( Tutorial ) Make run your apps that are not updated to Lollipop or Kitkat with ART

Search This thread

yhazarus

Oct 27, 2011
Salamanca-Spain-Europe
I want to share this tutorial for all those of you are annoyed because any game or app on Lollipop or Kitkat with ART activated not works , to the fact some even they are not posiblle to be installed .
First of all make clear that I've tested only with two apps .with Modern Combat 5 on a i9100 ( galaxy s2 international variant) with lollipop ( remix resurrection using 5.2.7 )
and whatsapp + in Art with slimsaber 4.4.4 for art with kitkat is easier. But the procedure should work with other applications , test if this process work with other apps,
I think the way to install lollipop should work with all . Also tell you that you must be root in your terminal.Well I continue explain de process to do this:

-Example 1. Modern Combat 5. It was available for my device actually buy it and I worked on the last stock that came 4.1.2 . So nothing lollipop or installed , and the market did not appear after putting the RR 5.2.7
So examine how the applications were installed in the partition data / app , in this case I noticed as was the Brothers in Arms 3 what I installed an runs perfect amd smoothly on lollipop
with my device , and after that tell you how serious the process ( once you memorized it, can be done quickly ) :

1- got the apk and game data in this case I use the version 1.1.0k the game, extracting it from titaniumbackup

2 - put data file extension .obb in android / obb / game folder (in this case com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM ) , if not create you have to make it so

3 - the apk we duplicate copy it twice to get back , and we will use one of the two copies to put with extension .zip

4 - this copy with .zip extension we open with winrar , es explorer unzsip or similar in the same cell or whatever you want , but that's easier ,
and seek the lib folder, this folder unpack where we please stay with the path where this

5.go that folder to unzip those files and we notice that within lib we armeabi - v7a and x86, like mine is an ARM 'll take this , go in and see the files and libMC5.so libgenerator.so
these have to be copied to a path that will create a root explorer, I'm in the next step :

6.You have to got some browser root (root browser for example ) , installation and use giving root permissions of course
with root explorer let's data / app and create the com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 folder (for we must always know what the data folder of the game, we know of sources
where we got the game or app or the name given to the backup titaniumbackup
( but that if no antics , only basic form, eg com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM or com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftAMHM and always adding -1 ), then as I said we created with root explorer
in data / app the com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 folder and this folder and give the pressed (or mark with v better) permissions on owner : read, write and execute , a group : read and execute ; and others to read and execute
v should be the brand with the entire left column of the right and also entire medium alone box above. Now you also have to change the owner of this folder , pressing ( and choosing ownership )
a system ( 1000 : system in both , owner and group) in the 2 boxes

7 Once done from the root explorer go to the path where we keep extracted lib folder with subfolders armeabi - v7a and x86 both with files
libgenerator.so and libMC5.so , but will copy these two armeabi - v7a the folder ( repeat that in mine case, the other will be the x86) multiple choice or as the root explorer and mark and copy
Now we return to the route data / app / com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 and it will give new folder (or copy those files and then recolocaremos , but better do just as I put ) and create lib folder entered this
and create a subfolder turn the arm so as we would in data / app / com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 and another lib folder within this arm call, enter this arm and paste here
files and libMC5.so libgenerator.so said before .

8.Now we go to root explorer where you leave the game or application .apk here com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM.apk ( why I told you to do apk two copies , one for her in zip and other the original )
We owe this apk copy and turn to data / app / com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 and paste it inside ( outside the lib folder) and rename it in there to base.apk , so we would have :
Route data / app / com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 within which we would have one base.apk and the lib folder in which we would have the folder containing arm turn the libgenerator.so files and libMC5.so

9 - While remember before we gave permissions and change owner to com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 folder , now we must do all that is within it and are as follows :

10 - base.apk - owner permissions : read and write ; group: only read ; others: just read --ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system

-carpeta lib- owner permissions : read, write and execute ; group : read and execute ; others : read and execute - ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system

-carpeta arm- owner permissions : read, write and execute ; group : read and execute ; others : read and execute - ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system

-libgenerator.so and libMC5.so both files like each: owner permissions : read, write and execute ; group : read and execute ; others : read and execute - ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system

11.Now we have the game or app installed but not yet ready to leave our app drawer (and actually work, that also depend on whether apk and data corresponds thereof)
we have to go to the recovery of our rom and wipe the dalvik and cache to optimize it for our system to recognize , also warn that without prior permission even so not to ( so put them well )
expect a little minutes and flies already running, MC5 , which in this case buy the market google play and not work after I started work lollipop in this and a lot more smooth.

-Example 2: I did something similar but easier to solve when trying to install whatsapp apk same or mods that are in 4.4.4 once passed ART execution system , in that case was only move the .apk
to partition data / app and rename your installation name com.whatsapp - 1.apk owner permissions : read and write ; group: only read ; others: just read and --ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system and reboot device
and the same rom without wipe dalvik still optimized app.
Hope you helps.

by Yhazarus ( EDU80 eol )

Last edited:
Reactions: RuffBuster

nirmitlamed

Sep 4, 2012
great guide!

thanks for your time to write this guide, although i think that most people would stay on dalvik if art isn't compatible with their apps.

foxsprout

Feb 19, 2014
@yhazarus Is the name have to be "lib*appname*.so" and "libgenerator.so" ? Because I didn't find those names on Noozxoide Rewire E series when I change the extension of the base.apk to base.zip and opened it.

I find the names are mostly have the extension of '.pmo', while the '.so' file isn't even one of those names. Can you help me, the ART broke this and the developer hasn't respond even to one of our (the ones who got lollipop) complaints.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I want to share this tutorial for all those of you are annoyed because any game or app on Lollipop or Kitkat with ART activated not works , to the fact some even they are not posiblle to be installed .
    First of all make clear that I've tested only with two apps .with Modern Combat 5 on a i9100 ( galaxy s2 international variant) with lollipop ( remix resurrection using 5.2.7 )
    and whatsapp + in Art with slimsaber 4.4.4 for art with kitkat is easier. But the procedure should work with other applications , test if this process work with other apps,
    I think the way to install lollipop should work with all . Also tell you that you must be root in your terminal.Well I continue explain de process to do this:

-Example 1. Modern Combat 5. It was available for my device actually buy it and I worked on the last stock that came 4.1.2 . So nothing lollipop or installed , and the market did not appear after putting the RR 5.2.7
    So examine how the applications were installed in the partition data / app , in this case I noticed as was the Brothers in Arms 3 what I installed an runs perfect amd smoothly on lollipop
    with my device , and after that tell you how serious the process ( once you memorized it, can be done quickly ) :

1- got the apk and game data in this case I use the version 1.1.0k the game, extracting it from titaniumbackup

2 - put data file extension .obb in android / obb / game folder (in this case com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM ) , if not create you have to make it so

3 - the apk we duplicate copy it twice to get back , and we will use one of the two copies to put with extension .zip

4 - this copy with .zip extension we open with winrar , es explorer unzsip or similar in the same cell or whatever you want , but that's easier ,
    and seek the lib folder, this folder unpack where we please stay with the path where this

5.go that folder to unzip those files and we notice that within lib we armeabi - v7a and x86, like mine is an ARM 'll take this , go in and see the files and libMC5.so libgenerator.so
    these have to be copied to a path that will create a root explorer, I'm in the next step :

6.You have to got some browser root (root browser for example ) , installation and use giving root permissions of course
    with root explorer let's data / app and create the com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 folder (for we must always know what the data folder of the game, we know of sources
    where we got the game or app or the name given to the backup titaniumbackup
    ( but that if no antics , only basic form, eg com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM or com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftAMHM and always adding -1 ), then as I said we created with root explorer
    in data / app the com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 folder and this folder and give the pressed (or mark with v better) permissions on owner : read, write and execute , a group : read and execute ; and others to read and execute
    v should be the brand with the entire left column of the right and also entire medium alone box above. Now you also have to change the owner of this folder , pressing ( and choosing ownership )
    a system ( 1000 : system in both , owner and group) in the 2 boxes

7 Once done from the root explorer go to the path where we keep extracted lib folder with subfolders armeabi - v7a and x86 both with files
    libgenerator.so and libMC5.so , but will copy these two armeabi - v7a the folder ( repeat that in mine case, the other will be the x86) multiple choice or as the root explorer and mark and copy
    Now we return to the route data / app / com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 and it will give new folder (or copy those files and then recolocaremos , but better do just as I put ) and create lib folder entered this
    and create a subfolder turn the arm so as we would in data / app / com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 and another lib folder within this arm call, enter this arm and paste here
    files and libMC5.so libgenerator.so said before .

8.Now we go to root explorer where you leave the game or application .apk here com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM.apk ( why I told you to do apk two copies , one for her in zip and other the original )
    We owe this apk copy and turn to data / app / com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 and paste it inside ( outside the lib folder) and rename it in there to base.apk , so we would have :
    Route data / app / com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 within which we would have one base.apk and the lib folder in which we would have the folder containing arm turn the libgenerator.so files and libMC5.so

9 - While remember before we gave permissions and change owner to com.gameloft.android.ANMP.GloftM5HM -1 folder , now we must do all that is within it and are as follows :

10 - base.apk - owner permissions : read and write ; group: only read ; others: just read --ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system

-carpeta lib- owner permissions : read, write and execute ; group : read and execute ; others : read and execute - ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system

-carpeta arm- owner permissions : read, write and execute ; group : read and execute ; others : read and execute - ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system

-libgenerator.so and libMC5.so both files like each: owner permissions : read, write and execute ; group : read and execute ; others : read and execute - ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system

11.Now we have the game or app installed but not yet ready to leave our app drawer (and actually work, that also depend on whether apk and data corresponds thereof)
    we have to go to the recovery of our rom and wipe the dalvik and cache to optimize it for our system to recognize , also warn that without prior permission even so not to ( so put them well )
    expect a little minutes and flies already running, MC5 , which in this case buy the market google play and not work after I started work lollipop in this and a lot more smooth.

-Example 2: I did something similar but easier to solve when trying to install whatsapp apk same or mods that are in 4.4.4 once passed ART execution system , in that case was only move the .apk
    to partition data / app and rename your installation name com.whatsapp - 1.apk owner permissions : read and write ; group: only read ; others: just read and --ownership : owner : 1000 : system ; group: 1000 : system and reboot device
    and the same rom without wipe dalvik still optimized app.
    Hope you helps.

by Yhazarus ( EDU80 eol )