Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

SteveO_148

Aug 10, 2010
I am new to flashing and I just flash the D3rp milestone 6.2 ROM. I like it and all the tweaks, but is there anyway to flash a theme that would add color back in, for settings, and other menu driven items?

hockeyfamily737

Apr 3, 2011
Connecticut
I am new to flashing and I just flash the D3rp milestone 6.2 ROM. I like it and all the tweaks, but is there anyway to flash a theme that would add color back in, for settings, and other menu driven items?

No, the theming in this rom runs very deep. However, you could flash d3rp LightsOut rom, which is based on the most recent "major" OTA which will allow you to choose a "mostly" stock appearance or a red or monochrome theme from within the installer.

Reactions: il Duce

DizzyNT

Apr 2, 2010
whats the easiest way for me to unroot / get back to s-off. my touchscreen has gone bonkers and need to take it to sprint store for replacement. i have [OTA] Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_2.95.651.5-2.89.651.2 from this thread installed : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192511

is there a RUU or something I can just install from sprint to get me back to square one (aka s-off, stock rom etc)??

theres some older methods posted on forums i found from searching but they are noted to be for specific firmware versions only

thanks a bunch

kodi.roberts

Feb 16, 2013
wifi no longer working after flashing new rom

i just flashed *inbREDed*||5.5*SVN*(inverted)|Virgin Mobille Compatible|* ICS* rom to my evo 3d and when ever i go to turn on the wifi it says error. no specific type of error. just error. ive did a recovery to my stock rom and wifi works perfect. only on the inbREDed rom its not working. any ideas on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
i just flashed *inbREDed*||5.5*SVN*(inverted)|Virgin Mobille Compatible|* ICS* rom to my evo 3d and when ever i go to turn on the wifi it says error. no specific type of error. just error. ive did a recovery to my stock rom and wifi works perfect. only on the inbREDed rom its not working. any ideas on how to fix it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Probably the kernel, try 4ext smart flash

adamdabadboy

Jun 23, 2012
Stuck at mwakious boot screen

My phone gets past the HTC boot screen but after that it just loops the mwakious loading animation over and over endlessly until the battery runs out. I am on mwakious3drom 12.1 I think, S-ON, hboot 1.53. I've tried fixing permissions with 4ext recovery but it made no difference. Also, I clicked "check partition alignment" and it said " Your fat32 partition isn't perfectly aligned! You may want to repartition the whole sdcard"

Thanks in advance

Xerc

Apr 18, 2013
hboot 1.53.0007 s-on to hboot 1.49.0007 s-off

Hi, whats the best way to get s-off or hboot 1.49.0007? Currently have 1.53.0007 s-on. Phone is already rooted and unlocked. tried flashing LeeDrOiD_3D_V5.4-Final-GB,yoda ics v8,KingCobra3D-ICS-1.6,cm-10-DisarmedToaster-0.1.6-shooteru and Shooter Beats NG v3.0 but all of them goes into boot loop. :crying:

Xerc

Apr 18, 2013
Hi, whats the best way to get s-off or hboot 1.49.0007? Currently have 1.53.0007 s-on. Phone is already rooted and unlocked. tried flashing LeeDrOiD_3D_V5.4-Final-GB,yoda ics v8,KingCobra3D-ICS-1.6,cm-10-DisarmedToaster-0.1.6-shooteru and Shooter Beats NG v3.0 but all of them goes into boot loop. :crying:

Nevermind. Got it to work now. Done with hboot downgrade and s-off.:)

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda app-developers app

peteypub

Mar 24, 2010
Dizzy, if you want to get back to stock you need s-on locked status. S-off means you've unlocked it already...

Not sure if you can get s-on back...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Xerc

Apr 18, 2013
whats the easiest way for me to unroot / get back to s-off. my touchscreen has gone bonkers and need to take it to sprint store for replacement. i have [OTA] Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_2.95.651.5-2.89.651.2 from this thread installed : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192511

is there a RUU or something I can just install from sprint to get me back to square one (aka s-off, stock rom etc)??

theres some older methods posted on forums i found from searching but they are noted to be for specific firmware versions only

thanks a bunch

get your RUU exe file here http://shipped-roms.com/index.php?category=android&model=Shooter then get into fastboot usb and run the exe file. :good:

russel619

Feb 12, 2011
London
Stock ROM GB Version Download link needed

I want to revert back to original stock rom, but I couldn't find any download link for GB version stock rom. All the links I did find are invalid now.
My phone keeps getting boot loop every time it's out of charge. I can't be bothered anymore to flash it again & again. Also I'm selling this phone soon to get the new HTC One
Please help me to find the correct download link!!! My phone is S-off & Hboot 1.53.0007, radio ver 11.25.3504.06_M
Thanks in advance.

Shariq Ahmed

Sep 17, 2012
Well today i flashed buttered toast's kernel today, i got a bootloop so to fix that i went on command and did fastboot to flash the stock kernel to fix the boot loop (i've done this before and worked) now what i did was mistakenly i don't even know what was going through my head, i flashed the stock kernel as my recovery. So i wrote "fastboot flash recovery boot.img" instead of "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and so i quickly realized that and did it again except the correct way this time. Realizing that my 4EXT recovery was erased so after successfully booting up my cell i noticed i had wifi error, so i figured ill flash stock kernel again from recovery after i go through "fastboot flash recovery cwm.img" and flash cwm. That did not work, my phone just reboots to system. I do not know what to do. I cant get wifi to download a 4EXt recovery or cwm and flash it through system, but how could i without wifi even if fastboot recovery won't work?

koNyciua

Jan 11, 2013
How long should 1730mAh original battery last? Because I'm charging my HTC every day. During the day, I'm using it for only couple hours, Wi-Fi is always turned off (because it does not even work), mobile network is always on, screen brightness is set to medium. I was always using Yoda's ICS, both CPU's are set to MIN 432, MAX 1512 and by the way, it still lags as hell.

I have tried using other batteries, Chinese with many mAh as well, but still the same.

What could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

il Duce

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Feb 25, 2009
Twin Cities, MN
My phone gets past the HTC boot screen but after that it just loops the mwakious loading animation over and over endlessly until the battery runs out. I am on mwakious3drom 12.1 I think, S-ON, hboot 1.53. I've tried fixing permissions with 4ext recovery but it made no difference. Also, I clicked "check partition alignment" and it said " Your fat32 partition isn't perfectly aligned! You may want to repartition the whole sdcard"

Thanks in advance
backup your sdcard, then format your sdcard in recovery
Well today i flashed buttered toast's kernel today, i got a bootloop so to fix that i went on command and did fastboot to flash the stock kernel to fix the boot loop (i've done this before and worked) now what i did was mistakenly i don't even know what was going through my head, i flashed the stock kernel as my recovery. So i wrote "fastboot flash recovery boot.img" instead of "fastboot flash boot boot.img" and so i quickly realized that and did it again except the correct way this time. Realizing that my 4EXT recovery was erased so after successfully booting up my cell i noticed i had wifi error, so i figured ill flash stock kernel again from recovery after i go through "fastboot flash recovery cwm.img" and flash cwm. That did not work, my phone just reboots to system. I do not know what to do. I cant get wifi to download a 4EXt recovery or cwm and flash it through system, but how could i without wifi even if fastboot recovery won't work?
just flash twrp, use it to "dumlock" your boot, then maybe it will fix

Shariq Ahmed

Sep 17, 2012
i guess do not over clock it and set min frequency to 192mhz? My phone last me a whole day with no lag. i am using Next-Gen ROM with buttered toast 17.3 kernel with 1180mhz max and 192 min and it lasts me a whole day

Dec 14, 2008
Bucharest
I used to have a Wildfire 2 years ago, i made root, s-off, unlock and all the custom roms and mods :) (loved it)

But now with the evo 3d , i find it REALLY difficult to get root and a clean room.
Could i get a suggestion from you guys how to get from the original phone s-on , locked , to a unlocked ,custom rom ?

Btw , i am not looking for overclock ,or underclock , i would prefer the standard kernel ....

Dixxhead

Apr 12, 2013
Music app not remembering track position

I have had a little problem with Sense Roms in the past and ran into it again now.

In fact, the problem first appeared on the latest original HTC RUU, after I rooted it, I think. Basicly, the Music-App (HTC) does not remember the position in tracks. Or actually, it remembers (e.g. shows the exact minute:second when I left off) but when hitting play it'll just start all over again (ironically, the counter will not reset, so when the song actually starts at 0:00 the counter shows the number where I left off (e.g. 1:32)... This behaviour can even result in total crashes of the OS).

I'm currently running the Sesnai 1.0.1 Rom with the forbidden Kernel and have don't have this problem; however when I updated to 1.0.2 the problem reappeard.

Any clue what is causing this? :silly:

P.S.: It only forgets if the app is unloaded from the ram, like after a couple of minutes of use without music playback or if I remove the app manually via taskkiller. Right now it remembers trackposition even IF the app is unloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello fellow EVO 3D users! We started this thread for a few reasons. First, we are helpful, good at troubleshooting, and we know android. Second, we used to be noobs, and haven't forgotten. Third, less clutter around here would be nice.

team d3rp is comprised of:
    myself, ranger61878, pstevep, thoughtlesskyle, vanessaem, dkdude36, jdeloach, steelH, and fdb8231.

You can ask literally any question you want, we will try to help. Ask for links, zips, mods, root info, etc. Please search first, then ask for help. :) We may give you a little heat for being a d3rp, because it's fun, so don't take it personally.

Thanks in advance for asking your questions and requests in here, and NOT starting a new thread.

For requests, feel free to ask for whatever. We will try to create/modify what you want, but sometimes we won't be able to, or we won't want to lol. Just remember, if we can't do it or point you in the right direction, you're in the same boat as before you asked. No matter what we should all enjoy learning from each other.

Continue on with the questions. d3rp d3rp...

We now have a chatroom (WIP), try to find us there >
    www.webchat.freenode.net/#teamd3rp
    (you should still post here too)
    I am now 2 devices and almost 2 years away from the Shooter

Closing this thread

Please use the Q+A section from here forward

THANKS!!!

:D
    Well that's good. Nothing like a rooted phone to go to town on.
    Are you from the OG Evo or Hero forums because I don't think we've met you before. I'm not saying I know everyone on here, I'm just sayin'. :p If we've met before, my bad. Senior moments are me sometimes. :D

Actually I am from both - cut my teeth in the Hero forums, progressed to the OG Evo and now I have landed here. I don't think we have officially crossed paths before, so I am Keith, aka kfunk. Pleasure to meet you!
    Tired of trying to figure it out... What does d3rp mean?

team d3rp are the names of the three original members, Duce, ranger and pstevep. d3rps also have interest in helping derps with their 3vo problems.

^^^
    I think that's pstevep's explanation in a nutshell...lol. :p
    Sweet deal, the og evo was my first smartphone(let alone android) so with that is was getting used to android. Then I got the 3d at launch, and now I'm learning java, theming, and even trying to build from source(crap laptop). I've learned so much, and all from xda. So like I said before, I like to help when I can and give something back to this community, which has given me so much.