[tutorial] How to get back on stock with TWRP Stock Nandroid Backups

Search This thread

_purple_

Dec 11, 2007
@ckpv5 Could you please tell me what's the md5 checksum of 6.12.401.4_recovery.img so that I can be sure my downloaded file is not corrupted?

klevismartini

Jun 24, 2013
tirana
4.28.502.18 unrooted stock backup

hi to all.
i really need a stock back up for my phone.
i have an AT&T one m8 with cid cws__001 and mid 0p6b12000 but when i try to run the RUU
from the htc page i cant flash my phone to stock.
i dont know the full history of the phone cos i bought it from ebay and i would restore it to stock.
please advice if someone can help me with full stock backup and the appropriated stock recovery.

best regards to all.

iTchill

Jan 4, 2012
hey guys i used the guide and everything went great exept the flashing of the stock recovery , i get
sending 'revocery' (15580 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.858s]
writing 'revocery'...
FAILED (remote: not allowed)
finished. total time: 1.864s

im sure its ridiculous , any one know about that ?
thanks
Edit : revocery .... Ahahahah there's the problem !!! Ahahah

I have a problem ..a real one this time , I cannot boot in recovery , an the ota says that my system as been modified an do not update ?

Edit 2: turn out cid is case sensitive ...no problem at all
Thanks guys , lol

Last edited:

percusion

Jun 26, 2013
Basel
Thanks for the stock backup .. but I don't think it is usable as the file size is too big at 4.16GB ... I downloaded to see what makes the size too big .. unable to open the zip either. So I can't redo the backup to remove your personal data.

I suggest only a stock backup is uploaded because your data at about 1.7GB is full of your personal info.

What you can do, remove the data part in your backup and rezip only boot & system .. this is enough.

For the recovery .. you can upload it too

Sorry for that dude, totaly forgot to remove :/
So here's the stock backup 6.12.166.4 without data ;)
Stock recovery 6.12.166.4
and if needed stock boot.img 6.12.166.4

:)

Reactions: ckpv5

percusion

Jun 26, 2013
Basel
Hi @ckpv5
What is the method to delete my personal data from the nandroid backup

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

make a new folder and copy boot.emmc.win, boot.emmc.win.md5, all system.ext4.winXXX and system.ext4.winXXX.md5 :) maybe, but don't know if necessary, system.info too ^^

then just zip it and all ok, you youst have to copy the folder to the right direction on your phone ;P

P.S correct me if i'm wrong :p

Attachments

• TWRP_0.png
    TWRP_0.png
    203.1 KB · Views: 145
  • TWRP_1.png
    TWRP_1.png
    204.2 KB · Views: 146

jacek904

Sep 3, 2010
Does anyone have stock recovery for 6.12.118.4?

I'd appreciate if anyone could upload :)

Last edited:

ayen75

Sep 30, 2010
att stock restore

can you please walk me through a stock restore. thanks.
m7_ul pvt ship s-on rh
hboot 1.56.0000
radio 4t.24.3218.09

twrp v2.8.0.2

cruiser33

Sep 4, 2008
clarification on initial post

Why step 5, "Boot to TWRP recovery and make a backup of boot only, this is to see where the backup goes on your device"?
I can't see this path referenced anywhere.

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Why step 5, "Boot to TWRP recovery and make a backup of boot only, this is to see where the backup goes on your device"?
I can't see this path referenced anywhere.

This step is for first timer using a TWRP ...

It depends whether your backup location is on Internal storage or microSD
Just open both on your PC .. you should see folder TWRP, one of them has the full path to the backup that you just made

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
hi to all.
i really need a stock back up for my phone.
i have an AT&T one m8 with cid cws__001 and mid 0p6b12000 but when i try to run the RUU
from the htc page i cant flash my phone to stock.
i dont know the full history of the phone cos i bought it from ebay and i would restore it to stock.
please advice if someone can help me with full stock backup and the appropriated stock recovery.

best regards to all.

I don't keep anything for AT&T, Sprint, Verizon & T-MOB US because they have their own dedicated threads .. you need to search AT&T General forum. They have a official RUU for AT&T

alibhuiyan5

Sep 24, 2014
I need a stock recovery for htc one m8 to get ota update. My software version is 1.54.651.8.
Cid is 11111111. My bootloader is unlocked n security is off.....pls help I need the latest firmware update..... ??

klevismartini

Jun 24, 2013
tirana
4.25.651.18 nandroid backup request

I don't keep anything for AT&T, Sprint, Verizon & T-MOB US because they have their own dedicated threads .. you need to search AT&T General forum. They have a official RUU for AT&T

as i wrote before i tried the official ruu but its not working it gives me different errors.
this i why im asking for a stock backup.
last: you think that i didnt search on the other thread? i did but i couldnt find anything.

please users can some one make a stock nandroid backup for me for the one m8 at&t please?

mannymen

Jan 24, 2016
recovery option is on hboot not bootloader.

select hboot on bootloader then you'll see recovery

and bootloader is fastboot

Thanks for the useful input mate. I have been able to get into recovery and restored the stock Nandroid that was on my phone. This time around i did not allow TWRP to install SU on my phone but when i rebooted it is still stuck on the welcome screen.

Any other options i might try that will fix this?

coletanm

Jan 23, 2016
Here we go :

1. Download 2.23.631.2 firmware.zip - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4jGj3SfskzMb1JNTVRaTFZNTm8/view?usp=sharing
and put the firmware.zip in your fastboot/adb folder
2. Install TWRP 2.8.1.0
3. Download and restore 2.23.631.2 backup (from post #2)
4. After restore complete, go to main menu select reboot - select bootloader
(don't install root)
5. relock the bootloader, run command
fastboot oem lock
then run command
fastboot reboot-bootloader (reboot to bootloader to ensure the connection is good)
6. run command
fastboot oem rebootRUU (put the device in RUU mode)
7. run command
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip (to prepare to install firmware)
You'll see -
if failed : FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)

repeat fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
8. run command
fastboot reboot-bootloader (to check your OS-2.23.631.2 now written on bootloader)
9. reboot - run setup - check and install OTA
10. repeat check and install OTA until the last one 6.13.631.7
11. done

Note : after the last OTA, if you want to install TWRP again, use only TWRP 2.8.7.0 or latest

hi thank you for putting this guide together for me. i will follow it in a few days or a week. i broke my arm yesterday so i'm in a lot of pain and all loopy from the meds

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
as i wrote before i tried the official ruu but its not working it gives me different errors.
this i why im asking for a stock backup.
last: you think that i didnt search on the other thread? i did but i couldnt find anything.

please users can some one make a stock nandroid backup for me for the one m8 at&t please?

That's because your device is not a AT&T but a Sprint. You should search the RUU in Sprint thread, not in AT&T.

AT&T - x.xx.502.x
Sprint - x.xx.651.x

To make thing easier for you, here is the Sprint 4.25.651.18 RUU : http://dl3.htc.com.s3.amazonaws.com..._NV_SPCS_1.52_003_release_446215_signed_2.exe

I need a stock recovery for htc one m8 to get ota update. My software version is 1.54.651.8.
Cid is 11111111. My bootloader is unlocked n security is off.....pls help I need the latest firmware update..... ??

You have a very low version, no point to do many OTAs to the latest. Just use the above Sprint 4.25.651.18 RUU

Top Liked Posts