How To Guide [TUTORIAL] How to flash GSI Trebble rom and root on Xiaomi device on Windows (files needed included)

Search This thread

rishi211292

Jan 31, 2013
Any audio distortion issue you faced with speakers & bt audio. Does the PE+ gsi rom support unlimited Google photos.
Use audio compatibility patch from magisk module.
Select remove on each option asked and patch usb dac options as well.
Once this done, also select alternate audio policy from phh gsi settings.
No, I haven't tried or use google photos.

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
In-app call audio is always crackling.
For example: Telegram voice calls.
For that this needs to be done. Maybe this issue is not in Renoir.
Everything else works without patch though.
Im on renoir too and have no crackling issue with telegram, just made a call 5 mns ago....
I check disable audio effects and use alternate audio policy

Im on renoir too and have no crackling issue with telegram, just made a call 5 mns ago....
I check disable audio effects and use alternate audio policy
This gets the audio through the speakers fine. But the audio through bluetooth is gone after a reboot.
Also Prime video and other services does not play videos in HD. Any fix for these issues. Thanks.

Use audio compatibility patch from magisk module.
Select remove on each option asked and patch usb dac options as well.
Once this done, also select alternate audio policy from phh gsi settings.
No, I haven't tried or use google photos.
I was trying to install magisk using the patched boot image from the official fastboot rom. It flashes fine, but does not boot into system. Always comes back to fastboot. Using the usual commands. Trying this after flashing gsi image. Please throw some light on how you rooted with magisk. Thanks.

rishi211292

Jan 31, 2013
I was trying to install magisk using the patched boot image from the official fastboot rom. It flashes fine, but does not boot into system. Always comes back to fastboot. Using the usual commands. Trying this after flashing gsi image. Please throw some light on how you rooted with magisk. Thanks.
I didn't face any issue.
I patched boot image of same miui version which was on my device using magisk app and flashed as mentioned on thread.
Also, i have sold lisa today. Getting 5a.

thanks for the guide. was able to install DotOS v5.2 with gapps for xiaomi mi 11 lite 5g NE (LISA) . has unlimited google photos. I am not sure how I fixed the audio but it is fixed for GSM calls, messenger calls, music playback and bluetooth music playback, magisk apps for audio installed are ainur narsil, audio compatibility and viper 4 android fx legacy old version.
edit: looks like bluetooth is broken
edit: just used ainur narsil and qualcom alternate audio policy and looks like bluetooth audio,calls, music is fixed.
some minor bugs. DotOS v5.2 is almost perfect. double tap to wake does not work :(

Last edited:
:oops:
I have the same device. How did you do this?
Could you please post some screenshots? And also a link to the topic with the DotOS image?
just follow the steps OP posted up until fastboot flash system
step 1: adb reboot bootloader
step 2: fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img (the one OP provided)
step 3: fasboot reboot fastboot
step 4: fastboot flash system DOTOS v5.2 vndklite.img (from DOTOS official website)
step 5: reboot to recovery, wide data and cache then reboot
to fix crappy audio download ainur narsil and audio compatibility from magisk. you can also check the qualcom audio on settings. anyways audio and bluetooth audio is the buggy
bugs: you either get
BLUETOOTH audio working but voip apps voice sound high pitched like chipmunks OR
NO BLUETOOTH audio with voip apps sound normal
being a GSI not device specific there are bugs. just hope developers could find the a way to fix bluetooth or audio call and I would have stayed with DOTOS v5.2 vndklite. went back to stock MIUI because either I get bluetooth working or chipmunk voice

Last edited:
Reactions: Nordicus

zyvex_14

Apr 24, 2016
Sainte-Geneviève-Des-Bois
Hello,

I am currently on xiaomi eu rom, v22.2.19 and I would like to know if I can flash a GSI rom?
Will the procedure in post 1 work or because I am already on A12, this won't work?
And if that case, what should I do to be able to install a GSI rom?

Thank you.

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Hello,

I am currently on xiaomi eu rom, v22.2.19 and I would like to know if I can flash a GSI rom?
Will the procedure in post 1 work or because I am already on A12, this won't work?
And if that case, what should I do to be able to install a GSI rom?

Thank you.
not sure to flash A11 GSI from A12, but A12 GSI, yes...but 22.2 is weekly or from XIAOMI.EU...not sure about that..to be sure I will move to last stock and start from here...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, first of all, I'm not a dev or else just user who had difficulties to flash GSI rom on my phone... Was 7 years with a samsung galaxy Note 3, with twrp....So easy to flash....
    with the help of @gr0ndpa, thanks to him.....

Now I will explain how to flash easily with files attached

1/ first of all you need a phone and drivers installed, use xiaomi pc suite, unzip and install it
    2/ you need to activate USB debug in dev options.
    3/ dl adb folder unzip it and put in C
    4/ run command and type
    Code:
    cd /adb
    5/ then
    Code:
    adb devices
    to check if phone recognised
    6/
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    once in fast boot
    7/
    Code:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    wait finished type to enter in fastbootD
    8/
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    9/
    Code:
    fastboot flash system
    LiR 313.XXX.img
    you will have a system error, but wait the flash begin in few seconds
    at the end wait ok then
    10/
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    on stock recover
    11/ wipe data and reboot with +/- and PWR

and you're done...

In case you want to flash custom kernel or patched boot image to root with magisk, you have to

12/
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Copy kernel boot image to C drive and rename kernel boot image to boot.img.

13/
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot c:\boot.img
    14/
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

In case you want to flash twrp put the file to adb folder and type in fastboot
    15/
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

You can check what I ve done on tuto ss...

if you have some comments, don't hesitate...
    I flashed LiR 18.1 rom and very happy with it.....
    After I enter this, it just stays on waiting for any device.

View attachment 5419437

Update: I was able to figure it out. My device had no drivers so I went search through updates on windows and installed a LeMobile Android driver os it shows up properly in device manager.
    because you don't have xiaomi drivers installed...install xiaomi pc suite and you will have drivers installed...
    you have to put your rom to adb folder and dont forget to add .img at the end
    I did all steps again, installed pc suite, usb debug and this is the result:
    o.t. - but maybe you can also explain me what "fastbootD" (written in yellow) is ?!?
    It's written like this to be sure that people read correctly and see difference with only fastboot...it seems D mode bypass some limitations, but not sure exactly..Google is not always your friend specially on this...I'm sure that if you don't use it you can't flash correctly GSI builds...