[Tutorial][NICS Themer] Create Your Own Themed apk & Become a Themer - 06.10.13

Albhorockz

Aug 1, 2013
ya you are right .. two day before in xda .. only stated with post xposed framework has backported to GB.. On with that doubt i have asked. but hopefully you have replied.

This is the post link
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/xposed-backported-to-gingerbread/

I am eagerly waiting for the xtheme engine..

No because XTheme engine & Xposed framework doesn't support GB, but I read somewhere that Xposed has been back ported to GB, so yes you can expect this very soon if Xtheme engine is also ported

monkeytools

May 17, 2012
chesapeake
A big thanks to saqib nazm. I would like to point something out. after trying for hours to get the base.apk to recompile after I made the mods. I finally got it. here is the problem I ran into. the redirections.xml has a problem in it from the base.apk. now I don't know if it is when it gets decompiled or something else. but I was having the same problem as dywerd. so I finally pulled the one from Green_Hulk.apk edited it. then I recompiled and know I have a working apk theme. if you look at my pic I have the line under lined that lead me to my conclusion. hope this helps any one that is having problems compiling the base.apk. again a huge thanks.

Attachments

Saqib Nazm

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Them
Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
A big thanks to saqib nazm. I would like to point something out. after trying for hours to get the base.apk to recompile after I made the mods. I finally got it. here is the problem I ran into. the redirections.xml has a problem in it from the base.apk. now I don't know if it is when it gets decompiled or something else. but I was having the same problem as dywerd. so I finally pulled the one from Green_Hulk.apk edited it. then I recompiled and know I have a working apk theme. if you look at my pic I have the line under lined that lead me to my conclusion. hope this helps any one that is having problems compiling the base.apk. again a huge thanks.
Yeah thanks to you that you solved it yourself :) actually without ending the line I couldn't compile the base.apk. But now I updated that in guide to remove that / from line number 3.

So, whoever had problem earlier to recompile the base.apk please take a look at the guide "redirections.xml" part.

Reactions: dywerd

dywerd

Jul 8, 2012
Bátonyterenye/Kisterenye
Thanks for your help!:)
I finally made it! :victory: My first theme finished and installed and it's work! :D:victory: ...but not exactly is that I want to, so I have to to modify.:eek: But no problem, I like to do that!!!:victory: :fingers-crossed: :D

Last edited:

Saqib Nazm

Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
Thanks for your help!:)
I finally made it! :victory: My first theme finished and installed and it's work! :D:victory: ...but not exactly is that I want to, so I have to to modify.:eek: But no problem, I like to do that!!!:victory: :fingers-crossed: :D
Great :good: It feels good to make a theme of own right! :p

Reactions: dywerd

.c0dy

Jul 3, 2011
Lingen
Hey saqib :)

Thanks for this awesome guide. I've been using VTS for a long time now :) It's awesome.

I'm just having an "issue". I'm now looking for a long time how to change the color of the lines.

Isnt this a .9.png?

Saqib Nazm

Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
Hey saqib :)
Thanks for this awesome guide. I've been using VTS for a long time now :) It's awesome.
I'm just having an "issue". I'm now looking for a long time how to change the color of the lines.
Isnt this a .9.png?
Yes It is a .9 png, on my framework it is named as list_section_divider.9.png in your case it can be different or even it may not be available

Reactions: .c0dy

SilverMist1

Jan 8, 2011
istanbul
Yes It is a .9 png, on my framework it is named as list_section_divider.9.png in your case it can be different or even it may not be available
first of all thanks it is a wonderful guide.
and i want to ask you something, i am trying to change the color of the pop up menus like the one that pops up when you hold the power button with the options of shut down and reboot. or the menu that pops up when you press menu button. but i couldnt find how. can you help me? by the way i am using cm 10.2

iONEx

Feb 13, 2012
Dubrovnik
goo.gl
first of all thanks it is a wonderful guide.
and i want to ask you something, i am trying to change the color of the pop up menus like the one that pops up when you hold the power button with the options of shut down and reboot. or the menu that pops up when you press menu button. but i couldnt find how. can you help me? by the way i am using cm 10.2
Try some of these:

popup_center_bright.9.png
popup_center_dark.9.png
popup_center_medium.9.png
popup_full_bright.9.png
popup_full_dark.9.png
popup_top_dark.9.png
ab_stacked_solid_dark_holo.9.png
ab_stacked_solid_inverse_holo.9.png
ab_stacked_solid_light_holo.9.png
ab_stacked_transparent_dark_holo.9.png
ab_stacked_transparent_light_holo.9.png
ab_transparent_dark_holo.9.png
ab_transparent_light_holo.9.png
dialog_bottom_holo_dark.9.png
dialog_bottom_holo_light.9.png
dialog_full_holo_dark.9.png
dialog_full_holo_light.9.png
dialog_middle_holo.9.png
dialog_middle_holo_dark.9.png
dialog_top_holo_dark.9.png
dialog_top_holo_light.9.png
menu_dropdown_panel_holo_dark.9.png
menu_dropdown_panel_holo_light.9.png
menu_hardkey_panel_holo_dark.9.png
menu_hardkey_panel_holo_light.9.png
menu_submenu_background.9.png
panel_background.9.png
popup_bottom_bright.9.png
popup_bottom_dark.9.png
popup_bottom_medium.9.png

Those are not all pngz, but it'll get you on your way.

Also check this link: http://uot.dakra.lt/

SilverMist1

Jan 8, 2011
istanbul
Try some of these:

popup_center_bright.9.png
popup_center_dark.9.png
popup_center_medium.9.png
popup_full_bright.9.png
popup_full_dark.9.png
popup_top_dark.9.png
ab_stacked_solid_dark_holo.9.png
ab_stacked_solid_inverse_holo.9.png
ab_stacked_solid_light_holo.9.png
ab_stacked_transparent_dark_holo.9.png
ab_stacked_transparent_light_holo.9.png
ab_transparent_dark_holo.9.png
ab_transparent_light_holo.9.png
dialog_bottom_holo_dark.9.png
dialog_bottom_holo_light.9.png
dialog_full_holo_dark.9.png
dialog_full_holo_light.9.png
dialog_middle_holo.9.png
dialog_middle_holo_dark.9.png
dialog_top_holo_dark.9.png
dialog_top_holo_light.9.png
menu_dropdown_panel_holo_dark.9.png
menu_dropdown_panel_holo_light.9.png
menu_hardkey_panel_holo_dark.9.png
menu_hardkey_panel_holo_light.9.png
menu_submenu_background.9.png
panel_background.9.png
popup_bottom_bright.9.png
popup_bottom_dark.9.png
popup_bottom_medium.9.png

Those are not all pngz, but it'll get you on your way.

Also check this link: http://uot.dakra.lt/
i am using my xthemes theme side by side with a cm theme. the only thing with my setup is i cant change the popup and dialog menus i think because they have already been themed by the cm theme. is there anyway to bypass this? the cm theme i am using is this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...usHoloKitLight . i am trying to make popup and dialog menus white.

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
i am using my xthemes theme side by side with a cm theme. the only thing with my setup is i cant change the popup and dialog menus i think because they have already been themed by the cm theme. is there anyway to bypass this? the cm theme i am using is this https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...usHoloKitLight . i am trying to make popup and dialog menus white.
Wait for people to reply mate...!
Decompiling the main Cm theme and removing dialogue and pop up declarations from xml/android.xml should do
And also deleting those particular png's

SilverMist1

Jan 8, 2011
istanbul
Wait for people to reply mate...!
Decompiling the main Cm theme and removing dialogue and pop up declarations from xml/android.xml should do
And also deleting those particular png's
i cannot decompile the theme i think it is protected somehow. i can decompile every other apk but not that theme. when i try to decompile i get an error like this:

I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\8incicuce\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Regular manifest package...
I: Decoding file-resources...
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=bitmap, value=0x02020a23
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=hotSpotX, value=0x41400000
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=hotSpotY, value=0x41400000
I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x01060080
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPackage.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:58)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:54)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.getReferent(ResReferenceValue.java:62)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.encodeAsResXml(ResReferenceValue.java:46)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlValueExt(ResScalarValue.java:86)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlValue(ResScalarValue.java:55)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResStyleValue.serializeToResValuesXml(ResStyleValue.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.generateValuesFile(AndrolibResources.java:440)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(AndrolibResources.java:243)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androlib.java:115)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:114)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:146)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:77)

awaaas

Jun 25, 2010
Pasuruan
Hi,
Tried your tutorial, it was nice :D

But I face a strange issue:
I can't change launcher icon for any app

I already defined them, like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resource-redirections>
	<item name="mipmap/ic_launcher_contacts">@mipmap/com_android_contacts_ic_launcher_contacts</item>
	<item name="mipmap/ic_launcher_phone">@mipmap/com_android_contacts_ic_launcher_phone</item>
	<item name="drawable/ic_launcher_calllogs">@drawable/com_android_contacts_ic_launcher_calllogs</item>
</resource-redirections>
But the icons stay the same :rolleyes:

Anything beside that, and the second signal bar (my phone is a dual-sim device), is working as it should :)

any ideas?
I'm using Stock JB 4.2.1 + Xposed framework v2.3.1 + XthemeEngine Beta5

Last edited:

Saqib Nazm

Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
i cannot decompile the theme i think it is protected somehow. i can decompile every other apk but not that theme. when i try to decompile i get an error like this:

I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Decoding AndroidManifest.xml with resources...
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Users\8incicuce\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Regular manifest package...
I: Decoding file-resources...
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=bitmap, value=0x02020a23
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=hotSpotX, value=0x41400000
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=hotSpotY, value=0x41400000
I: Decoding values */* XMLs...
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.err.UndefinedResObject: resource spec: 0x01060080
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResPackage.getResSpec(ResPackage.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:58)
at brut.androlib.res.data.ResTable.getResSpec(ResTable.java:54)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.getReferent(ResReferenceValue.java:62)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResReferenceValue.encodeAsResXml(ResReferenceValue.java:46)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlValueExt(ResScalarValue.java:86)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResScalarValue.encodeAsResXmlValue(ResScalarValue.java:55)
at brut.androlib.res.data.value.ResStyleValue.serializeToResValuesXml(ResStyleValue.java:61)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.generateValuesFile(AndrolibResources.java:440)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(AndrolibResources.java:243)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androlib.java:115)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:114)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:146)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:77)
look if you have java installed correctly & also install a proper framework 1st or try with other framerworks

Hi,
Tried your tutorial, it was nice :D

But I face a strange issue:
I can't change launcher icon for any app

I already defined them, like this:
Code:
<resource-redirections>
	<item name="mipmap/ic_launcher_contacts">@mipmap/com_android_contacts_ic_launcher_contacts</item>
	<item name="mipmap/ic_launcher_phone">@mipmap/com_android_contacts_ic_launcher_phone</item>
	<item name="drawable/ic_launcher_calllogs">@drawable/com_android_contacts_ic_launcher_calllogs</item>
</resource-redirections>
But the icons stay the same :rolleyes:

Anything beside that, and the second signal bar (my phone is a dual-sim device), is working as it should :)

any ideas?
I'm using Stock JB 4.2.1 + Xposed framework v2.3.1 + XthemeEngine Beta5
say you want to modify browser icon, 1st place a modified png in mipmap-hdpi/mipmap-mdpi according to your device naming com_android_browser_ic_launcher_browser.png
open a new xml in xml folder
Code:
<resource-redirections>
    <item name="mipmap/ic_launcher_browser">@mipmap/[COLOR="Red"]com_android_browser_ic_launcher_browser[/COLOR]</item>
</resource-redirections>
redirect it in redirections.xml
Code:
    <package-redirections android:name="com.android.browser" android:resource="@xml/com_android_browser" android:minSdkVersion="16" />
done (red colored texts should be same)