[TUTORIAL] Deploy XAPs easily with WPV Xap Deployer

MrCego

Aug 24, 2014
Cartagena
I really sorry if there are another tutorials about this, but I wanna shared this easy method to deploy any xap you want, especially root and interop unlock tools.

NOTE: This tutorial is oriented to people with low-requeriment PCs like x86 SO or small tablets. I always recommend to install Visual Studio + SDK Windows Phone 8.1/Windows 10 Mobile if your PC can support them. You can skip download lite SDKs if you have VS installed.

NOTE 2: Make sure your PC has installed Net Framework 4.5.1. If not, download it here and install.

What do you need?
1. Windows Phone SDK 8.0 Lite: Download it Here.
2. Windows Phone SDK 8.1 Lite: Download it Here
3. WPV XAP Deployer Tool : Download it here

What should do you do?
1. Extract compressed files into each folder.
2. Open WP8 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.0 folder and start InstallWP8SDKToolsLite.bat file. Do not run as administrator.
3. When CMD dialog shows, press ENTER. All dialog confirmations press yes. When it finishs, press ENTER again.
4. Do the same in step 2 and 3 but with the WP8.1 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.00 folder and InstallWP81SDKToolsLite.bat file.
5. Now open WPV XAP Deployer 2.0 folder and run WPV XAP Deployer. Press Add Xap Files button. A dialog windows is shown; select XAPs you want to deploy. Press Deploy. Wait.

That's all! Remember, your phone must be in Developer Mode (in case you have installed Windows 10 Mobile) or Developer Unlocked (if you have Windows Phone 8.1 in device) for successfully deploying.

I hope this tutorial can help you to deploy easily your XAPs. Regards!

Attachments

Last edited:

KillerTheLord

Jul 1, 2012
Bellevue
I am getting error while connecting to device (0x89731B01). It waits for long time and then throws this error. I have installed the tools and enabled developer mode on phone. I have VS 2015 installed also (I tried without installing SDKs also.)

bdff

Mar 29, 2011
I need help please.
It wont connect with my phone with developer mode on and i get a error instead.
But if i change from developer to sideload mode,it suddenly can connect with my phone ,and load the app but fails at installing (Says it needs the developer mode )

I use a nokia 930 with the 14322 build.

Ahto42

Apr 26, 2016
I have a problem with starting the WPV Xap deployer. I get a Windows error message, WPV Xap Deployer has stopped working. Windows is collecting dada......

My opsys is Win7 Ultimate

jaba98jaba

Jul 15, 2016
XapS

I have followed this for quite some time.
I used that chinese jailbreak to download xap files
and i have been getting XAPS files
I could not use the deployer to install these XAPS.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
question about new (and full version of) Visual Studio 2017, did WP8 SDK tools still available in this release or somewhere hidden (need to select before install)....

edit:
found: unfortunately WP 8.1 tools and deploy not supported in VS 2017
https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/productinfo/vs2017-compatibility-vs

Windows Store and Windows Phone apps
Projects for Windows Store 8.1 and 8.0, and Windows Phone 8.1 and 8.0 are not supported in this release. To maintain these apps, continue to use Visual Studio 2015. To maintain Windows Phone 7.x projects, use Visual Studio 2012.
dammit MS...

Last edited:
Reactions: 535iu

almossadra

Sep 24, 2010
I really sorry if there are another tutorials about this, but I wanna shared this easy method to deploy any xap you want, especially root and interop unlock tools.

NOTE: This tutorial is oriented to people with low-requeriment PCs like x86 SO or small tablets. I always recommend to install Visual Studio + SDK Windows Phone 8.1/Windows 10 Mobile if your PC can support them. You can skip download lite SDKs if you have VS installed.

NOTE 2: Make sure your PC has installed Net Framework 4.5.1. If not, download it here and install.

What do you need?
1. Windows Phone SDK 8.0 Lite: Download it Here.
2. Windows Phone SDK 8.1 Lite: Download it Here
3. WPV XAP Deployer Tool : Download it here

What should do you do?
1. Extract compressed files into each folder.
2. Open WP8 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.0 folder and start InstallWP8SDKToolsLite.bat file. Do not run as administrator.
3. When CMD dialog shows, press ENTER. All dialog confirmations press yes. When it finishs, press ENTER again.
4. Do the same in step 2 and 3 but with the WP8.1 SDK Tools Lite Setup Av1.00 folder and InstallWP81SDKToolsLite.bat file.
5. Now open WPV XAP Deployer 2.0 folder and run WPV XAP Deployer. Press Add Xap Files button. A dialog windows is shown; select XAPs you want to deploy. Press Deploy. Wait.

That's all! Remember, your phone must be in Developer Mode (in case you have installed Windows 10 Mobile) or Developer Unlocked (if you have Windows Phone 8.1 in device) for successfully deploying.

I hope this tutorial can help you to deploy easily your XAPs. Regards!
Hi,
I want to Restore NDTKSvc on mu Lumia 950 with this tuto:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/wi...creg-lumia-reg-editor-interop-unlock-t3451723
and i have to Sideload vcREG.
I did exactly all you said step by step, i have installed Windows Phone SDK 8.0 Lite and Windows Phone SDK 8.1 Lite. Then i have tried to sideload VcReg with WPV XAP Deployer Tool v2. But i have allways the same error message and WPV XAP Deployer Tool canot connect to my device.
I join a screenshot.
My Lumia 950 is on dev mode and when i connect it to my PC i have it in mass storage.
What i do wrong?
My PC x64 with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2014
Hi. I've already downloaded all the things, Installed all the things. But all installed and worked properly except for the WPV XAP Deployer Tool. It doesn't run on my Windows 10 Anniversary Update x64. I see it on my Task Manager, it does run but ended after a few seconds. I tried all the compability settings but it still wont run. So I just used the built in Deployment tool on the SDK Lite, it does deployed but it doesn't run on my phone. It just crashes. I've deployed all the three apps, Wtweaker, Root Tool, and Custom PFD. But it all crashes upon running immediately. Please help. And yes I'm on Developer Mode but still this. And yes Interop Tools did installs, and I'm already on Interop Unlocked and Cap unlocked

Last edited:

dxdy

Apr 17, 2008
www.red-gsm.net
Hi. I've already downloaded all the things, Installed all the things. But all installed and worked properly except for the WPV XAP Deployer Tool. It doesn't run on my Windows 10 Anniversary Update x64. I see it on my Task Manager, it does run but ended after a few seconds. I tried all the compability settings but it still wont run. So I just used the built in Deployment tool on the SDK Lite, it does deployed but it doesn't run on my phone. It just crashes. I've deployed all the three apps, Wtweaker, Root Tool, and Custom PFD. But it all crashes upon running immediately. Please help. And yes I'm on Developer Mode but still this. And yes Interop Tools did installs, and I'm already on Interop Unlocked and Cap unlocked
you tried this tools?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2668378

tofylion

Apr 5, 2017
Doesn't deploy

@dxdy I tried this with the xapdeploy tool (8.0 and 8.1)
Then I gave this a shot, but they both won't work for some reason.
I'll try to attach a screenshot of the error and I really hope anyone can help me with this.
Just a note: I'm on a Lumia 950 and I REALLY wanna unlock it...

Attachments

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone