TUTORIAL: Ingenic Cloner tool - Amazfit PACE/Stratos/3/Verge deep flash tutorial

Search This thread

1immortal

Aug 19, 2007
Petah Tiqwa
dogodroid.comuf.com
Heya all,

As we all seen and know, the PACE/Stratos/Verge(WIP*) devices have 2 flashing modes:
1. Fastboot - where we need an unlocked bootloader for the watch to be able to downgrade/upgrade/flash custom ROMs.
2. ForceErase - the 2nd option, that no one wants to go there, because is soooooo f#%@ing complicated to get out of there with the JZ4875 mode under the device manager....
a lot of times users wrote that they managed to re-flash their devices in that mode, they wrote some lines, but there was no actual step by step tutorial on how to do that.
Well, there is now.

First of all, THIS CAN KILL YOUR WATCH, FOR REAL, FOR GOOD.
I taking no responsibility on dead watches, failed flash routines, hungry kittens or bears stealing your crops. Following these steps is on your responsibility, read it 7 times before starting to do anything.
You will need:
1. an Amazfit Watch - PACE or Stratos, Verge and Stratos 3 - Verge and Stratos 3 been tested by @Saratoga79 - thanks a gazillion capara :highfive:
2. a Windows machine - there are tools for linux based OSs, will be added in 2nd post. If you're running on an x64 machine, have it booted with driver signature disabled - http://bfy.tw/McS7
3. Drivers installation ability - you will need to enforce drivers on your device - make sure you're up to that, and you know how to install drivers, if you don't know how, youtube around a little.

Files needed:
1. Cloner - latest Ingenic version 2.5 - AFH link | MEGA link
2. Preferably, stock rom of your watch - There are Stock rom threads by saratoga79 for our devices, you will need both Full pack and the OTA files as well, as they are posted on each version:
PACE roms - https://goo.gl/h57omp
Stratos roms - https://goo.gl/6JdBoU
Verge roms - http://bit.ly/2M85nfy
Let's dive in.
1. As stated before, if running an x86 machine, boot it normally. in case of an x64 one - this is probably what you have - boot your windows without drivers signature - this is mandatory.
2. Download the Cloner app from the links above, and extract it with your favorite zip manager. If using windows explorer, do not run the software directly from the zip file, extract it into an accessible folder, and run the app.
1.PNG

Go into the Config
under the INFO tab, make sure to select m200s on the platform and under the board, select M200s_lpddr2_android.cfg
in the Misc selection, do not change anything, make sure that Force Reset is selected.
2.png

Now .... remember the stock roms ?
You will need to extract from the stock rom installer the following files:
boot.img
recovery.img
system.img.gz
-> this one needs to be extracted again into a much larger file -> system.img
From the OTA file, you need to extract the following file:
u-boot-with-spl-mbr-gpt.bin
Make sure to take the relevant OTA file, the one that OTAs to the rom version, for example:
you wish to flash 2.3.7.0, you will need to take the 2.3.7.0 stock rom and to take the 2.3.6.1->2.3.7.0 OTA file.
After extracting all files into one folder, switch to the Policy tab:
3.png

take a look at the green marked areas:
Make sure not to change anything, and load the file by pressing the 3 dots on the right of the row according to their field from the location from the folder you've extracted the rom files to.
should look like this:
4.png

After the correct file selection, press Save and Yes to save the current config.
Now .... to the tricky part - entering your watch into flashing mode by force, if you're not stuck in it in the first place:
PACE - place the watch in the charger while connected to your PC, press the power button until watch rebooted. As the screen lits up, count to 4~5 at a fast pace and release the button.​
If done at a proper timing, you should see this on the screen.​
Double press on the power button will enter your watch into the deep flash, and you will see absolutely nothing on the screen, and you'll get a new unknown device under the file manager.​
Stratos - place the watch in the charger while connected to your PC, press the power button until watch rebooted. As the screen lits up, count to 8~9 at a fast pace and release the button.​
Tripple press on the power button will enter your watch into the deep flash, and you will see absolutely nothing on the screen, and you'll get a new unknown device under the file manager.​

Stratos 3 instructions - Again, thanks @Saratoga79 !

0. Watch turned on (showing Amazfit logo probably) and connected to PC
2. Press the top button until the watch turns off and keep pressing
3. When the screen turns on, release the button and press it immediately and keep pressing until the screen turns off and keep pressing
4. When screen turns on, count 4 Mississippis and release the button. If everything went fine, you may be in fastboot and ForceErase menu
5. Press 3 times the top button to enter into ForceErase mode
6. Install JZ4875 driver, setup de Tool same way is explained in the thread, and press Start
7. Press the top button in the watch until the tool stars flashing.

Now ... the device manager.
depends on your operating system, you might see this device:
5.png

or something named as JZ4875 device, or something new that wasn't there before. if not sure, post a screenshot of your device manager and we will guide you what and why.
the specific screenshot is autodetected by Windows 10 x64 - a manual installation of drivers is mandatory, the flashing drivers are in the cloner folder.
Follow this flow for driver installation, and when prompted to install the untrusted device, allow the installation.
6.png

8.png

9.png

So now we have a saved configuration and a device in the correct mood for flashing.
press the Start on the initial cloner screen:
1.PNG

At this point, with the PACE watch, you will have to press the power button for initiating the flash, on the Stratos device you will have to press the power button for some 5 seconds until it will start to work.
If not sure how long to hold the power button, press it and hold it until you'll see this screen:
10.png

The system flashing time might take a while, so have patience.
At the end of the process , the watch will reboot and should start normally.
Validate your SN number - if your watch is BL unlocked and you downgraded it, and now you're lacking SN, you will need to manually restore it via these instructions.

This will be updated with Verge related instructions as soon as i'll do this on a Verge.
Any questions or problems, post screenshots with your problems.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 5.png
    5.png
    30 KB · Views: 31
  • 7.png
    7.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

The4anoni

Sep 25, 2015
Will this relock bootloader ?
How can i just re lock bootloader via this without flashing fw?
I have 2.3.9.0.

This can be very userful, thanks for sharing :D

Last edited:

rafalfalfa

Aug 25, 2009
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxLNHnHcTFCXN2hvVGxQOGliUzdHSDhpbnJKbGUzdXo4cGpz

Error
OTA 2.3.8.0 -> 2.3.9.0 Installer - uboot
2.3.9.0 - Boot, recovery, system
open

Heya all,

As we all seen and know, the PACE/Stratos/Verge(WIP*) devices have 2 flashing modes:
1. Fastboot - where we need an unlocked bootloader for the watch to be able to downgrade/upgrade/flash custom ROMs.
2. ForceErase - the 2nd option, that no one wants to go there, because is soooooo f#%@ing complicated to get out of there with the JZ4875 mode under the device manager....
a lot of times users wrote that they managed to re-flash their devices in that mode, they wrote some lines, but there was no actual step by step tutorial on how to do that.
Well, there is now.

I taking no responsibility on dead watches, failed flash routines, hungry kittens or bears stealing your crops. Following these steps is on your responsibility, read it 7 times before starting to do anything.
You will need:
1. an Amazfit Watch - PACE or Stratos, Verge currently under tests, do not attempt this process on Verge devices until this line removed.
2. a Windows machine - there are tools for linux based OSs, will be added in 2nd post. If you're running on an x64 machine, have it booted with driver signature disabled - http://bfy.tw/McS7
3. Drivers installation ability - you will need to enforce drivers on your device - make sure you're up to that, and you know how to install drivers, if you don't know how, youtube around a little.

Files needed:
2. Preferably, stock rom of your watch - There are Stock rom threads by saratoga79 for our devices, you will need both Full pack and the OTA files as well, as they are posted on each version:
Let's dive in.
1. As stated before, if running an x86 machine, boot it normally. in case of an x64 one - this is probably what you have - boot your windows without drivers signature - this is mandatory.
2. Download the Cloner app from the links above, and extract it with your favorite zip manager. If using windows explorer, do not run the software directly from the zip file, extract it into an accessible folder, and run the app.
2lc4odt.png

Go into the Config
under the INFO tab, make sure to select m200s on the platform and under the board, select M200s_lpddr2_android.cfg
in the Misc selection, do not change anything, make sure that Force Reset is selected.
24cgjtf.png

boot.img
recovery.img
system.img.gz -> this one needs to be extracted again into a much larger file -> system.img
Make sure to take the relevant OTA file, the one that OTAs to the rom version, for example:
you wish to flash 2.3.7.0, you will need to take the 2.3.7.0 stock rom and to take the 2.3.6.1->2.3.7.0 OTA file.
29z3m1w.png

Make sure not to change anything, and load the file by pressing the 3 dots on the right of the row according to their field from the location from the folder you've extracted the rom files to.
should look like this:
29q07kp.png

After the correct file selection, press Save and Yes to save the current config.
Now .... to the tricky part - entering your watch into flashing mode by force, if you're not stuck in it in the first place:
PACE - place the watch in the charger while connected to your PC, press the power button until watch rebooted. As the screen lits up, count to 4~5 at a fast pace and release the button.
2wf4m6a.jpg
Double press on the power button will enter your watch into the deep flash, and you will see absolutely nothing on the screen, and you'll get a new unknown device under the file manager.​
Stratos - place the watch in the charger while connected to your PC, press the power button until watch rebooted. As the screen lits up, count to 8~9 at a fast pace and release the button.
2wf4m6a.jpg
Tripple press on the power button will enter your watch into the deep flash, and you will see absolutely nothing on the screen, and you'll get a new unknown device under the file manager.​

1pfr6q.png

or something named as JZ4875 device, or something new that wasn't there before. if not sure, post a screenshot of your device manager and we will guide you what and why.
the specific screenshot is autodetected by Windows 10 x64 - a manual installation of drivers is mandatory, the flashing drivers are in the cloner folder.
Follow this flow for driver installation, and when prompted to install the untrusted device, allow the installation.
1e2elg.png

2i11ky1.png

2uf4r52.png

So now we have a saved configuration and a device in the correct mood for flashing.
2enlqbc.png

At this point, with the PACE watch, you will have to press the power button for initiating the flash, on the Stratos device you will have to press the power button for some 5 seconds until it will start to work.
If not sure how long to hold the power button, press it and hold it until you'll see this screen:
pag0m.png

Validate your SN number - if your watch is BL unlocked and you downgraded it, and now you're lacking SN, you will need to manually restore it via these instructions.

This will be updated with Verge related instructions as soon as i'll do this on a Verge.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UFo6UxvWnYZ7m_lNi472uVvC7DsiKWer

mieki3

Sep 3, 2015
Lublin
Lads and lasses;) by mistake I have installed Stock rom (Saratoga's Stock_US_2.8.4.0_Firmware_Installer_Amazfit_Pace.zip) on Amazfit Stratos. Now the watch is working, but because the buttons and touch screen doesn't work (well one button is working, but it is like the back button) I cannot really use it. It is visible in PC (win10), in adb and fastboot. BUT I cannot reflashed it because bootloader is LOCKED, serial number is NULL and there is no ROOT. Please let me know, whether Cloner Tool could fix it? If so, should I treat the watch (during this procedure) as Pace, or Stratos (I am not asking about the rom, it is obvious that I have to use the Stratos files).

lfom

Mar 14, 2015
Lads and lasses;) by mistake I have installed Stock rom (Saratoga's Stock_US_2.8.4.0_Firmware_Installer_Amazfit_Pace.zip) on Amazfit Stratos. Now the watch is working, but because the buttons and touch screen doesn't work (well one button is working, but it is like the back button) I cannot really use it. It is visible in PC (win10), in adb and fastboot. BUT I cannot reflashed it because bootloader is LOCKED, serial number is NULL and there is no ROOT. Please let me know, whether Cloner Tool could fix it? If so, should I treat the watch (during this procedure) as Pace, or Stratos (I am not asking about the rom, it is obvious that I have to use the Stratos files).

It should, your device is a Stratos so you *must* use Stratos firmware files.

Reactions: mieki3

Saratoga79

Jan 12, 2013
Ordizia Capital

Yes, this method is used to fix issues like yours, and as @lfom said, use Stratos Firmware files.

RR_TW

Feb 6, 2011
I was accidentally flash pace's rom into my stratos, but SN is still there, and I can get my stratos into fastboot mode.
When I try to follow this post, download stratos rom from here, this is what I got :
Code:
[.]                     [..]                    boot-US-adb-root.img    boot.img                boot2-US-adb-root.img
FCT_RST.bat             FCT_RST2.bat            flash_ES.bat            flash_ES10.bat          flash_ES12.bat
flash_ES2.bat           flash_rom.sh            flash_US.bat            flash_US10.bat          flash_US12.bat
flash_US2.bat           install_recovery.sh     md5s.txt                QR.bat                  recovery-mod.img
recovery-mod2.img       recovery.img            system.img.gz           terminal_cmd.bat        Unbrick_ES.bat
Unbrick_ES10.bat        Unbrick_US.bat          Unbrick_US10.bat        ver.txt

There is no u-boot-with-spl-mbr-gpt.bin in US rom.

And then, I download CN rom from http://bbs.huami.com, here is it :
Code:
boot.img
file_contexts
META-INF <DIR>
recovery <DIR>
system <DIR>
There is no system.img and recovery.img in CN rom.

What should I do ? :(

mieki3

Sep 3, 2015
Lublin
I was accidentally flash pace's rom into my stratos, but SN is still there, and I can get my stratos into fastboot mode.
When I try to follow this post, download stratos rom from here, this is what I got :
Code:
[.]                     [..]                    boot-US-adb-root.img    boot.img                boot2-US-adb-root.img
FCT_RST.bat             FCT_RST2.bat            flash_ES.bat            flash_ES10.bat          flash_ES12.bat
flash_ES2.bat           flash_rom.sh            flash_US.bat            flash_US10.bat          flash_US12.bat
flash_US2.bat           install_recovery.sh     md5s.txt                QR.bat                  recovery-mod.img
recovery-mod2.img       recovery.img            system.img.gz           terminal_cmd.bat        Unbrick_ES.bat
Unbrick_ES10.bat        Unbrick_US.bat          Unbrick_US10.bat        ver.txt

There is no u-boot-with-spl-mbr-gpt.bin in US rom.

And then, I download CN rom from http://bbs.huami.com, here is it :
Code:
boot.img
file_contexts
META-INF <DIR>
recovery <DIR>
system <DIR>
There is no system.img and recovery.img in CN rom.

What should I do ? :(
I have downloaded rom for Stratos from here
these two files -> Stock US/International 2.3.8.0 Firmware Installer with OTA updates | Mirror AND OTA 2.3.7.0 -> 2.3.8.0 Installer | Mirror
Three files (boot.img; recovery.img and system.img) should be -> Stock US/International 2.3.8.0 Firmware Installer with OTA updates | Mirror
File u-boot-with-spl-mbr-gpt.bin you will find in OTA 2.3.7.0 -> 2.3.8.0 Installer | Mirror

Last edited:
Reactions: 1immortal

RR_TW

Feb 6, 2011
I'm trying this way to save my bricked Stratos, now all 4 files are here, but there is another problem...

I had boot stratos into fastboot mode, and my PC (Windows7 32bit) shows stratos as ADB Testing Interface. (I attached screen shot with my post)
oops.png

I did try to change its driver to drivers I download from #1 thread, however Windows7 told me :
The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your device. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for 32-bit system.

I can't install this cloner USB driver, any suggestions ?
:(

Attachments

• oops.png
    oops.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Saratoga79

Jan 12, 2013
Ordizia Capital
I'm trying this way to save my bricked Stratos, now all 4 files are here, but there is another problem...

I had boot stratos into fastboot mode, and my PC (Windows7 32bit) shows stratos as ADB Testing Interface. (I attached screen shot with my post)
oops.png

I did try to change its driver to drivers I download from #1 thread, however Windows7 told me :
The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for your decide. If the folder contains a driver, make sure it is designed to work with Windows for 32-bit system.

I can't install this cloner USB driver, any suggestions ?
:(

But is your watch in flashing mode by force (Erase mode)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Heya all,

Well, there is now.

You will need:
    1. an Amazfit Watch - PACE or Stratos, Verge and Stratos 3 - Verge and Stratos 3 been tested by @Saratoga79 - thanks a gazillion capara :highfive:

Files needed:
    Verge roms - http://bit.ly/2M85nfy
    Let's dive in.
    1.PNG

Go into the Config
    2.png

boot.img
    recovery.img
    system.img.gz
    -> this one needs to be extracted again into a much larger file -> system.img
    3.png

should look like this:
    4.png

PACE - place the watch in the charger while connected to your PC, press the power button until watch rebooted. As the screen lits up, count to 4~5 at a fast pace and release the button.​
    Stratos - place the watch in the charger while connected to your PC, press the power button until watch rebooted. As the screen lits up, count to 8~9 at a fast pace and release the button.​

Stratos 3 instructions - Again, thanks @Saratoga79 !

0. Watch turned on (showing Amazfit logo probably) and connected to PC
    2. Press the top button until the watch turns off and keep pressing
    3. When the screen turns on, release the button and press it immediately and keep pressing until the screen turns off and keep pressing
    4. When screen turns on, count 4 Mississippis and release the button. If everything went fine, you may be in fastboot and ForceErase menu
    5. Press 3 times the top button to enter into ForceErase mode
    6. Install JZ4875 driver, setup de Tool same way is explained in the thread, and press Start
    7. Press the top button in the watch until the tool stars flashing.

5.png

6.png

8.png

9.png

1.PNG

10.png

Thanks!
    1st post updated - method works with Verge and Stratos 3 devices!

Yes, this method is used to fix issues like yours, and as @lfom said, use Stratos Firmware files.
    Stratos come back to life :) Even SN has appeared and bootloader is unlocked. Thank you all for help!
    Great work Capara!! :good::good::good:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone