)
    just need to replace bootclasspath of port boot.img>ramdisk>init.rc to base in init.rc this things u guys know better then me :)
    then make your changes u wish in ROM i.e. add support of data/apps , add init.d support etc...

then add or remove apps you want :)
    now take these stuffs from your stock ROM only not from any other working ROM in your device i suggest you only choose stock rom for some patch files

system/lib/hw
    system/lib/modules
    system/etc/firmware

now copy that whole folder to port rom and if it ask u for replace press yes and replace it :)
    now do porting throw kitchen
    and make ROM by pressing 99 button:)
    now flash zip and check :) most of all Ported ROM throw kitchen will boot up u just need to check what things is working and what not :p
    now if you find that audio is not working then do this
    first copy your device stock rom system>lib folder to somewhere else
    and delete all folder from lib folder ( mark my words delete only folders not any files in lib folder )
    now press Ctrl+F and search ( audio ) in small letters and copy all files which u found in search results and replace it in system>lib of your port rom :) audio fixed 99.99% thanks to master shifu yuweng and voetbalremco for this nice tutorials :)
    same things in camera , just use search button in system/lib and search for [ camera ] copy and replace all files which u found as result of search :)
    done reflash rom again then check , i hope it fixed your issue of camera and audio by this methods , i only use that methods to port any ROM in my old A90s and my new UMI X2 , already ported 3-4 ROM :) working fine all , only lewa give me storage mounting issue :) m working on it :)

Thanks
    Hardy
    Yeoh Bro, you make the right choice ! :eek: There has been alot of development for MMX A110... :good: So many custom ROMs so little time... :laugh:
    Ofcourse, I'll explain it more clearly. @yuweng. Please...include this in OP, ive explained too many times :p

I assume you use dsixda's kitchen.
    Set up working folder for stock rom
    Go to advanced > tools for boot.img
    > unpack boot.img

Navigate to the folder called Boot-extracted.
    > rename it to something else (for now: stock boot)

Set up working folder for port rom.
    Go to advanced > unpack boot.img

Do a google search for 'winmerge' > install program (free).

Open winmerge, for left navigate to the 'stock boot' folder, and select init.rc (about 40kb)

For right, navigate to the port 'boot-extracted', and select init.rc (about 40kb)

In winmerge find lines like this
    Chmod camera blablabla (on the left pane you will see where there are differences)
    Chown camera blablabla

If there are differences in those lines, copy the stock lines, and overwrite the port ones

Save the files (crtl+s)

Navigate to boot extracted folder, you can close winmerge. Copy stock Zimage (from 'stock boot' folder) to port, and overwrite the Zimage there with stock one.

Go back to kitchen, > advanced > tools for boot.img > build new boot image.

Profit :D