• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TUTORIAL][HOW TO][UNOFFICIAL]Samsung M31 Flash TWRP ((Permanently))

Search This thread

t_gajjar

Jun 1, 2020
Can someone try this M31 TWRP?

I found an unofficial TWRP recovery for m31 on droidthunder site.
can anyone try it?
My account is limited so can not pos a link, but easy to find if you google search "droidthunder m31 TWRP".

devasure

May 18, 2015
Method working!!!

These are steps to take to root:
1-install latest firmware
2-flash vbmeta with odin with AP
3-flash Revanth_twrp_m31.tar with odin with AP
4-restart in twrp (no normal)
5-delete data / knox folder
6-format data
7-flash magisk 20.4
8-flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip module
9-normal restart
Now you can update the guide because it works !!! Thanks !!!

:good::good::good::good::good::good:
Dear, could you post the vbmeta link or source.you know my result of flashing Revant _twrp was the same as when you did it first.
I dont know anything about vbmeta ,and dont know where to find it,either.I flashed one from twrp .me site but it did not work.Thank you

devasure

May 18, 2015
Dear,I would like to know one more thing.How am I supposed to restart the device in twrp?(with auto restart option in odin unticked ,of course)Is it holding down vol up+power ?(Does it work while the flash screen is still on?This would sound like a silly doubt but then I had to flash stock two times following my failed attempt at flashing twrp.Thanks

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
Dear,I would like to know one more thing.How am I supposed to restart the device in twrp?(with auto restart option in odin unticked ,of course)Is it holding down vol up+power ?(Does it work while the flash screen is still on?This would sound like a silly doubt but then I had to flash stock two times following my failed attempt at flashing twrp.Thanks

Odin automatic restart option deselected then volume down key + power button and immediately after volume up + power button

Reactions: devasure

devasure

May 18, 2015
Third time unlucky 😥Vbmeta was successfully flashed this time.showed no error but on flashing twrp there were red error lines all over(did not take screenshots as I have only this device).managed to flash back to stock.
I congratulate you on your luck but would not recommend this twrp to anybody 😪
Thanks for your support,dear.

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
Third time unlucky 😥Vbmeta was successfully flashed this time.showed no error but on flashing twrp there were red error lines all over(did not take screenshots as I have only this device).managed to flash back to stock.
I congratulate you on your luck but would not recommend this twrp to anybody 😪
Thanks for your support,dear.

To me it worked perfect, if you read in post 10 I also attached a screenshot

devasure

May 18, 2015
My result,had I been able to take sreenshots of them and post them,would look scarier than them all😫.Lucky I was able to get my device back in one piece😁Thank you dear for sparing your time for me😍
DEAR,followed your steps one more time and this time I pulled it off.Did not update magisk manager because the updated manager does not show modules for download .
Safety net passed but profile check failed. Installed Edexposed rinu core(version 21.3 )(higher versions will not work so it has to v 21.3),and passed cts profile check(I have left out a lot of steps in between and if needed I will add them later).
...and everything was working just fine when on an impulse I decided to uninstall some unnecessary system apps with gravity box installed in magisk of course,and lo !what happened ! On restarting after uninstalling those system apps using System App remover pro(jumobile),the phone just would not boot up.
Unable to power off and equally unable to restart I spend an hour before I managed to get into download mode(twrp was still working but nothing worked.wiped cashe,reinstalled magisk,and did everything...nothing worked)
...and finally flashed back to stock again.
May be magisk did not grant superuser permission to system uninstall app or may busybox was not working properly.
I am not going to give up any time soon.Will try again.Thanks for your support.Have a nice day

Last edited:

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
DEAR,followed your steps one more time and this time I pulled it off.Did not update magisk manager because the updated manager does not show modules for download .
Safety net passed but profile check failed. Installed Edexposed rinu core(version 21.3 )(higher versions will not work so it has to v 21.3),and passed cts profile check(I have left out a lot of steps in between and if needed I will add them later).
...and everything was working just fine when on an impulse I decided to uninstall some unnecessary system apps with gravity box installed in magisk of course,and lo !what happened ! On restarting after uninstalling those system apps using System App remover pro(jumobile),the phone just would not boot up.
Unable to power off and equally unable to restart I spend an hour before I managed to get into download mode(twrp was still working but nothing worked.wiped cashe,reinstalled magisk,and did everything...nothing worked)
May be magisk did not grant superuser permission to system uninstall app or may busybox was not working properly.
I am not going to give up any time soon.Will try again.Thanks for your support.Have a nice day

Do it all over again and then don't try to uninstall system applications anymore because the same thing happened to me and I had to do it all over again.
In my opinion it is not Magisk's fault it is from samsung or from the operating system that does not allow it to uninstall certain system apps.The same thing happened to me and I had to do it all over again

Last edited:
Reactions: devasure

devasure

May 18, 2015
Do it all over again and then don't try to uninstall system applications anymore because the same thing happened to me and I had to do it all over again.
In my opinion it is not Magisk's fault it is from samsung or from the operating system that does not allow it to uninstall certain system apps.The same thing happened to me and I had to do it all over again
Thank you.Thant was an eye opener😍

Reactions: [email protected]

BlacBerd

Jul 29, 2014
Aguascalientes
Method working!!!

6-format data
7-flash magisk 20.4
9-normal restart

I've followed this steps but got a
Method working!!!

6-format data
7-flash magisk 20.4
9-normal restart

HELLO, CAN YOU HELP ME?

Let's see...

My device is Samsung Galaxy M31 (SM-M315F)
One UI Core 2.5 Android 10
Base version: M315FDDU2ATJ9
I have unlocked the bootloader.
I downloaded and installed the drivers for Windows 10.
I downloaded Odin3-v3.14.4

Ok...

1. I have downloaded my firmware, as a .zip file:
MXO-M315FXXU2ATJ9-20201209225021.zip

2. Which has this 5 files inside:
a) AP_M315FXXU2ATJ9_CL20009869_QB35366136_REV00_user_low_ship_meta_RKEY_OS10.tar.md5
b) BL_M315FXXU2ATJ9_CL20009869_QB35366136_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
c) CP_M315FDDU2ATJ9_CP17220727_CL20009869_QB35366136_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
d) CSC_OMC_OWO_M315FOWO2ATJ9_CL20095628_QB35501759_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
e) HOME_CSC_OMC_OWO_M315FOWO2ATJ9_CL20095628_QB35501759_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

3. I have installed the firmware by Odin-AP, with the a) file. It Passed!

4. I found that there is two vbmeta files in the firmware pack:
a) vbmeta.img.lz4
b) vbmeta_samsung.img.lz4

5. To follow the steps on this process, I took this "a" file, delete "Iz4" so that the type file ends as "img", and then I ziped it as a .tar file (with 7zip). Then I've tried to flash it by Odin-AP, and the problem appears. I notice there is a line in the log which says: RQT_CLOSE !!

6. So I've tried the same step with the file b (vbmeta_samsung.img.lz4), but it ends like Fail! as well.

7. I can't install Revanth_twrp_m31.tar, for the same reason (RQT_CLOSE !!)

How can I solve this problem?

b1ttu

Dec 20, 2020

It's show.. just enable DNS over HTTPS in Magisk settings.

b1ttu

Dec 20, 2020

HELLO, CAN YOU HELP ME?

Let's see...

Ok...

a) AP_M315FXXU2ATJ9_CL20009869_QB35366136_REV00_user_low_ship_meta_RKEY_OS10.tar.md5
c) CP_M315FDDU2ATJ9_CP17220727_CL20009869_QB35366136_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5
e) HOME_CSC_OMC_OWO_M315FOWO2ATJ9_CL20095628_QB35501759_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5

a) vbmeta.img.lz4

5. To follow the steps on this process, I took this "a" file, delete "Iz4" so that the type file ends as "img", and then I ziped it as a .tar file (with 7zip). Then I've tried to flash it by Odin-AP, and the problem appears. I notice there is a line in the log which says: RQT_CLOSE !!

6. So I've tried the same step with the file b (vbmeta_samsung.img.lz4), but it ends like Fail! as well.

Bro first, you don't need to flash stock firmware.. (only install latest firmware, if your phone not UpToDate)

You neeed to flash this vbmeta file : https://gofile.io/d/lHAKhY

1. Unlock bootloader (how to confirm, when OEM is ON & unclickable )
2. In download mode,
2.a. Install vbmeta
2.b. Twrp image ( remember auto.reboot turn off in Odin)
2.c. Open twrp and format data & delete /data/knox folder
2.d. Flash Magisk zip file.
2.e. Reboot

Enjoy..!!

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia

HELLO, CAN YOU HELP ME?

Let's see...

Ok...

a) vbmeta.img.lz4

Hi! Vbmeta use this

Attachments

• vbmeta_2.zip
    256 bytes · Views: 243
  • Revanth_twrp_m31_2.zip
    22.5 MB · Views: 168

Sotiras

Nov 8, 2020
Method working!!!

6-format data
7-flash magisk 20.4
9-normal restart

I am happy I could help, could you link me the magisk and dm verity you used? which data did you format precisely?

[email protected]

Oct 7, 2020
Perugia
I am happy I could help, could you link me the magisk and dm verity you used? which data did you format precisely?

I first deleted the data / knox folder then I formatted all the data.

Then after being rooted I updated magisk to the latest version

Attachments

• Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 135
  • Magisk-v20.4.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 61
Reactions: Sotiras

hibro2021

Jan 19, 2021
Welcome to my first post, hope this can help many people :victory:.

Foreword
This is based on my own experimentation and I do not take responsibility for KG blocked phones or any other issue related to the topic of this post.

WARNING
Your Samsung MUST be OEM unlocked and you MUST have the firmware of the same country of your SIM to avoid blocking the KG and preventing the phone from booting and using the recovery.

STEPS

1. Open ODIN

2. Put your phone in DOWNLOAD mode either by holding volume up and down while connecting the USB-C port or booting into your system then using ADB with the command
Code:
ADB reboot download

3.Select the vb meta on the AP option and flash it.

4.Before flashing have in mind that you CANNOT let the phone boot normally after flashing, so be prepared to open the recovery using volume up+power button. Either deactivate the auto reboot option in ODIN or be fast with your fingers just don't let it boot into the system as this will cause Knox to restore the stock recovery and the progress will be lost.

5. Select the TWRP on AP and flash it.

5. In TWRP go to advanced and select the file manager then access the /data/knox/ folder.

6.Delete the /data/knox/ folder.

-Format data on TWRP

-flash magisk 20.4 (optional, not tested)

-flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip module (optional, not tested)

7.Boot into the system.

8.YOU DID IT! now you should be able to boot again into twrp if you turn off and press volume up+power button.

https:// gofile. io/d/sf8xuv by Revanth Strakz

https:// gofile. io/d/lHAKhY vbmeta

I'm really sorry that I can't post the link normally because I am prevented by XDA rules of posting so it's up to you to trust me on the link, if any mod is seeing this please help me out.

If you have any issue please notify me I will respond as fast as I can! :D:D
will this work on factory rom no updates feb 2020 patch with build no
QP1A. 190711.020.M315FXXU1ATB3
bought in india with active indian sim?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Method working!!!

From what I can infer, the problem is with an unpatched vbmeta. you need to flash the vbmeta in odin as well as TWRP on AP. Again can't really post the link so delete the spaces. https:// gofile. io/d/lHAKhY . The problem in theory should be solved.

Tell me how did it go when you're done so I can update the guide. Good luck!

6-format data
    7-flash magisk 20.4
    9-normal restart

Welcome to my first post, hope this can help many people :victory:.

Foreword
    This is based on my own experimentation and I do not take responsibility for KG blocked phones or any other issue related to the topic of this post.

WARNING
    Your Samsung MUST be OEM unlocked and you MUST have the firmware of the same country of your SIM to avoid blocking the KG and preventing the phone from booting and using the recovery.

STEPS

1. Open ODIN

2. Put your phone in DOWNLOAD mode either by holding volume up and down while connecting the USB-C port or booting into your system then using ADB with the command
    Code:
    ADB reboot download

3.Select the vb meta on the AP option and flash it.

4.Before flashing have in mind that you CANNOT let the phone boot normally after flashing, so be prepared to open the recovery using volume up+power button. Either deactivate the auto reboot option in ODIN or be fast with your fingers just don't let it boot into the system as this will cause Knox to restore the stock recovery and the progress will be lost.

5. Select the TWRP on AP and flash it.

5. In TWRP go to advanced and select the file manager then access the /data/knox/ folder.

6.Delete the /data/knox/ folder.

-Format data on TWRP

-flash magisk 20.4 (optional, not tested)

-flash Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_03.04.2020.zip module (optional, not tested)

7.Boot into the system.

8.YOU DID IT! now you should be able to boot again into twrp if you turn off and press volume up+power button.

https:// gofile. io/d/sf8xuv by Revanth Strakz

https:// gofile. io/d/lHAKhY vbmeta

I'm really sorry that I can't post the link normally because I am prevented by XDA rules of posting so it's up to you to trust me on the link, if any mod is seeing this please help me out.

If you have any issue please notify me I will respond as fast as I can! :D:D
    Hi !!! So I performed these steps:
    1_ installed the latest Italian firmware
    2_I made the TWRP flash that you indicated to me
    3_manual restart volume + and power button and it returns to me as well as in the photo that attached. Where am I wrong ???
    I have tried 3 times:(:(:(

From what I can infer, the problem is with an unpatched vbmeta. you need to flash the vbmeta in odin as well as TWRP on AP. Again can't really post the link so delete the spaces. https:// gofile. io/d/lHAKhY . The problem in theory should be solved.

Tell me how did it go when you're done so I can update the guide. Good luck!

Odin automatic restart option deselected then volume down key + power button and immediately after volume up + power button