• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TUTORIAL] How to change bootanimation on stock ROM and some to download

Search This thread

zarpel

Apr 9, 2012
Hi people,

first, I don't speak english very well.

I will show you how to change the bootanimation on froyo 2.2 or gingerbread 2.3.X.

What you need?

• Root
  • Stock ROM
  • Root Explorer

bootanimation.zip is the set of several images that formed a "video" at start of your device.
bootanimation.zip: within this file can contain two folders:
part0 (first part of the animation)
part1 (second part of the animation)
Note: Some have only the folder bootanimation part0
And a text file called:
"Desc"
Within this file there are some parameters:

320 480 15 p p 1 0 0 0 part0 part1
Subtitles:
Red: Size of the picture, regardless of the size that it is within the file "bootanimation.zip" the size of it on the screen of your device will be determined in the field, with 320 width and 480 height. In Galaxy Mini you will use 240x320.
Green: 15 is the time in which images appear, the faster that number, the faster the "video" boot.
Blue: It means how many times the animation will appear in the folder, ie, p 1 0 part0, the animation of a folder will appear as 0.
Purple: The same thing the Blue, but in a folder, ie, the end of the animation.

3 - Understand how to create a bootanimation.zip

1 - you have the image in jpg or png named as you want as long as the end of each name finds the numbers in sequence. EX: 000, 001, 002, 003 ...
2 - Compress images using WinRAR like this:

compct

Filename: bootanimation.zip
File Format: ZIP
Method of storage: Store

4 - Okay, now having bootanimation.zip, copy to SD;
5 - Open Root Explorer and navigate to the directory "system / bin
6 - Look for the "samsungani" or "samsungloop", press and hold over the file, and select "MOVE";
7 - Browse to the folder "sdcard" and tap "PASTE"

Warning: If you have problems with
"Warning: can not've moved because the file system is read-only"
Press the right corner of Root Explorer
"Mount R / W" to be "Mount R / O!

8 - Back to the folder "system / bin" and browse to the "bootanimation"; - Navigate to the folder "sdcard" and tap "PASTE"
9 - Rename the file "bootanimation" to "samsungani" or "samsungloop" (depending on the file that you moved to SD in step 6)
10 - Now navigate to the "sdcard" and copy the bootanimation.zip;
11 - Navigate to the folder "system / media" and paste the bootanimation.zip here.
12 - rename the 2 files with extension. "MGQ" (removing the "g" at the end);

Reboot and enjoy! :D

I hope you like it! ;)

examiner

Oct 25, 2011
batangas
is this fully working,cause i tried alot of tutorials regarding changing boot animation in stock rom,im using XWKTN 2.3.6,rooted..i have backups of samsungani and bootanimation,the last tutorial i did was.changing bootanimation file to samsungani and delete the samsungani in system/bin and replace bootanimation in system/media..i have nothing to replace in system media,ive only see bootsamsungloop.qmg and samsungloop.qmg?i will just rename that qmg to qm?even though i have no original bootanimation ..just palce my downloaded bootanimation in system/media?..i usually ended up in start up bootanimation,its just stuck there in previous tutorial i follwed.so i have to reflash again..hehehe

Last edited:

crazedfusion

Mar 31, 2012
Hi people,

I will show you how to change the bootanimation on froyo 2.2 or gingerbread 2.3.X.

What you need?

• Root
  • Stock ROM
  • Root Explorer

bootanimation.zip is the set of several images that formed a "video" at start of your device.
And a text file called:
"Desc"

Subtitles:
Red: Size of the picture, regardless of the size that it is within the file "bootanimation.zip" the size of it on the screen of your device will be determined in the field, with 320 width and 480 height. In Galaxy Mini you will use 240x320.
Green: 15 is the time in which images appear, the faster that number, the faster the "video" boot.
Blue: It means how many times the animation will appear in the folder, ie, p 1 0 part0, the animation of a folder will appear as 0.

1 - you have the image in jpg or png named as you want as long as the end of each name finds the numbers in sequence. EX: 000, 001, 002, 003 ...

compct

6 - Look for the "samsungani" or "samsungloop", press and hold over the file, and select "MOVE";

8 - Back to the folder "system / bin" and browse to the "bootanimation"; - Navigate to the folder "sdcard" and tap "PASTE"
9 - Rename the file "bootanimation" to "samsungani" or "samsungloop" (depending on the file that you moved to SD in step 6)
11 - Navigate to the folder "system / media" and paste the bootanimation.zip here.

I hope you like it! ;)

Thanks

---------- Post added at 08:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Is the procedure same on custom rom:confused:

missyou_mylove

Aug 18, 2012
Hà Nội
It's great!... However It's long so I Flash cumstom rom and I have a easier way to change boot animation :p and the performance of custom rom, too

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda

rahul gunda

Nov 2, 2012
Problem

Hi people,

What you need?

• Root
  • Stock ROM
  • Root Explorer

And a text file called:
"Desc"

Subtitles:

compct

I hope you like it! ;)

Which 2 files do we have to rename??

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
AW: [TUTORIAL] How to change bootanimation on stock ROM and some to download

If you are rooted then ROM toolbox would work fine

Sent from my GT-S5570 using XDA

I used 'Bootanimation changer' or something like that from ROM toolbox but it didn't work for my mini?!

Sent from my GT-S5570 using xda app-developers app

ninafakoe

Dec 10, 2012
Uban

Attachments

• RomToolbox.png
    RomToolbox.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 141
  • com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox.apk
    6.4 MB · Views: 45

galeh13

Feb 2, 2013
Need fast response

My phone rooted, stock room, locked bl, gingerbread, it's bootloop, i rename 2 file "bootsamsung" & other i forget, from extension "qgm" to "qg", after i reboot it stuck in boot animation.
How to repair it whitout flashing?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi people,

What you need?

• Root
    • Stock ROM
    • Root Explorer

And a text file called:
    "Desc"

Subtitles:

compct

I hope you like it! ;)