[Tutorial]Full Unlock Lumia 710 in Windows using NSS Pro(DETAILED)[UPDATED]

Search This thread

Harlley Sathler

Jul 23, 2011
The PIN should be your carrier PIN, the other part is the activation code for LIVE services

Sure! But the phone refuses the carrier PIN. I tested another SIM and the it asks for the PIN too and, again, the carrier PIN was refused. I tested the my SIM on another phone and it worked as expected, indicating the problem is on the phone. I restored it to the original ROM and it continues to ask me for the PIN and again the one of my carrier doesn't work. I called for the nokia support and they tell me to send the phone to assistance.

My hope is someone had this same problem to give-me some light.

This is a really bad start for me. :(

But thank you very much for your kind reply!

surya467

Sure! But the phone refuses the carrier PIN. I tested another SIM and the it asks for the PIN too and, again, the carrier PIN was refused. I tested the my SIM on another phone and it worked as expected, indicating the problem is on the phone. I restored it to the original ROM and it continues to ask me for the PIN and again the one of my carrier doesn't work. I called for the nokia support and they tell me to send the phone to assistance.

My hope is someone had this same problem to give-me some light.

This is a really bad start for me. :(

But thank you very much for your kind reply!

there was sumone with the same problm...but i think i lost track of the post...and i was not able to see the sloution.:/

let me search

Harlley Sathler

Jul 23, 2011
there was sumone with the same problm...but i think i lost track of the post...and i was not able to see the sloution.:/

let me search

Just in time: I read this post on GSM-Forum a few minutes ago and there's a new beta version of NSS that address this issue.

I'll take it a try as soon I arrive at home today and post back the results. I'm praying since a read for this to work!

[Edit]: Didn't work... :(

Last edited:

bigeneral

Jul 13, 2007
Hong Kong
Nokia Driver

thanks for the tutorial.

the Qcomm bootloader part is fast and easy.

However, when i am trying to flash with the custom rom, the NSS doesn't detect the phone (even i see USB connection, with normal mode, but WP7 qcomm is not loaded, even when i click on detect, nothing). on the phone management screen, "read info" i got the followings:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Checking selection...Supported(USB) interface selected.
Init connection...Done.
Phone details:
-----------------
NCSD Version: N/A
SW Version: N/A
HW Version: N/A
IMEI: N/A
Product Code: N/A
Basic Product Code: N/A
Module Code: N/A
Production SN: N/A
Battery life: N/A
Number of Nams: N/A
Number of Mins: N/A
ESN: N/A
ESN Decoded: N/A
PRL Version: N/A
Battery Charge Capacity: N/A
Battery Full Capacity: N/A
Battery Cycle Count: N/A
Battery Temperature: N/A
Battery Voltage: N/A
Battery State of Charge: N/A
Battery Average Current: N/A
Battery Flags: N/A
Battery Standby Current: N/A
Battery MaxLoad Current: N/A
Battery Health State: N/A
Battery Nominal Capacity: N/A
Battery Remaining Capacity: N/A

In device manager, the system read Nokia RM-809, but doesn't install the driver (i have installed the nokia driver pack) (do i need to have the driver installed before custom rom can be flashed?).

can someone please point me to the right direction? I want to ask if this is the problem why i can't flash with the custom rom?

thanks

ps, for some reason, NSS can't read the phone IMEI

pps: i think one of my problems is my windows doesn't install the lumia driver, can anyone extract the driver for me?

Last edited:

donvale

Dec 20, 2010
thanks for the tutorial.

the Qcomm bootloader part is fast and easy.

However, when i am trying to flash with the custom rom, the NSS doesn't detect the phone (even i see USB connection, with normal mode, but WP7 qcomm is not loaded, even when i click on detect, nothing). on the phone management screen, "read info" i got the followings:

Checking selection...Supported(USB) interface selected.
Init connection...Done.
Phone details:
-----------------
NCSD Version: N/A
SW Version: N/A
HW Version: N/A
IMEI: N/A
Product Code: N/A
Basic Product Code: N/A
Module Code: N/A
Production SN: N/A
Battery life: N/A
Number of Nams: N/A
Number of Mins: N/A
ESN: N/A
ESN Decoded: N/A
PRL Version: N/A
Battery Charge Capacity: N/A
Battery Full Capacity: N/A
Battery Cycle Count: N/A
Battery Temperature: N/A
Battery Voltage: N/A
Battery State of Charge: N/A
Battery Average Current: N/A
Battery Flags: N/A
Battery Standby Current: N/A
Battery MaxLoad Current: N/A
Battery Health State: N/A
Battery Nominal Capacity: N/A
Battery Remaining Capacity: N/A

I get this even before i flashed the qualcomm bootloader. Anyone has any idea why? Pls help :) Thanks!

giodelgado

Aug 6, 2010
San Diego, CA
I see there's an issue with the "carrier pin" is this referring to the SIM PIN? or the Unlock pin you get from the original carrier to make it available for world carriers?

I'm asking because I'm using a T-Mobile US 710 and have it working with AT&T and don't want to lose the device unlock status

thanks

blindinlove

Nov 15, 2011
Wakefield
I'm using Nokia Care Suite and the exact steps involved.

I get the following error:

DTL Connection: Could not connect to media. DTL Back-End error code = 0x8400A403. DTL Back-End: Driver initialization failed. DCM status code = 0x84004415, Common USB DCM: No device found from the target USB port, last error code = 0x80100010. .
at Fuse.DtlConnectionClass.ConnectToMedia()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.WezenRecovery.RecoveryConn ectionManager..ctor(FuseLoader fuseLoader, IConnection connection, UserInteractionDelegate userInteractionDelegate)
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.WezenRecovery.RecoveryDial og.RecoveryDialogModel.Flash()
at Nokia.CareSuite.PlugIns.WezenRecovery.RecoveryDial og.RecoveryDialogModel.<HandleDownloadVariantPacka geCompleted>b__7(Object state)

When I connect my phone to determine DLOAD/Qualcomm, it neither shows DLOAD in Device Manager nor does it show Qualcomm installing or asks for format. It just shows Nokia USB Connectivity

What should I do as NSSPRO wont work? Even after running as admin, it gives 'EAccessViolation' error.

Last edited:

razer1224

Feb 22, 2012
guys no video tutorial i dont understand this step check nokia usb connectivity in the NSS White Box??

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

Drivers in the Flash of bootloader doesnt work
im in Win7 32bit

ameyanaik

Jul 20, 2009
San Francisco
ameyanaik.com
While Checking the Bootloader To my Lumia 710 It shows Qualcomm Techno...
And While Flashing the Custom ROM it Shows " Are U Sure U have a Qcom Bootloader and Process ends there..
I tried Installing Bootloader But After Reading Info.. Correctly NSS shows Phone Not Found
Any1 plz.. Help ASAP!!

marcuac

Jul 24, 2011
Hi all, just want to confirm with you before I proceed, does this work on Lumia 710 model RM-809? Has anyone tested it?

Thanks.

marcuac

Jul 24, 2011
Hi all, just want to confirm with you before I proceed, does this work on Lumia 710 model RM-809? Has anyone tested it?

Thanks.

So I clicked the Install button anyway and a message box popped up saying that if I install this bootloader I will no longer be able to update the phone with Nokia Care Suite, Zune or NSS. I cancelled at this point.

Can someone please explain what the implications are? How would I update the phone in the future? How/where will I get new firmwares when released? Can I only use custom ROMs from now on? Will I be able to flash future stock ROMs with NSS Pro?

Also, if I do a Zune update first would I still be able to downgrade the bootloader?

Any other details would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all this is not my work, i was not able to the team with this, but i was following everything and have a heads up as well..

Note : Links Updated

biktor_gj over at XDA along with ULTRASHOT managed this.

NOTE : IF YOU HAVE A LUMIA 800 WITH QUALCOMM , PM ME

Second : IF YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU READ PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS!
    GET IN TOUCH WITH ME OR A MOD, WE WILL HELP YOU.
    I CAN TRY TO HELP YOU REMOTELY BUT WE'LL NEED TO ADJUST THE TIME.

Third : There is some risk in this if you dont do it correct by yourself, myself and no one is responsible for your device.
    This is all under your own risk.
    Even if we help you i tell you till now i havent nor any of my friends havent bricked a phone.
    To make sure, we are well aware of how this works.

You need Something called as a Qualcomm on 800 and 710

For a 710 device , any 710 can be unlocked, even if it has a DLOAD.
    For an 800, only a device showing up as Qualcomm can be unlocked.
    A DLOAD in 800 cannot be unlocked as yet.

To know what type of Loader you have follow this :

Open device manager in you PC (Just so you dont miss the driver installation, its better view able in Device manager)

Power off your phone , dont plug the USB as yet.

Hold VOLUME UP button and plug the USB in the PC.

Check device manager.

You will have a DLOAD or a Nokia cable connectivity or a Qualcomm technology.

In case of DLOAD and Nokia cable connectivity. Nothing else will be noticeable.

If you get a Qualcomm, u will get a box to format Disk, say NO!

SO now

Qualcomm = unlocked bootloader

DLOAD = Locked bootloader

* UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER = NO NCS = YES CUSTOM ROM
    * LOCKED BOOTLOADER = YES NCS = NO CUSTOM ROM

For Lumia 710 users, u need to flash a Qualcomm bootloader (Unlocked bootloader) to enable Qualcomm , so u can Full Unlock your device.

If You have DLOAD, follow the full tuto.
    IF you have a Qualcomm, goto step B.

[glow=red,2,300]Important : Flashing a CUSTOM ROM, to full unlock your phone will need a HARD RESET , in which you will loose all your data.
    I would recommend you back up all your data, mostly just sync your pics and stuff of you PC and sync your contacts to your LIVE ID.[/glow]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A.To install Qualcomm Bootloader in Lumia 710:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9kM0hDMgWA&feature=youtu.be

1.Download the new version NSS

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rjn2ffwau8drfnn

2.Extract to a folder, start the program.A folder named "loaders" will be created in the NSS folder.

3.Download this : http://www.4shared.com/rar/RmIuS9gP/qualcomm_bootloader_files_for_.html

4.Insert the 2 loaders from above link in \loaders\special\wp7\

RM803_12w07_prod_generic_nokia_osbl.esco &
    RM803_11w48_prod_raw_nokia_osbl.bin

5.Install these drivers:

http://www.4shared.com/rar/W5cHhg6V/winusb_drivers_x86.html for 32 bit users
    http://www.4shared.com/rar/Iz4Y5JEm/winusb_drivers_x64.html * for 64 bit users

6.Now select "Nokia USB Connectivity" in NSS in the white box.

6. Go to Flashing->WP7 Tools->Install.

DONE.

Now you have an unlocked bootloader, so u can flash a custom ROM.

head to 2nd part.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    B.To flash a Full unlocked rom in Lumia 710:

Before flashing i would suggest you use this : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25126572&postcount=642

so you dont have to go through for the activation code.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV-CkXFz3ZI&feature=youtu.be

1.Download any of these Custom ROMs

RainbowMod for Lumia 710 [Updated 28.07.2012] : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1654415

Rataplan V1.0 - WP 7.8 for Lumia 710 All languages : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1937317

Lumiatrix 5 - [WP 7.8] - [ALL LANGUAGES!!] by vova1609 : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1899973

2.Extract both the files in same folder (select both rar files and right click>extract here)

3.You will get a file new-os.nb

4.Open NSS PRO

5.Go To Flashing - >WP7 Tools

6.Power on Phone normally and connect it using USB cable.

7.Let Windows Find your phone with correct drivers.

8.On Bottom - Left choose Nokia USB Connectivity.

9.Click On DETECT

10.Select "Normal Mode", "OSBL Mode" from the dropdown boxes.

11.Now click on "OS File" and choose the ".NB" file you want to flash.

12.Click on "Write OS".

13.Wait till it flashes and then when it says done, unplug your device and remove the battery.
    Now reinsert and switch on.

In case your phone is not detected by the PC,

Run NSS PRO as administrator

Power off your phone and disconnect the USB from the PC

Now hold volume UP key and plug it into the USB

Then you should be able to Write OS perfectly.

14.While entering LIVE ID during setup it asks for activation code.
    Go here HERE

Chat with them and ask for activation code and enter it in the device and proceed.

I am not responsible fro any damage done to your device, you take all responsibility for what you do.
    Thanks mate..

could u help me with link?

I will add it to the thread, and give both ways as optional for which people feel easier :)

use this tool,skip the dsp and usp,it isn't need bakup the dpp!

the thread:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1665821:)
    iv mentioned clearly in red..NO! for a format!! :/

oh and I know now, but before I had read everything.
    But let me how to make my Nokia
    No one initial bzzzz so nothing impossible with her.
    thanks for this guide

I'm kinda noobish with WP flashing, I have a T-Mobile USA branded Lumia 710 and I've heard that the Nokia Network Setup app has been missing for months now, if I am unable to get it with the stock ROM will I be able to flash like an official Indian ROM with this guide? someone told me a version that has preloaded the Nokia Network Setup on it, I've heard also about Russian versions...

any feedback would be appreciated

this guide is for flashing a 710 with custom ROM

and the network app is missing...
    u might need to download an older firmware for this.

but i would suggest u stick to updated, since there is a huge improvement in battry