[TUTORIAL][HOW TO][UNOFFICIAL]Samsung M31 Flash TWRP ((Permanently))

Search This thread

Sotiras

Nov 8, 2020
Welcome to my first post, hope this can help many people :victory:.

Foreword
This is based on my own experimentation and I do not take responsibility for KG blocked phones or any other issue related to the topic of this post.

WARNING
Your Samsung MUST be OEM unlocked and you MUST have the firmware of the same country of your SIM to avoid blocking the KG and preventing the phone from booting and using the recovery.

STEPS

1. Open ODIN

2. Put your phone in DOWNLOAD mode either by holding volume up and down while connecting the USB-C port or booting into your system then using ADB with the command
Code:
ADB reboot download

3.Select the vb meta on the AP option and flash it.

4.Before flashing have in mind that you CANNOT let the phone boot normally after flashing, so be prepared to open the recovery using volume up+power button. Either deactivate the auto reboot option in ODIN or be fast with your fingers just don't let it boot into the system as this will cause Knox to restore the stock recovery and the progress will be lost.

5. Select the TWRP on AP and flash it.

5. In TWRP go to advanced and select the file manager then access the /data/knox/ folder.

6.Delete the /data/knox/ folder.

-Format data on TWRP

-flash magisk 20.4 (optional, not tested)

-flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip module (optional, not tested)

7.Boot into the system.

8.YOU DID IT! now you should be able to boot again into twrp if you turn off and press volume up+power button.

https:// gofile. io/d/sf8xuv by Revanth Strakz

https:// gofile. io/d/lHAKhY vbmeta

I'm really sorry that I can't post the link normally because I am prevented by XDA rules of posting so it's up to you to trust me on the link, if any mod is seeing this please help me out.

If you have any issue please notify me I will respond as fast as I can! :D:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Yangasto

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
TWRP

Foreword
This is based on my own experimentation and I do not take responsibility for KG blocked phones or any other issue related to the topic of this post.

WARNING
Your Samsung MUST be OEM unlocked and you MUST have the firmware of the same country of your SIM to avoid blocking the KG and preventing the phone from booting and using the recovery.

STEPS

1. Open ODIN

2. Put your phone in DOWNLOAD mode either by holding volume up and down while connecting the USB-C port or booting into your system then using ADB with the command
Code:
ADB reboot download

3.Select the TWRP on the AP option.

4.Before flashing have in mind that you CANNOT let the phone boot normally after flashing, so be prepared to open the recovery using volume up+power button. Either deactivate the auto reboot option in ODIN or be fast with your fingers just don't let it boot into the system as this will cause Knox to restore the stock recovery and the progress will be lost.

5. In TWRP go to advanced and select the file manager then access the /data/knox/ folder.

7.Boot into the system.

8.YOU DID IT! now you should be able to boot again into twrp if you turn off and press volume up+power button.

Hi !!! TWRP where can I find it ??? Thanks !!!

Sotiras

Nov 8, 2020

Foreword

WARNING

STEPS

1. Open ODIN

Code:
ADB reboot download

3.Select the TWRP on the AP option.

7.Boot into the system.

I'm really sorry that I can't post the link normally because I am prevented by XDA rules of posting so it's up to you to trust me on the link, if any mod is seeing this please help me out.

Hi !!! TWRP where can I find it ??? Thanks !!!

I just updated the post with a link, I got it from Telegram from a dev and I tested it myself, I haven't found any bugs if you follow the steps correctly. Good luck, my friend. If you have any issue please reply to this message.:highfive:

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
I just updated the post with a link, I got it from Telegram from a dev and I tested it myself, I haven't found any bugs if you follow the steps correctly. Good luck, my friend. If you have any issue please reply to this message.:highfive:

I can't find the file!!!The link does not work!!!

Last edited:

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
Just delete the spaces between the link. They are there to not be detected as an actual link because I don't have enough posts to be let to post links but is super easy to just see the extra spaces I put and delete them.:)

Thanks !!! I managed to download the file, in the next few days I'll try it then I'll let you know how it went. For now thanks !!!

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
Does not work

Hi !!! So I performed these steps:
1_ installed the latest Italian firmware
2_I made the TWRP flash that you indicated to me
3_manual restart volume + and power button and it returns to me as well as in the photo that attached. Where am I wrong ???
I have tried 3 times:(:(:(

Attachments

• 20201111_144556_resized.jpg
    20201111_144556_resized.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 20201111_144540_resized.jpg
    20201111_144540_resized.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 191

Sotiras

Nov 8, 2020
3_manual restart volume + and power button and it returns to me as well as in the photo that attached. Where am I wrong ???

From what I can infer, the problem is with an unpatched vbmeta. you need to flash the vbmeta in odin as well as TWRP on AP. Again can't really post the link so delete the spaces. https:// gofile. io/d/lHAKhY . The problem in theory should be solved.

Tell me how did it go when you're done so I can update the guide. Good luck!

Reactions: BenTDN

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
From what I can infer, the problem is with an unpatched vbmeta. you need to flash the vbmeta in odin as well as TWRP on AP. Again can't really post the link so delete the spaces. https:// gofile. io/d/lHAKhY . The problem in theory should be solved.

Thanks !!! I will keep you informed on the progress !!! Thanks a lot !!!

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
Method working!!!

These are steps to take to root:
1-install latest firmware
2-flash vbmeta with odin with AP
3-flash Revanth_twrp_m31.tar with odin with AP
4-restart in twrp (no normal)
5-delete data / knox folder
6-format data
7-flash magisk 20.4
8-flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip module
9-normal restart
Now you can update the guide because it works !!! Thanks !!!

:good::good::good::good::good::good:

Attachments

• 2020_11_14_11_28_29.jpg
    2020_11_14_11_28_29.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 150
  • 2020_11_14_11_26_02.jpg
    2020_11_14_11_26_02.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 2020_11_14_11_34_30.jpg
    2020_11_14_11_34_30.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:

Badr0

Nov 4, 2020
6-format data
7-flash magisk 20.4
9-normal restart

Nice, can you check if you can use camera2 api features or google camera properly, Thanks :)

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
Call recorder

do you know any way i can record calls with root and without root ???, i can't see the built in recorder in the phone app settings i think it doesn't work in my country, it's a very important feature for me, thank you bro !

Native, I believe only Indian software has incorporated call recorder but with root you have two apps. In magisk modules: Axet'Call Recorder free and Call Recorder-SKVALEX which is paid. Good luck !!!

Badr0

Nov 4, 2020
Native, I believe only Indian software has incorporated call recorder but with root you have two apps. In magisk modules: Axet'Call Recorder free and Call Recorder-SKVALEX which is paid. Good luck !!!
Thanks, so i've tried call recorder-skvalex it worked but the battery consumption increased while screen off, removed it and back to normal, it's maybe because it's running in the background or something, so there isn't a way to make other call recorder apps like Cube Acr work with root or without by turning them to system apps for example, i've heard of that somewhere but can't find a tutorial or an explanation.

Last edited:

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
Thanks, so i've tried call recorder-skvalex it worked but the battery consumption increased while screen off, removed it and back to normal, it's maybe because it's running in the background or something, so there isn't a way to make other call recorder apps like Cube Acr work with root or without by turning them to system apps for example, i've heard of that somewhere but can't find a tutorial or an explanation.

Hi !!! I can tell you that there is an application called Lucky_Patcher which is very likely to transform a normal application into a system application, on the net there are tutorials with all the explanations.

Last edited:

Badr0

Nov 4, 2020
Hi !!! I can tell you that there is an application called Lucky_Patcher which is very likely to transform a normal application into a system application, on the net there are tutorials with all the explanations.
Thanks, so my point is, if systemise cube acr or another call recorder app will it work directly or i'll need to perform some other configurations ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Method working!!!

6-format data
    7-flash magisk 20.4
    9-normal restart

Foreword

WARNING

STEPS

1. Open ODIN

Code:
    ADB reboot download

3.Select the vb meta on the AP option and flash it.

5. Select the TWRP on AP and flash it.

-Format data on TWRP

-flash magisk 20.4 (optional, not tested)

-flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip module (optional, not tested)

7.Boot into the system.

https:// gofile. io/d/lHAKhY vbmeta

Dear,I would like to know one more thing.How am I supposed to restart the device in twrp?(with auto restart option in odin unticked ,of course)Is it holding down vol up+power ?(Does it work while the flash screen is still on?This would sound like a silly doubt but then I had to flash stock two times following my failed attempt at flashing twrp.Thanks

Odin automatic restart option deselected then volume down key + power button and immediately after volume up + power button
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone