• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Tutorial] How to flash CN version ROG Phone 3 to WW version.

Search This thread

Warlord_Link

Jul 15, 2011
My one almost success, but a bit problem : cannot use Google Pay and Netflix.
I also used tools payload dumper to extract .img files and Magisk to root it to change /vendor/factory/COUNTRY if you're interesting and already experience with them.

Detail I still need to investigate to solve my current problems, so not announce here in case you also get the trouble

Ok, I extract .img and root it using root boot.img and change Fingerprint already.

Have you relock after that?

Tyopan

Sep 24, 2011
Can you provide step by step i9how to flash please?

Is your refresh rates working?

Also, how did you connect your rog 3 to computer because the USB that came with my rog 3 is type c to type c?

1. steps - I'd like to solve my problem first
2. refresh rate - how to test it ?
3. usb cable ? it's very easy to get usb cable with type A to type C, my previous phone also use type A to type C for charging

Thanos88

Apr 28, 2019
1. steps - I'd like to solve my problem first
2. refresh rate - how to test it ?
3. usb cable ? it's very easy to get usb cable with type A to type C, my previous phone also use type A to type C for charging

1. No problem, if you come across anymore problems let us know on here. But Google pay and netlfix is minor so if you could share the steps and instructions that would be great ?

2. Select 60hz 90 hz 120 hz 144 hz and see if they all work correctly

3. What I mean is that My rog 3 only came with a type c To type c. I tried my huawei USB cable with rog 3, and it only works for data transfer (media transfer) but it doesn't work with fastboot.. Which USB cable are you using for your Rog 3?

---------- Post added at 07:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

Ok, I extract .img and root it using root boot.img and change Fingerprint already.

Have you relock after that?

Hi, pleas provide step by step instructions to change fingerprint, root and unlock BL. I am noob at this ? thanks!

Tyopan

Sep 24, 2011
My refresh rate can be changed without problem, just don't know how to test it. (But I didn't relock my phone, I don't know how to re-lock)

USB cable I use Mi and UGreen, both from CN, personlly I will suggest u to change another USB port first, cos I also changed port then success.

Tyopan

Sep 24, 2011
relock

fastboot oem asus-lock

Not work in my ROG3

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

For those who are interesting on ROG3 CN to WW, you can refer to this VN channel (via Google Translate for me).
They seems provide every files you need (including latest rooted boot.img).
https://t.me/s/rogphonevietnam2

* Take your own risk to do that

Reactions: IDunnoLookatXDA

jinmingyou

Aug 9, 2020
oh.. I need English version

Not work in my ROG3

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

For those who are interesting on ROG3 CN to WW, you can refer to this VN channel (via Google Translate for me).

It seems a good website for rog phone user but I don't understand Vietnamese even I live in Vietnam haha

Aug 2, 2020
Thanks for posting. Looks legit. The uploads for the files though are through gdrive, and it hit cap already. Will have to hold on tight. Guess the VN Channel got it right. This Youtube guide is a pretty thorough walkthrough.

Aug 2, 2020
Just converted on a Tencent Classic. No issues. Comment section in the video, "Putin" suggested to delete "COUNTRY.bak" file after changing fingerprint to change charge screen from chinese to ww. That worked too. Took less then an hour.

Tyopan

Sep 24, 2011
{Mod edit: Quoted post removed}

Tks for this, I also solved my problem. Now my Google Pay and Netflix are working without problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

andixxx81

Apr 29, 2011
Just converted on a Tencent Classic. No issues. Comment section in the video, "Putin" suggested to delete "COUNTRY.bak" file after changing fingerprint to change charge screen from chinese to ww. That worked too. Took less then an hour.

It mean if delete country.bak after change to WW,that will no issue notification appears like this "the installed firmware does not match the device origin " at top notif?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, Vladimir Putin, that was me ?? glad I was able to help
    Here is the tutorial about how flash CN Version ROG 3 to WW Version.

Steps:
    1. Get a ROG 3 CN Version.
    2. Unlock bootloader(option),but still recommend.
    3. Flash WW UserRAW with Fastboot mode.
    4. Using UL Package from ASUS website to OTA by yourself.( Do this in system. )

Successful !!!!
    And U will get two slot WW version.

Note:
    1) If you relock,system will give a notify,and wrote this isn't Official system.
    2) If you relock, FPS are only 60 FPS whatever U choose 90/120/160
    relock

fastboot oem asus-lock

Not work in my ROG3

Yes, Vladimir Putin, that was me glad I was able to help

I had a feeling Putin used Android.....

Thx for links/tips/advocating. :good:
    adb shell pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.asus.hardwarestub
    This gets rid of notification.