• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Tutorial] Crossflash, Bypass OPID Mismatched Error

Search This thread

slashduff

Oct 24, 2021
Hi =)
Please give me screenshot from "Download Mode" before and after performing "part B" instructions.
Before
IMG_20211024_164249724.jpg

After
IMG_20211024_165009486.jpg

For some reason, deleting the seven partitions didn't delete the download mode ID. It's still 3(SPR_US)

Last edited:

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
For some reason, deleting the seven partitions didn't delete the download mode ID. It's still 3(SPR_US)
It's weird!
Try erasing these on both sides a and b: vendor, product, system and boot in addition to erasing ftm, modem, sid and op on both sides a and b one more time.
Before erasing create backup.
Consider that the phone should immediately get into "Download Mode" after restarting from EDL so quickly release Vol- and Power and press Vol+ after restart.

nedthehead

Feb 19, 2011
I am looking to try this tonight. I have an LGM850UM with the AT&T firmware that I'm looking to bring over to the Canadian firmware. I have two questions:

Is the LGE SM8150 Firehose safe to use with my model of G8X?
I assume this link is for the Canadian Version of Android 11 that was released recently. Would this be the correct KMZ to use for my phone?

Thanks!

cooledi

Mar 1, 2009
LG G8
we still cannot flash a modified OP partition on locked BL right? Just wondering because i'd like to get volte working by a modified op
this guide doesn't work anymore for you?

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
is there a way to use LGUP to flash the whole ROM excluding the OP parititions? Thinking of doing a OPEN_EU ROM phone with the Korean U+ OP
Do as this thread says for how to flash all partitions except SIDs. I don't know what will happen after doing this, however you can just give it a try and it'd be good if you then inform us of the result =)

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
It's work on my spirnt g8x android 10 , now i can covert to g8x CAN ver . Tks so much. Buti lost my SN number.

that's pretty easy to get back, assuming u have it written down or u have the original ftm partition.

I got mine back by restoring the original ftm partition. Another way would be to take the ftm partition on there now (if u didn't back it up), and use a hex editor to put the s/n in it at offset position 12000. Save it and flash it back.

It's not critical, it doesn't really affect anything not being there, but it's kind of 'nice to have' it show up.

cheers

Reactions: truongtoan1994

cooledi

Mar 1, 2009
LG G8
Thanks netmsm/asltlies for this guide/help, I did manage to flash a um ->qm (wanna try Amazon)

Now i have few questions, thanks for answering in advanced.

1. I bought g8 from tb web, the imei is zero, seller gave me a legit one back. How do I flash imei back to the phone? Is there a offset file like serial no.?

2. If I want to go back to original um kdz, do I have to redo the guide again to be safe? (Obviously I don't need to backup as I've already the partitions)

3. The guide say backup and erase 5 partitions, but the list have 7. I bk & erased all 7, shouldn't affect anything, right?

4. Is it possible to flash a10 kor n rom, then ota to a11? IF that's possible, is it impossible to get back to a10 rom?

Thx

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
1. I bought g8 from tb web, the imei is zero, seller gave me a legit one back. How do I flash imei back to the phone? Is there a offset file like serial no.?
IMEI can be repaired using Octopus box only which costs some credits. When IMEI is 0 it means that modemst1 and modemst2 and fsg are gone. These partitions contain the new LG lock that allows modem partition to detect sim. Without the lock I'm not sure that IMEI repair can be successful.
However, sometime data in modemst1 and modemst2 may corrupt resulting in IMEI null or 0. In this case it is suggested to backup modemst1, modemst2 and fsg then erase modemst1 and modemst2 only. If the problem is data corruption then the original data will be restored from fsg automatically.
2. If I want to go back to original um kdz, do I have to redo the guide again to be safe? (Obviously I don't need to backup as I've already the partitions)
If you have the original KDZ it is not necessary to create a backup.
3. The guide say backup and erase 5 partitions, but the list have 7. I bk & erased all 7, shouldn't affect anything, right?
That 5 was a typographical garble =) 7 is correct.
4. Is it possible to flash a10 kor n rom, then ota to a11?
I didn't try it yet but there should be no problem.
IF that's possible, is it impossible to get back to a10 rom?
It's possible to roll back to a10.

Reactions: cooledi

cooledi

Mar 1, 2009
LG G8
IMEI can be repaired using Octopus box only which costs some credits. When IMEI is 0 it means that modemst1 and modemst2 and fsg are gone. These partitions contain the new LG lock that allows modem partition to detect sim. Without the lock I'm not sure that IMEI repair can be successful.
However, sometime data in modemst1 and modemst2 may corrupt resulting in IMEI null or 0. In this case it is suggested to backup modemst1, modemst2 and fsg then erase modemst1 and modemst2 only. If the problem is data corruption then the original data will be restored from fsg automatically.
I've just tried erasing the modemst1&2 without success, so probably not data corruption... But the phone still works 100% and detecting sim OK.

Also, is there a way to tell if my g8 is a frankenstein phone? i.e. firmware come with um, but the hardware might not be, right?

Last edited:

cooledi

Mar 1, 2009
LG G8
So, try EFS Professional to write IMEI.

Check it with LG Bridge.
Yes, I will probably try vrz rom method code ##7764726710 to repair EFS in the future. But as the phone is working 100% with network, I will hold on until I have a problem with imei=0, thanks.

In LG bridge, the phone shows [msmnile] 633A B64 Official /E/L/RO/id: 0() and description is QM as it had been cross flash already, so I guessed I can't check real h/w of the phone?

Finally, which rom do you think is most versatile to flash for g8? I mean like one that has the most bandbase support, etc.?

thx

Last edited:

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
Yes, I will probably try vrz rom method code ##7764726710 to repair EFS in the future.
That code is for LG G7, the proper code for LG G8 is ##7764726820 to get into hidden menu where you can enable "port check test". It is not necessary to have VRZ rom rather you can enable "port check test" on other roms too but the code to get into hidden menu is different. On Open_CA try *#546368#*820# then go to "SVC menu" and find "port check test" option.
But as the phone is working 100% with network, I will hold on until I have a problem with imei=0, thanks.
Does it mean that your phone is crazy? How is this possible to have network with IMEI=0?! Did I miss something?!
In LG bridge, the phone shows [msmnile] 633A B64 Official /E/L/RO/id: 0() and description is QM as it had been cross flash already, so I guessed I can't check real h/w of the phone?
Try flashing all partitions. Do not uncheck SID partitions. If it persists, then I guess you lost "device id". Also you can check "device id" using "tutty" - attached file. Select "Serial" in "Protocol" and choose the proper port number in "port". You can find the correct port number in device manager under "modem". Then hit "open" and a terminal window will be appeared. Type "at" and hit enter you should get "OK", it for testing if it works. You should get a 65 character string for the command "at%deviceid=?" and a 17 character one for "at%info=?". Here you can write your IMEI too with the command "at%imei='your IMEI number'".
Note: To get "tutty" to work, the "port check test" needs to be enabled.
Finally, which rom do you think is most versatile to flash for g8? I mean like one that has the most bandbase support, etc.?
Sorry, I don't know. I'm in Persia where there isn't much in the way of different vast bands and so I was never after band support things.

Attachments

• tutty-0.60.2.0.zip
    784.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: cooledi

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
Yes, I will probably try vrz rom method code ##7764726710 to repair EFS in the future. But as the phone is working 100% with network, I will hold on until I have a problem with imei=0, thanks.

thx

The rom with the most bands would be us open, but it's at a10 and may not ever be updated to a11 (if that matters to you).

How did u lose imei? if it was the result of crossflashing, then, in the past anyway, people have had success seeing it again in settings by adding the imei to the ftm partition (I believe it goes at position 0000d000).

cheers

elaz2b

Mar 17, 2017
Hi there ;)
Thanks to all other guys here who has made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
LGUP_Common.dll (get)
UI_Config.lgl (get)
LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
2. Install LGUP.
3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder.
5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
A)
1. Open QFIL.
2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
3. Select "Flat Build".
4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
!!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BREAK THE PHONE!!!
1. Make a backup of and erase these 5 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restart.
3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
1. Open LGUP.
2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
3. Select "PARTITION DL".
4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
6. If you are in Spring or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.
I would like to know the following:
(1) first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!! How, exactly, does one make this full backup? How does it get restored if needed?
(2) 1. Make a backup of and erase these 5 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B. What does this mean, exactly? What tool is being used for this?
(3)If you are in Spring or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =). I do not know what to do. It is not helpful to write such a vague, obtuse instruction.

• Angry
Reactions: vovakum

AsItLies

Nov 4, 2009
tucson
Google Pixel 3
(1) first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!! How, exactly, does one make this full backup? How does it get restored if needed?
(2) 1. Make a backup of and erase these 5 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B. What does this mean, exactly? What tool is being used for this?
(3)If you are in Spring or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =). I do not know what to do. It is not helpful to write such a vague, obtuse instruction.

I don't speak for netmsm, and he's more than capable of doing that himself.

But, for myself, I just wanted to say I think your comments are very unfair. 1st) The guide does say exactly how to back up those partitions, you, obviously, just don't recognize that, and probably thus have no idea what the utilities mentioned in the guide do. (hint: see where qualcomm and qfil are mentioned - just before 'make a backup'.

2nd) If u don't understand something in the guide, read the comments others have made, because it's possible someone else has already asked that question. Re the 'Of course u know what to do', you'll find others have said they got that pop-up, and others didn't. From that u can deduce, it's not **critical**. And, if anything, u realize it's kind of a joke... as in 'who want's a sprint phone anyway?' Get it?

There's no reason to be disparaging because u can't follow a guide without having to do any thinking at all. Sometimes, a guide can be 'over our head'. I.E. u just don't have enough experience in this area. Remember, a guide writer faces a dilemma; how to get the information across, succinctly, without becoming too verbose. Too verbose and the guide becomes a book, and most of us that write guides have no desire to spend the time it takes to write a book.

If u don't understand, ask questions, but don't be disparaging. We should all be thankful netmsm even bothered to take the time to write this!

cheers

Reactions: vovakum and netmsm

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
If u don't understand, ask questions, but don't be disparaging. We should all be thankful netmsm even bothered to take the time to write this!
Thanks friend 🙏👍
I've benefited from XDA's guides, tools, etc. and I've been always thankful for all their benevolence. I feel obliged to share what I know with others here. This is the manner I was taught in this forum.

cooledi

Mar 1, 2009
LG G8
The rom with the most bands would be us open, but it's at a10 and may not ever be updated to a11 (if that matters to you).

How did u lose imei? if it was the result of crossflashing, then, in the past anyway, people have had success seeing it again in settings by adding the imei to the ftm partition (I believe it goes at position 0000d000).

cheers
V50 A11 just out, so us open will be soon too? why do u think there won't be any a11 for USA/ca?

na, I didn't lose imei, it was sold to me with imei=0 , seller did gave me a unique um one back though, that's why I want to try to write it back. Will rooting the phone make it more easy to write imei?

Top Liked Posts

I tried all the steps, flashing was going well and it did allowed me to change the model from sprint to korean A11, but after reboot it says OPID mismatch!... what's wrong with this? anyone have sprint 20j kdz?

sure I had unchecked sid_a and sid_b

So sprint doesn't make their kdz available. No one has it, it doesn't exist. As the OP says, if something goes wrong, just redo the entire process, that way you can be 100% u uncheck sid_(a b).

Should note though, some people did run into probs like yours and netmsm indicated to also erase vendor, product, system and boot. That seemed to help others.

cheers
    I followed all the steps but was impossible for me to get to the menu in lgup with all the options
    Please follow the preparation and change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
    it flash the lg logo and then disappear for a while... no way to stop it.
    I've experienced that going from a firmware to another faces such issue. I don't know why, but you may better try a different firmware to make phone boot properly. Then go back and try the desired firmware.
    Does anyone have a good source for and OPEN_US firmware for the LG LM850UM?
    I cross-flashed to OPEN_CAN and my IMEI got zeroed.
    All I can find are CAN and MEX NDZ's for this phone.

This is the link for the US Open kdz. It's a little difficult to find as they are listed under g8 820QM and not 820UM.

cheers
    I tried all the steps, flashing was going well and it did allowed me to change the model from sprint to korean A11, but after reboot it says OPID mismatch!... what's wrong with this? anyone have sprint 20j kdz?

sure I had unchecked sid_a and sid_b

So sprint doesn't make their kdz available. No one has it, it doesn't exist. As the OP says, if something goes wrong, just redo the entire process, that way you can be 100% u uncheck sid_(a b).

Should note though, some people did run into probs like yours and netmsm indicated to also erase vendor, product, system and boot. That seemed to help others.

cheers
    I tried to follow this guide, but I got stuck at step A6 (select port and select the phone). It doesn't show up in the list (unless I tick the Show Non QLoader/DIAG Port, at which point the next step returns an error). I have installed the drivers specified. Could anyone help?

It sounds like you didn't install the qualcomm usb driver? It's in the zip file, there are 2 executables in it, one is under the directory 'driver'.

I'm not sure if it should have been installed automatically or not, didn't use that zip myself.

cheers
    Hi there ;)
    Thanks to all other guys here who has made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
    But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
    I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
    first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
    at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
    QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
    LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
    LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
    LGUP_Common.dll (get)
    UI_Config.lgl (get)
    LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
    1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
    2. Install LGUP.
    3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
    4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder.
    5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
    A)
    1. Open QFIL.
    2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
    3. Select "Flat Build".
    4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
    5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
    6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
    7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
    !!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
    1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
    1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
    1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
    1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
    2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
    3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restart.
    3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
    Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
    1. Open LGUP.
    2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
    3. Select "PARTITION DL".
    4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
    5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
    6. If you are in Spring or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.
    Hey good for you, so the Open a11 must be the Kor version right? Either way, could u do a big favor and try to get to recovery? Of course don't erase anything, but just verify you can get to the recovery screen?

thnx!

So, we just got this sorted. Thanks to SGMarkus as he mentioned it's the ftm partition that controls recovery access and fastboot access. So, with the newly flashed kdz, as it is, you can't even get to fasboot although u flashed the eng abl to it.

But! Restore your old ftm, after flashing, and then you'll get access to both recovery and ability to get to fastboot after flashing eng abl.

cheers!

I don't speak for netmsm, and he's more than capable of doing that himself.

But, for myself, I just wanted to say I think your comments are very unfair. 1st) The guide does say exactly how to back up those partitions, you, obviously, just don't recognize that, and probably thus have no idea what the utilities mentioned in the guide do. (hint: see where qualcomm and qfil are mentioned - just before 'make a backup'.

2nd) If u don't understand something in the guide, read the comments others have made, because it's possible someone else has already asked that question. Re the 'Of course u know what to do', you'll find others have said they got that pop-up, and others didn't. From that u can deduce, it's not **critical**. And, if anything, u realize it's kind of a joke... as in 'who want's a sprint phone anyway?' Get it?

There's no reason to be disparaging because u can't follow a guide without having to do any thinking at all. Sometimes, a guide can be 'over our head'. I.E. u just don't have enough experience in this area. Remember, a guide writer faces a dilemma; how to get the information across, succinctly, without becoming too verbose. Too verbose and the guide becomes a book, and most of us that write guides have no desire to spend the time it takes to write a book.

cheers
    me too
    they solved it?
    You can solve it, reading the comments. When u only get a few options it's because u didn't follow the original post. That UI file has to be 'read only' or it won't work properly.

cheers
    Thanks friend 🙏👍
    I've benefited from XDA's guides, tools, etc. and I've been always thankful for all their benevolence. I feel obliged to share what I know with others here. This is the manner I was taught in this forum.