[Tutorial] Crossflash, Bypass OPID Mismatched Error

Search This thread

Lzlz3

May 23, 2023
That's right, other phone's LUN5 backup is not useful but Octopus can help.
After flashing/cross-flashing we restore FTM.

The ones before making change in those partitions.

You said you got no backup so there will be no restoration. Use Octopus/Octoplus to break IMPL lock which make you able to change NT-Code via hidden menu (*#546368#*500#). Although, after breaking the lock, you'll get network even with NT-Code "0". To break it just try to perform either IMEI Repair or Direct Unlock functions on Octopus; it costs some credits.
I see, so it will need some credit. Aight I'll try later tonight 😁

And one more question op, if I wanted to rollback to KR firmware does that mean I have to pay for octoplus or I can flash it directly with the file that I've backed up before (ftm, os_a, os_b, modem_a, modem_b, etc.) ?

netmsm

Oct 3, 2010
Esfahan
LG V30
I see, so it will need some credit. Aight I'll try later tonight 😁
Good luck with that ^_*
And one more question op, if I wanted to rollback to KR firmware does that mean I have to pay for octoplus or I can flash it directly with the file that I've backed up before (ftm, os_a, os_b, modem_a, modem_b, etc.) ?
We don't use Octopus/Octoplus for matters we can perform in other ways, to avoid paying for credits. You can flash/cross-flash to any KDZ via the method explained in this very thread or by restoring a full backup.

Lzlz3

May 23, 2023
Good luck with that ^_*

We don't use Octopus/Octoplus for matters we can perform in other ways, to avoid paying for credits. You can flash/cross-flash to any KDZ via the method explained in this very thread or by restoring a full backup.
wait, so you mean crossflash to any KDZ using this method will probably restore my V50 network?

Ill keep you updated, trying now

Edit:

Decided to go for EU FW (V500EM), following all the step provided and voila!

The simcard's signal reception may not as strong as KR FW but I thought this is enough. Thx op!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230603-234722.png
    Screenshot_20230603-234722.png
    97.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

nicetigo

Jun 6, 2023
Good people of this thread, I salute you. Has anyone tried to crossflash LG wing? Should I try to to do it with my T-mobile one?

t-mobile_mda

May 30, 2007
Hi need help i have lg stylo 5x lg-q720ts
firmware qu720ts90h
phone is right now break condition
error OPID MISMATCH
hey..
did u solve ur pb.? i have the same pb and there is no firehose this device.. is anyone has it..?
it has MSM 8953 cpu..

Hardware ID : E1A00900 [8953] 00003100
OPK_DATA : 7C7CA65B193D8639CD1237A2AA4CB023AFAE64668B7D81759A5A64905F15E307

GadgetGeekUSA

Jun 20, 2023
Performed everything to spec. Launched QFIL and it sees the phone when I select "port" so I know I am in EDL mode and Windows device manager shows com port for phone as active. Everything seems to be connected properly but when I select "partition manager" under "tools" in QFIL it throws me a Sahara server error and/or firehose error. I'm using the firehose file and the QPST files you supplied with latest version of QFIL. My phone is AT&T sim locked model G850UM. Can't figure out why I get the error when I launch "partition manager" from within QFIL. Could Windows Defender be causing the problem?Any suggestions?

Update: The Sahara server error was happening because EDL mode was timing out. I launched QFIL and set everything up before booting into EDL mode then I launched partition manager as soon as I booted into EDL mode and it worked so I was able to backup files. So do I need to backup ALL the files just to be safe in case I need to restore the phone back to stock or is that not necessary?

Last edited:

GadgetGeekUSA

Jun 20, 2023
This guide works for V50 Verizon brother?
From my understanding it should work for that model. I've seen others on here claim success with that model. Unfortunately my phone is US AT&T variant which has the IMPL lock and I am not able to crossflash because of it. MAKE SURE you follow instructions EXACTLY step by step and have QFIL up and running BEFORE you boot into EDL MODE or else it will time out on you and throw you a Sahara server error.

Good luck 👍

Asyad

Jun 27, 2023
Hello, I have a problem here. After I installed with wrong metode the custom rom and (changed the abl and boot partition), finally my lg g8x lm-g850um (20p) sprint (unlocked bl) I got a boot loop. But after that, I backed up the abl and boot partitions. At first I was entered into recovery mode. But after I restored from the modified abl to the original abl, I couldn't enter recovery mode anymore and it only bootlooping and couldn't access download mode and it was stuck in fastboot mode but I still could turned off the device via fastboot. Then after I restore the boot partition to the original boot. Then I got something even worse. I couldn't turn off the device in fastboot. Finally after I overwrite with some partitions that I got from person who uploaded. Finally I can enter download mode but still in a bootloop. I intend to crossflash it to A12 Canada ...40c, but my download display have red information at the bottom of the column. I don't know what this text means. But I'm still hesitant to do crossflashing to A12 ca_open 40c. Do you have the best solution so that my g8x returns to normal and can crossflash to android 12?
PXL_20230627_151422884.jpg
PXL_20230629_022859899.jpg

GadgetGeekUSA

Jun 20, 2023
Hello, I have a problem here. After I installed with wrong metode the custom rom and (changed the abl and boot partition), finally my lg g8x lm-g850um (20p) sprint (unlocked bl) I got a boot loop. But after that, I backed up the abl and boot partitions. At first I was entered into recovery mode. But after I restored from the modified abl to the original abl, I couldn't enter recovery mode anymore and it only bootlooping and couldn't access download mode and it was stuck in fastboot mode but I still could turned off the device via fastboot. Then after I restore the boot partition to the original boot. Then I got something even worse. I couldn't turn off the device in fastboot. Finally after I overwrite with some partitions that I got from person who uploaded. Finally I can enter download mode but still in a bootloop. I intend to crossflash it to A12 Canada ...40c, but my download display have red information at the bottom of the column. I don't know what this text means. But I'm still hesitant to do crossflashing to A12 ca_open 40c. Do you have the best solution so that my g8x returns to normal and can crossflash to android 12?
View attachment 5942879View attachment 5942875
Since your bootloader is unlocked I would try using ADB mode to push TWRP custom recovery and then once you can boot into that then flash Lineage OS or some other custom rom. Remember to erase dalvik, cache, etc before you flash custom ROM. At this point it's probably your easiest solution. To go back to stock you would have to re-flash files you deleted by extracting them from stock KDZ image with KDZ Tools and using QFIL to re-flash them. Then re-lock the bootloader and try doing a system reset. If system reset doesn't work try using LGUP to re-flash stock KDZ image but make sure you at least have original FTM file put back in place. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

GadgetGeekUSA

Jun 20, 2023
Good luck finding one. I've searched for hours and hours. No KDZ images for AT&T variant to be found anywhere for this phone.

RabbitTrax

Jul 9, 2023
Hi there ;)
Thanks to all other guys here who have made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

To crossflash models other than LG G8 please read post 3.
Before asking any question please read the troubleshooting section at the bottom of the page.
If you still need some specific help I would appreciate if you bring it up just in the thread instead of sending direct messages.

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
LGUP_Common.dll (get)
UI_Config.lgl (get)
LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
2. Install LGUP.
3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder. Change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
A)
1. Open QFIL.
2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
3. Select "Flat Build".
4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
!!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restarts.
3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
1. Open LGUP.
2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
3. Select "PARTITION DL".
4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
6. If you are in Sprint or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.

ERRORS, QUESTIONS, TROUBLESHOOTING
1. Can I crossflash V50, V60, G8X or other LG devices using this method?
I did it on V50. Maybe it'll work on your devices maybe won't. There's one way to find out; make backup and give it a try.
2. SN is gone, zero, etc.
Restore your original FTM.
3. I can't get into recovery.
Restore the original FTM.
4. I got NT-Code error.
It's been discussed many times in the thread and some solutions have been presented (such as this one, thanks to @animo214 and this, thanks to @kt-Froggy as well as this one, thanks to @StvOchi ). However, you can ignore it if the phone got network.
Note: You need to disable verity on the phone in advance otherwise changes in cust_path_mapping.cfg won't be saved.
5. IMEI is lost, zero, null etc.
Restore LUN5 partitions. If you have no backup it should be repaired using Octopus box. Go to 16.
6. I got "permanently locked" error.
This is because of IMPL lock and you have to restore LUN5 partitions. In case of having no backup you should use Octopus box.
7. All partitions are deleted accidentally.
Follow this instructions.
8. I need to get into PDM mode.
Unzip and restore the attached PDM to FTM partition. Remember, you need to restore your FTM to get into OS.
9. Can I use another phone's LUN5 backup?
NO.
10. Can I use another phone's FTM backup?
Yes. All partitions can be restored from another phone's backup except LUN5 partitions.
11. My phone is stuck in boot-loop.
Restore the original FTM and if it doesn't help redo the whole crossflash process and use a different KDZ this time.
12. Which KDZ is the best (for any matter of use)?
I do not know.
13. Can I crossflash from any source variant to Korean variant or vice versa?
Yes it is possible but you may get error on opening stock camera application because of hardware differences. There are some methods to solve the issue which you can search and find them.
14. Can I downgrade using this method?
Yes.
15. I erased partitions (ftm, op_a, op_b, modem_a, modem_b, sid_a, sid_b) but it still does not let me to crossflash.
Redo the whole process and this time make backup of and erase these partitions too, on both sides A and B: vendor, product, system, boot and userdata. Do not make backup of userdata partition.
16. How can I write IMEI?
A) Dump modem_a and create a copy of it. Then open it in UltraISO and remove IMEIPROT files from image folder. Save and restore it in place of modem_a and modem_b partitions.
B) Make backup of FTM and then flash or restore the PDM file (attached) into your ftm partition. Restart the phone; you'll get into PDM mode.
C) Open Tutty (attached). Select "Serial" in protocol and the proper port of your phone's modem driver. Click open. To test if you have selected the proper port number type "at" and hit enter it should respond"ok". Type the code at%imei=# (replace # with your IMEI) and hit enter. It doesn't matter you get "error" or "ok" after that, just check if IMEI is written via this code at%imei=?. If IMEI is written so you'll have the right MEID and ESN too.
D) Restore the original ftm and modem_a in place of modem_a and modem_b. Restart the phone.
I've already tested this method on V30, V50 and G8. Remember, if the phone has IMPL lock it'll throw "perm. locked" error even if you have written the IMEI.
17. I have lost GPT files of my LG G8, G8X, G8S, V50, etc. and Qfil partition manager does not show anything in the list.
You need to flash GPT files to your device with fh_loader (see this, part C). For that matter use KDZ_Tools to Extract DZ from a KDZ of your device. Then extract the DZ using -c at the end of extracting command. For example: unkdz -f FILE_NAME.kdz -c. It will extract all files besides all GPTs.
18. Which are the LUN5 partitions?
SM8150 has 7 physical partitions known as LUNs which are numbered from 0 to 6. Each LUN is split into several partitions. In Qfil Partition Manager you can see all partitions except those of LUN3 and LUN6 which are hidden. The number of LUNs are shown under the first column named LUN. Therefore, all partitions in front of number 5 are LUN5 partitions.

Steps
A
)
1. Open QFIL.

What is QFIL? It is not on the download list above the steps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there ;)
    Thanks to all other guys here who have made helpful development to tame this beautiful =)

To crossflash models other than LG G8 please read post 3.
    Before asking any question please read the troubleshooting section at the bottom of the page.
    If you still need some specific help I would appreciate if you bring it up just in the thread instead of sending direct messages.

LG has made things difficult in flashing custom and even stock roms by this new OPID thing! It prevents us from crossflashing but we have been able to use TWRP and change the system and some other partitions to have a different rom. We had to make some changes into OP partition using HxD editor.
    But now, through this tutorial, we're able to flash any rom without the need to change OPID in OP partition. Also, there is no need to root or unlock boot-loader.
    I was successful to do this on some G8 (LMG820UM) but I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARM TO YOUR PHONE!

By continuing to read the following instructions you are actually accepting the risk.

IMPORTANT!
    first, MAKE A FULL BACKUP OF ALL PARTITIONS; and I mean it!!!
    at least, for your sake, make a backup of "modemst1, modemst2, fsg, fsc, ftm" partitions, for emergency.

Requirements
    QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver (get)
    LGE SM8150 Firehose (get)
    LGUP 1.16.0.3 (get)
    LGUP_Common.dll (get)
    UI_Config.lgl (get)
    LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2 (get)

Preparation
    1. Install QPST and Qualcomm USB Driver.
    2. Install LGUP.
    3. Find the folder named "model" in the installation directory of LGUP, then Create a folder named "common" in the "model" folder.
    4. Move "LGUP_Common.dll" and "UI_Config.lgl" into "common" folder. Change the attribute of "UI_Config.lgl" to read only.
    5. Install LG Mobile Driver 4.4.2.

Steps
    A)
    1. Open QFIL.
    2. Change "Storage Type" to UFS.
    3. Select "Flat Build".
    4. Browse for "LGE SM8150 Firehose" and pick it.
    5. Now, connect the phone to PC and boot into EDL mode.
    6. Open "Select Port" and select the phone, press OK.
    7. In "Tools" open the "Partition Manager".

B)
    !!!BE CAREFUL TO DO EXACTLY AS THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY OR YOU WILL BRICK THE PHONE!!!
    1. Make a backup of and erase these 7 partitions: FTM, Modem_A, Modem_B, SID_A, SID_B, OP_A, OP_B.
    1.1. You have to left-click on a partition then right-click on it and select "Manage Partition Data".
    1.2. In the pop-up window, you have 4 choices: I. Erase (to erase data on the partition), II. Read Data (to dump or back up the partition), III. Load Image (to restore the partition), IV. Close (to close the window).
    1.3. First dump/back up the partition by choosing "Read Data" then Erase it.
    2. Close the "Partition Manager" window.
    3. Wait for 5 seconds then press Vol- and Power until it restarts.
    3.1. Immediately after rebooting, Release the Vol- and Power buttons and press Vol+ to get into Download Mode.
    Note: Do not let the phone to begin to boot! If it begins to boot, it may regenerate the SID and FTM partitions data and so you need to redo the whole step B.

C)
    1. Open LGUP.
    2. Pick your favorite KDZ.
    3. Select "PARTITION DL".
    4. Press Start. And a pop-up window will appear. In this window you can select which partitions to be flashed.
    5. Here, uncheck these partitions: SID_A and SID_B. It will make it able to bypass the OPID Mismatched Error.
    6. If you are in Sprint or other platforms you will get the message whether to change the model or not. Of course you know what to do =)

after completing the process it will boot up in some minutes and before starting the customization it will do one restart. just be patient.

ERRORS, QUESTIONS, TROUBLESHOOTING
    1. Can I crossflash V50, V60, G8X or other LG devices using this method?
    I did it on V50. Maybe it'll work on your devices maybe won't. There's one way to find out; make backup and give it a try.
    2. SN is gone, zero, etc.
    Restore your original FTM.
    3. I can't get into recovery.
    Restore the original FTM.
    4. I got NT-Code error.
    It's been discussed many times in the thread and some solutions have been presented (such as this one, thanks to @animo214 and this, thanks to @kt-Froggy as well as this one, thanks to @StvOchi ). However, you can ignore it if the phone got network.
    Note: You need to disable verity on the phone in advance otherwise changes in cust_path_mapping.cfg won't be saved.
    5. IMEI is lost, zero, null etc.
    Restore LUN5 partitions. If you have no backup it should be repaired using Octopus box. Go to 16.
    6. I got "permanently locked" error.
    This is because of IMPL lock and you have to restore LUN5 partitions. In case of having no backup you should use Octopus box.
    7. All partitions are deleted accidentally.
    Follow this instructions.
    8. I need to get into PDM mode.
    Unzip and restore the attached PDM to FTM partition. Remember, you need to restore your FTM to get into OS.
    9. Can I use another phone's LUN5 backup?
    NO.
    10. Can I use another phone's FTM backup?
    Yes. All partitions can be restored from another phone's backup except LUN5 partitions.
    11. My phone is stuck in boot-loop.
    Restore the original FTM and if it doesn't help redo the whole crossflash process and use a different KDZ this time.
    12. Which KDZ is the best (for any matter of use)?
    I do not know.
    13. Can I crossflash from any source variant to Korean variant or vice versa?
    Yes it is possible but you may get error on opening stock camera application because of hardware differences. There are some methods to solve the issue which you can search and find them.
    14. Can I downgrade using this method?
    Yes.
    15. I erased partitions (ftm, op_a, op_b, modem_a, modem_b, sid_a, sid_b) but it still does not let me to crossflash.
    Redo the whole process and this time make backup of and erase these partitions too, on both sides A and B: vendor, product, system, boot and userdata. Do not make backup of userdata partition.
    16. How can I write IMEI?
    A) Dump modem_a and create a copy of it. Then open it in UltraISO and remove IMEIPROT files from image folder. Save and restore it in place of modem_a and modem_b partitions.
    B) Make backup of FTM and then flash or restore the PDM file (attached) into your ftm partition. Restart the phone; you'll get into PDM mode.
    C) Open Tutty (attached). Select "Serial" in protocol and the proper port of your phone's modem driver. Click open. To test if you have selected the proper port number type "at" and hit enter it should respond"ok". Type the code at%imei=# (replace # with your IMEI) and hit enter. It doesn't matter you get "error" or "ok" after that, just check if IMEI is written via this code at%imei=?. If IMEI is written so you'll have the right MEID and ESN too.
    D) Restore the original ftm and modem_a in place of modem_a and modem_b. Restart the phone.
    I've already tested this method on V30, V50 and G8. Remember, if the phone has IMPL lock it'll throw "perm. locked" error even if you have written the IMEI.
    17. I have lost GPT files of my LG G8, G8X, G8S, V50, etc. and Qfil partition manager does not show anything in the list.
    You need to flash GPT files to your device with fh_loader (see this, part C). For that matter use KDZ_Tools to Extract DZ from a KDZ of your device. Then extract the DZ using -c at the end of extracting command. For example: unkdz -f FILE_NAME.kdz -c. It will extract all files besides all GPTs.
    18. Which are the LUN5 partitions?
    SM8150 has 7 physical partitions known as LUNs which are numbered from 0 to 6. Each LUN is split into several partitions. In Qfil Partition Manager you can see all partitions except those of LUN3 and LUN6 which are hidden. The number of LUNs are shown under the first column named LUN. Therefore, all partitions in front of number 5 are LUN5 partitions.
    First off, big THANKS to the OP (netmsm) and other people who contributed to this thread and made this guide very clear and useful!

So, after perusing this thread for a long time, trying to understand the ins and outs of the process and any possible snafus, I decided to take the plunge after the Open_CA A12 (40a) got released recently, and to flash it onto my G8 originally from US Cellular. The crossflash went smoothly with no issues at all. A nice surprise was that the BL remained unlocked - I was prepared to go through the whole unlocking process again before rooting, but didn't have to. I got the empty S/N (easy fix), and the infamous NT-Code error. This is where I got stuck for a while. I tried fixing it by editing the cust_path_mapping.cfg file as suggested in the thread. The problem is that I couldn't save the changes in that stupid file by using ANY root explorer/editor! :mad: Tried half a dozen different apps with no luck at all. BTW, anyone has any ideas what I may have been doing wrong?? Yes, I am properly rooted with Magisk.

Anyway... Everything worked fine on the phone, but that lame error was really getting under my skin - I could have ignored it, but I hated not being able to get rid of it. So... After more reading, I came across some info on hex-editing the FTM partition (in a totally unrelated topic). The NT-Code in FTM binary is stored at the offset 00014000. My error message was referring to the code "FFFFFF,85". The original cust_path_mapping.cfg file (which I couldn't edit) had a line referring to "FFFFFF,82". So, having all backups available, I decided, just for the heck of it, to change the last digits of the NT-Code in the FTM partition to match the "82" listed in the file. What could go wrong? I can always restore a backup... After flashing the edited FTM in QFIL, rebooted the phone, and - bingo! The NT-Code error was gone, and the phone was still fully functional. This was my happy face after spending a good hour and a half trying to get rid of it, and finally succeeding: 😁

Cheers, and thanks again for all the info!
    Thanks, netmsm and kt-froggy for the guides.
    I figured out how to remove the NT code error without root.
    You will first need a file manager that can access the root directory.
    I personally used "Solid Explorer File Manager" to access the cust_path_mapping.cfg file to read the NT-Code that came with the firmware.
    You can use the Solid Explorer File Manager to access the root directory by going to settings then scrolling down and checking the box "show root storage". You will now be able to access the root storage.
    You can access the cust_path_mapping.cfg by going to root/system/product/OP. Then open the file and note the code. Mine was FFFFFF,82=/product/OP.
    Create a backup of the FTM partition the open the FTM file with HxD app. (Make sure you have a copy of the FTM file in case something goes wrong)
    Go to line 00014000 and edit the line. depending on the phone, edit the first 2 sets of numbers/letters with 3 characters separated by a comma. ("FFF,FFF), then the last set of numbers/letters with 2 characters to match the code in the cust_path_mapping.cfg file.
    (Mine was
    "2","310,120,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF","312,530,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,FF" and I changed to
    "2","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,82","FFF,FFF,FFFFFFFF,FFFFFFFF,82") because I was getting NT code error
    310120, 312530 ; FF, FF

Note:
    1. The line could span from 00014000 to 00014040 like mine. Each line is separated with "". I had 2 lines and had to change both lines. You can have only 1 line
    2. Make sure you don't delete the line but just select the content and overwrite it with new text. deleting might affect other lines below with content. ( I deleted some lines and my phone factory reset)

After that just save the FTM and load it to your phone using QFIL and the error will be gone.

I've only tested it on my LG G8, OPEN CA firmware so I'm not sure if it will work on others.
    Some pictures of flashing my LMG820UM, unlocked from Sprint, into OPEN_CA 20j. In normal mode you cannot flash SPR_US to OPEN_CA which is shown in the pictures. But using this thread instruction it allows to flash, even it asks to change the model from SPR_US to OPEN_CA :D
    Until performing the instructions, it shows the "id: 2(SPR_US)" on the Download Mode screen, but after that it cannot recognize the phone model id and shows "id: 0()" :D
    Have fun ^_^
    Hey good for you, so the Open a11 must be the Kor version right? Either way, could u do a big favor and try to get to recovery? Of course don't erase anything, but just verify you can get to the recovery screen?

thnx!

So, we just got this sorted. Thanks to SGMarkus as he mentioned it's the ftm partition that controls recovery access and fastboot access. So, with the newly flashed kdz, as it is, you can't even get to fasboot although u flashed the eng abl to it.

But! Restore your old ftm, after flashing, and then you'll get access to both recovery and ability to get to fastboot after flashing eng abl.

cheers!
    First off, big THANKS to the OP (netmsm) and other people who contributed to this thread and made this guide very clear and useful!

So, after perusing this thread for a long time, trying to understand the ins and outs of the process and any possible snafus, I decided to take the plunge after the Open_CA A12 (40a) got released recently, and to flash it onto my G8 originally from US Cellular. The crossflash went smoothly with no issues at all. A nice surprise was that the BL remained unlocked - I was prepared to go through the whole unlocking process again before rooting, but didn't have to. I got the empty S/N (easy fix), and the infamous NT-Code error. This is where I got stuck for a while. I tried fixing it by editing the cust_path_mapping.cfg file as suggested in the thread. The problem is that I couldn't save the changes in that stupid file by using ANY root explorer/editor! :mad: Tried half a dozen different apps with no luck at all. BTW, anyone has any ideas what I may have been doing wrong?? Yes, I am properly rooted with Magisk.

Anyway... Everything worked fine on the phone, but that lame error was really getting under my skin - I could have ignored it, but I hated not being able to get rid of it. So... After more reading, I came across some info on hex-editing the FTM partition (in a totally unrelated topic). The NT-Code in FTM binary is stored at the offset 00014000. My error message was referring to the code "FFFFFF,85". The original cust_path_mapping.cfg file (which I couldn't edit) had a line referring to "FFFFFF,82". So, having all backups available, I decided, just for the heck of it, to change the last digits of the NT-Code in the FTM partition to match the "82" listed in the file. What could go wrong? I can always restore a backup... After flashing the edited FTM in QFIL, rebooted the phone, and - bingo! The NT-Code error was gone, and the phone was still fully functional. This was my happy face after spending a good hour and a half trying to get rid of it, and finally succeeding: 😁

Cheers, and thanks again for all the info!