How To Guide [TUTORIAL] HOW TO GET RID OF THERMAL THROTTLING AND FORCE THE CPU AND GPU TO ITS MAX FREQUENCIES

Search This thread

BeNpX

Jul 26, 2020
This is my first post ever in XDA, so be kind hahaha.

I recently discovered a new way to prevent the thermal throttling of this device to get the MAX performance in games, so let's begin to release the beast.

Requirements:
•1. Bootloader unlocked

•2. Flashing experience

•3. Reading attention

Follow the specified steps:
•1. Get your device inside fastboot and flash MIUI 12.0.6 Global via MiFlash (don't forget to select "CLEAN ALL" to prevent your bootloader from relocking!)

•2. Once your phone booted, return to fastboot and flash TWRP via cmd.

•3. Inside TWRP, flash Arrow OS latest version and then "Format Data" (DON'T USE ADVANCED WIPES!), later flash FlameGapps (if you chose the vanilla version of Arrow) and Magisk. After flashing Magisk, reboot to recovery again and finally to system.

•4. Download a Kernel Manager and change the CPU and GPU governor to "Performance" and make it "Start on boot". DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE! NOT EVEN THE FREQUENCIES! (Personally, I recommend Franco Kernel,)

•5. Use the "Gaming" thermal profile Arrow OS offers (it's located under "Battery") and select your favourite game.

•6 (Optional). Use KonaBess, select SD855+ and overclock the GPU to 692 Mhz if you want a better experience.
Just... Be careful when you use it, as it might make your phone reboot randomly.
ALWAYS take a backup in the aplication and watch carefully the section "Help" of the app.

•7. Get yourself a fan (if you don't want to burn your hands LOL)

•8. Enjoy

Feel free to contact me in the official Poco X3 Pro Telegram Group if you have any question.

Attachments

• 1 Hour of Genshin Impact and Cpu Frequencies.png
    1 Hour of Genshin Impact and Cpu Frequencies.png
    2 MB · Views: 2,882
  • DefaultAppConfiguration.png
    DefaultAppConfiguration.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 2,748
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: razkal1
D

Deleted member 11588735

MOD EDIT: Telegram link removed, please read the STICKY!

I recently discovered a new way to prevent the thermal throttling of this device to get the MAX performance in games, so let's begin to release the beast.

Requirements:
•1. Bootloader unlocked

•2. Flashing experience

•3. Reading attention

•1. Get your device inside fastboot and flash MIUI 12.0.6 Global via MiFlash (don't forget to select "CLEAN ALL" to prevent your bootloader from relocking!)

•3. Inside TWRP, flash Arrow OS latest version and then "Format Data" (DON'T USE ADVANCED WIPES!), later flash FlameGapps and Magisk. After flashing Magisk, reboot to recovery again and finally to system.

•4. Download a Kernel Manager and change the CPU and GPU governor to "Performance" and make it "Start on boot". DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE! NOT EVEN THE FREQUENCIES! (Personally, I recommend Franco Kernel)

•5. Use the "Gaming" thermal profile Arrow OS offers (it's located under "Battery") and select your favourite game.

•6. Get yourself a fan (if you don't want to burn your hands LOL)

•7. Enjoy

Feel free to contact me in Telegram if you have any question.
Can you check genshin impact on higest fps with Perfdog ? This is free diagnostic app.
Golden reviewer is average 43 fps after 10-30 min gameplay .

And you can use use magisk module "Thermal Unlocker 855" to remove throttling or Konabess app to try increasegpu freq to 800Mhz.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
And you could smoke it. Heat sinking capacity is limited and worse the heat sink has little mass so that it's harder to effectively monitor/control.
Hence the large gap in throttle back temp vs max temp. Other elements can get toasted even though the mobo components don't, like the display (especially in direct sunlight) or the battery (max operating temp 140°F).

Even with thermal shutdown running at it's normal conservative settings you can inadvertently cook a device if it fails to stop a thermal spike in time. This happens too.
Don't count on thermal shutdown saving you.

D

Deleted member 11588735

And you could smoke it. Heat sinking capacity is limited and worse the heat sink has little mass so that it's harder to effectively monitor/control.
Hence the large gap in throttle back temp vs max temp. Other elements can get toasted even though the mobo components don't, like the display (especially in direct sunlight) or the battery (max operating temp 140°F).

Even with thermal shutdown running at it's normal conservative settings you can inadvertently cook a device if it fails to stop a thermal spike in time. This happens too.
NO, Changing governor to "Performance" don't do anything bad to phone.
If you delete thermal engine yes but this is like in gaming laptops.
Xiaomi and phone that aren't "gaming phone " have very aggressive thermal throttling to make battery last , and last longer on charge that it.

Reactions: blackhawk

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Xiaomi and phone that aren't "gaming phone " have very aggressive thermal throttling to make battery last , and last longer on charge that it.
I see what you're saying.
It's sad they don't give you that option straight up if the hardware including heatsinks are the same.
They may have anticipated higher failure rates with the gaming variat and charged accordingly.
Just watch the direct sunlight thing... I cooked a display like that and it was way too easy🤣

There are similar power profiles on my phone. Oddly the "Opitimized" produces nearly the same results as the "High Performance" setting less the extra battery usage. Strange.3

pl1992aw

Apr 5, 2019
You can use both vanilla or the full version.
I mean why flash Gapps when they already have Gapps?

What's the good/pros/benefit flashing FlameGapps over the Gapps version of ArrowOS?

If you got no answer to this, then this step is unnecessary, or at least mark it optional.

BeNpX

Jul 26, 2020
I mean why flash Gapps when they already have Gapps?

What's the good/pros/benefit flashing FlameGapps over the Gapps version of ArrowOS?

If you got no answer to this, then this step is unnecessary, or at least mark it optional.
Why flashing Gapps when Arrow has its own? Well, because maybe we don't want Gmail, Youtube, Chrome and other ones installed?
I'll mark it as optional as you said.

Requirements:
•1. Bootloader unlocked

•2. Flashing experience

•3. Reading attention

•3. Inside TWRP, flash Arrow OS latest version and then "Format Data" (DON'T USE ADVANCED WIPES!), later flash FlameGapps (if you chose the vanilla version of Arrow) and Magisk. After flashing Magisk, reboot to recovery again and finally to system.

•4. Download a Kernel Manager and change the CPU and GPU governor to "Performance" and make it "Start on boot". DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE! NOT EVEN THE FREQUENCIES! (Personally, I recommend Franco Kernel,)

•6 (Optional). Use KonaBess, select SD855+ and overclock the GPU to 692 Mhz if you want a better experience.
Just... Be careful when you use it, as it might make your phone reboot randomly.
ALWAYS take a backup in the aplication and watch carefully the section "Help" of the app.

•8. Enjoy

Feel free to contact me in the official Poco X3 Pro Telegram Group if you have any question.
did you set a new voltage or bus speed for 692 mhz or did you just use same values

Last edited:

TheKaikera

Mar 27, 2021
is it possible to go beyond 692mhz by increasing the voltage or doing something else? Of course, using a cooler to cool the phone.

D

Deleted member 11588735

is it possible to go beyond 692mhz by increasing the voltage or doing something else? Of course, using a cooler to cool the phone.
There is no possible idea how to do it what we know. But maybe recomposing kernel will increase freq.
Now we know that this is max freq :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Requirements:
    •1. Bootloader unlocked

•2. Flashing experience

•3. Reading attention

•8. Enjoy

D
    Deleted member 11588735