[Tutorial] Crossflash, Bypass OPID Mismatched Error

Search This thread

luislasonbra

Jul 20, 2012
Hi there ;)
Thanks to all other guys here who have made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
LGUP_Common.dll (get)
UI_Config.lgl (get)
LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
2. Install LGUP.
3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder. Change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
A)
1. Open QFIL.
2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
3. Select "Flat Build".
4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
!!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restart.
3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
1. Open LGUP.
2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
3. Select "PARTITION DL".
4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
6. If you are in Sprint or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.

English
Hello, when flashing I realized that the gyroscope is inverted, when the device is vertical for unknown reasons the screen is displayed horizontally, the same thing happens in the opposite way.

Any suggestions or help to fix this problem?

NOTE
I have installed several "KDZ" and this happens in all of them.

Spanish
hola, al realizar el flashing me he dado cuenta de que el giroscopio esta invertido, cuando el dispositivo esta vertical por razones desconocidas la pantalle se visualiza de manera horizontal, lo mismo pasa de manera contraria.

alguna sugerencia o ayuda para corregir este inconveniente?

NOTA
he instalado varios "KDZ" y en todos pasa esto.

Guille05

Jun 21, 2022
English
Hello, when flashing I realized that the gyroscope is inverted, when the device is vertical for unknown reasons the screen is displayed horizontally, the same thing happens in the opposite way.

Any suggestions or help to fix this problem?

NOTE
I have installed several "KDZ" and this happens in all of them.

Spanish
hola, al realizar el flashing me he dado cuenta de que el giroscopio esta invertido, cuando el dispositivo esta vertical por razones desconocidas la pantalle se visualiza de manera horizontal, lo mismo pasa de manera contraria.

alguna sugerencia o ayuda para corregir este inconveniente?

NOTA
he instalado varios "KDZ" y en todos pasa esto.
While I didn't have that exact issue, when trying to crossflash all of my sensors didn't work, including the gyroscope. I believe it's due to some error when flashing the different roms, the way I managed to get my sensors back in working order was to do a complete flash erase, and then restored my partitions from zero. However be very careful when doing that and make sure to make a complete backup. I didn't need to be so careful as my network and all that already didn't work, but if the gyroscope is your only problem don't try anything without having backed up every single partition on your phone as it currently is.

luislasonbra

Jul 20, 2012
While I didn't have that exact issue, when trying to crossflash all of my sensors didn't work, including the gyroscope. I believe it's due to some error when flashing the different roms, the way I managed to get my sensors back in working order was to do a complete flash erase, and then restored my partitions from zero. However be very careful when doing that and make sure to make a complete backup. I didn't need to be so careful as my network and all that already didn't work, but if the gyroscope is your only problem don't try anything without having backed up every single partition on your phone as it currently is.
English
Hmm, I have no idea why this happened but I've flashed "KDZ" several different times and the gyroscope issue still persists.

How would I do the "doing a complete deletion of the flash" is it by "QFILE" or by "LGUP"?

Spanish
mmm, no tengo idea de porque pasó esto pero he flasheado varias veces diferentes "KDZ" y aun sigue el problema del giroscopio.

como haría el "haciendo un borrado completo del flash" es por "QFILE" o por "LGUP"?

Guille05

Jun 21, 2022
English
Hmm, I have no idea why this happened but I've flashed "KDZ" several different times and the gyroscope issue still persists.

How would I do the "doing a complete deletion of the flash" is it by "QFILE" or by "LGUP"?

Spanish
mmm, no tengo idea de porque pasó esto pero he flasheado varias veces diferentes "KDZ" y aun sigue el problema del giroscopio.

como haría el "haciendo un borrado completo del flash" es por "QFILE" o por "LGUP"?
While it may be possible through lgup, I don't know how to do it. I did it through QFIL, just make sure to make a complete backup of your LUNS (follow netmsm's method) in case anything goes wrong. Also when deleting the flash, don't erase the GPT or your partition manager will be blank and you will have to do extra work to restore it.

Reactions: luislasonbra

Bxhxl

Jun 27, 2022
Hi.
I have a problem. I cant do cross flash with my LG G8X Sprint. I erase boot a/b, OP_A/B, system_a/b, vendor a/b, modem_a/b, sid_a/b, product_a/b but, when I triying to use LGUP, instant I flash, I have the error 0x6004 CrossDL TOS_US>whatever rom Im triying to installl. I am really sure that I am following the steps to the letter. IDK whats happen with my cell. I tried to reload the backup several times but I dont have good results.
Anyone can help me?

tofik33`

Jun 19, 2022
It should work fine with v50 as well.They're all the same chipsets,so it shouldn't be an issue.
I've succeded in cross flashing yesterday. Additional things I had to do was erasing partitions mentioned by netmsm (vendor, product, system, boot) and another thing was unchecking sid_a, sib_b, abl_a, abl_b when flashing the ROM with LGUP.
No OPID Mismatched error anymore. Only a warning after reboot that says "Current version is not available for user. Can't find matched carrier. Check NT-Code: 0". I will try to resolve it later.

Finally I have fully translated android system, no U+ logo when booting, no U+ settings or non-removable apps, ability to silnce camera shutter.
The little differences I've noticed so far:
- No VoLTE option (however, I do not suffer from it as I didn't notice any difference in call quality although my carrier supports this technology).
- No FM Radio app pre-installed, but I downloaded it from web and the radio works well.
- When I turn off airplane mode it takes almost 10 second to connect to WiFi! On Korean ROM it connected almost instantly.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TPMJB and Honeytea

animo214

Feb 22, 2017
Thank you OP for the great tutorial,
but I just wanna be sure before going through..
I'm currently running Android 12 V500N40b_00_SKT with bootloader unlocked
Is it possible to crossflash to, say, UK V500EM30c android 11 ?

Do I need to do some extras since it's a roll back or it doesn't matter and just go with the tutorial ?

Thank you very much in advanced! :)

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
Hi.
I have a problem. I cant do cross flash with my LG G8X Sprint. I erase boot a/b, OP_A/B, system_a/b, vendor a/b, modem_a/b, sid_a/b, product_a/b but, when I triying to use LGUP, instant I flash, I have the error 0x6004 CrossDL TOS_US>whatever rom Im triying to installl. I am really sure that I am following the steps to the letter. IDK whats happen with my cell. I tried to reload the backup several times but I dont have good results.
Anyone can help me?
Hi,
Erasing boot, vendor, product and system should be done as a part of the whole process. So, redo the entire guide in addition to erasing those partitions.
Don't forget to create backup.

animo214

Feb 22, 2017
I've done this many times on LG G8 without any issue but on V50 I didn't. You may give it a go, however create backup before going for crossflash.
-------RESOLVED-------

I'm getting this error, SID_A and SID_B unchecked. any idea sir ?

1656330877035.png
1656330977492.png

DONE SUCCESSFULLY!
Thank you once again OP! More powers to you :)

I've rollback to KR_OP 30e first, then cross flashed to UK EM30c ..
and I'm still testing as of now if everything worked out, issue as of now is blank SN..
but it's not that important I guess?? lol.

will update soon!

Last edited:

Bxhxl

Jun 27, 2022
Hi,
Erasing boot, vendor, product and system should be done as a part of the whole process. So, redo the entire guide in addition to erasing those partitions.
Don't forget to create backup.
Thx for the answer.

Yes, I released the guide several times and I have the same problem. This is strange for me 'cuz I've seen many tutorials and anything has my problem.
Can I will post SC of my steps process?

AngryMark

Oct 15, 2012
St. Petersburg
angrymark.ru
Hello.
I have done something stupid with my V500N.

First of all, a month ago i unlocked bootloader and installed PE+. Fastboot says that my device is G850 and have no Download mode.

Now, i wanna to switch back to stock.
Flashed back through QFIL my backup abl,boot,laf.bin's, but only one that changed - is not working correctly Fastboot with device name V500N and still no Download mode.
After that, i flashed back abl_a.bin from bootloader unlock guide and have fully working G850 fastboot again.
But i need stock and download mode...
So, my stupid head decided to follow unbrick guide.

And i flashed everything. Got download mode. Than tried to flash my KT korean kdz by LGUP. But it's refuses to flash, what surprise me, saying that there is crossDL error. Okay. Than i tried to flash by QFIL again my backup files and.. Now it's saying OPID Mismatch and i really scared don't know what to do.
I just wanna korean stock be back...

As i understand - now i need partitions from this kdz to flash them back, because i flashed V450 files. But where to get them? Tried KDZTool, it unpacks, but there is no any abl, boot, laf files.

P.S. I had G2,3,4,5,6 and V30. They are super easy to flash. Why V50 and modern phones becomes so hard to flash...

hooutoo

Apr 17, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale
Afternoon

Looking for a little info. I have a lmv450pm (sprint v50) and as most of you are aware this phone nolonger works in the US. I also have a complete Berkler backup of the phone so I can immediately return to stock if needed. I just installed Lineage 19.1 (a12) and the phone is up and running fine EXCEPT, as usual when I slip my Google Fi (Tmob mvno) sim in it absolutely won't log on to the network. Somehow the Tmob crew have blocked all Sprint v50. I have other phones so I'm not in any hurry but was thinking there must be a way to fool the Tmob network into thinking that this is a G820TM or any other model of the LG G8. As most of you are also aware this phone shares a common Qcom chipset (sm8150) so I'm hoping that the radios aren't to different? Yes, I know that the Sprint v50 is a 5g phone and the G8 not so much but am hoping that is won't kill my experiment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

Surgemanxx

Jun 21, 2022
LG G8X ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Afternoon

Looking for a little info. I have a lmv450pm (sprint v50) and as most of you are aware this phone nolonger works in the US. I also have a complete Berkler backup of the phone so I can immediately return to stock if needed. I just installed Lineage 19.1 (a12) and the phone is up and running fine EXCEPT, as usual when I slip my Google Fi (Tmob mvno) sim in it absolutely won't log on to the network. Somehow the Tmob crew have blocked all Sprint v50. I have other phones so I'm not in any hurry but was thinking there must be a way to fool the Tmob network into thinking that this is a G820TM or any other model of the LG G8. As most of you are also aware this phone shares a common Qcom chipset (sm8150) so I'm hoping that the radios aren't to different? Yes, I know that the Sprint v50 is a 5g phone and the G8 not so much but am hoping that is won't kill my experiment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.
Have you tried crossflashing to the Verizon version of the V50?It's not the fact they're blocking the devices,it's they're blocking custom firmware from being used.It's the same as AT&T has done when they shut down 3g service.It's possible the radios may work,but highly doubt it since it's a different chipset version.

Last edited:

Bxhxl2

Jun 28, 2022
Thx for the answer.

Yes, I released the guide several times and I have the same problem. This is strange for me 'cuz I've seen many tutorials and anything has my problem.
Hi. I replayed this for my secondary account.
I was able to fix my problem with this. I hope I can help.
Apparently the Sprint software didn't allow an update from 10 to 11, I don't know why, but that's what happened to me.
What I did was install an Android 10 rom but from another country. I installed a version from Germany with android 10.
When I resumed wiping the partitions and went to LGUP, the flashing went perfectly. I didn't lose signal.
Now I applied the process but for an Android 11 KDZ of the same nationality, and I am happily writing the solution from the cel with A11.
Remember make a backup of your partitions.
I have a LG G8X.

Spanish

Pude solucinarlo.
Al parecer el software de Sprint no permitía una actualización de 10 a 11, desconozco el por qué, empero así me sucedía.
Lo que hice fue instalar una rom de Android 10 pero de otro país. Yo instalé una versión de Alemania con android 10.
Cuando reanudé el borrado de las particiones y me fui al LGUP, el flasheo pasó perfectamente. No perdí señal.
Ahora apliqué el proceso pero para una KDZ de Android 11 de la misma nacionalidad, y estoy felizmente escribiendo la solución desde el cel con A11.
Espero y sirva de algo.

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
:unsure:
Redo the whole process and erase these partitions too: p_persist_lg, persist, persdata, metadata, userdata. Create backup of all partitions except the "userdata".
The phone must get into download mode right after restarting from EDL mode, so as soon as it restarts hold the vol+.
Yeah, sure.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, Thanks for the awesome guide man! I do have two questions;
    1) Now, what I wanted to ask was that I have an LG G8x 901LG(Japan Softbank Variant) and would I be able to flash to Open_CA or some other kdz because this has A TON, and I mean, A TON of bloat. The reason is that I've not seen someone discuss these variants of lg G8 or G8x on this thread.
    2) Would this also unlock the network as the phone is network locked by softbank and I can'r get in unlocked as I am not in japan. (I got the phone for really really cheap here). I did see some guy mention here that LG fixed that but I've seen some jap phones network unlocked by crossflashing that's why I was asking.

Thanks in advance for any help my dude!
    You're welcome =)
    1. Yes you can crossflash regardless of phone's variant but do not crossflash without creating backup.
    2. No it won't be unlocked by crossflashing.
    And LUN5 will brick it if I crossflash to another device? Is there anypoint in backing that up?
    And can I do the crossflash LUN0-4 even if the receiving device has a different stock ROM (such as AT&T LUNs to a TMobile phone)?
    I've already explained it! LUN5 can be restored on the same original phone not other similar phones and it does not relate to bricking a phone. LUN5 contains identity information of the device which are dynamically encoded by the board number and then hence are not readable on other devices.
    Yes you should make backup of LUN5 and FTM at first step.
    Crossflash and flash are performed automatically on LUN0, LUN1, LUN2 and LUN4 only (in LGUP).
    When we use the phrase "crossflash" it means exactly what you are questioning (att to tmobile) or in general, flashing from any variant source to any different variant destination; using LGUP or Qfil, using flashing methods or backup-restore methods.
    Compile these tutorials, make these codes, and answer our questions 😂 .
    In our culture one who knows about something is obligated and concomitantly obliging to share it with those who don't know.
    Mate good day im one of you follower i have question about using qfil partition because i want to downgrade may v50s from a12 to a11 i already made your tutorial about opid mismatching but when i use qfil it show an error like this "switch to edl mode fail failed to switch to emeegency download mode" can you help me thanks
    Your phone is not detected by the computer. Make sure you're in EDL mode, drivers are installed and connection is correctly established.
    Your phone is not detected by the computer. Make sure you're in EDL mode, drivers are installed and connection is correctly established.
    its okay now mate thank you so much
    Hi there ;)
    Thanks to all other guys here who have made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

To crossflash other models than LG G8 please read post 3.

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
    But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
    I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
    first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
    at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
    QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
    LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
    LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
    LGUP_Common.dll (get)
    UI_Config.lgl (get)
    LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
    1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
    2. Install LGUP.
    3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
    4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder. Change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
    5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
    A)
    1. Open QFIL.
    2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
    3. Select "Flat Build".
    4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
    5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
    6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
    7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
    !!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
    1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
    1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
    1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
    1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
    2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
    3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restart.
    3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
    Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
    1. Open LGUP.
    2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
    3. Select "PARTITION DL".
    4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
    5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
    6. If you are in Sprint or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.

ERRORS, QUESTIONS, TROUBLESHOOTING
    1. Can I crossflash V50, V60, G8X or other LG devices using this method?
    I did it on V50. Maybe it'll work on your devices maybe won't. There's one way to find out; make backup and give it a try.
    2. SN is gone, zero, etc.
    Restore your original FTM.
    3. I can't get into recovery.
    Restore the original FTM.
    4. I got NT-Code error.
    It's been discussed many time in the thread and some solutions have been presented (such as this one, thanks to @animo214). However, you can ignore it if the phone got network.
    5. IMEI is lost, zero, null etc.
    Restore LUN5 partitions. If you have no backup it should be repaired using Octopus box.
    6. I got "permanently locked" error.
    This is because of IMPL lock and you have to restore LUN5 partitions. In case of having no backup you should use Octopus box.
    7. All partitions are deleted accidentally.
    Follow this instructions.
    8. I need to get into PDM mode.
    Unzip and restore the attached PDM to FTM partition. Remember, you need to restore your FTM to get into OS.
    9. Can I use another phone's LUN5 backup?
    NO.
    10. Can I use another phone's FTM backup?
    Yes. All partitions can be restored from another phone's backup except LUN5 partitions.
    11. My phone is stuck in boot-loop.
    Restore the original FTM and if it doesn't help redo the whole crossflash process and use a different KDZ this time.
    12. Which KDZ is the best (for any matter of use)?
    I do not know.
    13. Can I crossflash from any source variant to Korean variant or vice versa?
    Yes it is possible but you may get error on opening stock camera application because of hardware differences. There are some methods to solve the issue which you can search and find them. It is out of topic here.
    14. Can I downgrade using this method?
    Yes.
    Hey good for you, so the Open a11 must be the Kor version right? Either way, could u do a big favor and try to get to recovery? Of course don't erase anything, but just verify you can get to the recovery screen?

thnx!

So, we just got this sorted. Thanks to SGMarkus as he mentioned it's the ftm partition that controls recovery access and fastboot access. So, with the newly flashed kdz, as it is, you can't even get to fasboot although u flashed the eng abl to it.

But! Restore your old ftm, after flashing, and then you'll get access to both recovery and ability to get to fastboot after flashing eng abl.

cheers!
    Some pictures of flashing my LMG820UM, unlocked from Sprint, into OPEN_CA 20j. In normal mode you cannot flash SPR_US to OPEN_CA which is shown in the pictures. But using this thread instruction it allows to flash, even it asks to change the model from SPR_US to OPEN_CA :D
    Until performing the instructions, it shows the "id: 2(SPR_US)" on the Download Mode screen, but after that it cannot recognize the phone model id and shows "id: 0()" :D
    Have fun ^_^
    Thank you vary much @netmsm and @AsltLies , you are life savers =)

I don't know how and what's wrong before, but by following the steps again I can flash with Open Canada firmware now.

Here's my Screen Shots.

Great, very cool. Suggestions though, u might want to mod that pic with your imei in it, people do actually try to steal those sometimes :(

Also, like me, you lost your s/n. Easy to fix that with a hex editor, assuming you have the s/n recorded somewhere. Extract the current ftm partition and at offset 12000 is where you start putting in the s/n. Flash it back and it will show up again.

cheers
    alright, G8x Sprint succesfully crossflashed to OPEN CA :cowboy: