Pasuruan
Already done that, the launcher icons are not changing -_-
All other icons changed, but not launcher icons

Check out my source at github here

Last edited:

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
claytonjamesphotography.webs.com
I posted in the XThemeEngine thread, but this may be a more appropriate place to post this question.

There's a couple specific redirections I'm having trouble with on the theme I'm making for my S4 with TouchWiz. I'm trying to make the status bar icons actual white, rather than the dimmed default color.

In SystemUI in res/values/dimens status_bar_icon_drawing_alpha is 100.0% by default (when I made a CM theme for my Galaxy Nexus it wasn't 100.0% by default and I was able to redirect it to 100.0% to make the icons fully white.) so that isn't the issue.

I also see notification_icon_area_alpha and system_icon_area_alpha in res/values/dimens which are 0.8. I don't remember seeing those in the SystemUI from my Galaxy Nexus, and from the name I'm pretty sure those need to be changed to 1.0 or 100.0%. The problem is, when I add a redirection for those two items SystemUI constantly FCs, even when it's redirecting to the default 0.8 value.

Can anyone give me any hints as to why those particular redirections are causing the SystemUI to FC constantly? I've attached my com_android_systemui.xml and dimens.xml for reference. The lines in com_android_systemui.xml that are commented out are the ones causing the FCs.

I also have a logcat of the FCs here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LdpmUr7HYmM0VWWnFNUnRsNDg/edit?usp=sharing but I think there are some errors in there from other Xposed modules so I'll try to get another later today with all other modules disabled.

Thanks!

EDIT: I uploaded a bunch of stuff here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2LdpmUr7HYmUm5oWERNUVFpckk&usp=sharing

There's the old logcat and a new one with no other modules or anything installed. There's also two apks and two zip folders. The zip folders are the entire contents of my project folder, so everything that gets compiled into the apk. The no FC zip folder and apk have those three lines commented out, so basically they aren't included in the apk. The only difference in the FC zip folder and apk is that I removed the comment tags from the three lines causing the FCs before compiling the apk.

Attachments

Last edited:

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
Also, does anyone happen to know why my theme installs fine on my Galaxy S4 with 4.3 but not my Galaxy Note 10.1 with 4.1.2? I checked all minSdkVersions in the XMLs and they're all 16 which should be 4.1+. On the tablet it shows the install dialog then says Application not installed. Is there a resolution check or something I need to change?

Thanks!

Saqib Nazm

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive Recognized Them
Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
@JamMasterClay 1st of all, you cannot edit/modify any xml with X-Theme Engine, only pngs
"Application not installed" usually happens because you may have any a fault in redirections in any xmls, also keep another thing in mind, do not change anything not even normal pngs from the apk with winzip/7zip, always decpompile & make changes. That could be a reason for not working application

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
@JamMasterClay 1st of all, you cannot edit/modify any xml with X-Theme Engine, only pngs
"Application not installed" usually happens because you may have any a fault in redirections in any xmls, also keep another thing in mind, do not change anything not even normal pngs from the apk with winzip/7zip, always decpompile & make changes. That could be a reason for not working application
I did not realize that no xmls could be redirected, I thought it was only styles.xml so that may be the problem. Hopefully that will change some day but it seems that development of the XThemeEngine has ceased which is quite unfortunate. I am however compiling the apk and not just replacing the pngs in the apk, so that's not the issue. I'll try with the xml redirections removed and see what happens.

claytonjn

Nov 3, 2011
I removed all of the XML stuff but it still won't install on my tablet? If you have time, could you do me a huge favor and look over my project files and see if you can see something that's preventing installation? I have a feeling it's something in smali which I have absolutely no experience with...

Here's the project files: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LdpmUr7HYmME9xXzVRd1hvRWM/edit?usp=sharing
Here's the compiled APK that installs and works on my S4 but not my Note 10.1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2LdpmUr7HYmQ1lxb3pOM29oTjg/edit?usp=sharing

NOTE: The above files still have some XML redirections and comments but removing those didn't solve the problem so no sense uploading new files.

Thank you for your help, or anyone else who may be able to figure this out!

EDIT: Nevermind! It was a problem with signing the apk in APK MultiTool. I signed it with testkeys and it installs. It's still strange that it worked on my S4 and not my Note 10.1 though.

Last edited:

alvin551

Mar 27, 2012
Swansea

I did not realize that no xmls could be redirected, I thought it was only styles.xml so that may be the problem. Hopefully that will change some day but it seems that development of the XThemeEngine has ceased which is quite unfortunate. I am however compiling the apk and not just replacing the pngs in the apk, so that's not the issue. I'll try with the xml redirections removed and see what happens.
Just a heads up guys you can add modified XML in to xtheme but that xml at only work on certain devices

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Saqib Nazm

Saqib Nazm

Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
Really good tutorial mate +1 But l have some issue when l try to build theme.apk with changes.Here is the log from VTS
This is the main problem
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\Korisnik\AppData\Local\Temp\541AAA\res/drawable_xhpdi
without knowing what you are trying to do I can't assume further what might be the actual problem.
Try Downloading & decompiling my Green_hulk apk and get help from there as it is complete & working apk
If you are making for any base like ICS/JB/KK make sure you have the same base framework files in apktool folder in Documents and Settings as 1.apk, 2.apk

Reactions: Aimbot91

Aimbot91

Aug 7, 2012
Valjevo
This is the main problem
invalid resource directory name: C:\Users\Korisnik\AppData\Local\Temp\541AAA\res/drawable_xhpdi
without knowing what you are trying to do I can't assume further what might be the actual problem.
Try Downloading & decompiling my Green_hulk apk and get help from there as it is complete & working apk
If you are making for any base like ICS/JB/KK make sure you have the same base framework files in apktool folder in Documents and Settings as 1.apk, 2.apk
ok l will try again.thanks for answer :)

Sent from LG 4X HD using Tapatalk 2

monkeytools

May 17, 2012
chesapeake
hi again.
working on a theme for moto x. I decompiled systemui and went into androidmanifest.xm . there is no android:minSdkVersion. here is what it says manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" "http://schemas.android.com/apk/prv/res/android" android:sharedUserId="android.uid.systemui" coreApp="true" package="com.android.systemui">. do you have any idea how to setup redirections.xml. thanks for any help.

ps moto is running 4.4.2

Last edited:

Saqib Nazm

Oct 3, 2012
Virginia, USA
hi again.
working on a theme for moto x. I decompiled systemui and went into androidmanifest.xm . there is no android:minSdkVersion. here is what it says manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" "http://schemas.android.com/apk/prv/res/android" android:sharedUserId="android.uid.systemui" coreApp="true" package="com.android.systemui">. do you have any idea how to setup redirections.xml. thanks for any help.

ps moto is running 4.4.2
that should be 19 then

neroyoung

Oct 12, 2011
Pusad, MH
hi again.

ps moto is running 4.4.2
Hi,
The AndroidManifest.xml code you sent means that the namespace used in your android system UI app follows given two schemes and it's a core app of kitkat that will be in system/priv-app folder. This modification is by moto to grant SystemUI.apk file admin level permissions. and the shared UID is to let other app work as combined component of SystemUI.apk file as if they are one with SystemUI. Here moto hasn't specified min/max/target sdk version (?) so it is 19 for kitkat.

Thanks that is what I was thinking. Compiled it as 19 but didn't change anything. I'm not sure why yet but may haft something to do with file structure. Systemui isn't in app folder it's in priv-app folder.
If it's still not working then you will have to add sharedUID permission for themer apk and install it in priv-app folder so that it will have WRITE_XXX_XXX type of permission. For more help request [email protected] for more support on Kitkat for themer, he might help you over default runtime environment of kitkat may be .

monkeytools

May 17, 2012
chesapeake
Hi,
The AndroidManifest.xml code you sent means that the namespace used in your android system UI app follows given two schemes and it's a core app of kitkat that will be in system/priv-app folder. This modification is by moto to grant SystemUI.apk file admin level permissions. and the shared UID is to let other app work as combined component of SystemUI.apk file as if they are one with SystemUI. Here moto hasn't specified min/max/target sdk version (?) so it is 19 for kitkat.

If it's still not working then you will have to add sharedUID permission for themer apk and install it in priv-app folder so that it will have WRITE_XXX_XXX type of permission. For more help request [email protected] for more support on Kitkat for themer, he might help you over default runtime environment of kitkat may be .
its strange I did the wifi png and it worked. but the data png will not change. it may be something I am doing. thanks for the help. I am looking more into it. I wish they would pull all the png that are not being used out. they could make the os so much smaller. again thanks