[Tutorial] Easiest Way To Root Your Motorola Fire XT – Android 2.3.5

Search This thread

008Rohit

Dec 30, 2010
Kolkata
techtage.com
root3.jpg

There aren’t many useful tutorials on how to root Motorola Fire XT around. After buying the device, I had to go through a lot of mixed guides, tutorials, and instructions to finally root my Motorola Fire XT. In this tutorial, I’ll describe the simplest procedure for rooting the Motorola Fire XT 530/531.

Steps:

Download this rooting package. (Contains a patch for Motorola Fire XT, SuperOneClick v2.3.3 and SUTLR_v1.8.2)
Extract each .zip inside it.
Install SUTLR. The supplied setup file installs on both x64 and x86 systems.
Open SUT LR. Click on ‘Next’. Select the file FXX_PR3_NV.xml image file inside the “Patch Motorola Fire XT” folder.
On your phone, go to settings > applications. Check allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Then go to settings > developement. Check USB Debugging, and Stay Awake (Optional).
Connect your phone to PC. Don’t choose anything on the phone. DON’T EVER select mass-storage.
Flash the image file (.xml) on your phone by clicking ‘next’.
Your phone will restart several times and this process won’t take much time.
When your phone is back online, you can perform a restart if you wish.
Go to the SuperOneClick folder and open it. Click on ‘Root’, and within a minute, you’re done!

Enjoy your rooted Motorola Fire XT!

It takes less than 5 minutes to root it. ;) Tested and safe procedure. However, I hold no responsibility if you do anything wrong during the patching and make your phone die.

You’ll see the ‘SuperUser’ app when you press the launcher button. Let me know if you have any questions at all regarding this tutorial.

[Source]

Last edited:

elwell

Jul 16, 2012
Help

Good day;

I already installed and follow the instructions you provided but when I try it still nothing happens. Can you teach me how to use it maybe its me who doesnt know how to use it... Thank you.

Reactions: FREDYALDO

mozotrembler

Apr 6, 2012
UNROOT motorola fire xt530

how to unroot my motorola fire xt530 ??
and please post some of the best working roms for MOTOROLA FIRE XT530
any small help would be greatly thankful ....
thanks in advance

Reactions: FREDYALDO

rdar_93

Aug 8, 2012
When I install SUT LR and select the file, it says at the bottom that my phone is not connected, although it clearly is connected.

thiiiago

Dec 30, 2012
When I install SUT LR and select the file, it says at the bottom that my phone is not connected, although it clearly is connected.

The same happened with me. Maybe missing some drive, even though I already installed the MotorolaDeviceManager_2.3.4.

Someone has an idea what is happening?

gandarin

Sep 27, 2011
Catalonia (Spain)
Hello.
Sorry, i'm not speak english.
To ensure success, we must necessarily use a PC with Windows XP x86.
You have to install the programs and drivers (Motorola Device Manager v2.3.4), and restart the PC:
Code:
w w w . motorola.com/Support/ES-ES/Support-Home/Software-and-Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Drivers
It is then, when you can start the process root.
To me it has worked with three terminals of Vodafone Spain.

Last edited:

ronzzz92

Jul 13, 2012
Chennai
Hello.
Sorry, i'm not speak english.
To ensure success, we must necessarily use a PC with Windows XP x86.
You have to install the programs and drivers (Motorola Device Manager v2.3.4), and restart the PC:
Code:
w w w . motorola.com/Support/ES-ES/Support-Home/Software-and-Drivers/USB-and-PC-Charging-Drivers
It is then, when you can start the process root.
To me it has worked with three terminals of Vodafone Spain.

thanks a lot it worked :D

mozotrembler

Apr 6, 2012
update ???

root3.jpg

There aren’t many useful tutorials on how to root Motorola Fire XT around. After buying the device, I had to go through a lot of mixed guides, tutorials, and instructions to finally root my Motorola Fire XT. In this tutorial, I’ll describe the simplest procedure for rooting the Motorola Fire XT 530/531.

Steps:

Download this rooting package. (Contains a patch for Motorola Fire XT, SuperOneClick v2.3.3 and SUTLR_v1.8.2)
Open SUT LR. Click on ‘Next’. Select the file FXX_PR3_NV.xml image file inside the “Patch Motorola Fire XT” folder.
On your phone, go to settings > applications. Check allow installation of apps from unknown sources. Then go to settings > developement. Check USB Debugging, and Stay Awake (Optional).
Connect your phone to PC. Don’t choose anything on the phone. DON’T EVER select mass-storage.
Go to the SuperOneClick folder and open it. Click on ‘Root’, and within a minute, you’re done!

It takes less than 5 minutes to root it. ;) Tested and safe procedure. However, I hold no responsibility if you do anything wrong during the patching and make your phone die.

You’ll see the ‘SuperUser’ app when you press the launcher button. Let me know if you have any questions at all regarding this tutorial.

[Source]

can i update SUPER USER app from the MARKET ??

penjoseph

Jan 25, 2013
This method works & I rooted my phone. Motorola Fire XT was uncrackable for a long time.

Be careful not to move essential programs such as Contacts , Google Framework services to the SD card using Link2SD. I bricked my phone doing it.

Prash8429

Nov 20, 2012
Syracuse
SUT LR error solution!

i got the same error as some of u guys
that sut lr not detecting phone
i did checked the box "allow mock locations" (with usb debugging) , it worked :D

vvcepheus7

Jan 30, 2013
thank you for the post. I check it in motorola fire XT311 and run very well. Now I can use without problems link2sd.

many thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    root3.jpg

Steps:

[Source]
    thx man i'm old chief on this site thx again i'll test it then tell u
    Help

Good day;

I already installed and follow the instructions you provided but when I try it still nothing happens. Can you teach me how to use it maybe its me who doesnt know how to use it... Thank you.
    UNROOT motorola fire xt530

how to unroot my motorola fire xt530 ??
    and please post some of the best working roms for MOTOROLA FIRE XT530
    any small help would be greatly thankful ....
    thanks in advance