[Tutorial] How to easily flash (unbrand) your Lumia using Windows Phone Recovery Tool

Search This thread

Nhowka

Apr 12, 2015
I was trying to use the files downloaded by Navifirm, but my Lumia 930 was only being detected by the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. So I tried to force it to use the files of the other product code. For that, I tried to change the product code on the memory and it just worked, even when the files weren't previously downloaded.

The only things you need is a memory editor, I used Cheat Engine, and the Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

First, simply open the Recovery Tool
View attachment 3257818

If you aren't sure of your product code it would be good to open the folder where the tool download its files, usually C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages. If you already know your product code, you can jump to step five.
View attachment 3257822

In the Recovery Tool, click on your phone. It will show the version installed and the version that you can install.
View attachment 3257821

Doing that will populate the folder, and there you can see a file with your phone model, the product code (In my case 059W306), and the firmware it can download. You just need the product code.
View attachment 3257817

I won't teach in depth how to use Cheat Engine or where to download it. It should be easy to attach the Recovery Tool process to it anyway (File -> Open Process -> Select the process WindowsPhoneRecoveryTool.exe). Then, choose the value type String, mark the checkbox Unicode, put your product code on the field and click "First Search" . Doing that will populate the table in the left with the places in memory where it appears. Select all and click the red arrow. Then select all addresses and double-click the value. Input the product code you want. (In my case, 059W0X5). Click OK and it should be ready.
View attachment 3257816

Now you can go back to the Recovery tool and install the new firmware. It won't show any message that the product code was changed, but you can see it will download it.
View attachment 3257820

If in doubt, you can check in the folder that it's indeed downloading the newest firmware for the product code you input, not the former.
View attachment 3257819

That's it. You will download and install the new firmware using a single tool. Easy as that.

Do it at your own risk. Best regards!

Last edited:

thaddyusmaximus

Nov 13, 2008
Can you change models as well? I want to flash a firmware with Denim but my Lumia 1020 only has 4 variants for RM-877. All have Cyan. I want to go to RM-875. Can you recommend me a product code that is unbranded with Denim?

TIA

BakedOnSomeSour

Sep 20, 2012
Dude.........Thank you so much for this. T mobile still hasn't released the denim update for the lumia 635. I unbranded it and now i have the lastest firmware!!!
For those of you with the lumia 635 here is the unbranded product code

Naked/unbranded North American multi-variant (RM-975 VAR NAM 4R CV)

Product type: RM-975

Product code: 059W4X2

Laquox

Apr 2, 2011
Unfortunately this still doesn't get around the "pre-portico" AT&T 920 issue. It will not work on a branded ATT 920

beka909

Jan 25, 2012
I also have Lumia 635 ATT version and If I change to 000-GB and RM-974 XXXXX do I get update for RM-974 instead of RM-975 and my phone become eu version ? :eek:

I flashed with Microsoft image designer but no LTE support detected for flashed att version to EU in Georgia republic,,,
so Bands doenst change

Hritwik

Jan 27, 2014
Jaipur
i mean what are you trying to convey...you said your lumia 930 was only detected by pc...What does it mean.....:rolleyes:.

actually can you tell me what are you trying to convey through this tutorial???
Are you trying to tell that we can actually flash lumia 930's firmware into other model like lumia 830????
please make yourself clear....:eek:

tarund

Oct 17, 2010
Thank you so much! I'm so glad I was able to get Denim on my AT&T Lumia 635 GoPhone. It is insanely faster now.

antonio8909

Jul 6, 2014
I can't do it! Cheat Engine didn't find my product code! In my case 059X1N6 (Lumia 435 Free France ROM)
How can I do it?

Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was trying to use the files downloaded by Navifirm, but my Lumia 930 was only being detected by the Windows Phone Recovery Tool. So I tried to force it to use the files of the other product code. For that, I tried to change the product code on the memory and it just worked, even when the files weren't previously downloaded.

The only things you need is a memory editor, I used Cheat Engine, and the Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

First, simply open the Recovery Tool
    View attachment 3257818

If you aren't sure of your product code it would be good to open the folder where the tool download its files, usually C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages. If you already know your product code, you can jump to step five.
    View attachment 3257822

In the Recovery Tool, click on your phone. It will show the version installed and the version that you can install.
    View attachment 3257821

Doing that will populate the folder, and there you can see a file with your phone model, the product code (In my case 059W306), and the firmware it can download. You just need the product code.
    View attachment 3257817

I won't teach in depth how to use Cheat Engine or where to download it. It should be easy to attach the Recovery Tool process to it anyway (File -> Open Process -> Select the process WindowsPhoneRecoveryTool.exe). Then, choose the value type String, mark the checkbox Unicode, put your product code on the field and click "First Search" . Doing that will populate the table in the left with the places in memory where it appears. Select all and click the red arrow. Then select all addresses and double-click the value. Input the product code you want. (In my case, 059W0X5). Click OK and it should be ready.
    View attachment 3257816

Now you can go back to the Recovery tool and install the new firmware. It won't show any message that the product code was changed, but you can see it will download it.
    View attachment 3257820

If in doubt, you can check in the folder that it's indeed downloading the newest firmware for the product code you input, not the former.
    View attachment 3257819

That's it. You will download and install the new firmware using a single tool. Easy as that.

Do it at your own risk. Best regards!
    nice work, however if you are trying to unbrand ATT 1020; it wont work.
    For unbranded your device (from AT&T ROM), use this tutorial.

that means that I will be able to flash other product code after debranding ?
    You can flash the ROMs covering the RM-893 product type.

okay but lumia 925 has no SD card support..