[TUTORIAL] How to change your splash screen (first bootscreen) (o'.')-o Q('.'Q)

Search This thread

mburdess

Jul 7, 2010
error message

Hi flashed the new spl, then trying to send splash screen and I get an error message when using fastboot.

Any advice?

Also since flashing the spl the overclock widget wont load as it says my phone isnt a g1 or g2 any reason for this?

cheers

Last edited:

MacaronyMax

Aug 27, 2008
Oxford
Hi flashed the new spl, then trying to send splash screen and I get an error message when using fastboot.

Any advice?

Also since flashing the spl the overclock widget wont load as it says my phone isnt a g1 or g2 any reason for this?

cheers

Hhhmmm.... i would reccomend re downloading and reflashing the spl incase it was corrupt in some way, and for the OC widget maybe try re-install it, if that doesnt work maybe re flash your rom for the ocwid but not much i can thinki off at mo, if you dont fix it just say and ill think of what else it could be ;)

masterpfa

Mar 17, 2008
London UK
Hi thought i'd share this tut i have not seen many things on this.
# Note: I am not in anyway responsible if you brick your phone as this can be very dangerous :D Good Luck :p :D

First you need to flash a new spl version, you can go ahead without and try if it works but it's most likely not going to let you with out changing your spl to an unlocked one :D
Use the SPL below, flash it as if it were a rom, once flashed reboot it will boot into recovery again, leave it for a little while then hit reboot your phone should then boot up normally. View attachment 385769 <-- (SPL)
Thanks, had a locked SPL on my Hero (even worse T-Mobile SPL screen :) ) but thanks to you, that's no longer the case:D

Last edited:

factualpuddle

Aug 4, 2010
Middletown
this tutorial totally made my day. haha :cool:

Attachments

• splash420.png
    splash420.png
    58.9 KB · Views: 359