[Tutorial] Change Bluetooth MAC Address // SIXAXIS + MontioninJoy + Android

Search This thread

t-mobile_mda

May 30, 2007
hi guys...
maybe it is not about the android bt mac address but i need to change local bt or bt donlge..? is there any chance..?

EeeK

Nov 30, 2011
Has anyone have any luck or other way around this?

I'm currently using my ps3 dual shock 3 controller to play games on my pc and want to use it on my note 3 android device without switching the mac address to do the pairing back and fore.

fortytwo17

Feb 18, 2015
Hot Springs
There is faster an easier way to set up SIXAXIS + MontioninJoy + Android.

What you will need:

PS3 Controller
SIXAXIS Controller App (it's a paid app but worth it)
MotionInJoy
Bluetooth Dongle
USB cable (micro b to a)
USB cable (mini b to a)
File Explorer [with ROOT]
q2hv.jpg

Steps to take:

1) Install the Sixaxis controller app
2) Start the Sixaxis controller app and press "start"
3) Look at the bottom of your screen in the Sixaxis controller app and make note of the "local bluetooth address"
4) Plug your PS3 controller into your computer
5) Load MotionInJoy and check the "BluetoothPair" section to get your "Adapter MAC"
(this number is backwards; so if it shows b5.2e.f.dc.1b.0 then the number we need is actually 00.1b.dc.0f.2e.b5)
6) Open File Manager on your phone with ROOT SETTINGS and go to /efs/bluetooth/. (Start from root)
7) Edit file "bt_addr" and replace your "local bluetooth address" with (reverted) "Adapter MAC"
8) Do the same in "bt_config.xml" file in /data/misc/bluedroid folder. (Start from root)
9) Go into your phone Settings -> Applications -> SIXAXIS Controller to "Clear Data" and "Force stop" before running again (so it detects the changes in the MAC ID file)
10) Now you are ready to pair your PS3 PAD with PC and Android simultaneously.

confirmed, still works just fine. running http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s2-att/development/cyanogenmod12-rom-unofficial-t2959753 on my i777 and steamos on my laptop using the same bt_addr. thanks to the OP and to tsabrakar for the simplified instructions.

gtriasa

Jun 20, 2016
help me guy.....

my problwm is "maximum number of clients already conected" that say sixaxis app on my phone... please help

Edivarllon

Aug 30, 2019
If you have root on your device, you can install notepad++ for Android, select open a file, navigate to /esf/bluetooth/ (keep going up until you find it), open bt_addr, type the Mac address of the controller/Bluetooth device your controller is often connected to (you can check it on the device manager, on the advanced tab of the Bluetooth device properties, it's not backwards), save the file, stop sixaxis and clean the files, restart sixaxis, check if the new address is in, done. If you want a more detailed explanation ask and I'll make a more in depth step by step guide.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since the MAC address of my phone was different than that of my bluetooth dongle for my PC I had to constantly tell my PS3 SIXAXIS controller what to pair to so I could use it for MotionInJoy or the SIXAXIS Controller app.

Eventually I got annoyed enough to fix it. It was very hard finding all the information I needed online so I decided to just make a tutorial for everyone else looking for it. Hopefully they find it here.

GETTING STARTED

What you will need:
    • PS3 Controller
    • SIXAXIS Controller App (it's a paid app but worth it)
    • MotionInJoy
    • Bluetooth Dongle
    • USB cable (micro b to a)
    • USB cable (mini b to a)
    • Android SDK (requires Java JDK)
    • Samsung USB drivers (download from Samsung's support site)
    • Notepad++

Steps to take:

Install the SIXAXIS Compatability Checker App first to make sure your phone is going to work (it should since we all have the same phone but you never know with different ROMs and Kernels and what-not)
    If it works install the SIXAXIS Controller App and run it
    Hit "Start" so you can see your current phones bluetooth MAC ID

RhuQ4.png

Install the the Java JDK and the Android SDK
    Install Samsung USB drivers
    Connect your computer to your phone and enable USB Debugging

Install drivers for your bluetooth dongle and plug it into your USB port
    Install MotionInJoy to your PC
    Connect your PS3 controller to yoru PC via USB

Load MotionInJoy and check the "BluetoothPair" section to get your "Adapter MAC"
    (this number is backwards; so if it shows b5.2e.f.dc.1b.0 then the number we need is actually 00.1b.dc.0f.2e.b5)

UZtOX.png

Open up command prompt (WIN+R and then type "cmd")
    Change directory to your installation of the Android SDK's platform-tools (mine is located in C:/asdk/platform-tools)

Code:
    cd c:/asdk/platform-tools

Put in the following command to get your current bluetooth address file from your phone:

Code:
    adb pull /esf/bluetooth/bt_addr

This will drop into your platform-tools directory on your computer (mine is located at C:/asdk/platform-tools/bt_addr)

Now open up the bt_addr file in Notepad++ and change the MAC ID you see there to the one we got our of MotionInJoy earlier
    (my phone's MAC ID was 84:25:db:55:48:a8 so I had to change it to 00:1b:dc:07:2e:b5 to match my dongle's MAC ID)
    Save this file with Ctrl+S so it keeps the file the same format (we don't want it as a .txt or it wont work!)

Now go back to command prompt and type the following command:

Code:
    adb push bt_addr /esf/bluetooth/

This will overwrite our old file with our new MAC ID

HvscG.png

FSshy.png

Go into your phone Settings -> Applications -> SIXAXIS Controller to "Clear Data" and "Force stop" before running again (so it detects the changes in the MAC ID file)

T283I.png

Open up SIXAXIS Controller App
    Select "Start"
    Press the Playstation button on your PS3 controller
    It should now discover it and say "Client connected: 1" and have your local bluetooth address at the bottom be the new address

hiYX0.png

EDIT: EDIT: Finally I can put my images in here to make this tutorial better!
    Not sure if people are still having problems. I contacted SixAxis and they emailed the following instructions. I haven't tested it out yet as I found a PC from a friend to use.

Just in case, and for future reference, here are the instructions for OSX:

1. Download libusb.pkg.tar.gz from http://www.ellert.se/twain-sane/, unzip, run and install.

2. Download sixpair for OS X here -http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/sixpair.

3. Open Terminal, navigate to the folder your file is in (i.e. if the file downloaded into your Downloads folder, you should just have to type "cd Downloads" to get there) and type 'chmod 755 sixpair'.

4. Plug your PS3 controller into your Mac via the USB cable.

5. In Terminal again, type './sixpair 1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F' where "1A:2B:3C:4D:5E:6F" is the "Local Bluetooth Address" that the Sixaxis controller app gives you.

6. Unplug the PS3 controller, start the Sixaxis controller app, and then press the home button on your PS3 controller.

Hope this helps someone out....
    Here is an easier way to do it.

2) Download and install the SixaxisPairTool from here: http://www.dancingpixelstudios.com/sixaxiscontroller/tool.html
    3) Start the Sixaxis controller app and press "start"
    4) Look at the bottom of your screen in the Sixaxis controller app and make note of the "local bluetooth address"
    5) Run SixaxisPairTool on your computer
    6) Plug your PS3 controller into your computer
    7) Change the address to match the "local bluetooth address" from the app and you should be good to go

This will change the address on the PS3 controller to match the phone and will connect every time. You can repair it back to your PS3 the way you normally do.
    There is faster an easier way to set up SIXAXIS + MontioninJoy + Android.

What you will need:

PS3 Controller
    SIXAXIS Controller App (it's a paid app but worth it)
    MotionInJoy
    Bluetooth Dongle
    USB cable (micro b to a)
    USB cable (mini b to a)
    File Explorer [with ROOT]
    q2hv.jpg

Steps to take:

2) Start the Sixaxis controller app and press "start"
    3) Look at the bottom of your screen in the Sixaxis controller app and make note of the "local bluetooth address"
    4) Plug your PS3 controller into your computer
    5) Load MotionInJoy and check the "BluetoothPair" section to get your "Adapter MAC"
    6) Open File Manager on your phone with ROOT SETTINGS and go to /efs/bluetooth/. (Start from root)
    7) Edit file "bt_addr" and replace your "local bluetooth address" with (reverted) "Adapter MAC"
    8) Do the same in "bt_config.xml" file in /data/misc/bluedroid folder. (Start from root)
    9) Go into your phone Settings -> Applications -> SIXAXIS Controller to "Clear Data" and "Force stop" before running again (so it detects the changes in the MAC ID file)
    10) Now you are ready to pair your PS3 PAD with PC and Android simultaneously.