[Tutorial] Null_/FreeFalling Theme/Dr Who Sound,Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16)

Search This thread

panoramixxx

Jul 24, 2008
Kromeriz
torph.txt.cz
Hi, I was unable to install the new stock rom. I am now at the stage (firmware uprage encoutered .... please sellect recovery ....... I read advice on how to restore, but the problem is that I can not download a recovery mod. Upon restart, so it is restored to the same information. Do not know what to do?

....resolved

Last edited:

TurboTronix

Jan 20, 2008
Smart Watches
Amazon Fire TV
Hi, I was unable to install the new stock rom. I am now at the stage (firmware uprage encoutered .... please sellect recovery ....... I read advice on how to restore, but the problem is that I can not download a recovery mod. Upon restart, so it is restored to the same information. Do not know what to do?

....resolved

If I have an LG Optimus G, how do I set my location so that I can use the weather widget on the phone? I can't get the weather widget to work on null_23...

cezso

Jul 28, 2009
hiii ı used gear (null 23) rom and sm900f phoenix 5.0 ... on gear whatsapp message alert sounds, but I can not read just write on screen
came a message from cezso !!!

tannimdragon

Dec 18, 2012
stuck at recovery mode

I got the watch from a friend who tried to update it but it's stuck in the recovery screen of death, when I try to flash using Odin 3.07 or 3.09 with the image V700XXUAMK7_V700OXAAMK7_HOME.tar.md5 it stalls at recovery.img & even after 5-20 minutes never budges. using these on XP computer as it was is available. I'd love to be able to flash to stock or even to the Null any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Edit: I was able to reflash it to the V700XXUCNE9 from http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-V700/BTU/ it was able to kick it out of the screen of death. now it is simply charging to then be able to update to the latest :)

Last edited:

zviki

Dec 30, 2008
Maribor
Is this only for Gear or can I install this on Gear 2 Neo too? Thanks

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Tone Deco

Sep 12, 2013
Leuven
Install of the null rom works perfectly but then the watch it says it needs to pair. The devices find eachother but don't do the pairing... And I can't skip that part? :(

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Anyone Care To Help?

I'm stuck decided to try the latest UK Version of Tizen OS loaded it in Odin 3.09 into the AP Slot pressed started and then damn Odin decided to pop up with a error and close out in Windows, now if I try anything still download mode and reopened Odin 3.07 or 3.09, but it never fully installs I'm in the emergency download kies recovery screen.

Is it possible to install a Odin'ed firmware from here, from what I've learned of the screen/area of recovery, it's the same thing as download mode. I tried the latest Tizen OS again and all it did was sit forever at zImage area of flashing.

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> V700XXUCOA2_V700OXACOA2_HOME.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..

I tried on two PC's and this as far as it gets or what all it does.

What can I do to fix this?

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Heh!! IDK What I'm doing wrong, however it never asked to grant this PC Access, I think cause I already allowed it access once before IDK and no su popup, maybe cause I'm rooted with iROOT via the PC and and so instead of SuperUser I have KingUser
ZpVPjRq.png

So close yet so far away. LoL

Do we do this abd cmd line in the middle of flashing twrp in odin reason why we untick automatic reboot? Or what am I doing wrong I wonder...

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

How do I get into dl mode when it's at the screen of death? Won't let me do anything
Just so ya know for future reference the Screen of Death actually is Download Mode, just with a different face/screen, it's a part of the same exact thing, so if you're in there it's safe to go on ahead with your Odin Process.

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
What happens when you type adb devices into the command prompt?
Well ya can see the very first line in the adb cmd line box was adb devices and it shows I only have the one device connected and added.
_
_
_
Yup this is what happens when I type adb devices:
BBNkMPZ.png

Already have USB Debugging enabled btw and in WonderShare File Explorer I saw no such file or directory that it says to delete..

Last edited by a moderator:

DorkyDev

Aug 22, 2008
Atlanta
Google Pixel 6a
Well ya can see the very first line in the adb cmd line box was adb devices and it shows I only have the one device connected and added.
_
_
_
Yup this is what happens when I type adb devices:
BBNkMPZ.png

Already have USB Debugging enabled btw and in WonderShare File Explorer I saw no such file or directory that it says to delete..
_
_
_
Well idk what I did this last time but twrp is sticking and I'm booting Null_ 23 now... Attempting to Pair it now with my Note Edge and we all know how big of a pain that is.
woot.gif

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Tutorial] Null_/FreeFalling Theme/Dr Who Sound,Boot Theme / & More (Updated Jan 16)

[Tutorial] Null_ TWRP / Null_ ROM / FreeFalling Theme / Dr Who Sound,Boot Theme / & More
    Created by almulder1092 @ xda-developers.com

"Work In Progress, Need to add in Screenshots, And possibly more tutorials - Enjoy"

No Support Via PM - Please stop with the PM. They will now be ignored!

Well after creating my last tutorial, much has changed, wonderful new things have come about. So I thought it was time to create a new tutorial covering the new things.

So after now I have read 1000+ of pages and posts, hopeful this will help cut down on your searches. BUT read the whole tutorial before you ask questions. There are fare to many people that ask questions that are usually covered in the OP (Original Post) of threads. Please be respectful of the Developers Time and not ask dumb questions that have the answer posted.

Things you will need before you continue reading:
    • Ability to understand what you read
    • Time and Patients
    • How to use Google Search
    • Time and Patients
    • A brain
    • Ability be patient with all of us.
    • Give Credit where credit is due
    • Lastly Understand that Nobody is responsible for what you do to your gear, except you. And using the guide below will void your warranty

Now that is covered lets continue.

First get and install Wondershare MobileGo for Andoid this will make life easier. (Google it - Link removed by the request of xda)
    (If your to cheap to get this great software, why did you pay so much for a watch?)

Alternative way to download apk's from Google Play without Wondershare Download Here
    (Note: I do not plan on doing a tutorial using this method as they show one on the site) (Thanks to fOmey for the info)

Alternative way to get apks to your Gear without Wondershare Tutorial Here

This tutorial will take you from a stock rom to the null_ rom with a theme installed and other options.

In this tutorial we will cover the following:
    (Clicking on the Titles will let you jump to that part of the tutorial)
    (But I recommend you read everything)
    Note: null_ is prerooted (It roots your gear for you)

Note: Whenever connecting the gear to the PC use a direct connection. NEVER USE A HUB or such. It has been know to cause issues.
    (Direct connection works best.)

Update: Jan 16, 2014
    Added NotiCounter Widget Tutorial

Update: Jan 04, 2014
    Added to Xposed Tutorial for new options included in Null_17
    Added to Bluetooth Internet Access (2 options now for Working Internet)
    Updated some screenshots

Need Null_ HELP? Check out NULL_ROM Official Q/A - FAQ- General Discussion thread

Also Search the forums for your questions. Please only post replies that are related to the tutorial. All other questions please check other threads. I read them as well. THANKS!

Current Screenshots of My Gear
    2ic4qo3.jpg
    r8yy4k.jpg
    fmkg1y.jpg

167nwbb.jpg
    2iw84mc.jpg
    fp2pas.jpg

Thanks to the following people: (In no particular Order)
    xda-developers - fourms site
    Moderators - Their Hard work
    mark manning - xda moderator
    Wondershare - Awesome App
    AdamLange - Rear Original Rom Thread
    fOmey - Null_ & Lots of info
    freefalling0411 - ffeefalling theme
    rovo89 - Xposed
    C3C076 - GravityBox
    appleflap - GPS Info
    broeuschmeul - BlueGPS4Droid
    almulder1092 - myself LOL!
    TeamWin - Original TWRP
    Villain ROM - vrthemes
    Google - Awesome Search engine / android
    Samsung - For the Note 3 & Gear
    ShareDroid - ShareGPS
    VasuDev - UCCW
    Omnitel - Watch Styler
    MrBIMC - Ultimate Dynamic Navbar
    TeslaCoil Software - Nova Launcher
    Matt Rankin - youtube Revovery Mode Video
    shimp208 - Minimal ADB & Fastboot
    mohlsson - GearLocationBridge
    codekiem - APK Downloader
    Kakann - Watch Face Thread
    noname81 - LMT Launcher
    EatHeat - Pie Control
    daerragh - Odin 3.09
    sting0387 - Finding Network Spoofer
    capslock66 - Creating Network Spoofer
    st-tps - Creating NotiCounter Widget
    xda Members (Can't name you all) - Feedback and Questions
    And anyone else I forgot.

If I missed anyone PM me and let me know who and for what.
    Update your gear to V700XXUAMK7 Firmware:

Update your gear to V700XXUAMK7 Firmware: (Skip if your already on MK7)
    Thanks to almulder1092 for the info

Make sure your gear is running V700XXUAMK7 Firmware, (If you are, you can skip this section.)

Note:If your in the USA and there is no update yet, just download the UK Version (BTU - United Kingdom)

Let update our Galaxy Gears firmware. (A must in you want to do anything below)
    Note: This could wipe you data, save anything you need just incase.

Preparation:

1. Download V700XXUAMK7 Firmware from here - Thanks to AdamLange
    2. Download Odin from here - Thanks to daerragh (Get version 3.09)

Installation:
    1. Put your Gear into Download Mode
      a. Press and hold the power button until the Restarting appears
      b. Repeatedly press the power button until the Select REBOOT MODE appears
      c. Press the power button once to move the selection to Download
      d. Press and hold the power button for about 3 sec.
      e. You are now in download mode.
    2. Connect your Gear to you PC. (Using the Cradle and Micro USB)
    3. Open Odin
    4. Click on the PDA Button
    5. Locate the V700XXUAMK7 Firmware and select it. (It should be a .md5 file, if it is zipped, then unzip it)
    6. Press Start
    7. Once it is completed it will reboot the gear.
    Note: Let your gear sit for a bit as it updates everything. I might look like it is stuck on the Samsung logo, but you should see the word Samsung pulsating. That means its working. Should it take more than 5 mins, simply Press and hold the power button down until it resets.

Note: Should you get the dreaded screen of death, just flash the MK7 ROM back onto your gear and start all over.

Screen of Death (LOL)
    29n8niw.jpg

Make sure the Gear is activated and connected to your Phone. (Samsung Manual)

How To:
    1. If your unsure how to do this, Return your Gear. (LOL)

Youtube Video - Samsung Gear Watch Download/Recovery Mode How To

Screenshots

Click For Larger View

Installing Null_ TWRP:

Installing Null_ TWRP: (Version as of this tutorial is Null_ 03 TWRP)
    Thanks to fOmey for this Null_ TWRP

Installing Null_ TWRP:

Preparation:
    1. Download Null_ TWRP - fOmey
    2. READ THE NULL_ TWRP Original Post

Installation:
    1. Put your Gear into Download Mode
    2. Connect your Gear to you PC.
    3. Open Odin
    4. Click on the PDA Button
    5. Locate the Null_ TWRP file and select it. (It should be a .md5 file, if it is zipped, then unzip it)
    6. UNTICK THE AUTO REBOOT OPTION IN ODIN.
    7. Press Start
    8. Once it is completed it will reboot the gear.
    Null Quote:
    If you find the recovery is not sticking & your Gear wipes when attempting to access recovery after flashing, you must root your Gear prior to installing TWRP again & Run the following commands in ADB:

*NOTE* You will gave to accept a supersuser request popup when executing "SU" command

*NOTE 2* Probably a good idea to run this prior to first installation (To save time)
    Code:
    $ adb shell

$ su

# mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/mmcblk0p20 /system

# rm /system/recovery-from-boot.p
    ADB stands for Android Debug Bridge

If needed "ADB" can be found here on xda - Thanks to shimp208

Youtube Video - How to Flash a Custom ROM (Null_ and others)
    \

Reserved for screenshots (Coming Later)

.​
    USB Debug Mode

USB Debug Mode
    Thanks to fOmey for the info

Now put your gear into USB debug mode:

Preparation:
    1. On your Gear Go to Settings >> Gear Info >> About Gear >> and tap Software version 7 times (After the 3rd tap, it will start counting down on how many taps are left before you can access the developer options.)
    2. Now go back one screen and you should see a new option, USB debug Check the box.

Screenshots
    120pfva.jpg
    6stm3l.jpg
    20ft6au.jpg
    2s5zg8z.jpg

Installing Null_ ROM

Installing Null_ ROM (Version as of this tutorial is Null_ 17)
    Thanks to fOmey for this Null_ TWRP

Installing Null_ ROM

Preparation:

1. Read Null_ Original Post. Make sure you understand everyting. What it can and can't do. (Especially about Bluetooth Tether)
    2. Re Read Null_ Original Post. MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING
    3. Download Null_
    4. Connect the Gear to the PC.
    5. Open up Wondershare and select your Gear.
    6. Click on files, Select the SDcard, then copy the Null_ ROM zip to the root of the SDCARD.

Installation:
    1. Put your Gear into Recovery Mode (Same steps as Download Mode, but select Recovery Instead)
    2. You should now be in TWRP.
    3. Click on Install
    4. Locate the Null_ Rom zip file. (Scroll down the list, it should default to the root of the SDCARD)
    5. Select the Null zip file
    6. Swipe to Confirm Flash
    7. Follow the on screen questions
    8. Install Everything, unless you know what your doing.
    9. Wait for the Gear to finish installation, then Reboot.
    10. Be patient as it updates. Just put the Gear down and let it do its thing. Even once it's booted, its best to give it time to settle things in. (Once booted let it sit about 5 mins)

Note: Please be considerate of other peoples time and take the time to read and search for your question before asking it. 98 times out of 100 it has already been answered many times. Let fOmey do what he does best and work on Null_ don't keep asking him questions that are answered in the Original Post.

Thanks from all of us to those that do read and search before asking.

Note: Should you get the dreaded screen of death, just flash the MK7 ROM back onto your gear and start all over.

Screen of Death (LOL)
    29n8niw.jpg

Reserved for screenshots (Coming Later)

.​