• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[TUTO] [STOCK ROM] How to unbrick HTC Desire 310 dual/uni SIM ?

Search This thread

MalekJandali

Dec 25, 2014
(I am sorry if this is not the right location to post this tutorial)

(Remember that this will remain your own risk. Neither our page and the author of this article shall not be held liable for any damage to your device)

What you need for this guide:
1. SP-FlashTool (version designed for our phone, please do not use another version!):
2. Stock ROM:
* UNI SIM
* DUAL SIM
3. Drivers

Step 1: Prepare for SP-FlashToo:

1. Create a new folder on the C: drive called SP-FlashTool. Extract the contents of the SP-FlashTool.
2. ROM folder searching in the archives of the Stock ROM -em (HTC Desire 310 blah blah blah -> UserMode -> ROM) and unpack it to the root folder of the SP-FlashTool.

2015-03-17_095651.jpg

Step 2: Install the drivers:

1. Turn off the phone. When it's off, connect the USB cable to the computer, but do not start the cell!
2. When the screen displays your battery charge level (percent) disconnect it.
3. Enter the Device Manager, select View, then Show hidden devices.
4. Other devices should appear MTK65XX Preloader, right-click on it and update the driver.

Step 3: Prepare for flashing:

1. Start flash_tool.exe with administrator rights.
2. Select Options and then Option ..., or press CTRL + O combinations.
3. Go to the Connection tab, and select the option: High Speed ​​and w / o battery.
4. Go to the tab and select the option Download DA DL All with checksum and exit from the options menu.

Step 4: Flashing:

1. Go to the Download tab.
2. Press the Download Agent and choose DA_SWSEC.bin.
3. Press the Scatter-loading and choose MT6582_scatter_1.01.862.1.txt for UNI SIM, and MT6582_scatter_1.00.1136.5.txt for DUAL SIM in the ROM folder and look forward to the appearance of the file list.
4. Under the name of the scatter-loading File drop-down menu, we have. We develop them and select Download Only.
5. Uncheck Preloader
Finally, it should look like this:
2015-03-17_100113.jpg

6. After checking that all is well done, press the button that says Download and green an arrow pointing down.
7. Turn off the phone and pull the batteries.
8. Connect the USB while holding the volume button is responsible for volume down! (VERY IMPORTANT!). When you begin to flash, you can let go of the button.

Wait patiently.
Congratulation, you have a new phone again
FAQ - OR DOES NOT WORK !! HOW TO REPAIR ?!

Q: I have a strange name for the internal memory!
A: So far I do not know what it may be due. The problem should not cause problems, it can only look bad from the point of aesthetic.
Q: It annoys me that error CID! You can delete it?
A: The Russians agreed that sometimes the only thing that can work is to enter the code # 243 # on the keypad. At the moment there is no other way.
Q: I can not install the drivers for Windows 8 / 8.1!
A: ANSWER
Q: I get an error IMEI / I can not send or receive calls / sms / I have no coverage at all!
A: All the problems come down to one reason: you have selected Preloader. There is as yet no solution.

Source

Last edited:

greenro

Apr 20, 2015
Error 2004

I am getting BROM ERROR : S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (2004). I tried different USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0 and different PCs(I also tried on Win XP with XP drivers). After I press download and connect the phone, SP-FlashTool won't "catch" the MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port. It will disconnect and connect every 2 seconds, for 9 seconds, then it will give me that error.
If anyone has an idea of what can I do to fix this, please tell me.
EDIT: Solved by renaming "checksum.ini" to "checksum.old"

Last edited:

MalekJandali

Dec 25, 2014
I am getting BROM ERROR : S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL (2004). I tried different USB ports, 2.0 and 3.0 and different PCs(I also tried on Win XP with XP drivers). After I press download and connect the phone, SP-FlashTool won't "catch" the MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM Port. It will disconnect and connect every 2 seconds, for 9 seconds, then it will give me that error.

I think it's you who contacted me in the blog, so it's work now, congrats :)

wladyapuly

May 19, 2015
I have succesfully installed the drivers on Windows 8.1 64bit (after a bit of hard work :) ), but when SPFTool starts downloading the Flash it gives out the error BROM-ERROR Download failed (4008). I have google it and it says it has something to do with the battery, but the battery is charged, the USB cable is OK, I have changed USB ports... What can I do to finish the flashing process? How can I fix this error? Thank you!

mosesdavid85

Sep 8, 2014
Need more help for htc desire 310

My htc desire 310 stuck with htc logo, and vibrate again and again.. This happened while flashing cmw ..after flashing complete its asking to reboot into recovery.. I just do that to check the cmw. But now it stuck with htc logo.. Cannot go for bootloader option or device default recovery mode.. And its rooted device.. Need help...

Anglo Baig

May 30, 2015
Help me to download one missing file which is System.

i want it for my HTC Desire 310 Dual Sim, i have downloaded the ROM and Database files individually except System.img (inside ROM folder).. am i ok without this file or i have to have this file? if this file is also required please inbox me that file

Thankx

Dreamlander

Nov 25, 2006
Hi guys, its being ages for me to write a comment in the forum but this time was a must in order to thank MalekJandali for this "life saving" thread.
I ended up after following some instructions on how to make CWM recovery and bricked the phone!
After it successfully created the CWM it asked if i wanted to reboot in recovery mode so i pressed yes. After that the nightmare began , constant reboot every 2 seconds.
Following this thread brought the phone back to life but i would like to let you know that on the step where it says "Turn the phone off , pull out the battery and connect having the volume down pressed", the flash would not start and in device manager the MT65xx driver was going on and off every second. Tried the procedure from the beginning in order to reload drivers as said but to tell you the truth when the battery indicator was coming up and i disconnected the cable then in other devices there was no MT65xx preloader (nor at my very first try.).

So what i did was to pull out the battery and do the step of the flashing, as soon as the device manager showed the MT65xx i right clicked on it and followed the driver update procedure (manually! as the Win7 could not find any drivers).
Then on to the flashing step again just to find out that nothing was happening.... So i put the battery in the phone and tried once again and that did the trick!!!

Don't really no guys what went wrong really, was it my drivers? was it the phone? Anyway at the end i saved it with this wonderful thread!!

Thank you so much.

Vijay_35

Jul 20, 2015
Need help

Hi guys, its being ages for me to write a comment in the forum but this time was a must in order to thank MalekJandali for this "life saving" thread.
I ended up after following some instructions on how to make CWM recovery and bricked the phone!
After it successfully created the CWM it asked if i wanted to reboot in recovery mode so i pressed yes. After that the nightmare began , constant reboot every 2 seconds.
Following this thread brought the phone back to life but i would like to let you know that on the step where it says "Turn the phone off , pull out the battery and connect having the volume down pressed", the flash would not start and in device manager the MT65xx driver was going on and off every second. Tried the procedure from the beginning in order to reload drivers as said but to tell you the truth when the battery indicator was coming up and i disconnected the cable then in other devices there was no MT65xx preloader (nor at my very first try.).

So what i did was to pull out the battery and do the step of the flashing, as soon as the device manager showed the MT65xx i right clicked on it and followed the driver update procedure (manually! as the Win7 could not find any drivers).
Then on to the flashing step again just to find out that nothing was happening.... So i put the battery in the phone and tried once again and that did the trick!!!

Don't really no guys what went wrong really, was it my drivers? was it the phone? Anyway at the end i saved it with this wonderful thread!!

Thank you so much.

Hey man, Can you briefly explain the procedure? I have the same issue. Phone connects and reconnects every 2 seconds. I did CWM recovery and my phone into boot loop and after that i did something using sp flash tool and now it wont turn on. I have updated the drivers manually. How can I get out of this hole? Its my first experiment gone havoc. Any help would be appreciated? thanks in advance

paryshaan

Aug 8, 2015
after 2 weeks of doing this instruction with various results(e.g a bad headache :crying:) except any success :silly:, i achieved a great experience:
my computer's OS is win 8.1.
Run SP FlashTool in compatibility mode for windows 7!:cyclops:
Right click on .exe file and click on properties. then check the "run this program in compatibility mode for" and then select the windows 7.
Try it and save your phone and comback and knock the thanks maybe it heal my head!:cowboy:

medinstpro

Jul 23, 2010
worked fine...but not until I installed driver and spflashtool on Win 7 machine

tried to revive bricked phone with the "help" of mofo Windows 10.
Nothing worked. Installed the driver without signed certificate...everything! All ok...but no connection and BROM error.
windows detects phone for 10 miliseconds and after that driver crashes (no connection). And restarts the driver again. It's like bootloop for the driver too :))

Switched to wife's Win 7 machine...
& everything went smooth like a little baby's bottom.

Good to know:
I had this ver. before Brick & found it on the web: 0PA2IMG_V1_DUG_JB422_SENSE51_htc_asia_sea_wwe_1.03.708.1_Radio_MOLY.WR8.W1315.MD.WG.MP.V19_release

*later edit: actually my version before brick was 1.03.708.10. there was a ~14mb update from 1.03.708.1
It is the version sold in Romania - HTC 310 dual sim BLUE (512mb ram) After install: everything works. NO imei error, NO gsm signal problems, NOT ONE PROBLEM
also, I actualy left the phone without battery when instaling driver and when flashing firmware (ticked "w/o battery").
you can dl the win 7 drivers bellow my post

Thanks for the good Tut.
PS: I bricked the phone as everyone else....Trying to install CWM with RASHR.apk as seen in that friggin youtube clip (because it stated: tutorial for 1.03.708.12 phones or SIMILAR <<bad idea!)

Attachments

• Win7.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,426
Last edited:

keydr

Jul 22, 2015
request firmware

where to download the firmware for uni sim htc desire 310?
I'm suffering a boot loop which only shuts down and restarts my htc :(

keydr

Jul 22, 2015
anormal bootloop on htc desire d310 uni sim

hi there...i'm suffering a non normal bootloop which shuts down and restarts my desire d310 uni sim and can't do nothing with sp flash tool because it keeps restarting and reconecting to my pc :'( :'( :'( :'(

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I think it's you who contacted me in the blog, so it's work now, congrats :)
help me pleaseeeeeee...same problem happening to me,what can I do? plzzzzzzzz help..

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

Hey man, Can you briefly explain the procedure? I have the same issue. Phone connects and reconnects every 2 seconds. I did CWM recovery and my phone into boot loop and after that i did something using sp flash tool and now it wont turn on. I have updated the drivers manually. How can I get out of this hole? Its my first experiment gone havoc. Any help would be appreciated? thanks in advance

hi there...same problem for me too,so if u know what to do plz tell me.

medinstpro

Jul 23, 2010
hi there...i'm suffering a non normal bootloop which shuts down and restarts my desire d310 uni sim and can't do nothing with sp flash tool because it keeps restarting and reconecting to my pc :'( :'( :'( :'(

---------- Post added at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

help me pleaseeeeeee...same problem happening to me,what can I do? plzzzzzzzz help..

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------

trial and error...
remove battery, connect to pc holding volume down(-) button. OR try with battery atached and holding volume down. Sometimes works even without pressing volume down. Whatever suits.

in Windows Device Manager: Right when device is detected proceed to manualy install drivers.
Sometimes crappy Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 have trouble installing and starting the driver. In win10 you get error: "driver not migrated. device cannot start " or something like that (Device manager/Driver properties)
You should try in windows 7.

Disconnect phone

Open SP Flash with "Run as administrator" and set it up corespondingly(see first post), without the phone!

press "download" ->Sp Flash will wait for you to reconnect phone to pc...

try connection with battery atached... try connection without battery atached and atach it when usb cable connected...

Sp Flash tool as soon as it detects phone, it starts to flash firmware.

MOST IMPORTANT: write down which SP Tool errors you get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and POST BACK

Last edited:
Reactions: keydr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (I am sorry if this is not the right location to post this tutorial)

(Remember that this will remain your own risk. Neither our page and the author of this article shall not be held liable for any damage to your device)

What you need for this guide:
    1. SP-FlashTool (version designed for our phone, please do not use another version!):
    2. Stock ROM:
    * UNI SIM
    * DUAL SIM
    3. Drivers

Step 1: Prepare for SP-FlashToo:

1. Create a new folder on the C: drive called SP-FlashTool. Extract the contents of the SP-FlashTool.
    2. ROM folder searching in the archives of the Stock ROM -em (HTC Desire 310 blah blah blah -> UserMode -> ROM) and unpack it to the root folder of the SP-FlashTool.

2015-03-17_095651.jpg

Step 2: Install the drivers:

1. Turn off the phone. When it's off, connect the USB cable to the computer, but do not start the cell!
    2. When the screen displays your battery charge level (percent) disconnect it.
    3. Enter the Device Manager, select View, then Show hidden devices.
    4. Other devices should appear MTK65XX Preloader, right-click on it and update the driver.

Step 3: Prepare for flashing:

1. Start flash_tool.exe with administrator rights.
    2. Select Options and then Option ..., or press CTRL + O combinations.
    3. Go to the Connection tab, and select the option: High Speed ​​and w / o battery.
    4. Go to the tab and select the option Download DA DL All with checksum and exit from the options menu.

Step 4: Flashing:

1. Go to the Download tab.
    2. Press the Download Agent and choose DA_SWSEC.bin.
    3. Press the Scatter-loading and choose MT6582_scatter_1.01.862.1.txt for UNI SIM, and MT6582_scatter_1.00.1136.5.txt for DUAL SIM in the ROM folder and look forward to the appearance of the file list.
    4. Under the name of the scatter-loading File drop-down menu, we have. We develop them and select Download Only.
    5. Uncheck Preloader
    Finally, it should look like this:
    2015-03-17_100113.jpg

6. After checking that all is well done, press the button that says Download and green an arrow pointing down.
    7. Turn off the phone and pull the batteries.
    8. Connect the USB while holding the volume button is responsible for volume down! (VERY IMPORTANT!). When you begin to flash, you can let go of the button.

Wait patiently.
    Congratulation, you have a new phone again
    FAQ - OR DOES NOT WORK !! HOW TO REPAIR ?!

Q: I have a strange name for the internal memory!
    A: So far I do not know what it may be due. The problem should not cause problems, it can only look bad from the point of aesthetic.
    Q: It annoys me that error CID! You can delete it?
    A: The Russians agreed that sometimes the only thing that can work is to enter the code # 243 # on the keypad. At the moment there is no other way.
    Q: I can not install the drivers for Windows 8 / 8.1!
    A: ANSWER
    Q: I get an error IMEI / I can not send or receive calls / sms / I have no coverage at all!
    A: All the problems come down to one reason: you have selected Preloader. There is as yet no solution.

Source
    Error 2004

EDIT: Solved by renaming "checksum.ini" to "checksum.old"
    after 2 weeks of doing this instruction with various results(e.g a bad headache :crying:) except any success :silly:, i achieved a great experience:
    my computer's OS is win 8.1.
    Run SP FlashTool in compatibility mode for windows 7!:cyclops:
    Right click on .exe file and click on properties. then check the "run this program in compatibility mode for" and then select the windows 7.
    Try it and save your phone and comback and knock the thanks maybe it heal my head!:cowboy:

trial and error...
    remove battery, connect to pc holding volume down(-) button. OR try with battery atached and holding volume down. Sometimes works even without pressing volume down. Whatever suits.

in Windows Device Manager: Right when device is detected proceed to manualy install drivers.
    Sometimes crappy Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 have trouble installing and starting the driver. In win10 you get error: "driver not migrated. device cannot start " or something like that (Device manager/Driver properties)
    You should try in windows 7.

Disconnect phone

Open SP Flash with "Run as administrator" and set it up corespondingly(see first post), without the phone!

press "download" ->Sp Flash will wait for you to reconnect phone to pc...

try connection with battery atached... try connection without battery atached and atach it when usb cable connected...

Sp Flash tool as soon as it detects phone, it starts to flash firmware.

MOST IMPORTANT: write down which SP Tool errors you get!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and POST BACK
    thank you very much for the reply.First of all I get error 2004(S_BROM_DOWNLOAD_DA_FAIL)...I think that it's my phone's fault because it keeps reconecting and disconecting to my pc and yes I'm using 64bit windows 7 ultimate,you say to install the drivers manually,you mean the mt65xx preloader driver? bcz if that's the driver I have already installed it :(
    But I got an idea,what if I flash my phone like a dead phone with mtk droid? the problem is that I don't have a backup and no friends with this kind of htc :/

I wouldn't try with mtk droid just yet...
    repeat procedure with SP flash tool

Error 2004 Message: BROM ERROR : S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (2004)
    Meaning: There was an interruption in the communication between SP flash tool and the device
    Solution:
    * Ensure the phone's Bootloader is unlocked
    * Try a different USB cord
    * Try a different port on the PC or another PC
    * Ensure the battery is well changed and inside the switched off phone before connecting to PC for flashing USB device not recognized

Message: USB device not recognized prompt at system tray after connecting the phone to PC Meaning: The PC is having problems communicating with the phone (often due to interruption, hardware or driver problems)
    Solution: * Follow the guide @ https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-808.html

* Try a different USB cord, PC port or PC -

See more at: https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-439.html#sthash.cj5v0qqh.dpuf