• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Tutorial] [10.0] Step-by-step guide to flash Aosp base Rom

Search This thread

sam595

Mar 20, 2020

Recently my G8232 brick , so i decide make a "CLEAN" fresh to my phone ,
After i flash Android 10 by Sjll , cause it needs Android 10 GSI,
i wonder, can i flash other team's GSI instead official? So, i started try many kind of GSI , this is result , a good news!

HavocOS/LineageOS/PixelExperience all can be daily use!!

Screenshots
Havoc-OS
lineage
PixelExperience

---------------------------------------------------------------------

How to flash:

Download file form [10.0] Project Treble for Xperia XZs By Sjll,
Donload Adb toolbox

hold [power] + [vol+] to get hard power down > hold [vol+] and plug to pc get into fastbootmode
fastboot format cache
fastboot format userdata
fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-kagura.img
hold [power] + [vol-] to get to TWRP and do full wipe
turn off device and hold [vol+] and plug to pc to get into fastbootmode
fastboot flash boot boot.img form Android 10 by Sjll
fastboot flash oem vendor.img form Android 10 by Sjll
fastboot format cache
fastboot format userdata
fastboot flash system [GSI.img] you want

*GSI should be A/B type, Never use A-Only!
LineageOS by AndyYan
Pixel Experience 10 & Havoc-OS by turbolukex5

------------------------------------------------
**** if you want gapps, after flashed system , you need immediately do the step ****

Download gapps pack form The Open GApps Project webiste

hold [power] + [vol+] to get hard power down > hold [power] + [vol-] to twrp > wipe > advance > system > resize system > repair system > resize system

after resize system , check free space of system AGAIN!
When you check down you are good to go!You can flash gapps now!

-----------------------------------------------

**** Magisk ****

Download modify boot.ing from here
hold [power] + [vol+] to get hard power down > hold [vol+] and plug to pc get into fastbootmode
> fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img > unplug & reboot > install magisk manager like a normal app > Done!

**** Bug ****
For Havoc-OS , everything work fine,
but can't power off device normaly , need hold [power] + [vol+] to get hard power down

For LineageOS everything work fine , haven't see a bug yet

For PixelExperience everything work fine , but have some issue,
when you get a call first time, the voice seem muted, but actually its not , you need turn speaker output first , then turn it off ,
after that it works normally

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks the Community make this HAPPEN
Also sorry for my poor English

Last edited:

Shan ?

Oct 9, 2017
SOV35

Is it possible to use this tutorial on a SOV35 (XZs- au)?
I'm currently using with the global firmware ( G8231 )
Please help! :fingers-crossed:

Anish Z1

Feb 9, 2017
I followed all the steps as you mentioned but. I can't get the second sim working and the phone restarts randomly. But when the phone runs without the SIM it works smoothly. Is there any fix for that?

I installed PixelExperience GSI

&(*)

May 8, 2020
I followed all the steps as you mentioned but. I can't get the second sim working and the phone restarts randomly. But when the phone runs without the SIM it works smoothly. Is there any fix for that?

I installed PixelExperience GSI

Reference my post to fix the crashing and freezing: https://forum.xda-developers.com/xzs/development/treble-android-10-0-xperia-xzs-t3976367/page4

Install this to fix dual sim: https://sx.ix5.org/files/builds/sony/ ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/crossdevice-dev/sony/universal-sony-dualsim-patcher-t3930983 )

pandjie24

Mar 7, 2016
help

what should i do when it says "target reported max download size of 268435456 byte incvalid sparse file format at header magi . . . ..

&(*)

May 8, 2020
what should i do when it says "target reported max download size of 268435456 byte incvalid sparse file format at header magi . . . ..
Are you trying to root your GSI? If so, you need this version of TWRP : https://sx.ix5.org/files/builds/kagura/misc/twrp-kagura-oem-to-vendor.img

Try to be a bit more descriptive next time when asking a question as other's might not understand what you are asking or in which context the error was being encountered.

Last edited:

boomerfishpigeon

Oct 21, 2020
Kaunas
boot

Everything seamed to be working fine with Lineage OS, aside from random reboots. However I changed the setting "use alternative camera profile" and now I just get a loading screen.

Last edited:

DAANDAV

Feb 15, 2012
Crash with fingerprint

With all 10 ROMS I have the problem that it crashes when it tries to read fingerprint when screen is off. It used to only scan for fingerprint when screen was on, but somehow (with android 10) if I touch the power button now, the fingerprint scanner is already reading and the phone crashes.

Anyone can help?

&(*)

May 8, 2020
With all 10 ROMS I have the problem that it crashes when it tries to read fingerprint when screen is off. It used to only scan for fingerprint when screen was on, but somehow (with android 10) if I touch the power button now, the fingerprint scanner is already reading and the phone crashes.

Anyone can help?

Encryption on your data partition is still being enforced and/or it has something to do with dm-verity. First, make sure you install this optimized recovery for XZ & XZs ( https://sx.ix5.org/files/builds/kagura/twrp-kagura-oem-to-vendor.img ), then boot into it and wipe everything (dalvik, cache, data, internal storage, system); second, follow the steps to treble ready the device (boot, oem) through either fastboot or recovery; third, install this ( https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3817389 ) after you have flashed your system of choice and before first boot. Now you can enjoy a mostly crash free ROM when using the fingerprint unlocking; keep in mind, there are still other bugs that can be logically removed depending on the ROM you chose. Experiment and figure out what works best.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Recently my G8232 brick , so i decide make a "CLEAN" fresh to my phone ,
    After i flash Android 10 by Sjll , cause it needs Android 10 GSI,
    i wonder, can i flash other team's GSI instead official? So, i started try many kind of GSI , this is result , a good news!

HavocOS/LineageOS/PixelExperience all can be daily use!!

Screenshots
    Havoc-OS
    lineage
    PixelExperience

---------------------------------------------------------------------

How to flash:

Download file form [10.0] Project Treble for Xperia XZs By Sjll,
    Donload Adb toolbox

fastboot format cache
    fastboot format userdata
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.3.1-0-kagura.img
    hold [power] + [vol-] to get to TWRP and do full wipe
    turn off device and hold [vol+] and plug to pc to get into fastbootmode
    fastboot flash boot boot.img form Android 10 by Sjll
    fastboot flash oem vendor.img form Android 10 by Sjll
    fastboot format cache
    fastboot format userdata
    fastboot flash system [GSI.img] you want

*GSI should be A/B type, Never use A-Only!
    LineageOS by AndyYan
    Pixel Experience 10 & Havoc-OS by turbolukex5

------------------------------------------------
    **** if you want gapps, after flashed system , you need immediately do the step ****

Download gapps pack form The Open GApps Project webiste

hold [power] + [vol+] to get hard power down > hold [power] + [vol-] to twrp > wipe > advance > system > resize system > repair system > resize system

after resize system , check free space of system AGAIN!
    When you check down you are good to go!You can flash gapps now!

**** Magisk ****

Download modify boot.ing from here
    > fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img > unplug & reboot > install magisk manager like a normal app > Done!

**** Bug ****
    For Havoc-OS , everything work fine,
    but can't power off device normaly , need hold [power] + [vol+] to get hard power down

For LineageOS everything work fine , haven't see a bug yet

For PixelExperience everything work fine , but have some issue,
    when you get a call first time, the voice seem muted, but actually its not , you need turn speaker output first , then turn it off ,
    after that it works normally

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks the Community make this HAPPEN
    Also sorry for my poor English
    Nice review bro, thank you, I will try as soon as possible
    Need more GSIs