• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Tutorial] Acer Liquid Jade Primo - upgrade to AU/CU

Search This thread

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Here instructions how to upgrade Acer Liquid Jade Primo to new software.

this steps is only if your phone have build 10586.xxx

1. enable developers and device portal in phone settings (needed to install dependencies an Interop tools)

2. download and install Interop Tools (if interop tools not working, check notice at end of the post)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4juayHJ-ERxOEh2NmR2dTlQZlU

Snap274.jpg

3. download and install iutool http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3860782&d=1472659473

4. download NDTK files http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3860780&d=1472659433 and extract to empty folder (for example C:\NDTK\)

5. start Interop Tools, select This Device - Interop Unlock

wp_ss_20170928_0001.png
szjuip.jpg

6. enable "Enable installing NDTK on any device"

7. on PC windows start Command prompt as administrator

8. depend to your Windows version enter
32-bit:
CD C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\10\Tools\Bin\i386
64-bit:
CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\Bin\i386

9. enter
iutool -v -p C:\NDTK
or path to folder where you extract files

10. after phone restart, start Interop Tools - This Device - Interop Unlock

11. select "Restore original manufacturer"

12. now you can enable Interop unlock

13. restart phone and start Interop Tools.

14. select Registry Editor (or Registry browser)

15. change identification data in HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo

2hgwr5d.jpg

- use "Read Data" to see current Registry Value Data
- use "Write Data" to save new Value entry

use info for Lumia 950 XL DS

PhoneHardwareVariant : RM-1116
PhoneManufacturer : MicrosoftMDG
PhoneManufacturerModelName : RM-1116_15169
PhoneModelName : Lumia 950 XL DUAL SIM

16. when you done, turn off phone, after start check for updates....

17. dont be worried if screen rotated upside-down during spinning gears. is fine, some bug in bootloader...

18. when upgrade done i suggest to make hard reset.

in case if Interop Tools not working, try use this old version
install dependencies and Interop Tools this version (this version worked fine and not crash on Jade Primo) https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68982441&postcount=284

Last edited:

ngame

Mar 13, 2012
Mashad
Dear OP . after Hard reset there's no need to Re-Deploy the NDTKSvc . Updates won't revert by hard reset . only if you flash your phone you need to do it again . So you have to keep going from step 14, I mean even no interop unlock needed

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Dear OP . after Hard reset there's no need to Re-Deploy the NDTKSvc . Updates won't revert by hard reset . only if you flash your phone you need to do it again . So you have to keep going from step 14, I mean even no interop unlock needed

i tried many things and worked only with this steps (build 10586, before update).... thx for notice for after upgrade... forgot to change

Last edited:
Reactions: ngame

mikevespa

May 13, 2017
Is Creators Update fully compatible with Acer Liquid Jade Primo? Are there known issues? On Anniversary Update build 14393.1066 it works very well

Last edited:

mikevespa

May 13, 2017
In another forum (drwindows.de) an user has reported a problem with the display that remains always on:
"creators update läuft ansich top,ohne probleme, das problem ist der bildschirm geht nicht aus.das display ist immer an und zieht den akku leer.Deswegen musste ich es leider deinstalieren.
falls jemand ne lösung für das problem hat,immer her damit soft und hard reset bringt schonmal nichts
."
Google translate: " Creators update runs ansich top, without problems, the problem is the screen is not from the display is always on and pulls the battery empty. Therefore, I had to deinstalieren it unfortunately. If someone has ne solution for the problem, always here so soft and hard reset brings schonmal nothing."

Is it true?

Last edited:
Reactions: hooddy

mikevespa

May 13, 2017
I'm already on AU but I've the old 14393.1066 build installed months ago via Windows Insider. Now I've just re-entered again as insider, checked for updates, but nothing comes down... Should I wait 1 day before to get the new cumulative update (14393.1158)?
Is the 14393.1358 build available in Release Preview Channel without using Interop Unlock?

Last edited:

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Nokia Lumia 920
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
I'm already on AU but I've the old 14393.1066 build installed months ago via Windows Insider. Now I've just re-entered again as insider, checked for updates, but nothing comes down... Should I wait 1 day before to get the new cumulative update (14393.1158)?
Is the 14393.1358 build available in Release Preview Channel without using Interop Unlock?

dont use Insider because CU...

try change
PhoneMobileOperatorName to:
000-33

mikevespa

May 13, 2017
On the slow ring my Acer Liquid Jade Primo sees Creators Update (build 15063.2) without using any hacks. Is it safe to install it?
I tried CU (the same build 15063.2) months ago but the phone didn't restart anymore :(

Last edited:

kosath

Sep 27, 2007
I did all the operations correctly as proposed at the first message of this topic. The phone downloaded the 15063.297 version but now it does not boot. It's the same as updating via slow ring. Any help here?
Thanks!

mikevespa

May 13, 2017
I noticed that after the update to AU, the phone boots with the screen completely black, you don't see the boot sequence, but it's working, so you have to wait a bit and then press the power button 2 times in order to turn the screen on. This happens only once, after the OS update.
Does CU do the same strange thing or doesn't boot at all? When I tried CU months ago, and verified that it didn't boot, I didn't try to press the power button 2 times :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here instructions how to upgrade Acer Liquid Jade Primo to new software.

this steps is only if your phone have build 10586.xxx

1. enable developers and device portal in phone settings (needed to install dependencies an Interop tools)

2. download and install Interop Tools (if interop tools not working, check notice at end of the post)
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4juayHJ-ERxOEh2NmR2dTlQZlU

Snap274.jpg

3. download and install iutool http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3860782&d=1472659473

4. download NDTK files http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3860780&d=1472659433 and extract to empty folder (for example C:\NDTK\)

5. start Interop Tools, select This Device - Interop Unlock

wp_ss_20170928_0001.png
    szjuip.jpg

6. enable "Enable installing NDTK on any device"

7. on PC windows start Command prompt as administrator

8. depend to your Windows version enter
    32-bit:
    CD C:\Program Files\Windows Kits\10\Tools\Bin\i386
    64-bit:
    CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Tools\Bin\i386

9. enter
    iutool -v -p C:\NDTK
    or path to folder where you extract files

10. after phone restart, start Interop Tools - This Device - Interop Unlock

11. select "Restore original manufacturer"

12. now you can enable Interop unlock

13. restart phone and start Interop Tools.

14. select Registry Editor (or Registry browser)

15. change identification data in HKLM\System\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo

2hgwr5d.jpg

- use "Read Data" to see current Registry Value Data
    - use "Write Data" to save new Value entry

use info for Lumia 950 XL DS

PhoneHardwareVariant : RM-1116
    PhoneManufacturerModelName : RM-1116_15169
    PhoneModelName : Lumia 950 XL DUAL SIM

16. when you done, turn off phone, after start check for updates....

17. dont be worried if screen rotated upside-down during spinning gears. is fine, some bug in bootloader...

18. when upgrade done i suggest to make hard reset.

in case if Interop Tools not working, try use this old version
    install dependencies and Interop Tools this version (this version worked fine and not crash on Jade Primo) https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68982441&postcount=284
    Well ashly i dunno. Just attach it for has to be. Try it by yourself. Right now im try to install correctly CU for 3rd day and it angry me. I cant get through black screen in any way.

Ok.
    The main point for me was, PATIENCE. Try several times to start from black screens.

What I did was:

After restore factory, update all possible with OTC and default acer settings. No sim installed.
    No microsoft user account. Skip that step.
    When no more updates, install interop as tutorial, sets strings as 950 DS (not XL)
    wifi disable (to avoid OTA)
    Start OTC.

The main problem after install CU, when reboots, black screen.
    I've keep cable connected.
    Had to force soft reboot, or press power for several seconds, or put modes for "!" screen or to flash mode screen before reboot again, and even do a hard reset one time. (power and on acer press vol down, or on acer press vol up).
    On screen with ! (didnt know the name, sorry), sequence vol up, down, power, down to do a hard reset
    Keep trying to power

BUT I've start OTC and respond. So, i presume that the problem is that no screen only, but phone is responsive.
    Then, OTC updates to last version of CU.
    Wait at least 30 minutes and the phone restarts.

The power affair stills, then on Acer press power twice, or press power (keep pressing or press several times) till see the battery charging icon, and then, with one power press some time starts windows logo.
    After that, on first boot, screen is unresponsive, wait, lock and unlock a couple of times (with flip cover is better than with power button)
    wait a little more (a minute), then can open interop, restore settings, reboot, wait, at least a couple of minutes (is still unresponsive), then reboot again (no need soft reset, just power down and power on).

Is slow to start again, but does.

Then, it works flawless (or at least it does for this 3 days that I'm using it as main phone, waiting and hoping for andromeda)

That is what I did. On 2 phones. (after several tries to find how, but this last one works)

Hope that you can use it.

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

Can ya descrie step by step guide from scratch (WDRT) please. I ve try 3 times to install CU and always get black screen as OTA as OTC.
    BTW double tap isnt supported. Ya can try double tap from HP its different and use acelometer sensors.

Hi again.

I've installed this. The hadrware diagnostics cand run because is for HP, and where I enable double tap?
    Hi everybody.

I've follow this tutorial on 2 jade primo, and using the strings on 950 XL DS ends in a bricked phone with CU.
    Using Lumia 730 works with AU, but can't install voices in mexican spanish.

Then, I've installed with
    Lumia 950 DS
    PhoneHardwareVariant : RM-1118
    PhoneManufacturerModelName : RM-1118_15207
    PhoneModelName : Lumia 950 DUAL SIM
    and works like a charm, with CU 10.0.15254.490

Using OTCUPDATER.

Had problems with: lock screen always on, 10 seconds delay on detect empty second sim, and car bluetooth did not connects as phone, only as music device.
    That was corrected by itself after 2 reboots.
    Now works perfect. 3 days in production as main phone. No hangs, no reboots.

The main problem that I have is that can't set double tap to wake.
    Wake works perfect with flip cover anyway, but will be great if someone could give me a clue about what to do to enable it.

Thanks in advance.
    Can ya descrie step by step guide from scratch (WDRT) please. I ve try 3 times to install CU and always get black screen as OTA as OTC.
    BTW double tap isnt supported. Ya can try double tap from HP its different and use acelometer sensors.
    After the upgrade from AU to CU, connect your phone to a PC via USB and launch OTC Updater, so you'll get the latest build of CU:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56726
    With this newer build of CU, it should boot with success. :good: