[Tutorial] [MIUI] How to remove ads in Redmi Note 5/Pro(WHYRED)

Search This thread

SunilSuni

Jul 5, 2017
Bengaluru
Hi friends,

As you all know xiaomi displays ads in download app file manager and sometimes in settings, but there is an option to disable these ads and i have tested this in MIUI10 and i hope it will work for everyone just follow these steps.

1. Goto settings >> Additional settings >> Privacy >> Ad services and disable Personalized recommendations
2. Now from privacy settings select Authorization & revocation>> revoke authorization for msa and security we need data connection to disable these options, sometimes it may fail but try again it will work
3. Now open Download app >> click on three dots and select Settings >>Now disable Show recommended content
4. Now open File manager >> select Settings option >> Click on About and disable Recommendations
5. Open security app >>app will gives popup message to grant authorization just click on Exit >>Select Settings and disable Receive recommendations
6. Open Music app >> Settings >> Advanced settings >> disable Receive recommendations
7. security>>settings>> cleaner>>turn off receive recommendation
8. mi video >>settings>>turn off online recommendation
9. mi browser >> settings>> privacy and security>> turn off receive recommendation
10. mi browser >> settings >> advanced >> top sites>> turn off recommendation

I will try to explore more application, if you found any app that has recommendation option comment here and disable that option to get rid of ads, this is common settings to all xiaomi phones

Last edited:

sanyamheman

Jul 27, 2016
Even shows ads after disabling the above tips

I am miui user for a different model mi max 32, ads are still stubborn for the UI . Is there any apps that blocks away the entire system .?

Hi friends,

As you all know xiaomi displays ads in download app file manager and sometimes in settings, but there is an option to disable these ads and i have tested this in MIUI10 and i hope it will work for everyone just follow these steps.

1. Goto settings >> Additional settings >> Privacy >> Ad services and disable Personalized recommendations
2. Now from privacy settings select Authorization & revocation>> revoke authorization for msa and security we need data connection to disable these options, sometimes it may fail but try again it will work
3. Now open Download app >> click on three dots and select Settings >>Now disable Show recommended content
4. Now open File manager >> select Settings option >> Click on About and disable Recommendations
5. Open security app >>app will gives popup message to grant authorization just click on Exit >>Select Settings and disable Receive recommendations
6. Open Music app >> Settings >> Advanced settings >> disable Receive recommendations
9. mi browser >> settings>> privacy and security>> turn off receive recommendation

I will try to explore more application, if you found any app that has recommendation option comment here and disable that option to get rid of ads, this is common settings to all xiaomi phones

Reactions: libinkthankachan

Desmanto

Apr 2, 2014
Xiaomi Mi 10T / 10T Pro
Some suggest changing region, but it is a no go for most users, so it is not a solution either. Toggling off msa or revoke authorization only disable the ads when using mobile data. When using wifi, it will still show up (can't disable wifi access for msa). You have to uninstall it via adb (no root required).

Code:
adb shell
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.msa.global

There will be "Success" to indicate successfully uninstalled. No harm to the system, it will make the msa powerless until the next time you factory reset (you have to do this again if you reset). After uninstalled, no fullscreen ads anymore in every MIUI app.

Tested this already on RN5 whyred MIUI 10.0.2.0, and will work for any xiaomi devices with that msa exist. Packagename may vary in older version, some still use com.miui.msa (no .global). I have a full post in kaskus regarding this.

Crescendo Xenomorph

Feb 11, 2009
Garden of Time
Hi friends
Also if you wanna block ads in the App Vault & File Manager completely, you can import this in the AdGuard user filter:

Code:
||ad.mi.com^
||ad.xiaomi.com^
||ad1.xiaomi.com^
||encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com^
@@||sec.miui.com^
@@||data.mistat.xiaomi.com^
@@||security.xiaomi.com^

the last 3 are whitelisted coz if you block it, the CPU usage of certain Mi apps will be high and stays high, like Mi Fit.
but those 3 are not ads domain.

the ads in Browser & Mi Music (china ver) can't be blocked, still can't find the domain of where it originated from.

The4anoni

Sep 25, 2015
Hi friends,

First you need to do hard reset and set your region as Poland and disable ads personalization in first time setup (it is very important to do this after hard reset in first time setup ,and after that don't change region!). After that you already blocked all ads :) Of course you can do these steps ,but these are optional

Also you can try my Windows script for removing bloatware ;)
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=3879739

Last edited:
Reactions: gates29

Vivek Kantesaria

Apr 11, 2015
India
Also if you wanna block ads in the App Vault & File Manager completely, you can import this in the AdGuard user filter:

the last 3 are whitelisted coz if you block it, the CPU usage of certain Mi apps will be high and stays high, like Mi Fit.

the ads in Browser & Mi Music (china ver) can't be blocked, still can't find the domain of where it originated from.
Please can you give file so we can just import it..

IODroids

Sep 30, 2014
agra
Ültra Bloddy heck anyone supporting this device, should give a definite answer.

#REDMI support people on official forums are USELESS.

People posted answers to propect PATHETIC CHINESE Üncommon CRAP

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 PM ----------

xda ? getting into same ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends,

Some suggest changing region, but it is a no go for most users, so it is not a solution either. Toggling off msa or revoke authorization only disable the ads when using mobile data. When using wifi, it will still show up (can't disable wifi access for msa). You have to uninstall it via adb (no root required).

Code:
    adb shell
    pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.miui.msa.global

There will be "Success" to indicate successfully uninstalled. No harm to the system, it will make the msa powerless until the next time you factory reset (you have to do this again if you reset). After uninstalled, no fullscreen ads anymore in every MIUI app.

Tested this already on RN5 whyred MIUI 10.0.2.0, and will work for any xiaomi devices with that msa exist. Packagename may vary in older version, some still use com.miui.msa (no .global). I have a full post in kaskus regarding this.
    Sory for being so newbie, but can you explain how to block data on msa app since i didn't see it on instaled app list
    Data usage>Restrict data usage>then press the 3 dot menu >Background connection>then toggle off MSA
    Hi friends

Code:
    ||ad.mi.com^
    ||ad.xiaomi.com^
    ||ad1.xiaomi.com^
    ||encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com^
    @@||sec.miui.com^
    @@||data.mistat.xiaomi.com^
    @@||security.xiaomi.com^

I use the Blokada app, all syncs and downloads still work and it blocks all ads without any problem.