[Tutorial] Crossflash, Bypass OPID Mismatched Error

Search This thread

IIzoriaII

Jul 18, 2022
Primero, use los puertos USB traseros.
En segundo lugar, una vez que el teléfono entre en EDL, abra rápidamente el administrador de particiones y no se demore.
I already did it try changing ports use laptop windows 11 and pc windows 10 different ports deactivated driver verification I get the same error sahara

merrol10

May 31, 2020
Hi, I flashed my LG-850UM to G850EMW40A (A12) I am from the Dominican Republic but now my phone says ''Network Locked'' I have a friend who has the same Sprint variant as me, he flashed and does not have any issues, any thoughts on what could possibly be the issue? now I know how hard it's to get the Sprint A10 kdz

Thanks a lot in advance.

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
Hi, I flashed my LG-850UM to G850EMW40A (A12) I am from the Dominican Republic but now my phone says ''Network Locked'' I have a friend who has the same Sprint variant as me, he flashed and does not have any issues, any thoughts on what could possibly be the issue? now I know how hard it's to get the Sprint A10 kdz

Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi =)
It seems your phone is network locked, especially if LUN5 is intact and you can see the phone's IMEI. The phone should be restored to Sprint ROM or get unlocked using Octopus box. Just to test your luck, try restoring original FTM.

merrol10

May 31, 2020
Hi =)
It seems your phone is network locked, especially if LUN5 is intact and you can see the phone's IMEI. The phone should be restored to Sprint ROM or get unlocked using Octopus box. Just to test your luck, try restoring original FTM.
I restored the FTM but no luck, what could be the next step? I don't mind going back to stock ROM as long the SIM works at least. I did backup for these partitions only FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B

animo214

Feb 22, 2017
Might help someone with NT-Code problem
(I'm not an expert or anything, just a dumdum who happened to fix his problem, hopefully yours too)
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!
am also not sure if a tutorial like this already exists, or this is a common knowledge for everyone else
I can't find something similar.. again.. just a dumdum :D

**ROOT NEEDED**
this is presuming you're already rooted (the app used needs root permission)
you'll need Solid Explorer app, give it permission (I think you can use other root explorer but this is what worked for me)

I experimented and just added a Line on
cust_path_mapping.cfg

FFFFFF,61=/product/OP
^
this is the line I added (which worked for me)
try rebooting after adding this line, and see if you still get the NT error, if not anymore.. then CONGRATULATIONS!
if you're still getting error, then try replacing the number based on the error you're getting.

again, I'm not an expert.. this may or may not help you on your error..
sorry for my english, it's not my mother tongue.

see attached pics for guide/reference and file path.

Attachments

• 1.png
    5.2 MB · Views: 101
  • 2.png
    2 MB · Views: 90
  • 3.png
    640.4 KB · Views: 74

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
I restored the FTM but no luck, what could be the next step? I don't mind going back to stock ROM as long the SIM works at least. I did backup for these partitions only FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B
Your luck is as good as mine. A full backup is needed to restore to stock Sprint. Find someone who can give you a backup of all partitions. Here it is explained how to create a full backup and restore it.
Otherwise, the phone should be unlocked using Octopus box.

Reactions: Honeytea

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
Your luck is as good as mine. A full backup is needed to restore to stock Sprint. Find someone who can give you a backup of all partitions. Here it is explained how to create a full backup and restore it.
Otherwise, the phone should be unlocked using Octopus box.
Hello everyone, I wanted to know if you can advise me I have an LG LM-G820UM with software G820U21f (A10) Brand says (Sprint) although when it starts or shuts down no Sprint logo appears and when I click on search for updates none appears, I wanted to make a cross flash of LG 8X (A12) what region or KDZ file do you recommend?

Cposey40

Jul 29, 2022
I crossflashed my unlocked att g8x to open ca 20j but cannot make calls now. Text works but I cannot make calls. Not sure why

Emmy_inkk

Aug 2, 2022
My model is g850EMW and after a bad flashing I believe, my phone now shows up as g850UM and I used this method to flash it back but it doesn't change model. I flashed my original firmware (g850EMW DEU version). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: My second IMEI number is also missing

Last edited:

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
My model is g850EMW and after a bad flashing I believe, my phone now shows up as g850UM and I used this method to flash it back but it doesn't change model. I flashed my original firmware (g850EMW DEU version). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Edit: My second IMEI number is also missing
G850EMW is dual sim which will lose second IMEI when it is flashed to another singular sim version.
1. Flash the original dual sim firmware.
2. Create backup of all partitions in LUN5 (modemst1, modemst2, fsg and fsc) using Qfil.
3. Erase modemst1 and modemst2.
4. Restart the phone.
It should now show the second IMEI.

Reactions: Emmy_inkk

felixpaz1992

May 18, 2014
This isn't any help, but my experience is also that the nt-error issues go pretty deep. I cross flashed my sprint device to us open a11, and tried to edit the value in the svc menu, didn't do it correctly and ended up with a 'no service', even though before edit everything worked but just nt-code error.

So I cross flashed it again, deleted all partitions possible first. Same problem, didn't fix the 'no service'! Had to use the bkerler complete backup of my original sprint firmware to get the 'no service' back to normal. Then cross flashed and edited cust_path and fixed the nt-code error that way.

If you don't have a complete backup, I'm not sure what you can do, sorry to say. There is a thread in guides about adding VOlte modem configurations that might help though.
Hello and sorry for the inconvenience but could you guide me how to eliminate the annoying NT Code message, I have a backup of my stock ROM (Sprint) how do I find out the Sprint NT code and how do I edit cust-patch?

Emmy_inkk

Aug 2, 2022
G850EMW is dual sim which will lose second IMEI when it is flashed to another singular sim version.
1. Flash the original dual sim firmware.
2. Create backup of all partitions in LUN5 (modemst1, modemst2, fsg and fsc) using Qfil.
3. Erase modemst1 and modemst2.
4. Restart the phone.
It should now show the second IMEI.
I'm grateful for the reply thanks again. But unfortunately for me, this did not work for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here honestly. I'll keep on trying to see if I can find a solution. Thanks again and if you have any other thing for me to try I will.

Edit: I was thinking I was flashing wrong stock rom, but I searched with my IMEI number and it shows G850EMW(DEU). So now I'm left confused.

Last edited:

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
I'm grateful for the reply thanks again. But unfortunately for me, this did not work for me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here honestly. I'll keep on trying to see if I can find a solution. Thanks again and if you have any other thing for me to try I will.

Edit: I was thinking I was flashing wrong stock rom, but I searched with my IMEI number and it shows G850EMW(DEU). So now I'm left confused.
Glad to help =)
What does it show when you dial *#06#?

Reactions: Emmy_inkk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, Thanks for the awesome guide man! I do have two questions;
    1) Now, what I wanted to ask was that I have an LG G8x 901LG(Japan Softbank Variant) and would I be able to flash to Open_CA or some other kdz because this has A TON, and I mean, A TON of bloat. The reason is that I've not seen someone discuss these variants of lg G8 or G8x on this thread.
    2) Would this also unlock the network as the phone is network locked by softbank and I can'r get in unlocked as I am not in japan. (I got the phone for really really cheap here). I did see some guy mention here that LG fixed that but I've seen some jap phones network unlocked by crossflashing that's why I was asking.

Thanks in advance for any help my dude!
    You're welcome =)
    1. Yes you can crossflash regardless of phone's variant but do not crossflash without creating backup.
    2. No it won't be unlocked by crossflashing.
    And LUN5 will brick it if I crossflash to another device? Is there anypoint in backing that up?
    And can I do the crossflash LUN0-4 even if the receiving device has a different stock ROM (such as AT&T LUNs to a TMobile phone)?
    I've already explained it! LUN5 can be restored on the same original phone not other similar phones and it does not relate to bricking a phone. LUN5 contains identity information of the device which are dynamically encoded by the board number and then hence are not readable on other devices.
    Yes you should make backup of LUN5 and FTM at first step.
    Crossflash and flash are performed automatically on LUN0, LUN1, LUN2 and LUN4 only (in LGUP).
    When we use the phrase "crossflash" it means exactly what you are questioning (att to tmobile) or in general, flashing from any variant source to any different variant destination; using LGUP or Qfil, using flashing methods or backup-restore methods.
    Compile these tutorials, make these codes, and answer our questions 😂 .
    In our culture one who knows about something is obligated and concomitantly obliging to share it with those who don't know.
    Mate good day im one of you follower i have question about using qfil partition because i want to downgrade may v50s from a12 to a11 i already made your tutorial about opid mismatching but when i use qfil it show an error like this "switch to edl mode fail failed to switch to emeegency download mode" can you help me thanks
    Your phone is not detected by the computer. Make sure you're in EDL mode, drivers are installed and connection is correctly established.
    Your phone is not detected by the computer. Make sure you're in EDL mode, drivers are installed and connection is correctly established.
    its okay now mate thank you so much
    Hi there ;)
    Thanks to all other guys here who have made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

To crossflash other models than LG G8 please read post 3.

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
    But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
    I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
    first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
    at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
    QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
    LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
    LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
    LGUP_Common.dll (get)
    UI_Config.lgl (get)
    LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
    1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
    2. Install LGUP.
    3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
    4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder. Change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
    5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
    A)
    1. Open QFIL.
    2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
    3. Select "Flat Build".
    4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
    5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
    6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
    7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
    !!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
    1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
    1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
    1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
    1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
    2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
    3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restart.
    3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
    Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
    1. Open LGUP.
    2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
    3. Select "PARTITION DL".
    4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
    5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
    6. If you are in Sprint or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.

ERRORS, QUESTIONS, TROUBLESHOOTING
    1. Can I crossflash V50, V60, G8X or other LG devices using this method?
    I did it on V50. Maybe it'll work on your devices maybe won't. There's one way to find out; make backup and give it a try.
    2. SN is gone, zero, etc.
    Restore your original FTM.
    3. I can't get into recovery.
    Restore the original FTM.
    4. I got NT-Code error.
    It's been discussed many time in the thread and some solutions have been presented (such as this one, thanks to @animo214). However, you can ignore it if the phone got network.
    5. IMEI is lost, zero, null etc.
    Restore LUN5 partitions. If you have no backup it should be repaired using Octopus box.
    6. I got "permanently locked" error.
    This is because of IMPL lock and you have to restore LUN5 partitions. In case of having no backup you should use Octopus box.
    7. All partitions are deleted accidentally.
    Follow this instructions.
    8. I need to get into PDM mode.
    Unzip and restore the attached PDM to FTM partition. Remember, you need to restore your FTM to get into OS.
    9. Can I use another phone's LUN5 backup?
    NO.
    10. Can I use another phone's FTM backup?
    Yes. All partitions can be restored from another phone's backup except LUN5 partitions.
    11. My phone is stuck in boot-loop.
    Restore the original FTM and if it doesn't help redo the whole crossflash process and use a different KDZ this time.
    12. Which KDZ is the best (for any matter of use)?
    I do not know.
    13. Can I crossflash from any source variant to Korean variant or vice versa?
    Yes it is possible but you may get error on opening stock camera application because of hardware differences. There are some methods to solve the issue which you can search and find them. It is out of topic here.
    14. Can I downgrade using this method?
    Yes.
    Hey good for you, so the Open a11 must be the Kor version right? Either way, could u do a big favor and try to get to recovery? Of course don't erase anything, but just verify you can get to the recovery screen?

thnx!

So, we just got this sorted. Thanks to SGMarkus as he mentioned it's the ftm partition that controls recovery access and fastboot access. So, with the newly flashed kdz, as it is, you can't even get to fasboot although u flashed the eng abl to it.

But! Restore your old ftm, after flashing, and then you'll get access to both recovery and ability to get to fastboot after flashing eng abl.

cheers!
    Some pictures of flashing my LMG820UM, unlocked from Sprint, into OPEN_CA 20j. In normal mode you cannot flash SPR_US to OPEN_CA which is shown in the pictures. But using this thread instruction it allows to flash, even it asks to change the model from SPR_US to OPEN_CA :D
    Until performing the instructions, it shows the "id: 2(SPR_US)" on the Download Mode screen, but after that it cannot recognize the phone model id and shows "id: 0()" :D
    Have fun ^_^
    Thank you vary much @netmsm and @AsltLies , you are life savers =)

I don't know how and what's wrong before, but by following the steps again I can flash with Open Canada firmware now.

Here's my Screen Shots.

Great, very cool. Suggestions though, u might want to mod that pic with your imei in it, people do actually try to steal those sometimes :(

Also, like me, you lost your s/n. Easy to fix that with a hex editor, assuming you have the s/n recorded somewhere. Extract the current ftm partition and at offset 12000 is where you start putting in the s/n. Flash it back and it will show up again.

cheers
    alright, G8x Sprint succesfully crossflashed to OPEN CA :cowboy: