[tutorial]How To Flash Lenovo a536 with Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool

Search This thread

rejul

Mar 31, 2014
Unknown
Flash Lenovo a536 with Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool tutorial by Ashwin P M Nambiar

Flash_Using_SP.jpg

Recently i got a notification on my Lenovo a536 saying system update(VIBE official update) is available. So as usual i kept for update, the update package was downloaded and phone booted into startup and started upgrading. Suddenly the upgrade got stuck and it was showing only one thing "No Command" on the screen with a Android Bot image. Without knowing what it was, i formatted the phone from startup menu. Later i came to know, my phone is dead. So i had to flash it with stock ROM again. I was not able to flash it with any ROM because my device was not rooted. So here is how i did it finally.

Requirements:
Lenovo a536 Stock ROM
USB VCOM Driver
SP Flash Tool
So once you've downloaded all the files, follow the below steps. Remember to charge your phone to 30-60 Mins before you start.

Step 1: Unzipping

Unzip all the downloaded files and keep it in different folders.

Step 2: Install the drivers

**This is a very important step. If the drivers are not up to date, nothing is gonna work**

Open the Device Manager in your PC.(Can be opened by typing Device Manager in start menu). Remove your phone battery, connect the phone to your PC/Laptop via USB cable. Make sure you use a good quality cable and the powerful port of your PC. Once you connect, your Device Manager will show up the connected device as Mediatek Preloader device.

VCOM_Driver.jpg

Right click on it and click update driver. Click Browse Computer and navigate to the USB VCOM unzipped folder.(The device may flash on the list for seconds and vanish and again appear. So right click on the device before it disappears.)

Step 2: Flash the ROM

Once you install the Driver, next you can Flash the device.

Remove the connection and put the battery back. Do not switch on the device.
Open SP Flash Tool provided with the ROM package.(flash_tool.exe)

SP_FlashTool1.JPG

First Go to Options>>Options>>Download>>Check the box DA DL All with checksum.
Click on Scatter Loading and Choose the file MT6582_Android_scatter.txt in target_bin folder in the extracted file. I will add all the images to flash.

SP_FlashTool1.JPG

Change the Download only option to Firmware upgrade. and click on Download.

SP_FlashTool2.JPG

Now the Flash Tool will wait foe the device to connect. Now connect your device using USB cable with battery in but without switching on the phone. Download process will start.
Once it finishes you'll get a success screen as below.

Success_SPFLASH.png

That's it. You have successfully flashed your phone. Now you can Reboot your phone. It'll be same like before. You will be recieving the updates and once you update the system normally. Everything will be normal.

Possible Errors

Your Download process may get stopped due to many type of errors and many number of times. Still do not give up. If you're continuously getting error and the download process stops, try downloading without battery. (Remove the battery and connect the device with USB cable, during the above process.)

orginal source

Fersf

Oct 12, 2016
Honor 8
Huawei P30 Pro
Hi, I would like to ask you for advice. I was charging my non-rooted phone overnight and it somehow get into bootloop :/ The phone is Lenovo A536 with chip version MT6582_S01 and there is/was stock ROM A536_S186_150813_ROW (found from recovery).
First I tried to flash stock OTA ROM (the same version) via recovery from SD card and also via ADB but without success :( Now, I'm trying to flash stock ROM via SP flash tool v5.16.36. Problem is that I always remain stuck at red bar "Download DA 100%" and I can't get over this status. After 30 secs the errors usually appear "ERROR: S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (0xFA8)" :crying:
I tried both port versions: Mediatek DA USB VCOM and Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM, with and without battery and SD card, but nothing helped. I was not allowed a bootloader (I'm not sure whether I have to do it in the case of flashing of stock ROM).

Can you help me? Thx.

Update:
I used SP flash tool v5.1352.01 without manual installing USB drivers (installed automatically by windows) and now is SP flash tool working well (successfully flashed - green rign) :)
But after disconnecting usb and restart of phone, the phone is still in bootloop :crying:
I tried variety of stock ROMs, bud strange is, that when I look in recovery, there is still ROM A536_S186_150813_ROW and I haven't clue why...?! :/ Any suggestions?

Update 2:
I did a test of EMMC by SP flash tool and I got this error: S_DA_MT_DEDICATED_PATTERN_ERROR (3094)
So, it seems the phone's EMMC is corrupted :crying:
How can I handle a corrupt EMMC?

Last edited:

Rajat1993

Nov 26, 2016
Sir my Phone is not booting. It is stuck and it is not charging also..
And its continuously giving error "Dram failed".....

rejul

Mar 31, 2014
Unknown
Hi, I would like to ask you for advice. I was charging my non-rooted phone overnight and it somehow get into bootloop :/ The phone is Lenovo A536 with chip version MT6582_S01 and there is/was stock ROM A536_S186_150813_ROW (found from recovery).
First I tried to flash stock OTA ROM (the same version) via recovery from SD card and also via ADB but without success :( Now, I'm trying to flash stock ROM via SP flash tool v5.16.36. Problem is that I always remain stuck at red bar "Download DA 100%" and I can't get over this status. After 30 secs the errors usually appear "ERROR: S_FT_DOWNLOAD_FAIL (0xFA8)" :crying:
I tried both port versions: Mediatek DA USB VCOM and Mediatek Preloader USB VCOM, with and without battery and SD card, but nothing helped. I was not allowed a bootloader (I'm not sure whether I have to do it in the case of flashing of stock ROM).

Can you help me? Thx.

Update:
I used SP flash tool v5.1352.01 without manual installing USB drivers (installed automatically by windows) and now is SP flash tool working well (successfully flashed - green rign) :)
But after disconnecting usb and restart of phone, the phone is still in bootloop :crying:
I tried variety of stock ROMs, bud strange is, that when I look in recovery, there is still ROM A536_S186_150813_ROW and I haven't clue why...?! :/ Any suggestions?

Update 2:
I did a test of EMMC by SP flash tool and I got this error: S_DA_MT_DEDICATED_PATTERN_ERROR (3094)
So, it seems the phone's EMMC is corrupted :crying:
How can I handle a corrupt EMMC?

I have seen this type error,EMMC h/w corruption,cant be solved unless you replace chip itself,Internal damage.

demysek

Apr 27, 2017
I have some problems with my phone.

I installed several custom roms and it's time to sell or give my phone to somebody. I got a new one.
Because every custom rom had bugs i decided to download a official stock rom from needrom.
I copied the rom on a card because the last custom rom was "eating" almost all my memory and when i tried to install it and surprise..failed..without any code error or something..

Can anyone help me?

HatMan22

Oct 8, 2017
Dharan
Xiaomi Poco F1
I have some problems with my phone.

I installed several custom roms and it's time to sell or give my phone to somebody. I got a new one.
Because every custom rom had bugs i decided to download a official stock rom from needrom.
I copied the rom on a card because the last custom rom was "eating" almost all my memory and when i tried to install it and surprise..failed..without any code error or something..

Can anyone help me?

How you flashed your mobile I also need to flash what is the correct method and and what precaution should be considered?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flash Lenovo a536 with Stock ROM using SP Flash Tool tutorial by Ashwin P M Nambiar

Flash_Using_SP.jpg

Recently i got a notification on my Lenovo a536 saying system update(VIBE official update) is available. So as usual i kept for update, the update package was downloaded and phone booted into startup and started upgrading. Suddenly the upgrade got stuck and it was showing only one thing "No Command" on the screen with a Android Bot image. Without knowing what it was, i formatted the phone from startup menu. Later i came to know, my phone is dead. So i had to flash it with stock ROM again. I was not able to flash it with any ROM because my device was not rooted. So here is how i did it finally.

Requirements:
    Lenovo a536 Stock ROM
    USB VCOM Driver
    SP Flash Tool
    So once you've downloaded all the files, follow the below steps. Remember to charge your phone to 30-60 Mins before you start.

Step 1: Unzipping

Unzip all the downloaded files and keep it in different folders.

Step 2: Install the drivers

**This is a very important step. If the drivers are not up to date, nothing is gonna work**

Open the Device Manager in your PC.(Can be opened by typing Device Manager in start menu). Remove your phone battery, connect the phone to your PC/Laptop via USB cable. Make sure you use a good quality cable and the powerful port of your PC. Once you connect, your Device Manager will show up the connected device as Mediatek Preloader device.

VCOM_Driver.jpg

Right click on it and click update driver. Click Browse Computer and navigate to the USB VCOM unzipped folder.(The device may flash on the list for seconds and vanish and again appear. So right click on the device before it disappears.)

Step 2: Flash the ROM

Once you install the Driver, next you can Flash the device.

Remove the connection and put the battery back. Do not switch on the device.
    Open SP Flash Tool provided with the ROM package.(flash_tool.exe)

SP_FlashTool1.JPG

First Go to Options>>Options>>Download>>Check the box DA DL All with checksum.
    Click on Scatter Loading and Choose the file MT6582_Android_scatter.txt in target_bin folder in the extracted file. I will add all the images to flash.

SP_FlashTool1.JPG

Change the Download only option to Firmware upgrade. and click on Download.

SP_FlashTool2.JPG

Now the Flash Tool will wait foe the device to connect. Now connect your device using USB cable with battery in but without switching on the phone. Download process will start.
    Once it finishes you'll get a success screen as below.

Success_SPFLASH.png

That's it. You have successfully flashed your phone. Now you can Reboot your phone. It'll be same like before. You will be recieving the updates and once you update the system normally. Everything will be normal.

Possible Errors

Your Download process may get stopped due to many type of errors and many number of times. Still do not give up. If you're continuously getting error and the download process stops, try downloading without battery. (Remove the battery and connect the device with USB cable, during the above process.)

orginal source