[Tutorial] Crossflash, Bypass OPID Mismatched Error

Search This thread

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
How can I "find" the serial number?
There's a relation between SN and IMEI. To recover SN one can restore IMEI in PDM mode. So the instructions will be:
1. Find a way to get into PDM mode.
2. Use tutty to send commands to the phone.
3. Try writing IMEI using tutty.
3.1. Replace 000000000000000 with your IMEI and hit enter: at%imei=000000000000000
3.2. You should get OK otherwise it does not work.
4. If it succeeds then the SN will be recovered.

Notes:
1. To get into PDM mode, use the attached FTM file. Remember I do not guarantee that it works harmlessly and effectively, so have created backup beforehand.
2. You may need to erase LUN5 partitions to make it possible writing IMEI in PDM mode so again create backup of LUN5 and erase it.

Attachments

• ftm.zip
    366.6 KB · Views: 15
  • tutty-0.60.2.0.zip
    784.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: robnitro

reachforthesky

Apr 28, 2012
Netmsm, thanks for the help.
Turn out that either ADB devices or ADB get-serialno can retrieve the serial number.
I then use Qfil to put the serial number back in ftm.bin (offset 14000). One down, one to go.
Now have to find out why recovery/fastboot mode gives me a dead Android with "no command" error. The Power button and tap Volume+ combo won't do anything.

NT code was blank in ftm.bin as well as in SVC Menu/MID Info. A linkage to the recovery/fastboot error?

Reactions: netmsm

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Netmsm, thanks for the help.
Turn out that either ADB devices or ADB get-serialno can retrieve the serial number.
I then use Qfil to put the serial number back in ftm.bin (offset 14000). One down, one to go.
Now have to find out why recovery/fastboot mode gives me a dead Android with "no command" error. The Power button and tap Volume+ combo won't do anything.

NT code was blank in ftm.bin as well as in SVC Menu/MID Info. A linkage to the recovery/fastboot error?

Hate to tell ya, but pretty sure when the pwr button and vol + combo don't do anything, that's because you don't have the original ftm. My experience is the ftm controls that, and needs to be orig for it to work.

reachforthesky

Apr 28, 2012
Hate to tell ya, but pretty sure when the pwr button and vol + combo don't do anything, that's because you don't have the original ftm. My experience is the ftm controls that, and needs to be orig for it to work.
Yeah! I did not save the original ftm.bin as I was getting cocky after successfully cross-flashing a Sprint-unlocked G8x A10 to US_,open A11. Then fixed the NT code error.

Along the way, I mistakenly thought the extracted ftm.bin from stock firmware was blank, and it would be populated later at the initially boot up. So why save the ftm.bin when I move on to the LG V40 cross-flash? Illogical! Big mistake!
Look like I really have to learn what "data" are inside the ftm.bin after boot up.

Last edited:

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Yeah! I did not save the original ftm.bin as I was getting cocky after successfully cross-flashing a Sprint-unlocked G8x A10 to US_,open A11. Then fixed the NT code error.

Along the way, I mistakenly thought the extracted ftm.bin from stock firmware was blank, and it would be populated later at the initially boot up. So why save the ftm.bin when I move on to the LG V40 cross-flash? Illogical! Big mistake!
Look like I really have to learn what "data" are inside the ftm.bin after boot up.

Yeah that is unfortunate. I learned some time ago, back up the entire rom, first thing, no excuses.

there are some python utilities that do that, look for bkerler edl utilities, you'll find his git pages. Those utilities can back up everything, and even create the xml to reload them, if desired. Not sure if there's anything you can do about not having original now, sadly.

good luck

dalponis

Apr 12, 2013
Stratford
www.uniquehardware.ca
EDIT 2022-05-24 17:05:

I'm trying to Cross Flash my LM-G820UM AT&T with G820UM30b_00_OPEN_CA_OP_1203.kdz (Android 11)

The LGUP utility didn't have "Partition DL" under Process.
1653327553330.png

I noticed the UI_Config.lgl file is being deleted from model\common when I launch LGUP.

I set ui_config.lgl to read only, and I got Partition DL mode.
1653330074955.png

I selected all partitions except sid_a and sid_b and was able to flash my LG device.

The flash is complete, I am on the G820UM30b_00_OPEN_CA_OP_1203.kdz firmware. My IMEI is currently, 0.

I am now reading/working on this post:

Trying to get my IMEI back from 0.

I downloaded UltraISO and edited a back up copy of modem_a.bin and modem_b.bin and removed all imei* files under image. When I use QFIL to reload these bin files, QFIL errors because the file I am trying to flash has a space in the file name...
1653335230487.png

I just removed the space from the file name, and QFIL worked fine so far.

Unfortunately, I was unable to use tutty.exe to connect to my phone! No matter what, even enabling Port Check Test, tutty.exe wouldn't connect to the phone. I could only get a black screen that wouldn't respond on my computer.

Anyway, using *#546368#*820#, I was able to set my IMEI back to what it should have been! I did a factory reset on my phone and the IMEI even persisted! This is good!

I've followed the cross-flash guide and updated to G820UM30c_00_OPEN_CA_OP_0201.kdz. My IMEI is there.

Looking at this post for information about the Serial Number:

I can see a ftm.bin, I can upload that to my device using QFIL after taking a backup of ftm.bin After I upload ftm.bin, reboot phone, I get a blue screen with a 2 on it. Using tutty, I can connect to one of two of the COM ports listed. When I type in my IMEI that is already set via the at%imei=*****, I get an ERROR.

Only problem(s) I still have are:
. NT Code error on boot, unsure how to resolve
. SN for my phone is erased
. Went I insert a SIM card I get a screen telling me my phone is perma-locked, is this to due to the errors in the NT Code?

I found a guide and a post:

Is my serial number written inside my phone on a sticker? If I were to open the case, could I recover the serial number?

Last edited:

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
. Went I insert a SIM card I get a screen telling me my phone is perma-locked, is this to due to the errors in the NT Code?
Flash Korean A11 KDZ and go to hidden menu then modify the NT Code. It'll solve the perm-locked issue. If you're on A11, give it a try and if it doesn't work then flash Korean A11.

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
EDIT 2022-05-24 17:05:

I'm trying to Cross Flash my LM-G820UM AT&T with G820UM30b_00_OPEN_CA_OP_1203.kdz (Android 11)

The LGUP utility didn't have "Partition DL" under Process.
View attachment 5620985

I noticed the UI_Config.lgl file is being deleted from model\common when I launch LGUP.

I set ui_config.lgl to read only, and I got Partition DL mode.
View attachment 5621065
I selected all partitions except sid_a and sid_b and was able to flash my LG device.

The flash is complete, I am on the G820UM30b_00_OPEN_CA_OP_1203.kdz firmware. My IMEI is currently, 0.

I am now reading/working on this post:

Trying to get my IMEI back from 0.

I downloaded UltraISO and edited a back up copy of modem_a.bin and modem_b.bin and removed all imei* files under image. When I use QFIL to reload these bin files, QFIL errors because the file I am trying to flash has a space in the file name...
View attachment 5621135
I just removed the space from the file name, and QFIL worked fine so far.

Unfortunately, I was unable to use tutty.exe to connect to my phone! No matter what, even enabling Port Check Test, tutty.exe wouldn't connect to the phone. I could only get a black screen that wouldn't respond on my computer.

Anyway, using *#546368#*820#, I was able to set my IMEI back to what it should have been! I did a factory reset on my phone and the IMEI even persisted! This is good!

I've followed the cross-flash guide and updated to G820UM30c_00_OPEN_CA_OP_0201.kdz. My IMEI is there.

Looking at this post for information about the Serial Number:

I can see a ftm.bin, I can upload that to my device using QFIL after taking a backup of ftm.bin After I upload ftm.bin, reboot phone, I get a blue screen with a 2 on it. Using tutty, I can connect to one of two of the COM ports listed. When I type in my IMEI that is already set via the at%imei=*****, I get an ERROR.

I found a guide and a post:

Is my serial number written inside my phone on a sticker? If I were to open the case, could I recover the serial number?
I tried this last night on a G8x with firmware version G850QM30b and it wouldn't let me modify the IMEI in the hidden menu.When I used ultra iso to edit the modem_a and modem_b I see 8 files with the IMEI names and I deleted all 8 in both modem bin files?Did I make a mistake on which IMEI files that needed to be deleted?I may grab the UM and EMW firmware,and see if there is some sort of difference.I did want to verify I was deleting the correct imei files in the modem_a and modem_b files?Thanks

Last edited:

dalponis

Apr 12, 2013
Stratford
www.uniquehardware.ca
Edit 20:15:
Flash Korean A11 KDZ and go to hidden menu then modify the NT Code. It'll solve the perm-locked issue. If you're on A11, give it a try and if it doesn't work then flash Korean A11.

I'm assuming the hidden menu is *#546368#*820#.

I can't change my NT code in there with my CAN OPEN firmware. I'm trying to find the Korean A11 KDZ.

Once I find a Korean A11 KDZ, how do I know what a valid NT code is? Do I just turn the start of the code from "0" to "1"?

Are you suggesting I use a firmware for the LG-LMG820N?

KTZ Builds Such as: G820N30d_00_KT_KR_OP_1119.kdz or G820N30b_00_KT_KR_OP_0908.kdz
or
KOR Builds Such as: G820NO30b_00_OPEN_KR_OP_0908.kdz?

Do you have a recommended build to use?
And what exactly do I change my NT Code to?

Last edited:

dalponis

Apr 12, 2013
Stratford
www.uniquehardware.ca
I tried this last night on a G8x with firmware version G850QM30b and it wouldn't let me modify the IMEI in the hidden menu.When I used ultra iso to edit the modem_a and modem_b I see 8 files with the IMEI names and I deleted all 8 in both modem bin files?Did I make a mistake on which IMEI files that needed to be deleted?I may grab the UM and EMW firmware,and see if there is some sort of difference.I did want to verify I was deleting the correct imei files in the modem_a and modem_b files?Thanks

I only found 8 IMEI* files (all of them) in my .bin file. So it sounds like you deleted them all.

Reactions: surgemanx

surgemanx

Jan 29, 2022
I only found 8 IMEI* files (all of them) in my .bin file. So it sounds like you deleted them all.
If you was able to edit the IMEI in the service menu,that means some where down the line you have changed the impl from 1 to 0.That's what I have been trying to figure out how to get around myself.I have yanked all partitions from LUNS 5 and hexed edited all of them and still no luck repairing the IMEI.Here's the Korean firmware Netmsm is speaking of for NT Code edit.Let me know how you pan out with it.

Edit:Almost forgot,if you change the NT Code and want to use the open Canada firmware use this NT Code.That will fix your error on restart/boot.

"1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,82"

Last edited:

dalponis

Apr 12, 2013
Stratford
www.uniquehardware.ca
Edit 22:22:
If you was able to edit the IMEI in the service menu,that means some where down the line you have changed the impl from 1 to 0.That's what I have been trying to figure out how to get around myself.I have yanked all partitions from LUNS 5 and hexed edited all of them and still no luck repairing the IMEI.Here's the Korean firmware Netmsm is speaking of for NT Code edit.Let me know how you pan out with it.

Edit:Almost forgot,if you change the NT Code and want to use the open Canada firmware use this NT Code.That will fix your error on restart/boot.

"1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,82"

Sounds good. Is any Korean firmware good? Like G820N30b_00_KT_KR_OP_0908.kdz?

Let's try that.
1653527910364.png

It's nice that I can use English on the Korean KDZ.

Anyway, after flashing the Korean KDZ, *#546368#*820#. still won't let me change my NT code. There is a red Edit button, but after I edit the code and click okay, nothing changes.

Do I have to root or something first?

For some reason I can't get into fastboot to see if I'm using A or B for Magisk...
Could it be possible I killed by fastboot partition? I can't boot to fastboot.

fastboot getvar all doesn't work
but
adb shell /bin/getprop ro.boot.slot_suffix
worked.

I'm on A. I'll try rooting...

After rooting I still can't change the NT code.

Last edited:

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan

dalponis

Apr 12, 2013
Stratford
www.uniquehardware.ca
I used this: G820NO30b_00_OPEN_KR_OP_0908.

Try this:
1. Create backup of LUN5 partitions (modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc) plus ftm on LUN0.
2. Erase LUN5 partitions.
3. Retry modifying NT Code via hidden menu.
4. If it works, then rewrite IMEI too.
I Flashed my phone with the build you recommended.
I backed up LUN5 and then I erased all of my LUN5 partitions
Booting back into the phone, I see my IMEI is gone, a wrong NT code is there("0","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"). Try to edit it, it won't let me save any changes. Did I miss a step?

Last edited:

dalponis

Apr 12, 2013
Stratford
www.uniquehardware.ca
I Flashed my phone with the build you recommended.
I backed up LUN5 and then I erased all of my LUN5 partitions
Booting back into the phone, I see my IMEI is gone, a wrong NT code is there("0","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF"). Try to edit it, it won't let me save any changes. Did I miss a step?
I brought my AT&T 820UM back to CA Open, and now I put on Lineageos 18.1, no NT errors, but I want that stock OS for the wide angle camera.

I can't get the service menu on a rooted lineageos 18.1 LG G8.

A tried two different hiddenmenu.apk in Lineageos 18.1, both wouldn't install.

Last edited:

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
NO. You did right.
This is the last one come into my mind: Flashing vbmeta. So steps would be:
1. Flash the Korean KDZ I suggested.
2. Create backup of abl, xbl and xbl_config on both A and B sides.
3. Restore engineering files using Qfil. (attached)
4. Dump vbmeta_a or vbmeta_b and rename it as vbmeta.bin.
5. Go to Fastboot.
6. Flash vbmeta:
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_a vbmeta.bin
fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta_b vbmeta.bin
7. Flash the original abl, xbl and xbl_config on both sides:
fastboot flash abl_a abl_a.bin
fastboot flash xbl_a xbl_a.bin
fastboot flash xbl_config_a xbl_config_a.bin
fastboot flash abl_b abl_b.bin
fastboot flash xbl_b xbl_b.bin
fastboot flash xbl_config_b xbl_config_b.bin
8. Boot into OS.
9. Go to hidden menu and try editing NT Code.

A tried two different hiddenmenu.apk in Lineageos 18.1, both wouldn't install.
They do not work on non stock Roms.

I see my IMEI is gone
Don't worry about it.
("0","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF")
I've changed mine to ("1","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,71").

Attachments

• G820_EM_Fastboot.rar
    2.5 MB · Views: 9

Sufi101

May 27, 2022
Hi there ;)
Thanks to all other guys here who have made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
LGUP_Common.dll (get)
UI_Config.lgl (get)
LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
2. Install LGUP.
3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder. Change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
A)
1. Open QFIL.
2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
3. Select "Flat Build".
4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
!!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restart.
3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
1. Open LGUP.
2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
3. Select "PARTITION DL".
4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
6. If you are in Sprint or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.
I live outside the us and havent been able to update my lg g8 from At&t. it is currently stuck at Android 9. so what are the odds of this method working? I'm quite desparate.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
I live outside the us and havent been able to update my lg g8 from At&t. it is currently stuck at Android 9. so what are the odds of this method working? I'm quite desparate.
The odds? That's a funny question, because virtually everyone who's tried it has gotten it to work.

so the odds are 100%

That doesn't mean you won't run into problems, read the threads, people have. But it certainly works. Are you going to be able to do it? I don't know. But I'd say this, backup your entire rom first, you're a lot more likely to be successful if you have a full back up.

cheers

Reactions: netmsm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    issue as of now is blank SN..
    Restore the original FTM.
    UPDATE: I was able to flash the kdz file, but unfortunately I get OPID Mismatched error and bootloop... What can I do next? Can I flash original firmware with LG UP? If yes, what option should I choose? Upgrade? Refurbish?
    Refurbish if you're going back to a stock rom.
    English
    Hmm, I have no idea why this happened but I've flashed "KDZ" several different times and the gyroscope issue still persists.

How would I do the "doing a complete deletion of the flash" is it by "QFILE" or by "LGUP"?

Spanish
    mmm, no tengo idea de porque pasó esto pero he flasheado varias veces diferentes "KDZ" y aun sigue el problema del giroscopio.

como haría el "haciendo un borrado completo del flash" es por "QFILE" o por "LGUP"?
    While it may be possible through lgup, I don't know how to do it. I did it through QFIL, just make sure to make a complete backup of your LUNS (follow netmsm's method) in case anything goes wrong. Also when deleting the flash, don't erase the GPT or your partition manager will be blank and you will have to do extra work to restore it.
    Do I need to do some extras since it's a roll back or it doesn't matter and just go with the tutorial ?
    I've done this many times on LG G8 without any issue but on V50 I didn't. You may give it a go, however create backup before going for crossflash.
    Thank you very much for answering kind Sir. :)
    Glad to help =)
    Hi there ;)
    Thanks to all other guys here who have made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
    But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
    I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
    first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
    at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
    QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
    LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
    LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
    LGUP_Common.dll (get)
    UI_Config.lgl (get)
    LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
    1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
    2. Install LGUP.
    3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
    4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder. Change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
    5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
    A)
    1. Open QFIL.
    2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
    3. Select "Flat Build".
    4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
    5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
    6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
    7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
    !!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
    1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
    1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
    1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
    1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
    2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
    3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restart.
    3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
    Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
    1. Open LGUP.
    2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
    3. Select "PARTITION DL".
    4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
    5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
    6. If you are in Sprint or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.
    Hey good for you, so the Open a11 must be the Kor version right? Either way, could u do a big favor and try to get to recovery? Of course don't erase anything, but just verify you can get to the recovery screen?

thnx!

So, we just got this sorted. Thanks to SGMarkus as he mentioned it's the ftm partition that controls recovery access and fastboot access. So, with the newly flashed kdz, as it is, you can't even get to fasboot although u flashed the eng abl to it.

But! Restore your old ftm, after flashing, and then you'll get access to both recovery and ability to get to fastboot after flashing eng abl.

cheers!
    Some pictures of flashing my LMG820UM, unlocked from Sprint, into OPEN_CA 20j. In normal mode you cannot flash SPR_US to OPEN_CA which is shown in the pictures. But using this thread instruction it allows to flash, even it asks to change the model from SPR_US to OPEN_CA :D
    Until performing the instructions, it shows the "id: 2(SPR_US)" on the Download Mode screen, but after that it cannot recognize the phone model id and shows "id: 0()" :D
    Have fun ^_^
    I would like to know the following:
    (1) first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!! How, exactly, does one make this full backup? How does it get restored if needed?
    (2) 1. Make a backup of and erase these 5 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B. What does this mean, exactly? What tool is being used for this?
    (3)If you are in Spring or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =). I do not know what to do. It is not helpful to write such a vague, obtuse instruction.

I don't speak for netmsm, and he's more than capable of doing that himself.

But, for myself, I just wanted to say I think your comments are very unfair. 1st) The guide does say exactly how to back up those partitions, you, obviously, just don't recognize that, and probably thus have no idea what the utilities mentioned in the guide do. (hint: see where qualcomm and qfil are mentioned - just before 'make a backup'.

2nd) If u don't understand something in the guide, read the comments others have made, because it's possible someone else has already asked that question. Re the 'Of course u know what to do', you'll find others have said they got that pop-up, and others didn't. From that u can deduce, it's not **critical**. And, if anything, u realize it's kind of a joke... as in 'who want's a sprint phone anyway?' Get it?

There's no reason to be disparaging because u can't follow a guide without having to do any thinking at all. Sometimes, a guide can be 'over our head'. I.E. u just don't have enough experience in this area. Remember, a guide writer faces a dilemma; how to get the information across, succinctly, without becoming too verbose. Too verbose and the guide becomes a book, and most of us that write guides have no desire to spend the time it takes to write a book.

If u don't understand, ask questions, but don't be disparaging. We should all be thankful netmsm even bothered to take the time to write this!

cheers
    alright, G8x Sprint succesfully crossflashed to OPEN CA :cowboy: