[TUTORIAL] AVOID BOOTLOOP WHEN PORTING ON Wear 2.0

Search This thread

charli144

Jul 7, 2020
Here's what worked for me

Great tutorial, and although it did not to the job for me i got the idea how to make it work. No matter which image file i flashed I would continue to get the bootloop. I noticed that the only time the watch was able to finish loading wear os without getting stuck was when i used the factory reset option in the original recovery app (broken android bot icon) regardless of which system image file was used. So after multiple attempts here's what worked for me:
1. I went through all the erase commands and then the format commands.
2. I skipped the clean install of old wear os and modified twrp recovery app flash.
3. Then I flashed boot.img and system4dory.img like in the instructions.
4. After, I flashed the 22Drecovery.img from the LG G Watch Recovery Tool folder that is linked to in the tutorial, using this command <fastboot flash recovery 22Drecovery.img> and ignored the error messages. [Then I rebooted back into the bootloader, probably it was unnecessary.]
5. To finish, I entered recovery mode (and got the broken android bot icon) and chose the factory reset/wipe option, and then booted to system.

Note: I'm guessing that if i would have skipped the erase recovery and format recovery commands from step 1 I wouldn't have needed to flash the recovery image in step 4.
This is worked for me, thanks to Cookeys for the detailed instructions and helping me understand what had to be done in my case. Good luck and proceed at your own risk, of course.

Last edited:

charli144

Jul 7, 2020
thanks

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 PM ----------

@Cookeys and other friends. help me plaease. I've successfully installed Android Wear 2.0. but I can't find applications. There is an application section in the settings. but applications do not appear in it. What should I do to see apps?
Press the reset button on the back to bring up apps. For a simpler solution use a watchface that has an app shortcut on it.

Boyd LaRue III

Jan 18, 2021
I've tried to flash Android 2.0 on my LG G watch several times. Each time I end up in a bootloop on the Android animation circles. I've even tried the install that's for no bootloop and I still get the bootloop. It won't boot past that animation. Could you please help me out?
It's an LG w100.
Thanx so much for your time - I really appreciate it.

zippzYT

Jan 22, 2019
this worked - but the os is unusable - it is EXTREMELY slow and the watch overheats and battery drains fast.
i have gone back to aw 1.5.

zippzYT

Jan 22, 2019
Hi, for the past 5 hours I tried upgrading to Android Wear 2.0, but I ended only with a bootloop on the Android animated boot logo.
But I finally managed to restore my watch and to install a working Wear2.0, with a quite unorthodox method:
  • The instructions in the 1st post didn't work for me.
  • Thanks to Restore Tools v8, I was able to restore a working Kitkat Android Wear.
  • Then I got a crazy idea of replacing the 01Qboot.img and 01Qsystem.img files from Restore Tools with the boot.img and system4dory.img from ab123321's lenok2dory Wear 2.0, and... It just work! Automatic "restoration" of a working Wear 2.0 on my watch!

EDIT: by default it's supper laggy, as it seems to run on only 2 cores of the quad-core CPU. Flashing this patched boot.img 4 cores + Magisk from the lenok2dory thread pg 86 makes it smooth again.
thank you for this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone I finally installed successfully Wear 2.0 (N) on my LG G Watch after experienced a lot of problems and bootloops so I decided to make a step by step tutorial for everyone experiencing bootloops or any install issues after installing A.W. 2.0 on their G Watch.

All the credits goes to @Ad123321 for porting Android Wear 2.0 (N). Go check his thread : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-...t-lenok2dory-android-wear-lg-g-watch-t3624441

First of all : THIS TUTORIAL WILL FULLY WIPE AND RESET YOUR WATCH (this is not a big issue because with android 6. (Android Wear 1) nothing is really stocked on the watch)

So here we go :
    At this point there is two type of people :
    1) Persons who do not have tried to install A.W. 2.0 on their watch
    2) Persons who are stuck on the LG Logo / On the loading boot screen (more than 30min)

For the first type of people go try the tutorial of @ab123321 here : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-...t-lenok2dory-android-wear-lg-g-watch-t3624441 there is a high percentage of chance this tutorial works for you but :

For all the persons are stucked in bootloop after tried the tutorial of @ab123321 follow me :

Pre requirements :

Charge your watch at least at 60% (just in case)

Install adb drivers on your computer : https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2588979

Download my custom version of LG G Watch Restore Tools (I just changed the .img wich will install on the watch) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/cp9ryauwb3hu3u7/LG_G_Watch_Restore_Tools_modified_by_Cookeys.rar

Download the twrp with squashfs support : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-watch/development/recovery-twrp-3-0-0-0-squashfs-support-t3632216

Download the img (the boot.img on the 20.06.17 folder and the system4dory.img in the 01.08.2017 folder) of AW 2.0 (N) by @ab123321 : https://forum.xda-developers.com/g-...t-lenok2dory-android-wear-lg-g-watch-t3624441

Let's put the watch in fastboot mode :

1 - Put a pen and press the little button on the back of the watch (left above the charging pins) and hold it for 10 seconds
    2 - The watch restart and display the LG Logo so quickly swipe from the top left of the screen to the bottom right of the screen
    3 - The watch show you the fastboot menu and that means the she is in fastboot mode (if you fail retry from the step 1) so connect it to the computer and open a cmd window ( Win + R and type cmd then OK ) and type
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    if the watch is successfully in fastboot mode it will show you the "List of devices attached" with a serial of letters and numbers.

NOW YOU HAVE TO FORMAT THE WATCH BEFORE INSTALLING AW 1 (6.1)

Still in the CMD window type :

Code:
    fastboot erase boot
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
    Code:
    fastboot erase recovery
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache

Now we will format all the partitions of the watch by typing :

Code:
    fastboot format boot
    Code:
    fastboot format recovery
    Code:
    fastboot format system
    Code:
    fastboot format userdata
    Code:
    fastboot format cache

NB : Some commands can tells you that you can't format those partition. This is normal, the boot partition and the recovery partition can't be formatted but type the commands anyway and ignore the error.

LET THE WATCH CONNECTED

Now we will make a clean reinstall of Android 6.1 to install Android N after :

4 - Launch the custom version of LG G Watch restore tools by clicking on "1 LG G Watch Tools for Windows.bat"
    5 - Choose the 6 option, press enter and let the script re-install Android 6.1 on your G Watch
    6 - When the script says that he successfully re-installed A.W. (reset your watch to stock) open a cmd window in the folder you have the twrp with squashfs support that you downloaded before ( Maj + Right click and select "Open a cmd windows here" or "Open a PowerShell windows here" )
    7 - In this windows type :
    Code:
    fastboot reboot bootloader
    8 - Install the custom recovery (twrp with squashfs support) by typing :
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.0.0-0-dory+squashfs.img
    9 - Let the watch write the recovery and type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    to reboot the watch on the system
    10 - Now I let you configure Android 6.1 (pair to your smartphone...)
    10 bis - If the watch ask you if you want update the watch say YES
    11 - Connect the watch to your computer (if you haven't done it before) and go to the wear settings then activate the developers options and activate the ADB Debugging
    12 - Type
    Code:
    adb devices
    on a cmd windows, the watch ask you if you want to let the computer access to the adb debugging click on "Always allow"
    13 - Go on the folder which contain the img of AW 2.0 (N) and open a cmd windows in this folder
    14 - Type :
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    15 - Once you are in the fastboot menu type the following commands : (as you done before installing Wear 6.1 with the LG G Watch Restore tools)
    Code:
    fastboot erase boot
    Code:
    fastboot erase system
    Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
    Code:
    fastboot erase cache

Now we will format all the partitions of the watch by typing :

Code:
    fastboot format boot
    Code:
    fastboot format system
    Code:
    fastboot format userdata
    Code:
    fastboot format cache

And reboot the watch by typing :

Code:
    fastboot reboot bootloader

NB : Some commands can tells you that you can't format those partition. This is normal, especially for the boot partition and the recovery partition because they can't be formatted but type the commands anyway and ignore the error.

Now its time to install A.W. 2.0 (N)

Type :

Code:
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    Code:
    fastboot flash system system4dory.img

Then :

Code:
     fastboot reboot booloader

And with the little arrows select "RECOVERY" on the fastboot menu on the watch and press the "O" to enter in the TWRP

Once you are in the TWRP allow the modifications and go to "Wipe" and swipe for factory reset then press "Reboot" and ignore the message about no OS installed (because there is an OS installed)

Wait until the boot is complete (it can take up to 30min) and let the watch plugged for the battery when Wear 2.0 (N)

Voilà ! You got Android Wear 2.0 (N) on your watch :)
    If you have any questions or problems post them below and I will help you as fast I can

Put a "Thanks !" to my post if this helped you ;)

Huge thanks to @ab123321, @joacagomez (for the TWRP), @Tomsgt (For the original version of LG G Watch Restore Tools I modified) and everybody on the forum who posted tips to bypass some problems during the installation :highfive: