[Tutorial][8.0+] How to Install Good Lock 2018

Search This thread

Ijaz Farooq

Apr 28, 2013
Bhakkar
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
Hi
If you're a XDA's regular visitor, you have already known that Samsung released GOOD LOCK app again and this time for OREO only. If not, head over to the XDA feature portal here:
https://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-bringing-back-good-lock/As it is stated in post this release is region specific only. Luckily I've figured out a way by which every Oreo Samsung user can install and use this to modify some system UI tweaks. So let's start.
  1. Download the .zip file from here, extract it and install all apps one by one. Some apps(edge lightning etc) show icons on launcher. Open them and go through them you'll learn how to use them to tweaks SystemUI.
  2. For apps that don't show icons, Download and install Activity Manager app from Play Store.
  3. Now Launch it and search for the apps you installed along with good lock like quickstar, lockstar task changer etc
  4. Upon finding app, just lauch 1st activity and you'll be brought right to that app's setting page.
  5. Modify it as you like and you're done.

Last edited:

Ijaz Farooq

Apr 28, 2013
Bhakkar
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8
Screen Shots

View attachment 4527776

View attachment 4527777

Screenshot_20180616-050318_Routines.jpg

Screenshot_20180616-050339_QuickStar.jpg

Screenshot_20180616-050354_QuickStar.jpg

Screenshot_20180616-050407_QuickStar.jpg

Screenshot_20180616-050412_QuickStar.jpg

Screenshot_20180616-050427_LockStar.jpg

Screenshot_20180616-050454_LockStar.jpg

View attachment 4527789

View attachment 4527790

Last edited:

Nezzox

Mar 5, 2013
Oh wow! This was worth it for the task changer and quick star alone! Makes the phone feel like a new phone. I wish they had added options to change the navbar as well.

Thanks for a great contribution.

Reactions: kiddothek1d

renardiidx

Jun 1, 2014
Hey guys, does somebody know why my clock disappears on lockscreen whenever I use Lockstar? I'm on RenovateICE and every apk is working fine except Lockstar that for some reasons doesn't want to make the clock appear. I tried to check on the RICE settings if there was anything to hide etc but everything is disabled/stock. Any advice?

Reactions: wer wo was

wer wo was

Feb 21, 2010
Hey guys, does somebody know why my clock disappears on lockscreen whenever I use Lockstar? I'm on RenovateICE and every apk is working fine except Lockstar that for some reasons doesn't want to make the clock appear. I tried to check on the RICE settings if there was anything to hide etc but everything is disabled/stock. Any advice?

Same problem here

Clock won't show up
And I can't select any apps

renardiidx

Jun 1, 2014
I tried every single possible thing so far that I could come up with, but I got no results. It's a bit sad though, the apk is so great that it would be a shame to lose it!

wEaKlY27

Oct 2, 2013
Caloocan City
As I said I can't select any apps
Because there is no plus symbol
And also no clock is shown on the Lockscreen
In the settings you can see the clock

Im also having the same issue. Whats weird is I also tried the same app I installed to my colleague's S8 and it works fine. Only thing I can think of is the dpi since thats the only thing I changed

Last edited:

renardiidx

Jun 1, 2014
Im also having the same issue. Whats weird is I also tried the same apps I instead to my colleague's S8 and it works fine. Only thing i can think of is the dpi since thats the only thing I changed

I can confirm it's the dpi. Reverting it back to 360 makes Lockstar work again.

Sad, won't keep my phone at a crap dpi just for a lockscreen!

Reactions: wer wo was

Top Liked Posts