[Tutorial] Crossflash, Bypass OPID Mismatched Error

Search This thread

tofik33`

Jun 19, 2022
Did anyone notice weaker LTE signal after crossflashing? Like I wrote before, I changed from Korean ROM to European ROM and now my LTE signal is usually 2/5 indoor... I flashed again Korean ROM and signal is almost full, usually 4/5 or 5/5.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
This is actually pretty well known. The kor rom displays more bars, but the signal is the same. Find in your settings the info indicating the db of the signal strength, it may be in SVC menu, forget where it is. But you'll find it's no different.

Reactions: tofik33`

tofik33`

Jun 19, 2022
This is actually pretty well known. The kor rom displays more bars, but the signal is the same. Find in your settings the info indicating the db of the signal strength, it may be in SVC menu, forget where it is. But you'll find it's no different.
Hmm, I'm not sure if it's just a visual difference. The signal is -105 db / 35 asu in my V50 and I have another phones with me (same carrier) and one has -94 db / 46 asu and another one 95 db / 45 asu.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
Hmm, I'm not sure if it's just a visual difference. The signal is -105 db / 35 asu in my V50 and I have another phones with me (same carrier) and one has -94 db / 46 asu and another one 95 db / 45 asu.

Comparing diff phones won't help as yer saying it's the rom. So you would have to compare db of one rom with other rom, on same phone.

my take is basically; does the phone still connect and make calls? does it drop with one rom and not the other? If the answer is; it's fine just a low signal indicator, then don't worry, everything is fine.

AngryMark

Oct 15, 2012
St. Petersburg
angrymark.ru
Security reasons, maybe!
Have you tried crossflashing via this thread's method, instead of flashing with QFIL?
Thanks for reply.

Crossflash method is dangerous due to ability to lose IMEI/SN if there is no backup files if something will go wrong. As i understand, also after that the NT Code error will pop up and you will need to do something with it. And there is replies that this method also degrades network signal, so...

So, i found another solution.
My best friend have same V500N variant, so i connected his phone to QFIL, dump all necessary files from it one to one with original unbrick guide files list, used the same XML files from that guide and flash all of this to my phone trought QFIL (load xml and press "download"). Now the phone is fully working as it was before! Yay!

Maybe i will post my guide and all files for fully unbrick V500N.

Last edited:

Surgemanxx

Jun 21, 2022
LG G8X ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Thanks for reply.

Crossflash method is dangerous due to ability to lose IMEI/SN if there is no backup files if something will go wrong. As i understand, also after that the NT Code error will pop up and you will need to do something with it. And there is replies that this method also degrades network signal, so...

So, i found another solution.
My best friend have same V500N variant, so i connected his phone to QFIL, dump all necessary files from it one to one with original unbrick guide files list, used the same XML files from that guide and flash all of this to my phone trought QFIL (load xml and press "download"). Now the phone is fully working as it was before! Yay!

Maybe i will post my guide and all files for fully unbrick V500N.
As long as you don't modify anything in the LUNS5 partition group,you won't lose your IMEI.In any of these guides,it clearly states to always make a full backup before you attempt anything if something goes wrong.

animo214

Feb 22, 2017
Did anyone notice weaker LTE signal after crossflashing? Like I wrote before, I changed from Korean ROM to European ROM and now my LTE signal is usually 2/5 indoor... I flashed again Korean ROM and signal is almost full, usually 4/5 or 5/5.
noticed the same thing, but when I tried to browse and do speed test ..
my v50 (kr crossflashed to em) 3/5 bars signal got 50+ mbps speed
compared to my v35(kr stock) 5/5 bars 20+ mbps speed.

these results were the same before crossflashing my v50 having 5/5 bars.. so I think, yea maybe it's just a visual bug or that the kr roms are just showing full bars even though it's supposed to show less.

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Samsung Galaxy S10
noticed the same thing, but when I tried to browse and do speed test ..
my v50 (kr crossflashed to em) 3/5 bars signal got 50+ mbps speed
compared to my v35(kr stock) 5/5 bars 20+ mbps speed.

these results were the same before crossflashing my v50 having 5/5 bars.. so I think, yea maybe it's just a visual bug or that the kr roms are just showing full bars even though it's supposed to show less.

You can actually prove that pretty easily. It's a specific xml file (forget the name at the moment) that determines how many bars to display re signal range. I've taken the specific xml file from kor rom and replaced the one on us op rom with it.

boom, then you have all the bars showing just like the kor rom. It's a head fake.

edit to add: It's the rssi.xml file. If you just simply compare that file from the 2 roms, you can easily see what db ranges results in what bars to display. The kor rom is very generous in that regard.

Reactions: animo214

ozakio

Jun 30, 2022
Hello there, i have v50 5g (lm v500n) korea region, i unlocked the bootloader then install twrp then rootedt he phone
(am not sure if restored original abl_a & abl_b after unlocking, also i remember it was slot_-b on yellow in fastboot mode but am not very sure of this)
also the phone transformed to lm g850n.
i entered twrp to install pixel experience rom
i installed it on slot_a & then reboot to slot b and rooted the phone there
(maybe i rooted on both a & b)
then the phone worked fine for like 1 mounth & someday the battery level get to 5% and the phone shutted down after a while, the battey was like 4 or 3 and i stared to get bootloop, the phone reach google logo & reboot again & again
i tried to wipe data and cash, i tried to factory reset, i tried to reinstall the custom rom i get the same bootloop
i flashed the original firmware using LGUP (the phone is detected as v500n not g850n also its v500n on fastboot mode), the problem didnt solved, i still get to the erasing screen then the 5g logo dosent complete then reboot some times like this, then the phone start go to fastboot mode after the erasing screen.
i tried to restore abl and boot a and b from extracted kdz files the flash again but i face the same problem
i tried to restore this images:
xbl, xbl_config, xbl, xbl_config, tz, hyp, boot, cmnlib, cmnlib64, abl, raw_Resources, laf, all both a and b from the extracted images of the official kdz
then i tried to flash again but nothing changed.
the phone still able to get into fastboot or download mode or edl
i was going to try this methode by using this firmware
its for v500em not 500n android 12 and diffrent region
can this help??????
please reply..

Surgemanxx

Jun 21, 2022
LG G8X ThinQ
LG V60 ThinQ
Hello there, i have v50 5g (lm v500n) korea region, i unlocked the bootloader then install twrp then rootedt he phone
(am not sure if restored original abl_a & abl_b after unlocking, also i remember it was slot_-b on yellow in fastboot mode but am not very sure of this)
also the phone transformed to lm g850n.
i entered twrp to install pixel experience rom
i installed it on slot_a & then reboot to slot b and rooted the phone there
(maybe i rooted on both a & b)
then the phone worked fine for like 1 mounth & someday the battery level get to 5% and the phone shutted down after a while, the battey was like 4 or 3 and i stared to get bootloop, the phone reach google logo & reboot again & again
i tried to wipe data and cash, i tried to factory reset, i tried to reinstall the custom rom i get the same bootloop
i flashed the original firmware using LGUP (the phone is detected as v500n not g850n also its v500n on fastboot mode), the problem didnt solved, i still get to the erasing screen then the 5g logo dosent complete then reboot some times like this, then the phone start go to fastboot mode after the erasing screen.
i tried to restore abl and boot a and b from extracted kdz files the flash again but i face the same problem
i tried to restore this images:
xbl, xbl_config, xbl, xbl_config, tz, hyp, boot, cmnlib, cmnlib64, abl, raw_Resources, laf, all both a and b from the extracted images of the official kdz
then i tried to flash again but nothing changed.
the phone still able to get into fastboot or download mode or edl
i was going to try this methode by using this firmware
its for v500em not 500n android 12 and diffrent region
can this help??????
please reply..
Here is the open factory A12 firmware for the V500n variant.This should bring it back to stock.

ozakio

Jun 30, 2022
Here is the open factory A12 firmware for the V500n variant.This should bring it back to stock.

i did the methode in this thread step by step first the flash reach only 4% the i erase system, vendor, product, boot (a and b) and flash partion dl mode the flash goas normal but this time am stuck on lg v50 screen didnt even reach U+5G screen,
i did it with this one
V500EM40b_00_OPEN_EU_OP_0517 (android 12) for v500em,
now i go back to original android 11,
i think the reason of the prblem is that when unlocking bootloader i used modified abl for g8x not v50 and i didnt put back original abls, thats why the model number transformed to g850n intead of v500n, then i flash custom rom and i get the bootloop problem while the abl files in the phone still the g8x's files, this is a screenshot i took just before installing pixel rom.
279306427_397446215320826_8009200805001381143_n.jpg

i tried to put back abl from v50 firmware, nothing help,
i dont know if i should put g8x original abl or boot images, i really dont know and am afraid to brocke it totally!
(a friend me that this is maybe fixable with jtag)

is it useful to flash with this open v500n a12 firmware and do i flash with refurbish proccess or partition dl, or there is other solution???

ozakio

Jun 30, 2022
🔼🔼
(the phone was g850n in model number but still dtected as v500n in lgup and in fastbootmode)

Last edited:

digiciber

Jun 11, 2010
Lima
Tengo 2 LG V40 desbloqueados usados de eBay; V405UA20g y V405UA20e. Los crucé a V405QA20e. No se esperaban ganancias porque los 2 originales ya tienen volte y llamadas wifi en T-Mobile. La versión "abierta" con flash posterior tiene las mismas cosas. Pero "perdí" los números de serie y "gané" fastboot sin error de comando en ambos teléfonos. Busqué el ftm.bin guardado y no encontré ningún número de serie (puede ser que el vendedor le haya hecho algo al teléfono). Lección: la gente debería anotar el número de serie antes de parpadear.
P:
1. ¿Cómo puedo "encontrar" el número de serie?
2. ¿Cómo solucionar el problema de fastboot sin comando?

Editar: he cruzado un LG G8x de G850UA A10 a G850QA A11 con el número de serie y la función de arranque rápido intactos.
on this page placing the imei in the lg free inf section gives you all the data including the S/N to restore it https://sickw.com/

digiciber

Jun 11, 2010
Lima
A previous query was with A10 from the company T-Mobile, I did crossflashing with the Canadian version to A11, I want to go back to the A11 version but from T-Mobile to do this I must do the procedure as a normal crossflashing or do I have to do some step additional since I am rereseando to the stock version. Thank you. another query that kdz korean version recommend.

Bahmale

Nov 25, 2021
LG Velvet
00014000 is correct like I sent you with the ftm copy.But,it's embedded in the chipset it's been changed in the past.That's where the permalock is coming from.So far,I haven't found a way around it as of yet.Like I said,we're doing it with the V60 and it has the same error so far.
No I test write lg v60 imei and work find , but lg g8x can write imei and when put sim permlock but imei still show fine

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Might help someone with NT-Code problem
    (I'm not an expert or anything, just a dumdum who happened to fix his problem, hopefully yours too)
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!
    am also not sure if a tutorial like this already exists, or this is a common knowledge for everyone else
    I can't find something similar.. again.. just a dumdum :D

**ROOT NEEDED**
    this is presuming you're already rooted (the app used needs root permission)
    you'll need Solid Explorer app, give it permission (I think you can use other root explorer but this is what worked for me)

I experimented and just added a Line on
    cust_path_mapping.cfg

FFFFFF,61=/product/OP
    ^
    this is the line I added (which worked for me)
    try rebooting after adding this line, and see if you still get the NT error, if not anymore.. then CONGRATULATIONS!
    if you're still getting error, then try replacing the number based on the error you're getting.

again, I'm not an expert.. this may or may not help you on your error..
    sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue.

see attached pics for guide/reference and file path.
    after that i can unroot and use my phone normally right ? another question how can i get rid of nt code error on boot ? thank you
    For NT-Code error read this.
    Yes you can unroot, but bootloader should remain unlocked.
    Remember, before modifying the phone you need to disable verity or else modification won't work.
    From official sprint g850um to open ca g85030a to g850v40a.
    Ok nice thinking of moving to EMw a12 too from att um
    I restored the FTM but no luck, what could be the next step? I don't mind going back to stock ROM as long the SIM works at least. I did backup for these partitions only FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B
    Your luck is as good as mine. A full backup is needed to restore to stock Sprint. Find someone who can give you a backup of all partitions. Here it is explained how to create a full backup and restore it.
    Otherwise, the phone should be unlocked using Octopus box.
    @netmsm Hey whats up, long time no see. We talked some months ago when I was trying to crossflash a Mediatek powered LG K51.
    Well I finally figured out how to crossflash on LG Mediatek devices. You get the phone into BROM mode and just erase both OP_a and OP_b partitions, and LGUP will let you flash any firmware you want. I successfully flashed Korean LG Q31 Android 11 firmware onto a Spectrum Mobile LG K31 that had Android 10.

It's still risky to crossflash because I then hard bricked a Spectrum LG Stylo 6 by trying to crossflash it to LG K71 Android 12 firmware. Something somehow went wrong and I had to use SP flash tool to unbrick it.
    20220808_1409482.jpg
    Hi there ;)
    Thanks to all other guys here who have made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
    But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
    I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
    first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
    at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
    QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
    LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
    LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
    LGUP_Common.dll (get)
    UI_Config.lgl (get)
    LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
    1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
    2. Install LGUP.
    3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
    4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder. Change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
    5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
    A)
    1. Open QFIL.
    2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
    3. Select "Flat Build".
    4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
    5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
    6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
    7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
    !!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
    1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
    1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
    1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
    1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
    2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
    3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restart.
    3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
    Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
    1. Open LGUP.
    2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
    3. Select "PARTITION DL".
    4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
    5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
    6. If you are in Sprint or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.
    Hey good for you, so the Open a11 must be the Kor version right? Either way, could u do a big favor and try to get to recovery? Of course don't erase anything, but just verify you can get to the recovery screen?

thnx!

So, we just got this sorted. Thanks to SGMarkus as he mentioned it's the ftm partition that controls recovery access and fastboot access. So, with the newly flashed kdz, as it is, you can't even get to fasboot although u flashed the eng abl to it.

But! Restore your old ftm, after flashing, and then you'll get access to both recovery and ability to get to fastboot after flashing eng abl.

cheers!
    Some pictures of flashing my LMG820UM, unlocked from Sprint, into OPEN_CA 20j. In normal mode you cannot flash SPR_US to OPEN_CA which is shown in the pictures. But using this thread instruction it allows to flash, even it asks to change the model from SPR_US to OPEN_CA :D
    Until performing the instructions, it shows the "id: 2(SPR_US)" on the Download Mode screen, but after that it cannot recognize the phone model id and shows "id: 0()" :D
    Have fun ^_^
    Thank you vary much @netmsm and @AsltLies , you are life savers =)

I don't know how and what's wrong before, but by following the steps again I can flash with Open Canada firmware now.

Here's my Screen Shots.

Great, very cool. Suggestions though, u might want to mod that pic with your imei in it, people do actually try to steal those sometimes :(

Also, like me, you lost your s/n. Easy to fix that with a hex editor, assuming you have the s/n recorded somewhere. Extract the current ftm partition and at offset 12000 is where you start putting in the s/n. Flash it back and it will show up again.

cheers
    alright, G8x Sprint succesfully crossflashed to OPEN CA :cowboy: