Tutorial: Build OmniRom for Nexus 7

• Thread starter Deleted member 3493119
  • Start date
Search This thread
D

Deleted member 3493119

How to build Omnirom for Nexus 7 (grouper)

Requirements:
* Decent computer with Ubuntu or Linux Mint
* Fast internet connection
* A brain

1. Open up a terminal and install all the required packages:

If you use 64bit:

sudo apt-get install bison build-essential curl flex git-core gnupg gperf libesd0-dev libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop openjdk-6-jdk openjdk-6-jre pngcrush schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev g++-multilib gcc-multilib lib32ncurses5-dev lib32readline-gplv2-dev lib32z1-dev

If you use 32bit:

sudo apt-get install bison build-essential curl flex git-core gnupg gperf libesd0-dev libncurses5-dev libsdl1.2-dev libwxgtk2.8-dev libxml2 libxml2-utils lzop openjdk-6-jdk openjdk-6-jre pngcrush schedtool squashfs-tools xsltproc zip zlib1g-dev

2. After those packages have been installed you are going to create the directories for the sources and repo tool.

3. Now your going to download the repo tool and chmod it so that it's executable:

chmod a+x ~/bin/repo

4. Add the /bin/repo tool to your bashrc file:

A editor should show up, now add this line at the end of the file and then save it:

export PATH=${PATH}:~/bin

5. Now it's time to initialize the repo:

git config --global user.email "youremail"

git config --global user.name "yourname"

repo init -u git://github.com/omnirom/android.git -b android-4.3

6. Sync the sourcecode (will take a while):

7. Add the prebuilts for Nexus 7:

git clone git://github.com/TheMuppets/proprietary_vendor_asus.git -b cm-10.2 asus

8. Building the rom:

source build/envsetup.sh

9. After it's finished you will find the .zip file with the rom in the “out” folder.

Last edited by a moderator:

stuguru

Aug 25, 2009
Brisbane
Nice tutorial - may I suggest that at the end of step 4 you add "source ~/.bashrc" so ~/bin is added to the PATH for that session.

seanwayne

Oct 25, 2010
San Diego
Agreed, and may I suggest that adding -f flag when Invoking $ "repo sync -f -j32" for possible sync errors/network/broken objects.

mrsvt

May 7, 2013
Sorry for the thread resurrection, are these steps the same for building the omnirom 5.1.1 for nexus 7 grouper? Thanks in advance.

SlimShady's

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 19, 2013
cd /world/europe/italy
Hi guys :) I'm building OmniROM 6.0.1 for LG L90 (w7).<br />
I got into an error: http://hastebin.com/dujufeyelu.pas<br />
Now the point is: I've Omnified all my device tree, tried everything but nothing...still got this error.<br />
I'm building on Ubuntu 14.04. I chatted into the IRC of Omni but no one replied me..And I thought here someone would give me an hand..<br />
This is my local_manifest in case you wanna see device/vendor/kernel trees: http://hastebin.com/siyivamudu.xml<br />
Thank you very much in advance. :)

Top Liked Posts