[Tutorial]Lumia Only - Unlocking BootLoader And Flashing Custom Rom Written Tutorial

Search This thread

slowbrow

Aug 8, 2018
can be used to flash custom rom?
i search tutorial to flash on my lumia 520 with cm13, but in the end i got "no valid partition found in the archive" message
what should i do?

finnpalm

Oct 9, 2018
Hello. I have a few questions.

- I have a Lumia 820 that I want to unlock the bootloader on, and then later restore the bootloader to its locked state. I see that the program has an option called "Restore bootloader". Is that what it does, relock the bootloader? If not, is there a way to relock an unlocked bootloader?

- Is the bootloader unlock process plug-and-play or are there any tutorials for how the whole process is done?

Best regards.

Hello. I have a few questions.

- I have a Lumia 820 that I want to unlock the bootloader on, and then later restore the bootloader to its locked state. I see that the program has an option called "Restore bootloader". Is that what it does, relock the bootloader? If not, is there a way to relock an unlocked bootloader?

- Is the bootloader unlock process plug-and-play or are there any tutorials for how the whole process is done?

Best regards.

The restore bootloader function basically restores it. I think it reinstalls it. I say this because i had a Lumia 520 with damaged bootloader (just for letting it in a drawer for over a year with the battery inside) and then i restored bootloader and then it booted.

---------- Post added at 12:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 AM ----------

Just a quick question, I'm about to use the updated Windows Phone Internals 2.3. I only want to Unlock the Bootloader and Enable root access (for Lumia 950). Doing these alone shouldn't erase phone data, right?

No, it won't erase phone data but if something goes wrong, your phone can brick.

Last edited:

anthony35

Dec 10, 2018
erreur bad FFU File

bonjour ,
Je souhaiterai savoir quel fichier .bin je dois installer car lorsque je mets le fichier \RM1089_059w9m1_02074.00000.15234.28004_031.signature.bin (téléchargé depuis le site de lumia), j'ai un message d'erreur:
"Bad FFU file
Bad FFU file: C:\user\admin\desktop\lumia 535\RM1089_059w9m1_02074.00000.15234.28004_031.signature.bin.
le format de l'executable (.exe) ou de la bibliothèque(.dll) n'est pas valide"
d'ou vient le problème? merci de votre aide.

is.me.felix

Feb 18, 2019
Well, you can get the FFU file of your Lumia at lumiafirmwaredotcom. But after unlocking the bootloader from the selected FFU file, will flashing the FFU file with unlocked bootloader erase all data from my phone??? I'm just making sure before I start the process because I have a game (mostly used) named Asphalt 8: Airborne, and I don't want to get it erased coz it took literally two days to fully download it... Since we have a slow internet connection (about 70+ to 90+ KB/s average), I cant do it again! So, in conclusion, will this erase all data from my phone after flashing it with unlocked bootloader???????
PS: Lumia 520

unlocking the bootloader won't erase the data, but flashing any ROM to your device will

Ovaryraptor

Mar 28, 2019
I'm following this to the T but when I get to step 2 to unlock Root Access I simply get Mass Storage mode failed.

I'm trying to do this on a Lumia 928 so I don't have an SLB3 file which I suspect is the problem. Even when linking the retail .ffu to extract the SLB3 it does nothing.

Am I SOL in even trying to unlock Mass Storage mode to create a back-up?

ram2019

Sep 21, 2019
hi,
it seems that windows internal supports lumia 540 device but I have some problem trying to unlock the bootloader.
is there any emergency files to lumia 540 or should I apply a specific process to unlock that device and install another OS.
thx

ChauKhanh

Feb 5, 2014
Hi all ! Can I unlock bootloader my Lumia 1020 build 3051.50009.1451.1001 by build 3051.50009.1424.0001.ffu ?
I need to help unlock bootloader for backup rom.zip ! Thank you ! Sorry my English.

Iván_Judas

Oct 21, 2017
Hello everyone, I have found a Lumia 1520 and would like to install Android (LineageOS) and I have been trying to follow the tutorial and I am missing several things.

- When I try to unlock the bootloader it asks for 3 files, 2 with the extension ".ffu" and one with the extension ".ede" I have tried to put the official ROM files ".ffu" and it gives me an error ("The OS version of the selected FFU is not supported. Select a donor-FFU with a supported OS version.") and does not allow me to do so.

Someone who can help me please?

I also can't find the file with the extension ".SBL3" can someone tell me where it is?

Thank you

regards

Reactions: MaxisMan

PPI4566

Jan 18, 2021
Hi there. I know this may sound stupid. But any chance it'll work on Microsoft Lumia 540 (RM-1141) Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 with the OS version: 8.10.15137.148? I'm about to install XAP files outside the store (since the store is dead now) but I realized I need to unlock the bootloader first before it allows me to install XAP files outside the store. But I don't want to run the phone into any trouble before I proceed to unlock the bootloader. Thank you to
1610957422361.jpg
those who replied to me

MaxisMan

Dec 9, 2014
Hello everyone, I have found a Lumia 1520 and would like to install Android (LineageOS) and I have been trying to follow the tutorial and I am missing several things.

- When I try to unlock the bootloader it asks for 3 files, 2 with the extension ".ffu" and one with the extension ".ede" I have tried to put the official ROM files ".ffu" and it gives me an error ("The OS version of the selected FFU is not supported. Select a donor-FFU with a supported OS version.") and does not allow me to do so.

I also can't find the file with the extension ".SBL3" can someone tell me where it is?

Thank you

regards
Were you able to fix this?

vin2077

Nov 15, 2022
This Is a Written Tutorial On Unlocking Lumia Bootloader and flashing Custom Rom.

While This is Just a Written Tutorial Of using windows phone internals I am Just Providing Its Tutorial.
All Work Is Done By HealthCliff,
He Is Owner And Creator Of WindowsPhoneInternals.

Features Of Unlocking BootLoader,
1.Enable of root access.
2.Installing Any Custom Rom.
3.Customising Phone.
4.Access Of System Files.
5.Interop Unlock (Deploy Unlimited xap,appx)
6.A way for HomeBrew Apps.

Warning:This tool may cause irrevocable damage and/or data loss when applied to any target device. As such please ensure that you fully comprehend and accept the Disclaimer and warnings before proceeding any further.
Means That This Can Really Brick Your Lovely Wp Device, The Developer (HealthCliff) Or anyone is not responsible For any Damage caused to your Phone. You are all responsible for every action You take.

Supported Phones:

Lumia 520, 521, 525, 620, 625, 720, 820, 920, 925, 928, 1020 and 1320 are supported. These bootloaders can be unlocked.

Supported OS:

Requirements,
1.WindowsPhoneInternals -Get It > here.
2.Windows Device Recovery Tool - Get It > here
3.SBL3(Optional But Required) - In attachment
4.Compatible FFU Image For Your Phone.(You Can Get It with Windows Device Recovery Tool or WDRT.)
5.Drivers(Installed With WDRT).
6.Lumia Emergency Flash Loaders - You will Get It from here.

The Tools And Resources At No. 3,4,6 Differ From Phone to Phone So i WIll Tell You How To Get This All.

Preparation:

1.Installing Windows Device Recovery tool:

1.1: Download Tool(Link in Requirement Area).
1.2: Install It.
1.3: Wait Until It Download And Install All Required Drivers.

2.Obtaining A FFU Image.
2.1: Connect WindowsPhone To Pc via USB cable(Data Cable).
2.2: Run Windows Device Recovery Tool And Select Your Phone.
2.3: Click On Reinstall/Install Software Button.
2.4: Let It To Download And Flash Your Lumia.(Note: FFU Images Are Greater Than 1 GB, So Download Can Take Great Time)
2.5: Once Flashing Done Look For FFU File in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\<Your RM Version>\<ProductName>.ffu\
2.6:将该文件复制并备份到安全的地方。

3.工程SBL3。
3.1:查找我提供的附件 SBL3 所有 lumia 手机中的 Just a zip!
3.2:下载并解压。
3.3:寻找您手机的 SBL3 并将该文件备份到安全的地方。

4.Lumia 紧急闪存加载器。
4.1:连接手机到电脑。
4.2:打开WindowsPhone Internals。
4.3:当它检测到您的手机时,它会显示您手机的一些信息(在一般信息选项卡下)
4.4:注意屏幕截图中显示的品牌/型号和产品代码。
wkk9oy.png

4.5:转到http://www.lumiafirmware.com/并单击您的手机兼容选项卡。喜欢我的 Lumia 625 RM-941。
4.6:它会给你很多代码选择一个与你在windows phone内部找到的产品代码完全匹配的代码。
4.7:下载Hex/bin文件并备份。

真正的说明,完成

现在是解锁引导加载程序并启用 root 访问权限的时候了,
确保您拥有所有必要的文件。

1.解锁BootLoader。
1.1:通过数据线将WP连接到PC并运行WindowsPhoneInternals。
1.2:点击手动模式,然后切换到闪光灯模式。
syl65l.png

1.3:点击 Unlock BootLoader 并加载所有资源(FFU、Hex 等)
2qlzi4g.png

1.4:单击继续并等待直到它在启用 sbl3 的情况下解锁您的引导加载程序。
1.5:等待成功消息并且您的引导加载程序已解锁。

2.启用root权限
2.1:转到根访问选项卡。
2.2:如果您在启动过程中选择了 sbl3,则只需单击直接在电话部分启用 Root 访问中的解锁电话按钮。
2.3:完成现在享受。

第 2 部分:闪烁自定义 Rom
要闪存自定义 Rom,请为您的手机获取一个并按照此步骤操作,但请先解锁引导加载程序才能安装自定义 Rom。

安装自定义 ROM:
1.转到windows phone internals的Flash部分。
2.它会把你的Wp重启到Flash Mode然后让你选择Rom就选择它
3.点击按钮,让它闪烁(大约需要 25 分钟)。
4.它将重新启动并享受您的自定义Rom。 :)

修复变砖的 lumia

万一你的设备变砖了:( ,你可以关注我的新帖子,它也许可以帮助你。

采取本文中给出的步骤 尝试解决大多数变砖的 Lumia 设备。
thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Is a Written Tutorial On Unlocking Lumia Bootloader and flashing Custom Rom.

While This is Just a Written Tutorial Of using windows phone internals I am Just Providing Its Tutorial.
    All Work Is Done By HealthCliff,
    He Is Owner And Creator Of WindowsPhoneInternals.

Features Of Unlocking BootLoader,
    1.Enable of root access.
    2.Installing Any Custom Rom.
    3.Customising Phone.
    4.Access Of System Files.
    5.Interop Unlock (Deploy Unlimited xap,appx)
    6.A way for HomeBrew Apps.

Warning:This tool may cause irrevocable damage and/or data loss when applied to any target device. As such please ensure that you fully comprehend and accept the Disclaimer and warnings before proceeding any further.
    Means That This Can Really Brick Your Lovely Wp Device, The Developer (HealthCliff) Or anyone is not responsible For any Damage caused to your Phone. You are all responsible for every action You take.

Supported Phones:
    Lumia 520, 521, 525, 620, 625, 720, 820, 920, 925, 928, 1020 and 1320 are supported. These bootloaders can be unlocked.

Supported OS:

Requirements,
    1.WindowsPhoneInternals -Get It > here.
    2.Windows Device Recovery Tool - Get It > here
    3.SBL3(Optional But Required) - In attachment
    4.Compatible FFU Image For Your Phone.(You Can Get It with Windows Device Recovery Tool or WDRT.)
    5.Drivers(Installed With WDRT).
    6.Lumia Emergency Flash Loaders - You will Get It from here.

The Tools And Resources At No. 3,4,6 Differ From Phone to Phone So i WIll Tell You How To Get This All.

Preparation:

1.Installing Windows Device Recovery tool:
    1.1: Download Tool(Link in Requirement Area).
    1.2: Install It.
    1.3: Wait Until It Download And Install All Required Drivers.

2.Obtaining A FFU Image.
    2.1: Connect WindowsPhone To Pc via USB cable(Data Cable).
    2.2: Run Windows Device Recovery Tool And Select Your Phone.
    2.3: Click On Reinstall/Install Software Button.
    2.4: Let It To Download And Flash Your Lumia.(Note: FFU Images Are Greater Than 1 GB, So Download Can Take Great Time)
    2.5: Once Flashing Done Look For FFU File in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Packages\Products\<Your RM Version>\<ProductName>.ffu\
    2.6: Copy And Backup That File To a Safe Place.

3.Engineering SBL3.
    3.1: Look For Attachment I Have Provided SBL3 Of all lumia phones in Just a zip!!
    3.2: Download And Extract It.
    3.3: Look For Your Phone's SBL3 And Backup That file to a safe place.

4.Lumia Emergency Flash Loaders.
    4.1: Connect Phone To PC.
    4.2: Open WindowsPhone Internals.
    4.3: When It Will Detect Your Phone It Will Show Some Information Of Your Phone (Under General Info Tab)
    4.4: Note Its Brand/Model And Product Code As SHown In ScreenShot.
    wkk9oy.png

4.5 :Go to http://www.lumiafirmware.com/ and Click on Your Phone Compatible Tab. Like For me Its Lumia 625 RM-941.
    4.6: It will Give you many Codes Select One That is exactly matched with your Product Code Found with windows phone internal.
    4.7: Download Hex/bin File And Backup It.

Real Instructions,Finishing Up

Now its time to unlock your boot loader and Enable root access,
    Make Sure You Got All Necessary Files.

1.Unlocking BootLoader.
    1.1: Connect WP to PC via Data Cable and Run WindowsPhoneInternals.
    1.2: Tap On Manual mode then Switch to Flash Mode.
    syl65l.png

1.3: Click On Unlock BootLoader And Load All Your Resource(FFU,Hex,etc)
    2qlzi4g.png

1.4: Click On continue And Wait Till It Unlock Your Bootloader with sbl3 enabled.
    1.5: Wait For Success Message And Your Bootloader is Unlocked.

2.Enable Root Access
    2.1: Go To Root Acces Tab.
    2.2: If You Have Selected sbl3 in Booting Process Then Just Click on Unlock Phone Button in Enable Root Access directly on phone section.
    2.3: Done Now enjoy.

Part 2:Flashing Custom Rom
    To Flash custom Rom get one for your phone and follow this procedure but please you need to unlock bootloader first in order to install custom Rom.

Installing Custom ROM:
    1.Go to Flash section of windows phone internals.
    2.It will reboot you Wp to Flash Mode and ask you to select Rom just select it
    3.Hit the button and allow it to Flash (takes almost 25min).
    4.It will reboot and enjoy your custom Rom. :)

Fixing Bricked lumia

In Case if you bricked your device :( you can just follow my new post it maybe can help you.

Take steps given in this article to try to solve most bricked lumia device.
    Can anyone provide an alternate link to WP Internals website? wpinternals.net seems to be down atm.

Try the telegram grup lumiawoa and search for wpinternals2..9.

Thank you

regards