• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[TUTORIAL][MOD][CSC] Install Verizon CSC on Galaxy Note FE N935F/DS to Enable VoLTE

Search This thread

hhspiny

Oct 13, 2008
Turns out to be extremely simple.

Need N935F/DS, rooted with TWRP. also need verizon sim card already activated and provisioned for VoLTE on other official verizon phone. My unit has stock CSC XME
use any root explorer, rename /system/csc/customer.xml to customer.xml.bak then copy the customer.xml attached here to /system/csc/customer.xml. reboot. then you should get both LTE and VoLTE on verizon.
The customer.xml was taken from S8 galaxy verizon CSC.

I would think it would also work with other carriers but I only tested verizon sim.
Note: so, I don't believe wifi calling would work for verizon or other carrier. looks through actual verizon/t-mobile/att csc files, some of the apks for wifi calling is still missing from stock rom.

I have also figured out how to flash S8 Galaxy CSC into N935F. need to use modified updater-script and csc_script.sh in the zip file to reflect the right model name (N935 not G935) (these two scripts are attached too). when flashing, use XAA CSC instead of VZW CSC. then manually copy /system/omc/vzw/customer.xml to /system/omc/XAA/customer.xml. it also works. However, this way, the phone dialer lost support for dual sim, and I am not sure if there are other potential problem hidden.

Attachments

• customer.xml
    13.4 KB · Views: 287
  • galaxy_note_fe.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
Reactions: av911

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Turns out to be extremely simple.

Need N935F/DS, rooted with TWRP. also need verizon sim card already activated and provisioned for VoLTE on other official verizon phone. My unit has stock CSC XME
    use any root explorer, rename /system/csc/customer.xml to customer.xml.bak then copy the customer.xml attached here to /system/csc/customer.xml. reboot. then you should get both LTE and VoLTE on verizon.
    The customer.xml was taken from S8 galaxy verizon CSC.

I would think it would also work with other carriers but I only tested verizon sim.
    Note: so, I don't believe wifi calling would work for verizon or other carrier. looks through actual verizon/t-mobile/att csc files, some of the apks for wifi calling is still missing from stock rom.

I have also figured out how to flash S8 Galaxy CSC into N935F. need to use modified updater-script and csc_script.sh in the zip file to reflect the right model name (N935 not G935) (these two scripts are attached too). when flashing, use XAA CSC instead of VZW CSC. then manually copy /system/omc/vzw/customer.xml to /system/omc/XAA/customer.xml. it also works. However, this way, the phone dialer lost support for dual sim, and I am not sure if there are other potential problem hidden.