Search This thread

kusti420

I hope you already know how to flash GSI on devices with dyamic partition already. If not then you can follow this guide: https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-flas...ynamic-super-partition.4256667/#post-85271987

If youre on stock before flashing GSI then dont "fastboot delete-logical-partition product" like other tutorials may suggest. Just flash the product image (fastboot flash product [insert img here]) attached below and it will get resized automatically as well, giving you plenty of space to flash your GSI.

If youve already flashed GSI before following this guide and have done "fastboot delete-logical-partition product" then just create product partition (fastboot create-logical-partition product [size]) and flash the img on product.

whichever course youve taken you can now flash magisk through twrp or patch the boot img and flash that.

Please note that this product image wasnt made by me and the credit for it goes to: @Allexwin50

tested on infinix zero 8 X687

Attachments

• product_gsi.img
    328 KB · Views: 7,696
Last edited:

shjeanpy

May 2, 2011
Thanks for the tutorial, I will give it a try but have one question: you said to" create product partition and give size " I don't understand about size!

Reactions: darkfloid6

nickelnine

Sep 24, 2013
HTC One (M8)
LG G5
Thanks a lot for putting this together. I was stuck for a day and a half trying to figure out how to flash Magisk with no product partition. Great work.

3mel

Aug 23, 2012
London
@kusti420 if I've flashed a GSI on to stock (apart from flashing vbmeta and TWRP) can I fastboot flash that product.img and then successfully TWRP flash magisk or patch with app (using Phh SU temporarily for root) ? is that enough ?

EDIT 1: thought I'd just see for myself, flashed the product_gsi.img and my phone (S20FE 5G) still booted. tried flashing magisk 21.4 zip from TWRP and got a bootloop. will check later if I can patch my boot.img and post.

Last edited:

felipecassiors

Oct 24, 2016
Hey, where did you take this product_gsi.img? I think it does not work with Android 12, I wonder if it can be updated or something like that.

K1569GHENT

Aug 2, 2017
Right, so what to do after installing the GSI like this. How to install Magisk? I don't have TWRP. Do I have to "securize" first? Help.

ninjasinabag

May 28, 2013
Philadelphia
Right, so what to do after installing the GSI like this. How to install Magisk? I don't have TWRP. Do I have to "securize" first? Help.
Obtain a stock copy of your boot.img.
Patch it through the magisk app before you do your whole thing installing your chosen gsi.

Once you have the patched image, you can fastboot it using fastboot flash boot boot.img in cmd onto your gsi ROM.

Make sure to install the boot.img to both slots A and B. Then go back to your active slot.

kusti420

Obtain a stock copy of your boot.img.
Patch it through the magisk app before you do your whole thing installing your chosen gsi.

Once you have the patched image, you can fastboot it using fastboot flash boot boot.img in cmd onto your gsi ROM.

Make sure to install the boot.img to both slots A and B. Then go back to your active slot.
he talked about removing phh-superuser

Reactions: ninjasinabag

edufpaz

Aug 15, 2017
Rio Grande
Redmi Note 8
I hope you already know how to flash GSI on devices with dyamic partition already. If not then you can follow this guide: https://xdaforums.com/t/how-to-flas...ynamic-super-partition.4256667/#post-85271987

If youre on stock before flashing GSI then dont "fastboot delete-logical-partition product" like other tutorials may suggest. Just flash the product image (fastboot flash product [insert img here]) attached below and it will get resized automatically as well, giving you plenty of space to flash your GSI.

If youve already flashed GSI before following this guide and have done "fastboot delete-logical-partition product" then just create product partition (fastboot create-logical-partition product [size]) and flash the img on product.

whichever course youve taken you can now flash magisk through twrp or patch the boot img and flash that.

Please note that this product image wasnt made by me and the credit for it goes to: @Allexwin50
Hello kusti420

I had already deleted the product partition when I found your post.
The GSI was not cool.
I reflash the product partition and reflash the GSI, now it's good.
Thanks for the file and the tip.

Reactions: kusti420

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

tested on infinix zero 8 X687
    Thanks a lot for putting this together. I was stuck for a day and a half trying to figure out how to flash Magisk with no product partition. Great work.
    and i was stuck for multiple months...
    Thanks for the tutorial, I will give it a try but have one question: you said to" create product partition and give size " I don't understand about size!
    when you create partition you also need to specify its size, just add some number
    What size would you advise me please
    What size would you advise me please
    idk, i used 400000000