[Tutorial] Crossflash, Bypass OPID Mismatched Error

Search This thread

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
hey bro @netmsm thanks for the tutorial, i did everything you said and succes with the crossflash. Now i tried to write IMEI via PDM LGUP. I did it once and the results was failed, IMEI didnt change + i got nt code error. NT code error fixed after i restore the FTM. Can you help me wich methods should i try to write my IMEI?
Hi =)
Make a backup of modem_a partitions.
Open it in UltraIso software.
Remove IMEIPRO files from it.
Restore it in place of modem_a and modem_b.
Then go for writing IMEI.
After that restore the backup modem_a.

edit: IMEIPROT is correct.

Last edited:

mhmmdalwi

Jan 26, 2018
Hi =)
Make a backup of modem_a partitions.
Open it in UltraIso software.
Remove IMEIPRO files from it.
Restore it in place of modem_a and modem_b.
Then go for writing IMEI.
After that restore the backup modem_a.
sure bro. Thanks for the guide. On process to try it. Btw, after restore it in place of moden_a and modem_b. I can proceed write IMEI via LGUP right?
or i can write IMEI through dial *#546368#*820# ?

KheniKheni

Sep 21, 2022
LG V50 ThinQ
5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
Ok, so far, so good! I checked everything except SAID_A and SID_B. But I end up with the attached error # 13%. What to do next please? Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• new error 3.png
    new error 3.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 4

KheniKheni

Sep 21, 2022
LG V50 ThinQ
Some pictures of flashing my LMG820UM, unlocked from Sprint, into OPEN_CA 20j. In normal mode you cannot flash SPR_US to OPEN_CA which is shown in the pictures. But using this thread instruction it allows to flash, even it asks to change the model from SPR_US to OPEN_CA :D
Until performing the instructions, it shows the "id: 2(SPR_US)" on the Download Mode screen, but after that it cannot recognize the phone model id and shows "id: 0()" :D
Have fun ^_^
Initially you had LGUP set to Refurbish and then later I see the images change to Partition DL. But in the instructions, you did mention to select Partition DL. Please am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• new error 3.png
    new error 3.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 2

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
Ok, so far, so good! I checked everything except SAID_A and SID_B. But I end up with the attached error # 13%. What to do next please? Many thanks in advance.
I haven't seen such error! You may better try another KDZ, I guess.
Initially you had LGUP set to Refurbish and then later I see the images change to Partition DL. But in the instructions, you did mention to select Partition DL. Please am I doing something wrong?
Don't bother with measly details in pictures instead follow the explicit instructions.
In flashing section you should choose partition dl and uncheck sid_a and sid_b.
That error does not relate to crossflashing.

KheniKheni

Sep 21, 2022
LG V50 ThinQ
I haven't seen such error! You may better try another KDZ, I guess.

Don't bother with measly details in pictures instead follow the explicit instructions.
In flashing section you should choose partition dl and uncheck sid_a and sid_b.
That error does not relate to crossflashing.
Sure, unchecked sid_a and sid_b but still ending up with this error

Attachments

• new error 3.png
    new error 3.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, Thanks for the awesome guide man! I do have two questions;
    1) Now, what I wanted to ask was that I have an LG G8x 901LG(Japan Softbank Variant) and would I be able to flash to Open_CA or some other kdz because this has A TON, and I mean, A TON of bloat. The reason is that I've not seen someone discuss these variants of lg G8 or G8x on this thread.
    2) Would this also unlock the network as the phone is network locked by softbank and I can'r get in unlocked as I am not in japan. (I got the phone for really really cheap here). I did see some guy mention here that LG fixed that but I've seen some jap phones network unlocked by crossflashing that's why I was asking.

Thanks in advance for any help my dude!
    You're welcome =)
    1. Yes you can crossflash regardless of phone's variant but do not crossflash without creating backup.
    2. No it won't be unlocked by crossflashing.
    And LUN5 will brick it if I crossflash to another device? Is there anypoint in backing that up?
    And can I do the crossflash LUN0-4 even if the receiving device has a different stock ROM (such as AT&T LUNs to a TMobile phone)?
    I've already explained it! LUN5 can be restored on the same original phone not other similar phones and it does not relate to bricking a phone. LUN5 contains identity information of the device which are dynamically encoded by the board number and then hence are not readable on other devices.
    Yes you should make backup of LUN5 and FTM at first step.
    Crossflash and flash are performed automatically on LUN0, LUN1, LUN2 and LUN4 only (in LGUP).
    When we use the phrase "crossflash" it means exactly what you are questioning (att to tmobile) or in general, flashing from any variant source to any different variant destination; using LGUP or Qfil, using flashing methods or backup-restore methods.
    Compile these tutorials, make these codes, and answer our questions 😂 .
    In our culture one who knows about something is obligated and concomitantly obliging to share it with those who don't know.
    Mate good day im one of you follower i have question about using qfil partition because i want to downgrade may v50s from a12 to a11 i already made your tutorial about opid mismatching but when i use qfil it show an error like this "switch to edl mode fail failed to switch to emeegency download mode" can you help me thanks
    Your phone is not detected by the computer. Make sure you're in EDL mode, drivers are installed and connection is correctly established.
    Your phone is not detected by the computer. Make sure you're in EDL mode, drivers are installed and connection is correctly established.
    its okay now mate thank you so much
    Hi there ;)
    Thanks to all other guys here who have made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

To crossflash other models than LG G8 please read post 3.
    Before asking any question please read the troubleshooting section at the bottom of the page.
    If you still need some specific help I would appreciate if you bring it up just in the thread instead of sending direct messages.

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
    But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
    I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
    first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
    at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
    QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
    LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
    LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
    LGUP_Common.dll (get)
    UI_Config.lgl (get)
    LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
    1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
    2. Install LGUP.
    3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
    4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder. Change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
    5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
    A)
    1. Open QFIL.
    2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
    3. Select "Flat Build".
    4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
    5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
    6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
    7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
    !!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
    1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
    1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
    1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
    1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
    2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
    3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restart.
    3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
    Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
    1. Open LGUP.
    2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
    3. Select "PARTITION DL".
    4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
    5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
    6. If you are in Sprint or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.

ERRORS, QUESTIONS, TROUBLESHOOTING
    1. Can I crossflash V50, V60, G8X or other LG devices using this method?
    I did it on V50. Maybe it'll work on your devices maybe won't. There's one way to find out; make backup and give it a try.
    2. SN is gone, zero, etc.
    Restore your original FTM.
    3. I can't get into recovery.
    Restore the original FTM.
    4. I got NT-Code error.
    It's been discussed many time in the thread and some solutions have been presented (such as this one, thanks to @animo214). However, you can ignore it if the phone got network.
    5. IMEI is lost, zero, null etc.
    Restore LUN5 partitions. If you have no backup it should be repaired using Octopus box. Go to 16.
    6. I got "permanently locked" error.
    This is because of IMPL lock and you have to restore LUN5 partitions. In case of having no backup you should use Octopus box.
    7. All partitions are deleted accidentally.
    Follow this instructions.
    8. I need to get into PDM mode.
    Unzip and restore the attached PDM to FTM partition. Remember, you need to restore your FTM to get into OS.
    9. Can I use another phone's LUN5 backup?
    NO.
    10. Can I use another phone's FTM backup?
    Yes. All partitions can be restored from another phone's backup except LUN5 partitions.
    11. My phone is stuck in boot-loop.
    Restore the original FTM and if it doesn't help redo the whole crossflash process and use a different KDZ this time.
    12. Which KDZ is the best (for any matter of use)?
    I do not know.
    13. Can I crossflash from any source variant to Korean variant or vice versa?
    Yes it is possible but you may get error on opening stock camera application because of hardware differences. There are some methods to solve the issue which you can search and find them. It is out of topic here.
    14. Can I downgrade using this method?
    Yes.
    15. I erased partitions (ftm, op_a, op_b, modem_a, modem_b, sid_a, sid_b) but it still does not let me to crossflash.
    Redo the whole process and this time make backup of and erase these partitions too, on both sides A and B: vendor, product, system, userdata and boot.
    16. How can I write IMEI?
    A) Dump the modem_a and create a copy of it. Then open it in UltraIso and remove IMEIPROT files from image folder. Save and restore it in place of modem_a and modem_b partitions.
    B) Make backup of FTM and then flash or restore the PDM file (attached) into your ftm partition. Restart the phone; you'll get into PDM mode.
    C) Open Tutty (attached). Select "Serial" in protocol and the proper port of your phone's modem driver. Click open. To test if you have selected the proper port number type "at" and hit enter it should respond"ok". Type the code at%imei=# (replace # with your IMEI) and hit enter. It doesn't matter you get "error" or "ok" after that, just check if IMEI is written via this code at%imei=?. If IMEI is written so you'll have the right MEID and ESN too.
    D) Restore the original ftm and modem_a in place of modem_a and modem_b. Restart the phone.
    I've already tested this method on V30, V50 and G8. Remember, if the phone has IMPL lock it'll throw "perm. locked" error even if you have written the IMEI.
    Hey good for you, so the Open a11 must be the Kor version right? Either way, could u do a big favor and try to get to recovery? Of course don't erase anything, but just verify you can get to the recovery screen?

thnx!

So, we just got this sorted. Thanks to SGMarkus as he mentioned it's the ftm partition that controls recovery access and fastboot access. So, with the newly flashed kdz, as it is, you can't even get to fasboot although u flashed the eng abl to it.

But! Restore your old ftm, after flashing, and then you'll get access to both recovery and ability to get to fastboot after flashing eng abl.

cheers!
    Some pictures of flashing my LMG820UM, unlocked from Sprint, into OPEN_CA 20j. In normal mode you cannot flash SPR_US to OPEN_CA which is shown in the pictures. But using this thread instruction it allows to flash, even it asks to change the model from SPR_US to OPEN_CA :D
    Until performing the instructions, it shows the "id: 2(SPR_US)" on the Download Mode screen, but after that it cannot recognize the phone model id and shows "id: 0()" :D
    Have fun ^_^
    Thank you vary much @netmsm and @AsltLies , you are life savers =)

I don't know how and what's wrong before, but by following the steps again I can flash with Open Canada firmware now.

Here's my Screen Shots.

Great, very cool. Suggestions though, u might want to mod that pic with your imei in it, people do actually try to steal those sometimes :(

Also, like me, you lost your s/n. Easy to fix that with a hex editor, assuming you have the s/n recorded somewhere. Extract the current ftm partition and at offset 12000 is where you start putting in the s/n. Flash it back and it will show up again.

cheers
    alright, G8x Sprint succesfully crossflashed to OPEN CA :cowboy: