• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TUTORIAL] Custom bootanimation on Stock ROM's

Search This thread

SnowPluralism

Jan 11, 2012
Inside Your Mind
Hello :)

For all the stock user's out there who are tired of samsung or operator logo boot animation ... and never managed to get rid of her ... those day's are over!

There's only a few things you need:

- A Thinking Brain
- A Pair of Eyes
- An Ace with Root
- Root Explorer

Now let´s go ( I've tried this my self and works like a charm, I'm running Stock DDQ8 at the moment )

First of all if you have CWM mode installed you should do a backup just in case, if you don't have CWM make sure you follow all the steps properly!

Download Both File in Attachment and extract them ... !ATTENTION! These are not flashable zip files!

Now:

- Put both files in your SD Card

- With Root Explorer Copy both file to System\Bin and replace the files that are already there, set permission on both file's to: rwxr-xr-x (just like the image below) (If you don't set permission you'll be stucked in a boot loop!)

perm2.png
perm1.png

- Then choose whatever boot animation you want ( I leave a link to a thread with boot animations for our ace below 8D )

BOOTANIMATION

- Rename the whichever boot animation you've downloaded to bootanimation.zip, put in your SD Card and with root explorer move it to System\Media ( Delete the qmg files on that directory) and set the permission's to rw-r--r-- and all of that should look like the image's below!

sc20120410134550.png
sc20120410134558.png

And it's done :D now just reboot your phone!

Now some other things!

There is no way to change boot off animation but there's a way to not see her!
If you wanna get rid of boot off animation just go to System\ Media\ Video\ Shutdown, and delete the qmg file in there :)

A couple of note's to all of u!

1st - To all of you that get an error "..... because the file system is read-only" you have to mount it in the top right corner. Just like the images below!

mount2n.png
mount1x.png

2nd - I am not responsible for any harm that your phone may suffer!

Attachments

• bootanimation.rar
    8.2 KB · Views: 3,124
  • samsungani.rar
    129 bytes · Views: 2,706
Last edited:

Amf14

Jun 26, 2012
is it dangerous to try?

Do you think this will work on a samsung infuse 4g i997?
and if you dont know, what are the risks of trying it out?
will the phone stop working?
im kind of a noob at this kind of stuff so sorry for all the questions lol,
a reply would be much appreciated

SnowPluralism

Jan 11, 2012
Inside Your Mind
Do you think this will work on a samsung infuse 4g i997?
and if you dont know, what are the risks of trying it out?
will the phone stop working?
im kind of a noob at this kind of stuff so sorry for all the questions lol,
a reply would be much appreciated

I dont know for that model ... Consequences no bootanimation or a bootloop :)

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium

garthoid

Nov 29, 2010
at long last

Thanks for this.

I have lost count of how many attempts I have made trying to change the bootanimation on a GT-5830D (telus). This is the first one that actually worked.

Many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello :)

For all the stock user's out there who are tired of samsung or operator logo boot animation ... and never managed to get rid of her ... those day's are over!

There's only a few things you need:

- A Thinking Brain
    - A Pair of Eyes
    - An Ace with Root
    - Root Explorer

Now let´s go ( I've tried this my self and works like a charm, I'm running Stock DDQ8 at the moment )

First of all if you have CWM mode installed you should do a backup just in case, if you don't have CWM make sure you follow all the steps properly!

Download Both File in Attachment and extract them ... !ATTENTION! These are not flashable zip files!

Now:

- Put both files in your SD Card

- With Root Explorer Copy both file to System\Bin and replace the files that are already there, set permission on both file's to: rwxr-xr-x (just like the image below) (If you don't set permission you'll be stucked in a boot loop!)

perm2.png
    perm1.png

- Then choose whatever boot animation you want ( I leave a link to a thread with boot animations for our ace below 8D )

BOOTANIMATION

- Rename the whichever boot animation you've downloaded to bootanimation.zip, put in your SD Card and with root explorer move it to System\Media ( Delete the qmg files on that directory) and set the permission's to rw-r--r-- and all of that should look like the image's below!

sc20120410134550.png
    sc20120410134558.png

And it's done :D now just reboot your phone!

Now some other things!

There is no way to change boot off animation but there's a way to not see her!
    If you wanna get rid of boot off animation just go to System\ Media\ Video\ Shutdown, and delete the qmg file in there :)

A couple of note's to all of u!

1st - To all of you that get an error "..... because the file system is read-only" you have to mount it in the top right corner. Just like the images below!

mount2n.png
    mount1x.png

2nd - I am not responsible for any harm that your phone may suffer!
    does this work for 2.3.6 XXKPT?

samsungani.rar - damaged

It work's in all stock roms

Iv'e uploaded again samsungani.rar