Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I KILLED MY PHONE

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread
N

notanaccount

1st download link is dead...plz. upload new one or upload at attachments..

After so many nights without sleep, i found solution for rooting new LG P500 official rom update.

DO THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK, I WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY IF YOU BRICK YOUR PHONE !!!

Read instructions carefully

First of all, download archive from here and extract it to your desktop
And download driver pack from here

1. Back up all data with ASTRO file manager, you can find it on market.
2. Hard reset your phone either with system->privacy->erase all data or turning your phone off, and holding HOME,VOLUME DOWN and POWER BUTTON.
3. After phone boots up, you have clean file system, then go to Applications, and turn on USB Debugging mode

NOW THE FUNNY PART

1. Connect your phone with usb cables, make sure you have installed all the drivers needed, and connect phone in DEBUGGING Mode (provided a bit upper on this post)
2. In the extracted folder called root on your desktop, go to ADB folder and start cmd7.exe if u run win7 or cmdXP.exe (run as administrator in both options) if ur pc runs win XP. (your address bar should like something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME HERE\Desktop\root\ADB
3. After starting cmd7 or cmdXP, type following commands
Code:
adb devices
then
Code:
adb shell
(symbol will change to $ or #) and copy paste following command into your terminal
Code:
echo 1 > /data/local/lge_adb.conf
4. After doing this, REBOOT YOUR PHONE
5. After reboot, go to root folder on desktop again, and start SuperOneClick.exe
6. Select GingerBreak method and press root button
7. After few seconds VOILA !!! You have rooted Optimus One.
8. REBOOT PHONE and update superuser app from market (mine was updated automatically)

To unroot device, follow steps from 1 to 6 in FUNNY PART and select unroot instead gingerbreak. and you will have unrooted device

I tried to root all kinds with android SDK and many others, and always had problems with force close. Running on this method for 3 days, and have no errors.

This is my tutorial, if u consider it helpfull, think about donating for cofee or beer.

Comments, Questions... post it below, i will read them and answer ASAP

EDIT : If you want to have beautiful CRT OFF Animation on your phone read tut here be sure to backup phonebook mine was deleted, but now i have crt off animation, which i looooove and think that is the second best thing to do after rooting :D:D:D
VIDEO IS LOCATED HERE

1st download link is dead...plz. upload new one or upload at attachments..

thanks !!!!!

Ahish.s

niral.naik

not working link

After so many nights without sleep, i found solution for rooting new LG P500 official rom update.

2. Hard reset your phone either with system->privacy->erase all data or turning your phone off, and holding HOME,VOLUME DOWN and POWER BUTTON.
3. After phone boots up, you have clean file system, then go to Applications, and turn on USB Debugging mode

NOW THE FUNNY PART

1. Connect your phone with usb cables, make sure you have installed all the drivers needed, and connect phone in DEBUGGING Mode (provided a bit upper on this post)
2. In the extracted folder called root on your desktop, go to ADB folder and start cmd7.exe if u run win7 or cmdXP.exe (run as administrator in both options) if ur pc runs win XP. (your address bar should like something like this: C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR NAME HERE\Desktop\root\ADB
Code:
adb devices
then
Code:
adb shell
(symbol will change to $ or #) and copy paste following command into your terminal
Code:
5. After reboot, go to root folder on desktop again, and start SuperOneClick.exe
8. REBOOT PHONE and update superuser app from market (mine was updated automatically)

To unroot device, follow steps from 1 to 6 in FUNNY PART and select unroot instead gingerbreak. and you will have unrooted device

I tried to root all kinds with android SDK and many others, and always had problems with force close. Running on this method for 3 days, and have no errors.

This is my tutorial, if u consider it helpfull, think about donating for cofee or beer.

EDIT : If you want to have beautiful CRT OFF Animation on your phone read tut here be sure to backup phonebook mine was deleted, but now i have crt off animation, which i looooove and think that is the second best thing to do after rooting :D:D:D
VIDEO IS LOCATED HERE
Mirror please!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

NOW THE FUNNY PART

Code:
    adb devices
    then
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:

VIDEO IS LOCATED HERE
    @dailywazi and others

Here is reupload of software which is needed for rooting our phones :D

SuperOneClick with everything needed for rooting:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11432276/Root.rar

Android USB modem driver (works on Win7 x64 and Windows 8 x64/x86 (tested and works like charm)) :

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11432276/LGAndroidDriver_Ver_1.0_All.zip

Tutorial link:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=16276502&postcount=1

For any help contact me on PM and hit THANKS if this post helped you :D
    i tried the above method and was successful but the problem is that superuser app crashes when some other apps require root access..and more over setcpu is not working, only clocks stock mhz...

Try EXACTLY as written, because if you don't do like it is mentioned above, root will be wrong, and u will have app.crash on superuser. If Everything is done by my tut, your superuser app will be updated and phone rooted.

Try again, reading row by row
    Hi
    I have Rooted my Optimus p500 with official 2.3.3 update, Installed Rom manager and also Recovery from Rom Manager (Clockwork Mod) & i have franco.Kernel.v1-16082011 installed
    I'm also using Set Cpu and have set it to 729mhz

Now i want to know whether these are the best setting that i can have to play HD games?? (PES 2011 is still laagy)

Do i have to Install a ROM?, If yes; Which one and how? (Which is the best gaming Rom compatible to my phone ?

are there any baseband problems ??? (as i have the official 2.3.3 update )

Do i have to install an other kernel ??
    stock 2.3.3. uses a new baseband.

For performance, I suggest you use mik's 6.6.1 ROM and the latest kernel from franco. Franco has released a new stable kernel for mik's 6.6.1 ROM and stock LG ROM 2.3.3 ROM.

To install mik's 6.6.1 ROM you need to reflash the old baseband or reinstall froyo via the KDZ update route, root the phone again and install custom ROM/kernels

If you want to continue with new baseband try the following link
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1256401
    why dont u post it on optimus one thread.....?????

I saw that here was some posts about rooting, i will copy my post or let Mod replace it.