• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Tutorial] How to flash CN version ROG Phone 3 to WW version.

Search This thread

EdwardWu6688

Jul 5, 2018
New Taipei
Here is the tutorial about how flash CN Version ROG 3 to WW Version.

Steps:
1. Get a ROG 3 CN Version.
2. Unlock bootloader(option),but still recommend.
3. Flash WW UserRAW with Fastboot mode.
4. Using UL Package from ASUS website to OTA by yourself.( Do this in system. )

Successful !!!!
And U will get two slot WW version.

Note:
1) If you relock,system will give a notify,and wrote this isn't Official system.
2) If you relock, FPS are only 60 FPS whatever U choose 90/120/160

Reactions: MishaalRahman

Wanola

Aug 4, 2020
Fingerprint

Steps:

Successful !!!!

Note:
1) If you relock,system will give a notify,and wrote this isn't Official system.

Hi for this steps do we need to root to change the fingerprint?

MishaalRahman

Editor in Chief
Nov 2, 2015
www.xda-developers.com

Steps:

Successful !!!!

Note:

Got any screenshots/pictures of your Tencent ROG Phone 3 running a WW ROM?

Soygdl

Mar 15, 2017

Steps:

Successful !!!!

Note:

Hello friend, have you not contemplated the possibility of making a video tutorial about it? Personally, I am a rog3 novice, but an expert in other brands

SaadTantawy

Nov 10, 2018
Hello i have an import question what are the supported network bands in the tencent Chinese version of the rog phone 3 for the 2g,3g,4g I'm on Vodafone egypt sim card and I'm afraid if i got the tencent version it won't work in my country
(is the network bands different between the global and the tencent Chinese version?

Tyopan

Sep 24, 2011
flash WW rom is not a big deal, just use ROM in previous post, entering fastboot mode then execute flashall_AFT.cmd from PC (don't use OPEN_* version).
But I don't know how to change it's fingerprint from CN to WW, some articles said need to root to change the value inside /vendor/factory/COUNTRY file. But I cannot find suitable recovery for my ROG 3 CN version, TWRP for ROG3 not release yet.

jinmingyou

Aug 9, 2020
what is changing fingerprint?

flash WW rom is not a big deal, just use ROM in previous post, entering fastboot mode then execute flashall_AFT.cmd from PC (don't use OPEN_* version).
But I don't know how to change it's fingerprint from CN to WW, some articles said need to root to change the value inside /vendor/factory/COUNTRY file. But I cannot find suitable recovery for my ROG 3 CN version, TWRP for ROG3 not release yet.

what is changing fingerprint?

andixxx81

Apr 29, 2011

I think in ROG 3 no need change fingerprint again like Rog2.
But problem is if want update rom,must full download,is it true?

Wanola

Aug 4, 2020
Yes need to root change finger print

Warlord_Link

Jul 15, 2011
People have tested the manual update after converting from CN to WW and the devices got bricked,

So please be patient and wait for the proper conversion tutorial otherwise you'll brick your phone possibly beyond repair

Which thread that people test the manual update?

I also want to know after flash WW rom and put update file to phone. Not flash OPEN_* file and got bricked.

Have to separate the issues.

Tyopan

Sep 24, 2011
My one almost success, but a bit problem : cannot use Google Pay and Netflix.
I also used tools payload dumper to extract .img files and Magisk to root it to change /vendor/factory/COUNTRY if you're interesting and already experience with them.

Detail I still need to investigate to solve my current problems, so not announce here in case you also get the trouble

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
My one almost success, but a bit problem : cannot use Google Pay and Netflix.
I also used tools payload dumper to extract .img files and Magisk to root it to change /vendor/factory/COUNTRY if you're interesting and already experience with them.

Detail I still need to investigate to solve my current problems, so not announce here in case you also get the trouble

Can you provide step by step i9how to flash please?

Is your refresh rates working?

Also, how did you connect your rog 3 to computer because the USB that came with my rog 3 is type c to type c?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just converted on a Tencent Classic. No issues. Comment section in the video, "Putin" suggested to delete "COUNTRY.bak" file after changing fingerprint to change charge screen from chinese to ww. That worked too. Took less then an hour.

Yes, Vladimir Putin, that was me ?? glad I was able to help

Steps:

Successful !!!!

Note:
    relock

fastboot oem asus-lock

Not work in my ROG3

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

For those who are interesting on ROG3 CN to WW, you can refer to this VN channel (via Google Translate for me).
    They seems provide every files you need (including latest rooted boot.img).
    https://t.me/s/rogphonevietnam2

* Take your own risk to do that
    Yes, Vladimir Putin, that was me glad I was able to help

I had a feeling Putin used Android.....

Thx for links/tips/advocating. :good:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.asus.hardwarestub
    This gets rid of notification.