• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TUTORIAL] How to Flash a ROM into your TG01

Search This thread

arag0n85

Jul 29, 2009
There is 2 methods to flash a TG01. In any case, you will need to Fully Charge Your Battery. The 2 methods are, the so called "pin method" and "sddl+ method". The PIN method may be performed also with a half-bricked TG01. The PIN method CAN'T RECOVER a full-bricked TG01 (no ROM at all, or a full corrupted one).

This tutorial is based on this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654299

SDDL+ Method

• Unrar SDDL.rar, place the files into your SD Card.
  • Create a folder called PRG on your SD Card.
  • Place your ROM (.tsw) on the PRG folder.**
  • Execute the SDDL+ at your SD Card to initialize the flashing.

**Note: Sometimes the SDDL+ Reports file not found, in this case, you may need to rename the rom to "TG01WP_00.tsw". After this, the ROM should flash properly.

Link SDDL: http://t0a.duyet.com/SDDL.rar

PIN Recovery Method

• Place your ROM (.tsw) on the PRG folder.
  • Rename your ROM extension from (.tsw) to (.enc) at the PRG folder.
  • Remove the SIM Card
  • Remove the black plastic tab under where the SIM lies
  • Replace the battery
  • Secure the battery - use Velcro cable tie, rubber band or sticky tape (vital it does not fall out while Flashing!)
  • Short (connect together) Pin 1 and Pin 3; then press the Reset Button
  • Hold for 10 seconds or so; then release
  • Turn phone over and should show white Flash screen in progress until completed and says Successful - Rebooting

Shorten pin Method Picture:
img0023lp.jpg

Last edited:

coolkat

Sep 5, 2007
a small note..

i successfully bricked my phone today :p and was trying this method for the first time and it didnot give me the white screen so i switched on the phone and while it is at "toshiba" screen, i performed the short/reset procedure and now its loading. hope this helps for ppl who cant get this to work.

also for shorting the 1 and 3 pin, use a stapler pin.. its short in lenght so not much resistance

kevinpwhite

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 19, 2006
Shorting Pins Jumper

I would strongly recommend NOT using any form of steel wire or implement to short Pins 1 and 3 when reflashing....

The contacts are only thin plated copper pads on the main circuit board and are not intended for repeated prodding with a hard implement.

Instead, I recommend:
- Get a short length of stiff copper wire (eg. out of a piece of mains cable)
- Cut to a suitable length so you can hold comfortably
- Bend back each leg on itself so that you have a nice rounded end to press onto each pad - think of the end of your stylus compared to a pencil.

That should allow repeated use without causing damage to the PCB tracks :)

kevinpwhite

Nov 19, 2006
Short Pins Illustration

Sorry, I don't have enough hands to do a video of the procedure; however hopefully this picture will help....

The jumper 'tool' is not essential, but I have found really helpful when repeatedly recovering a half-bricked device. The stiff copper wire can be bent to exactly the right angle to make comfortable to hold just in the right place and set to the correct gap to match the contacts on the PCB. The folded ends ensure that there is a nice smooth surface touching the contacts and minimal risk of damaging them.

Hold the wire loop firmly in one hand, press onto the contacts; then press the Reset button with the stylus using the other.

The Velcro cable wrap or a rubber band or sticky tape is vital to ensure the battery doesn't fall out when you turn the device over !

View attachment 301949

Last edited:
Reactions: pLUSpISTOL

Laserek_Poland

Jul 11, 2008
Warsaw
As for methods.

1. SDDL much better. You cna change firmware version but cant use if device not starting
2. PIN you have to know which ROM version you can use - cant change variant.

Greg

harisharun

Dec 6, 2008
Am intrested in this rom has any one flashed successfully n using it, or still in test mode. was it a successful one. tommorrow is it possible to reinstal original rom.

michael205

Apr 2, 2010
Making back-up

Hi! I don't want to make another topic so i'll ask it here.
I can't find how to make backup of ROM. I don't want to lose my warranty so it would be best to make it.
I know how to make backup for HTC but im not sure what to do with TG01.
Could someone give me solution?

If there is topic i had not noticed then sry about it :D

nectons2000

Feb 2, 2006
hello

i bricked (i thing) today my tg01.

Please someone help.

I tried to change rom with sddl+ and for some reason stacks at boot with the toshiba logo stacking there.

Well after this i was try with the shorted pin method. Everething worked great except when it finishing download the rom it says rom saccessful download and STAYS there forever :(...

It supposed to say Successfull download - rebooting... But never seed sutch a message :(.
It says ONLY successfull downloaded and nothing else!

When i try to rebooting by my self anyways goes to toshiba logo and the toshiba logo flashes every 2 second and forever without anything happent.

I can hard reset, i can flash any rom i want, BUT never booting. All the time stucks at toshiba logo :( I have try 3 different roms (the 2 ones only with the pin method because it cant boot) and i am despered...

PLEASE friends someone helps me ?

arag0n85

Jul 29, 2009
flash stock rom 2-3 times until boots. If that doesnt work, send the phone to toshiba with a stock rom arguing the phone died while updating :p

nectons2000

Feb 2, 2006

Ok. I ardestand. BUT.. how the heck is possible to starting always flash and successfully done it but after the restart stacks at toshiba logo and flashing every 2 seconds? If it was completely dead i will had a blank screen or not booting at all..

It boots, it hard resets id flashes perfect at every try. But after restart stays at the flashing toshiba logo. So .. it is not completely dead i thing.

Anyone have an official tg01 6.1 rom to try again? I thing the problem is with the roms maybe.

kevinpwhite

Nov 19, 2006
Ok. I ardestand. BUT.. how the heck is possible to starting always flash and successfully done it but after the restart stacks at toshiba logo and flashing every 2 seconds? If it was completely dead i will had a blank screen or not booting at all..

It boots, it hard resets id flashes perfect at every try. But after restart stays at the flashing toshiba logo. So .. it is not completely dead i thing.

Anyone have an official tg01 6.1 rom to try again? I thing the problem is with the roms maybe.

I would suggest DL the latest WM6.5 ROM from the main Toshiba site, complete with the official SDDL.exe and try flashing that. It sounds as if there could be an issue with your copy of SDDL+ If that gets you back up then get a clean copy od SDDL+ before continuing.

bird_9527

Feb 6, 2010
i bricked (i thing) today my tg01.

Please someone help.

I tried to change rom with sddl+ and for some reason stacks at boot with the toshiba logo stacking there.

Well after this i was try with the shorted pin method. Everething worked great except when it finishing download the rom it says rom saccessful download and STAYS there forever :(...

It supposed to say Successfull download - rebooting... But never seed sutch a message :(.
It says ONLY successfull downloaded and nothing else!

When i try to rebooting by my self anyways goes to toshiba logo and the toshiba logo flashes every 2 second and forever without anything happent.

I can hard reset, i can flash any rom i want, BUT never booting. All the time stucks at toshiba logo :( I have try 3 different roms (the 2 ones only with the pin method because it cant boot) and i am despered...

PLEASE friends someone helps me ?

My t01a bircked as well half a month ago, and the condition is just like as you, I can download any ROM sucessfully, but I can not boot and open to system with only the backlight lighting.

if you put out the T-flash card,and connect to PC with usb cable,you will see that PC need you install DL driver-------this is the latest discover so far.

and.....my bricked T01A is still in my package quietly....if you find anything pls kindly let me know.

Dodge0069

Jan 10, 2010
SDDL+ just resets my phone

Hi

When I run SDDL+ it just resets my phone.
I have a TG01WP_00.tsw file in the PRG directory.
After reset it has been renamed to TG01WP_00.enc

That's it. No error, no file not found, no new rom.
Please tell this noob the error of his ways.

--Edit--
Does it maybe have to be in a specific directory?
When i use SDDL (the one without a +) it goes to download and says theres an error restarting the phone.

Last edited:

premikkoci

Apr 16, 2010
Uherské Hradiště
Please help. When I unpack the rar SDDL, creates two files (and TG01_SDDL TG01_sddl +). When I open one of them, so I will write it "Upgrade imege not found, copy an image to prg folder of the storage card. The second is me open and I have the opportunity to download something, but how to pull the download, it says "Download failed. File name is invalid!". I want to do flash method SDDL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is 2 methods to flash a TG01. In any case, you will need to Fully Charge Your Battery. The 2 methods are, the so called "pin method" and "sddl+ method". The PIN method may be performed also with a half-bricked TG01. The PIN method CAN'T RECOVER a full-bricked TG01 (no ROM at all, or a full corrupted one).

This tutorial is based on this post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=654299

SDDL+ Method

• Unrar SDDL.rar, place the files into your SD Card.
    • Place your ROM (.tsw) on the PRG folder.**
    • Execute the SDDL+ at your SD Card to initialize the flashing.

**Note: Sometimes the SDDL+ Reports file not found, in this case, you may need to rename the rom to "TG01WP_00.tsw". After this, the ROM should flash properly.

Link SDDL: http://t0a.duyet.com/SDDL.rar

PIN Recovery Method

• Place your ROM (.tsw) on the PRG folder.
    • Rename your ROM extension from (.tsw) to (.enc) at the PRG folder.
    • Remove the SIM Card
    • Remove the black plastic tab under where the SIM lies
    • Replace the battery
    • Secure the battery - use Velcro cable tie, rubber band or sticky tape (vital it does not fall out while Flashing!)
    • Short (connect together) Pin 1 and Pin 3; then press the Reset Button
    • Hold for 10 seconds or so; then release
    • Turn phone over and should show white Flash screen in progress until completed and says Successful - Rebooting

Shorten pin Method Picture:
    img0023lp.jpg
    Short Pins Illustration

Sorry, I don't have enough hands to do a video of the procedure; however hopefully this picture will help....

The jumper 'tool' is not essential, but I have found really helpful when repeatedly recovering a half-bricked device. The stiff copper wire can be bent to exactly the right angle to make comfortable to hold just in the right place and set to the correct gap to match the contacts on the PCB. The folded ends ensure that there is a nice smooth surface touching the contacts and minimal risk of damaging them.

Hold the wire loop firmly in one hand, press onto the contacts; then press the Reset button with the stylus using the other.

The Velcro cable wrap or a rubber band or sticky tape is vital to ensure the battery doesn't fall out when you turn the device over !

View attachment 301949
    this happen to me also right now
    same problem.
    i try different cards - not solve
    i try renaming - not solve
    i try pin method - not solve
    cannot flash new rom.

it say - 'SD downloading failed. Cannot read file' Then say your phone will restart automatically and no flash :(

the same proble i have also (6 monts ago). try this: delete your old PRG folder inc. SSDL+ exe.

make new PRG folder and place in this new SSDL+ exe.
    thank you mirolg

i try that but still same error.
    it look like it dont find the file it want.
    i am trying to flash your rel.4 instead of beta4 but don't work for me :(
    do u know any new method plz?
    load a official toshiba Rom from the toshiba Website ( you find here in ) and Flash Over PC and USB cable. After you can try to Flash a custom Rom.
    Hi I tried official rom - still same error
    is my sd cards broken? i try 2 different cards too - one is 8gb and other is 2gb.
    do i break cards if i flash very much?

Hello, no you can't break you SD Card with flash ... I have flash many many many time without problem !!!

For me you can test 3 solutions :
    - With another SD card with same properties than the original Toshiba
    - Test on another PC to download and copy on SD card !!
    - Test with another flash method (Pin recovery for exemple)

:) I hope it's help you !!!