How To Guide TUTORIAL: How to fix Redmi Note 11 rebooting when unlocked (no data loss)

Search This thread

vindit

Nov 23, 2018
wiping it out fixed the phone?
Hey, I wiped it out, then enabled USB debugging but didn't do anything really. Then after like 6 hours or so it started restarting again, so I had to uninstall the qualcomm service via adb, however this time I had USB debugging enabled so all went smoothly.

Franzpan

Nov 16, 2022
Guys this fix has worked perfectly. No need to wipe your phone, you can enable USB debugging with a few steps.

I downloaded the following app, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.tennkia.apr&gl=GB This will create a home screen shortcut straight to the developer options screen cutting out a couple of valuable seconds to allow debugging. Its hard to download before the phone crashes, first type in 'USB DEBUG' to the play store before your phone crashes. Next time the name will auto fill into the search bar without needing to type it out fully and therefore will give you enough time to download the app. After the next crash you will then need to drag the app icon to your first home screen for easy access.

Also setting up ADB is hard to figure out for first time users, use the following video guide to download it correctly.

LesBillBell

Nov 13, 2022
Thanks to everyone for posting here, especially @AdonysGames
I was una.ble to beat the ten-second timer until I wiped the phone. Most data has been restored from Google backup. Now downloading MIUI 13.0.1.0.SGKEUTF Stable - will that fix the bug, if it completes?

Last edited:

umen242

Nov 16, 2022
You can see a lot of tips on this thread.
Ok great news ! heating the phone did the trick ... but you realy need to heat it few times then you will see the slowness and it will enable you to pass the "OK" button count down ...
Can someone here explain the source of this crash ? is it phone update ? or what ?
How to avoid it next time ?

adar$h000

Nov 16, 2022
Hey everyone!
If you're reading this, you probably have the same problem as tens of people here: your phone reboots when you unlock it.
However, don't lose hope! It can be fixed easily and without wiping the system (which was the first way to fix this, but you'd lose your files :( ).

You need USB Debugging, which, if it isn't already active, can be a pain to enable (I know firsthand lol) but you can do it if you're fast enough (tip: use the settings icon in notifications to open settings faster).
I won't go into enabling it, you can find lots of tutorials online.

Here's how (computer with ADB needed, Google it if you don't know):
Plug your phone in your computer *before* unlocking it, then unlock it and accept connection.

For security reasons, I'll recommend you let the phone reboot now, as we don't want the phone to corrupt even more by trying what's next while the device is mid-reboot (that's the dangerous part).

Then, when the phone's on, don't unlock it, and:

-In a cmd prompt with ADB, type in:
adb shell

-Then:
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.qualcomm.location

Now hopefully, your phone should work normally!
Thanks to pxbrz on Reddit for finding this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/ymr7yf/_/ivdu7z9 :)
Sir, but my phone is never going to turn on for anything to do,
its running in the bootloop for long.. :(
what to do?

AdonysGames

Oct 7, 2018
what to do?
Unfortunately, this might be another problem, because the problem I and other people on this thread have is that the phone can boot, it just reboots when it's unlocked. I'd recommend you try to look for another thread w/ the same problem or create one yourself

Reactions: adar$h000

Haniyaxoxo

Nov 15, 2022
Ok great news ! heating the phone did the trick ... but you realy need to heat it few times then you will see the slowness and it will enable you to pass the "OK" button count down ...
Can someone here explain the source of this crash ? is it phone update ? or what ?
How to avoid it next time ?

That's great! hmmm for the source of the crash that i don't know.. i think it's somehow related to system updates? I'm not sure. I visited an MI store and one employee told me is that this is because of interruption while updating the system because in my case i enabled auto update so in when the system updates and i'm not aware of it aaannddd i just go out and disconnect from wifi, the update stops. As per the employee, if were gonna update, we need to finish it.

for now i haven't updated yet and my usb debugging is still enabled. trauma. phew hahaha

umen242

Nov 16, 2022
That's great! hmmm for the source of the crash that i don't know.. i think it's somehow related to system updates? I'm not sure. I visited an MI store and one employee told me is that this is because of interruption while updating the system because in my case i enabled auto update so in when the system updates and i'm not aware of it aaannddd i just go out and disconnect from wifi, the update stops. As per the employee, if were gonna update, we need to finish it.

for now i haven't updated yet and my usb debugging is still enabled. trauma. phew hahaha
i disabled the updated first thing after saving my data

omar750608

Nov 14, 2022
Following your advice, I fixed it.

A new MIUI 13.0.14.0 update is out, is it to be trusted, has anyone tried it?

Good day everyone.

Haniyaxoxo

Nov 15, 2022
Hey everyone!
If you're reading this, you probably have the same problem as tens of people here: your phone reboots when you unlock it.
However, don't lose hope! It can be fixed easily and without wiping the system (which was the first way to fix this, but you'd lose your files :( ).

You need USB Debugging, which, if it isn't already active, can be a pain to enable (I know firsthand lol) but you can do it if you're fast enough (tip: use the settings icon in notifications to open settings faster).

Plug your phone in your computer *before* unlocking it, then unlock it and accept connection.

For security reasons, I'll recommend you let the phone reboot now, as we don't want the phone to corrupt even more by trying what's next while the device is mid-reboot (that's the dangerous part).

adb shell

-Then:

Thanks to pxbrz on Reddit for finding this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/ymr7yf/_/ivdu7z9 :)

is it safe to update it to the latest version? got some trauma here 🥲

W3ck

Nov 27, 2022
Hello, I am new new to adb and all of this and I have a question - does anyone know if uninstalling com.qualcomm.location voids warranty? Or does it pretty much not matter

nedimh

Dec 6, 2022
Tested Redmi Note 11 NFC, recovery rom v13.0.1 EEA android 12.
Download Mi PC Suite
https://mega.nz/file/c3JBkTzQ#_3oDxpDsXdo88Q5AbkknDEREhesi4njnJQ8WEmhgUJk
1. run the program,
2. connect phone in Mi Assistant mode to PC and then go to Update tab to check the latest software version, its the 2nd line (auto download does not work, find the correct version online for your device (Recovery ROM not the full one)
3. After you download right Recovery ROM chose manual file...pop up will appear after file check, click on update without data loss...takes a while after that your phone will be fixed.
Good luck.

Waypee

Dec 7, 2022
Tested Redmi Note 11 NFC, recovery rom v13.0.1 EEA android 12.
Download Mi PC Suite
https://mega.nz/file/c3JBkTzQ#_3oDxpDsXdo88Q5AbkknDEREhesi4njnJQ8WEmhgUJk
1. run the program,
2. connect phone in Mi Assistant mode to PC and then go to Update tab to check the latest software version, its the 2nd line (auto download does not work, find the correct version online for your device (Recovery ROM not the full one)
3. After you download right Recovery ROM chose manual file...pop up will appear after file check, click on update without data loss...takes a while after that your phone will be fixed.
Good luck.
Hello, thanks for the tips and sorry in advance for my question (quite not used to do these things) and my english. So basically, I downloaded the recovery ROM (zip file), clicked on "select a file" and selected it, but the Mi PC Suite told me "error checking firmware".

Maybe I did something wrong ? Could you please help me ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
Hello, thanks for the tips and sorry in advance for my question (quite not used to do these things) and my english. So basically, I downloaded the recovery ROM (zip file), clicked on "select a file" and selected it, but the Mi PC Suite told me "error checking firmware".

Thanks in advance.
You can also, do it, through the system updates, using just the phone, no need for a PC.

nedimh

Dec 6, 2022
It

Thanks in advance.
Wrong recovery rom or damaged files.

KMS45

Nov 21, 2022
what to do?
Hello guys, here I have the same problem as this dude, anyone can help ?? When rebooting going back directly to recovery mode and it is not possible to have any second on the lock screen...

nedimh

Dec 6, 2022
Hello guys, here I have the same problem as this dude, anyone can help ?? When rebooting going back directly to recovery mode and it is not possible to have any second on the lock screen...
If you have Mi Assistant option in Recovery then follow my instructions it will also keep the data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone!

adb shell

-Then:

Hi All,

You don't need Powershell to run these commands, even a normal command prompt will do. That's how I did mine...

The important thing is to check you've installed ADB correctly, and that your device is being picked up / registered.
    Easiest way to do that is to type "adb -devices" and if you see some random characters on the line below, it's found your device. If it says nothing below, it hasn't found it, and no matter what you type will have no effect.

If you're struggling to get commands working or using ADB, then use the attached program. Has quick access to certain features and will open a command line shell to ya phone...

Hope this helps,

Lister
    I've tried enabling USB debugging well over a 100 times (in total I took about 4 hours of purely trying to enable debugging) however had no luck. Had to wipe my data out, but luckily, most of it was backed up.
    I literally cried after I finished the 10 sec-usb debugging challenge. I did it by placing my phone near a boiling kettle since im preparing my coffee. The heat from boiling kettle + airplane mode + battery saver did it for me! So crazy, just for my precious files :<
    I think it worked!!! You guys are amazing people thank you all!!!!!
    24 hours after the procedure it worked here on my

thank you very much to you who figured out how to stop this bug and still have the kindness to post it here! you are amazing! I hope one day you will be rewarded for it!