How To Guide [TUTORIAL] How to enter fastboot mode on Nokia G21?

Search This thread

mvikrant97

Sep 4, 2017
India
Nokia 3
Nokia 8 Sirocco
Requirements:
Nokia G21

1. Switch off your phone.
2. Now hold power key and volume down key at the same time and that's is your phone will be in fastboot mode.

1661603149111.png

asddd22

Aug 25, 2022
Try fastboot reboot recovery
The phone just reboots. In general, if you do not enable debugging, then everything is useless. You can try the unlock tool program, but it is paid and I did not find the actual crack, but they are. Conclusion: Give the phone to a certified service from Nokia, or if a firmware appears, then reflash it. I tried to deal with this problem for about a month, I climbed all the English-speaking and Russian-speaking forums, but I did not find a solution

AltFantasy

Aug 18, 2021
Nokia X10/X20
The phone just reboots. In general, if you do not enable debugging, then everything is useless. You can try the unlock tool program, but it is paid and I did not find the actual crack, but they are. Conclusion: Give the phone to a certified service from Nokia, or if a firmware appears, then reflash it. I tried to deal with this problem for about a month, I climbed all the English-speaking and Russian-speaking forums, but I did not find a solution
eh, the tool seems like it's locked and is only usable for people who work for Nokia only (regarding features like unlocking bootloaders and fastboot mode, I think?). You can't give your phone to them and ask them to unlock the bootloader for your phone, though, because:

1. Nokia's, or rather, HMD's phones (might) all have incomplete bootloaders (even HMD employees cannot unlock them.)
The only ways to open those phones, is to either hack into HMD servers, and get the unlock keys (but as said before, some, if not most or even all, of the phones cannot be unlocked (even with the keys), because HMD decided to use broken bootloaders, not to mention that this way is definitely illegal and/or very expensive and requires a lot of expertise to execute, and if you do have the expertise, you are better off buying something else that is unlockable anyway by legally working for a company and getting paid), or acquire prototype units that are unlockable (Hikari_Calyx sometimes buys prototype/unreleased versions of Nokia phones in order to get some stuff inside the phones, and create tools for unlocking the retail units), so if you ask him, maybe he'll reveal something. Getting those prototypes are extremely hard unless you live in China, though.)

2. Their customer service is just simply infuriating to work with, especially when it comes to bootloader unlocking.
They would just straight up refuse to unlock your bootloader, citing reasons like "security", "safety" and just ignoring the fact that if you're asking them something like that, it (probably) means that you are knowledgeable enough to know what you're doing and blah blah blah.

Reactions: asddd22

asddd22

Aug 25, 2022
eh, the tool seems like it's locked and is only usable for people who work for Nokia only (regarding features like unlocking bootloaders and fastboot mode, I think?). You can't give your phone to them and ask them to unlock the bootloader for your phone, though, because:

1. Nokia's, or rather, HMD's phones (might) all have incomplete bootloaders (even HMD employees cannot unlock them.)
The only ways to open those phones, is to either hack into HMD servers, and get the unlock keys (but as said before, some, if not most or even all, of the phones cannot be unlocked (even with the keys), because HMD decided to use broken bootloaders, not to mention that this way is definitely illegal and/or very expensive and requires a lot of expertise to execute, and if you do have the expertise, you are better off buying something else that is unlockable anyway by legally working for a company and getting paid), or acquire prototype units that are unlockable (Hikari_Calyx sometimes buys prototype/unreleased versions of Nokia phones in order to get some stuff inside the phones, and create tools for unlocking the retail units), so if you ask him, maybe he'll reveal something. Getting those prototypes are extremely hard unless you live in China, though.)

2. Their customer service is just simply infuriating to work with, especially when it comes to bootloader unlocking.
They would just straight up refuse to unlock your bootloader, citing reasons like "security", "safety" and just ignoring the fact that if you're asking them something like that, it (probably) means that you are knowledgeable enough to know what you're doing and blah blah blah.
My phone was unblocked at a licensed center, now it is going back to me by mail
1. There was an idea to re-lock the phone and sew a Trojan-hooker into it, hoping for the carelessness of the service and that the phone would have time to pull out the keys if possible and there would be enough time, but I think it's not legal, so for now I don't even want to try. If only for your own interest, then later. It even seems to me that it is almost impossible
2. They told me the same thing and just threw off the contacts of the service and that's it, and when asked how can I do it myself, they said sorry, we can't help with anything
P.S. As soon as the phone comes back I will continue experiments on it there are a few more ideas.It would be great to find flash files

Last edited:

AltFantasy

Aug 18, 2021
Nokia X10/X20
1. There was an idea to re-lock the phone and sew a Trojan-hooker into it, hoping for the carelessness of the service and that the phone would have time to pull out the keys if possible and there would be enough time, but I think it's not legal, so for now I don't even want to try. If only for your own interest, then later. It even seems to me that it is almost impossible
2. They told me the same thing and just threw off the contacts of the service and that's it, and when asked how can I do it myself, they said sorry, we can't help with anything
P.S. As soon as the phone comes back I will continue experiments on it there are a few more ideas.It would be great to find flash files
For 1), I really doubt you can hide the trojan horse inside something that is soft-bricked, but hey, it's just my opinion, and even if you can hide it, there's a high chance they can spot the whole thing if you don't hide it well, then either report that to the authorities, or sue you for stealing information. I'm pretty sure that we can hide something inside the hardware chips, and transmit back stuff and whatnot though, but that's likely to be improbable, since hardware stuff requires software from both sides to be useful.

And as for 2), that's the exact thing I got with Nokia customer service before. It's literal ****ING stupid that they have to pull out all sorts of stupid excuses for not unlocking their phones' bootloaders (like "security", "safety", etc...) I sent quite a lot of emails to them, asking about bootloader unlocking, but it felt as if they're straight up ignoring the point of the questions

Reactions: asddd22

asddd22

Aug 25, 2022
It would be fine to unlock the phone, for example, if I forgot my password, it was free, but they demand money for it. Well, by the way, yesterday I remembered about resetting via Google account, but it is necessary that all the conditions are met: Internet connection, GPS and something else. I'm not sure, but there seems to be no button to turn on GPS in the curtain, so this method did not work for me. Move the gps to the curtain so that there is another reset option

GlassGhost

Oct 23, 2011
So, anyone already got to recovery (or at least -fastboot reboot fastboot commmand to work?)
Doesnt matter android 11 or android 12

VinaceAle2807

Apr 18, 2023
Try this command when it's on : "adb reboot fastboot"
On my Nokia G21 works but you need the new Android 12 update.
There is Android 12 for Nokia G21 in Italy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For 1), I really doubt you can hide the trojan horse inside something that is soft-bricked, but hey, it's just my opinion, and even if you can hide it, there's a high chance they can spot the whole thing if you don't hide it well, then either report that to the authorities, or sue you for stealing information. I'm pretty sure that we can hide something inside the hardware chips, and transmit back stuff and whatnot though, but that's likely to be improbable, since hardware stuff requires software from both sides to be useful.

And as for 2), that's the exact thing I got with Nokia customer service before. It's literal ****ING stupid that they have to pull out all sorts of stupid excuses for not unlocking their phones' bootloaders (like "security", "safety", etc...) I sent quite a lot of emails to them, asking about bootloader unlocking, but it felt as if they're straight up ignoring the point of the questions