[Tutorial] Install TWRP on PRO 5

Search This thread

toms157

Nov 30, 2014
Hi,

Before all, I am not responsible if your device get bricked or something like this.

So you need to unlock the bootloader before, check this tutorial to do that : http://forum.xda-developers.com/meizu-mx/general/tutorial-unlock-bootloader-meizu-pro-5-t3303127

After that, download the twrp image here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/meizu-mx/general/recovery-twrp-3-0-meizu-pro5-t3349888

Then place the twrp file on your desktop.
Boot you Pro 5 into fastboot mode (Power+Vol down) and connect it to pc.

Launch cmd, and then go to your desktop :

1459413162-cmd1.png

Then type this command :

Code:
fastboot flash recovery twrp_pro5.img

If there are no problems, you will get that :

1459413344-cmd2.png

And that's all, now you can boot on TWRP with Power+Vol Up

Attachments

• attachment.php.jpg
    attachment.php.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 1,840
Last edited:
Reactions: Kiritomo and Asiier

showofdeth

Sep 1, 2011
Perfect! Nice one. Thank you for taking the time to do this. Can't wait to try it out! Now you have TWRP have you tried flashing anything like a custom kernel or something?

29y6145

Jun 7, 2013
Ha Noi
Hi, u'r an expert I see so... do u know a way to unlock BL without wiping my data ? Check my post on unlocking BL topic please :p

I known
I will upload file kernel and bootloader unlocked
Then you can make rom custom rom then add bootloader unlocker for rom stock
You wil no lost unlock
I hope yo will think of many ideas
PS: I making rom beta G without wipe data , and no lost unlock
Hope will good
SR English my bad
PS: I dont understand....IF you unlock then update FW stock , bootloader will update.and devices will lock...you can not keep data,because downgrade FW ;)

Last edited:

toms157

Nov 30, 2014
Be careful with flashing zip with TWRP : I have flashed an update (official) with TWRP to see if it works : update flash works but now I can't access to any recovery, just fastboot and system.

Unable to flash any recovery with fastboot, permission denied, locked bootloader after update.

And I can't flash recovery with the Meizu official tool, I get "token sign failed".
So I can't update the phone at all, no official update, nothing because the phone won't boot into recovery.

Great.

29y6145

Jun 7, 2013
Ha Noi
Be careful with flashing zip with TWRP : I have flashed an update (official) with TWRP to see if it works : update flash works but now I can't access to any recovery, just fastboot and system.

Unable to flash any recovery with fastboot, permission denied, locked bootloader after update.

And I can't flash recovery with the Meizu official tool, I get "token sign failed".
So I can't update the phone at all, no official update, nothing because the phone won't boot into recovery.

Great.

You need note: If you flash stock rom (no delete bootloader) devices will update bootloader and devices will lock bootloader
If you want flash rom stock or update rom pls delete file
bootloader , dtb ,ldfw,logo.bin,recovery.img,firmware_type,imei.dat,machine_match
and folder META-INF\com\android
Then edit updater-script
good luck

Last edited:

toms157

Nov 30, 2014
You need note: If you flash stock rom (no delete bootloader) devices will update bootloader and devices will lock bootloader
bootloader , dtb , file_contexts,ldfw,logo.bin,recovery.img,firmware_type,imei.dat,machine_match
Then edit updater-script
good luck

Thanks, but now I can't update anything : when I try to boot into recovery, the phone boot into system. Power+Vol.Up doesn't work now, until I flashed the new rom. So I can't update the phone.

29y6145

Jun 7, 2013
Ha Noi
Thanks, but now I can't update anything : when I try to boot into recovery, the phone boot into system. Power+Vol.Up doesn't work now, until I flashed the new rom. So I can't update the phone.
you can try
1-root devices
2-use flashfire or flashify flash recovery stock (recovery.img stock in rom stock zip meizu)
good luck

toms157

Nov 30, 2014
you can try
1-root devices
2-use flashfire or flashify flash recovery stock (recovery.img stock in rom stock zip meizu)
good luck

Thanks, I can flash official update, but when I try to flash recovery.img (official too) : IOException write failed, Permission Denied.

I have tried to flash the update with the unlocked bootloader : works, but the bootloader won't get unlocked.

Thanks for the help.

$or$

Oct 21, 2012
Tehran
ramtin1.deviantart.com
bootloader , dtb ,ldfw,logo.bin,recovery.img,firmware_type,imei.dat,machine_match
Then edit updater-script
good luck

how to edit updater-script? can you post the edited one for us please?

29y6145

Jun 7, 2013
Ha Noi
This may be useful to flash, on stock recovery, an UPDATE.ZIP with only the unlocked bootloader ?:confused:

I will upload file rom with bootloader unlock
use stock recovery flash
may be tomorow

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Still have it :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66126212&postcount=105

:D I've tried to flash it in fastboot. No way...

PS If u wish to create a ZIP file with unlocked BL, I think u've to add on BOOT.IMG too...

file zip but need twrp
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1JX0MSsEt63QzBtMG9IV3FPcUk/view?usp=sharing

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
file bootloader unlocked
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1JX0MSsEt63dkdtc05PZkZTSHc/view?usp=sharing

I will upload file rom with bootloader unlock
use stock recovery flash
may be tomorow

Maybe it'll be better to find a way to flash ONLY the unlocked BL, without to reflash the entire rom again ?! ;)

Let me understand... I've to unlock BL in order to flash TWRP... with which I can unlock BL ?! :D:D:D Naaaa, there's a way to unlock it flashing only 3 files ( bootloader + dtb + boot.img ) by stock recovery, we have to discover how and find this way :highfive:

29y6145

Jun 7, 2013
Ha Noi
Maybe it'll be better to find a way to flash ONLY the unlocked BL, without to reflash the entire rom again ?! ;)

Let me understand... I've to unlock BL in order to flash TWRP... with which I can unlock BL ?! :D:D:D Naaaa, there's a way to unlock it flashing only 3 files ( bootloader + dtb + boot.img ) by stock recovery, we have to discover how and find this way :highfive:
ok iam thingking

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Perhaps I've another way to unlock the BL without losing rom, data, etc. Only 2 lines in fastboot.

If someone wants to try.. :)

naboleo

Aug 4, 2006
Perhaps I've another way to unlock the BL without losing rom, data, etc. Only 2 lines in fastboot.

If someone wants to try.. :)
Keep in mind that looked bootloader will ALWAYS check file signature .... which mean only official or resigned file will apply correctly... Unlocked one is less critical and you can flash rom (zipped) with deleted/changed bootloader or recovery img

Why don't you simply use titanium backup first ? Then unlock bootloader, flash recovery, install whatever rom build you want and root+ restore ? This way you won't have spend 2 days for an AIO solution that might never be available

Top Liked Posts