[Tutorial] Proscan PLT-7035-PL Root and install GAPPS

Search This thread

amjtech

Nov 15, 2012
Rooting and installing Google Play on the Proscan PLT7035-PL ** UPDATED **

*** Disclaimer ***
I am not responsible for bricked tablets, voided warranties, crashed computers and/or global thermonuclear war! This is what worked for me if you are unsure of anything in the following steps STOP NOW! There is no factory rom released for this tablet. If you brick it your possibly stuck until if and when they release an update!

These instructions assume you are competent to do the folling: get files on and off of your device using the mass storage driver, able to edit and understand changes to inf files, use command prompt, edit system user files and have enough patence to read all of the steps without skipping any. There are a few gotcha's that if are skipped will leave you pulling your hair out. Also these instructions are written for Windows. If your using Linux you shouldn't need my help anyways :p..
This tutorial may also work on other Chinese generic tablets. You would only need get the hardware vendor and product ID's from the device info for step 2. For the purpose of this post I wont be getting into that but the information is out there.. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND :)

Introduction

Its likely if you are reading you have recently visited Big Lots and scored a $69 7" tablet. Only to get home and find virtually NO information on rooting it or installing Google Play or GAPPs. I know I was in that boat but after a few hours of messing around I got it. I am writing this to hopefully help the hundreds of others I see out there asking for help on this.

Step 1 Download Stuff (Things to round up before you even think about starting)

1. Root with Restore by Bin4ry v15 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460 .** UPDATE ** I attached the version I used to this post
  2. ADB Drivers - You have several options here, milage may very.** UPDATE ** I attached USB drivers to this post. I had to seperate the 64 and 32 bit drivers to get the files under the 8 mb limit for uploads
  3. Root Explorer - quick way to move and remount file systems rw with ease. I used v2.13.1. Google around and find an APK to install, just be careful there is another completely differnent package out there called "rooted explorer" it may work but I have not tried it. ** UPDATE ** I attached the version I used to this post
  4. Google Apps for ICS - gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip is what I used from http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip ** Update ** I replaced the URL with a direct download link from goo.im enjoy!

**NOTE** SUPER ONE CLICK ROOT WILL NOT ROOT YOUR TABLET SO DON'T BOTHER TRYING!
Step 2 install and configure your ADB USB Drivers (Let the fun begin)

Extract your zip file containing the ADB USB drivers or Install the Android SDK and follow instructions on how to use the SDK manager to download the lastest drivers from google.

Once downloaded edit the inf file (usually named android_winusb.inf)
Add the following under the [Google.NTx86] heading and again under the [Google.NTamd64] heading: (one is for 32bit systems and the other is for 64 bit Systems)

Code:
;ProScan plt-7035
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&REV_0222&MI_01

After saving and exiting. Turn on USB Debugging on your tablet. It is under Settings => Developer Options and is the first option at the top make sure it has a check in the checkbox. Exit the developer screen by pressing back or the home key and plug in your tablet to a usb port on your computer using a micro-USB cable.

Device detection should at this point detect a few devices but at least 1 will fail without drivers. Possibly more on XP systems..

Under Device Manager => Other Devices you should have a device called "PLT7035-PL" use the usb drivers modifed above to install the ADB USB Drivers.
*** Important Note ***
At this point even with the ADB Driver installed ADB will not see the tablet. We have to create or edit the file c:\users\whatever your username is\.android\adb_usb.ini

If you have already run ADB at any time on your system the file and directory should already exist. If not you will need to create the directory and the file.
on a single line simply add this to a blank line in the file and save and exit:
0x2207
This tells ADB to look for that vendor code. (if you allready have ADB on your computer 'adb devices' should now show your tablet.
** UPDATE ** This is still necessary even if using the drivers attached to this post!
Step 3 Root your Tablet!
*** Warning ***
I almost bricked my tablet on this step due to an error with a faulty PlayStore I had tried to install just using the APK. It kept the tablet from rebooting properly during the root process! I recommend erasing all user data before continuing YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
  1. Extract Root with Restore by Bin4ry v15 to the directory of your choosing.
  2. From explorer on your pc double click the RunMe.bat and select option one.
    This particular root uses the system restore function to gain root access. If everything goes right you should get a prompt on the table to restore an image.
  3. Press restore ON THE TABLET without entering a password or changing anything else and after a minute or two (maybe more) it should reboot.. Do some more stuff then reboot one more time and you should now have a rooted tablet.

Step 4 Copy root explorer and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to the internal storage of the tablet.
Make sure the tablet is plugged into your computer and turn On USB Storage.
Copy rootexplorer.apk and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to the Downloads folder via windows explorer and the removeable drive from the tablet.

Step 5 Install root explorer

ON THE TABLET: to applications => explorer => Internal memory => Download => rootexplorer.apk
This should bring up the apk installer and ask for permission to install rootexplorer. Follow the prompts until rootexplorer is installed.

Open root explorer. The first time you open it if everything is right you should get a prompt from SU to allow root access, hit grant. After that you might get a message that you need to close and reopen root explorer again, this is completely normal.

Step 6 Remount File Systems r/w

Once root explorer is open and has root access you should be in the root directory of the device.At the top you should see a message that says "Mounted as r/o" and a button to the right of it that says "mount as r/w".
  1. Click the button to mount / as rw.
    The message at the top should change to "mounted as r/w" and the button should change to "mount as r/o"
  2. Scroll to the system folder and open it.
    At the top you should see a message that says "Mounted as r/o" and a button to the right of it that says "mount as r/w".
  3. Click the button to mount /system as rw.
    The message at the top should change to "mounted as r/w" and the button should change to "mount as r/o"
  4. Now click on the ../ Parent Folder icon on the top to go back to the root directory,

Step 7 Extract GAPPS

1. Scroll to and tap sdcard
  2. Scroll to and tap Download
    You should see the google apps file we copied earlier.
  3. tap and hold on gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip until the menu comes up and select "extract all" this will extract the zip file to /sdcard/extracted/gapps-ics-20120429-signed/

Step 8 Copy Google APPS to /system

1. Scroll to and TAP .. Parent folder at the top to go back a directory to /sdcard/
  2. Scroll to and TAP extracted
  3. Scroll to and TAP gapps-ics-20120429-signed

You should see 5 items, install-optional.sh, META-INF, optional, system and the ../ Parent Folder link.

*** WARNING *** Do not click on the install-optional.sh bad things might happen!
  4. TAP and hold on the system folder until the menu comes up and select copy.

This will place a paste button on the bottom of the screen be careful not to hit it yet or you will have problems.
  5. TAP ../ Parent Folder until the directory at the top says / (you should have to go back 2 or 3 folders)

You should now see a bunch of folders in the root directory as well as the tablets system folder. There should NOT be a ".. Parent folder" visible.
  6. Now hit the paste button on the bottom left. You should get a warning massage saying "system already exist. Do you want to overwrite it?" hit yes
The file copy takes 1 to 2 minutes when it is done all that is left is to remount the / and /system folders r/o and reboot the tablet

Step 9 Remount file systems r/o

At the top you should see a message that says "Mounted as r/w" and a button to the right of it that says "mount as r/o".
  1. Click the button to mount / as ro.
    The message at the top should change to "mounted as r/o" and the button should change to "mount as r/w"
  2. Scroll to and TAP system
    At the top you should see a message that says "Mounted as r/w" and a button to the right of it that says "mount as r/o".
  3. Click the button to mount /system as ro.
  4. click the back icon on the bottom left until you have exited root explorer.
  5. Press the power button on the top of the tablet and turn it off and back on.

If everything went right you should now have a fully functioning rooted tablet with Google Playstore...

WASN'T THAT FUN!!?!?!

Attachments

• rootexplorer.apk
    204.9 KB · Views: 2,510
  • Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v15.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 2,674
Last edited:

Humphrey1989

Sep 10, 2011
Ive tried this several times. It hasn't worked yet. Maybe I am doing it wrong, not sure. Ill keep trying but I am losing hope.

I am trying with a Proscan PLT7035-PL

ertr999

Nov 16, 2012
worked ... Many thanks to amjtech ...

Here's how to do it:

Install Android SDK, then install Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-Tools, Google USB Driver (download from google)

Install PdaNet for Android on PC.

Attach Proscan pad, check Settings->Developer options->USB debugging to on

XP install adb driver - if unsuccessful, need modify registry
regedit under HKLM/SYSTEM Permissions -> Advance, check replace permission entries on all child
(http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/252428-45-installation-failed-access-denied)

Install USBDeview, run to see usb device attached, get device ID of PROSCAN pad (0x2207)

Add device ID to file adb_usb.ini in c:\docume~1\<user>\.android, also add google's id:
0x2207
0x18d1
(http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1479311)
(http://androidforums.com/kindle-fir...k-how-get-adb-running-root-superoneclick.html)

Now device will show running

Install ICS Root Unlocker 1.0, run ... got rooted.

Download Root Explorer (2.21.1).apk, Google Play Store (3.8.16).apk, and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip from 4shared
http://www.4shared.com/folder/k86VyEKK/_online.html

follow the rest of the instruction (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1993013)

... reboot proscan ... voila !!! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: jmasters

tnan0906

Nov 18, 2012
Help me!! please!!

I pushed the reset button then right now it's stay at recovery mode ever and I don't what firmware name it's using.. Someone help me find the link to download firmware and teach me how to restore it!! thanks very, very much!!

amjtech

Nov 15, 2012
Factory ROM

I pushed the reset button then right now it's stay at recovery mode ever and I don't what firmware name it's using.. Someone help me find the link to download firmware and teach me how to restore it!! thanks very, very much!!

Unfortunately as stated above there is no factory rom available for these tablets yet... I am looking into using rkflash or rkflashtool to download my rom prerooted so I have a backup and also can post a rooted rom for everyone. Most likely later this week I should have some time to figure out the rkflashtool and get it dumped.

I will post it here once it is done.

I'm going to say this now. I have a very busy schedule so I cannot guarantee when I will get this accomplished.

Also if this works for you please hit the thanks button.

tnan0906

Nov 18, 2012
Rom Backup

Unfortunately as stated above there is no factory rom available for these tablets yet... I am looking into using rkflash or rkflashtool to download my rom prerooted so I have a backup and also can post a rooted rom for everyone. Most likely later this week I should have some time to figure out the rkflashtool and get it dumped.

I'm going to say this now. I have a very busy schedule so I cannot guarantee when I will get this accomplished.

Thanks thanks thanks!! Please upload your backup from you for me! I think it will work because same products!! please as soon as possible!! Thanks you, thanks you very very much!!!

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
Confused as heck !!

OK, I am confused as heck here. I have the SDK installed. I have the USB Drivers installed. The PC sees the phone just fine, I can browse the internal storage and the external sd card with no problem. Windows XP Device Manager shows Android Phone, and under that the Android Composite ADB Interface.

PDANet works with the phone, no problem. However, adb devices never shows the device, and the Root program cannot find it either. At this point, I'm stumped. Any ideas what I need to do? I have put the android_usb.ini file in c:\Documents and Settings\myusername\Android with the necessary hex codes for the device and for Google. I'm going nuts here!

I know ADB is installed properly, because I can plug my phone into the PC and run adb devices, and it's detected just fine. It's just this tablet it can't find.

FIX: Not as obvious as it might have been, but here is the solution to my problem. I used the Search function to find the adb_usb.inf file - umm... it's in .android, not android. Once I added those ids, everything was fine.

Last edited:

spycom773469

Apr 7, 2009
No Market?

Achieved root, copied over the system folder from the zip, but no market. Did I miss something?

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
What about Recovery?

Just wondering if there is a recovery option as yet? That would be so helpful!

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

Achieved root, copied over the system folder from the zip, but no market. Did I miss something?

Yeah, this happened to me too. And for some reason, when you go to the \system folder and look in apps there is another apps folder in there. I think there is something really odd going on with root manager possibly. I don't know what the deal is, but none of the Google Apps are running.

I've tried several older 4.0.x versions of GAPPS, and I will be danged if I can get any of them to work. I'm rooted OK, but that's all that worked thus far.

Last edited:

jmasters

Nov 24, 2012
Good instructions! But failure... and then success

The instructions were great above! The pointer to the version of google play was bad, but I found this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1934441 and after using Root explorer to do the appropriate permissions at / and /system, and on the renamed file, it works!

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

Now that I got Google Play to work...

I am having an odd problem however - the installation of apps stalls at 0% for about 30 seconds, and then continues. And as the percentage is updated, I see app screens cycling. And little google play shopping bags start to stack up in my "task tray" area of the tablet.

Does anybody else have that problem? It's very annoying! It seems like the downloaded apps not only install but open, eating up precious memory.

Speaking of which, how is the flash memory used? (4 GB), and not having apps take up the 500 MB that's available?

spycom773469

Apr 7, 2009
Speaking of which, how is the flash memory used? (4 GB), and not having apps take up the 500 MB that's available?
It is 4GB shared. I haven't tried looking at the partition table.
There is only 2GB usable, it's on the TF card, I moved the apps there.
Not sure how to access the SD card to put apps there.
Yeah, this happened to me too. And for some reason, when you go to the \system folder and look in apps there is another apps folder in there. I think there is something really odd going on with root manager possibly. I don't know what the deal is, but none of the Google Apps are running.

I've tried several older 4.0.x versions of GAPPS, and I will be danged if I can get any of them to work. I'm rooted OK, but that's all that worked thus far.
My GAPPS are working fine. I thought about killing that /system/system folder and manually placing the files via adb.
Try checking the permissions too, I think they need to be 644 or better.
I've put the Tablet away for now, I will tinker again later probably.

Sent from my DIRTY Jelly Bean EVO 3D

jmasters

Nov 24, 2012
How to move apps internally to TF card?

It is 4GB shared. I haven't tried looking at the partition table.
There is only 2GB usable, it's on the TF card, I moved the apps there.
Not sure how to access the SD card to put apps there.

How do you move your apps there? I'm aware of the app called something like app2SD, but the TF card isn't an SD card.

amjtech

Nov 15, 2012
Just wondering if there is a recovery option as yet? That would be so helpful!

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 AM ----------

You have to extract the zip file, remount the file systems as rw and copy the /system folder from the zip into the / of the device so that all the files goto their proper places... if you have /system/system it was not copied correctly...

as far as those not getting ADB to reconize the tablet.. a) make sure you have usb debugging turned on and b) you put the hardware id in the adb_usb.ini file.. See the ** important note ** in Step 2!

Reactions: bluetxsteel

bluetxsteel

Nov 26, 2012
Unzipping Files

I have read and followed your directions to download the files, but, my unit keeps saying it can not open any zip files.
Do you have any idea why it may say this or how to get around this problem so I can continue as instructed?

jmasters

Nov 24, 2012
unzip on your computer and transfer over, or use root explorer

I have read and followed your directions to download the files, but, my unit keeps saying it can not open any zip files.
Do you have any idea why it may say this or how to get around this problem so I can continue as instructed?

You can unzip them on your computer and then transfer them over, or use root explorer on your tablet. You'll have to hold your finger on the .zip file for a few seconds and then the unzip option pops up.

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
Well, everyone be careful! When my Google Play would not install properly, I tried to clean the tablet up, ie, put it back to its original condition. Somehow, I managed to cause something to crash, and from then on, the tablet won't boot past the Android startup screen, although I can adb into it and it is still rooted, etc. What I've got now is a project tablet - HOW TO UNBRICK THE BRICK.

midnite48161

Nov 24, 2012
my bricked too

Well, everyone be careful! When my Google Play would not install properly, I tried to clean the tablet up, ie, put it back to its original condition. Somehow, I managed to cause something to crash, and from then on, the tablet won't boot past the Android startup screen, although I can adb into it and it is still rooted, etc. What I've got now is a project tablet - HOW TO UNBRICK THE BRICK.

I hope you do so or some body find a way to unbrick this thing as for me i still have 26 days to return mine.i got to the part where I was about to paste the system I hit yes then everything locked up. I noticed before I hit yes it said do you want to merge and copy the files over not do you want to overwrite it but I still hit yes bad idea. can anybody tell me why I said merge and copy. well this is the second one I have bricks follow the steps perfect got all the way to the end and this is what happens so I took the first 1 back guess I'm going to take a second back also and try again until i figure out what I'm doing wrong.has anybody maked a rkimage or a .zip. update that will work to re cover this thing. I would be willing to try it out for you because I can.

Last edited:

amjtech

Nov 15, 2012

try doing an ADB shell
then the following commands
su
wipe data

this will reset the user partition. I had something similar happen on mine.. BTW 'wipe all' will definitly brick your tablet so be carefull ;)

If you still cannot get it I was almost in a car accident yesterday and my tablet went flying and broke the screen... If you confident with a soldering iron I now have a plt-7035 mainboard prerooted and playstore installed for sale for $25 including shipping.. it would involve soldering 6 wire and the wifi antenna if your up to it pm me,, I know its good as I was able to ADB into it and run su and wipe data to reset it.. ;)

-Andrew

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Rooting and installing Google Play on the Proscan PLT7035-PL ** UPDATED **

*** Disclaimer ***
    I am not responsible for bricked tablets, voided warranties, crashed computers and/or global thermonuclear war! This is what worked for me if you are unsure of anything in the following steps STOP NOW! There is no factory rom released for this tablet. If you brick it your possibly stuck until if and when they release an update!

These instructions assume you are competent to do the folling: get files on and off of your device using the mass storage driver, able to edit and understand changes to inf files, use command prompt, edit system user files and have enough patence to read all of the steps without skipping any. There are a few gotcha's that if are skipped will leave you pulling your hair out. Also these instructions are written for Windows. If your using Linux you shouldn't need my help anyways :p..
    This tutorial may also work on other Chinese generic tablets. You would only need get the hardware vendor and product ID's from the device info for step 2. For the purpose of this post I wont be getting into that but the information is out there.. GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND :)

Introduction

Its likely if you are reading you have recently visited Big Lots and scored a $69 7" tablet. Only to get home and find virtually NO information on rooting it or installing Google Play or GAPPs. I know I was in that boat but after a few hours of messing around I got it. I am writing this to hopefully help the hundreds of others I see out there asking for help on this.

Step 1 Download Stuff (Things to round up before you even think about starting)

1. Root with Restore by Bin4ry v15 - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1886460 .** UPDATE ** I attached the version I used to this post
    2. ADB Drivers - You have several options here, milage may very.** UPDATE ** I attached USB drivers to this post. I had to seperate the 64 and 32 bit drivers to get the files under the 8 mb limit for uploads
    3. Root Explorer - quick way to move and remount file systems rw with ease. I used v2.13.1. Google around and find an APK to install, just be careful there is another completely differnent package out there called "rooted explorer" it may work but I have not tried it. ** UPDATE ** I attached the version I used to this post
    4. Google Apps for ICS - gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip is what I used from http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip ** Update ** I replaced the URL with a direct download link from goo.im enjoy!

**NOTE** SUPER ONE CLICK ROOT WILL NOT ROOT YOUR TABLET SO DON'T BOTHER TRYING!
    Step 2 install and configure your ADB USB Drivers (Let the fun begin)

Extract your zip file containing the ADB USB drivers or Install the Android SDK and follow instructions on how to use the SDK manager to download the lastest drivers from google.

Once downloaded edit the inf file (usually named android_winusb.inf)
    Add the following under the [Google.NTx86] heading and again under the [Google.NTamd64] heading: (one is for 32bit systems and the other is for 64 bit Systems)

Code:
    ;ProScan plt-7035
    %SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010
    %CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_2207&PID_0010&REV_0222&MI_01

After saving and exiting. Turn on USB Debugging on your tablet. It is under Settings => Developer Options and is the first option at the top make sure it has a check in the checkbox. Exit the developer screen by pressing back or the home key and plug in your tablet to a usb port on your computer using a micro-USB cable.

Device detection should at this point detect a few devices but at least 1 will fail without drivers. Possibly more on XP systems..

Under Device Manager => Other Devices you should have a device called "PLT7035-PL" use the usb drivers modifed above to install the ADB USB Drivers.
    *** Important Note ***
    At this point even with the ADB Driver installed ADB will not see the tablet. We have to create or edit the file c:\users\whatever your username is\.android\adb_usb.ini

If you have already run ADB at any time on your system the file and directory should already exist. If not you will need to create the directory and the file.
    on a single line simply add this to a blank line in the file and save and exit:
    0x2207
    This tells ADB to look for that vendor code. (if you allready have ADB on your computer 'adb devices' should now show your tablet.
    ** UPDATE ** This is still necessary even if using the drivers attached to this post!
    Step 3 Root your Tablet!
    *** Warning ***
    I almost bricked my tablet on this step due to an error with a faulty PlayStore I had tried to install just using the APK. It kept the tablet from rebooting properly during the root process! I recommend erasing all user data before continuing YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
    1. Extract Root with Restore by Bin4ry v15 to the directory of your choosing.
    2. From explorer on your pc double click the RunMe.bat and select option one.
      This particular root uses the system restore function to gain root access. If everything goes right you should get a prompt on the table to restore an image.
    3. Press restore ON THE TABLET without entering a password or changing anything else and after a minute or two (maybe more) it should reboot.. Do some more stuff then reboot one more time and you should now have a rooted tablet.

Step 4 Copy root explorer and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to the internal storage of the tablet.
    Make sure the tablet is plugged into your computer and turn On USB Storage.
    Copy rootexplorer.apk and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip to the Downloads folder via windows explorer and the removeable drive from the tablet.

Step 5 Install root explorer

ON THE TABLET: to applications => explorer => Internal memory => Download => rootexplorer.apk
    This should bring up the apk installer and ask for permission to install rootexplorer. Follow the prompts until rootexplorer is installed.

Open root explorer. The first time you open it if everything is right you should get a prompt from SU to allow root access, hit grant. After that you might get a message that you need to close and reopen root explorer again, this is completely normal.

Step 6 Remount File Systems r/w

Once root explorer is open and has root access you should be in the root directory of the device.At the top you should see a message that says "Mounted as r/o" and a button to the right of it that says "mount as r/w".
    1. Click the button to mount / as rw.
    2. Scroll to the system folder and open it.
      At the top you should see a message that says "Mounted as r/o" and a button to the right of it that says "mount as r/w".
    3. Click the button to mount /system as rw.
    4. Now click on the ../ Parent Folder icon on the top to go back to the root directory,

Step 7 Extract GAPPS

1. Scroll to and tap sdcard
    2. Scroll to and tap Download
      You should see the google apps file we copied earlier.
    3. tap and hold on gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip until the menu comes up and select "extract all" this will extract the zip file to /sdcard/extracted/gapps-ics-20120429-signed/

Step 8 Copy Google APPS to /system

1. Scroll to and TAP .. Parent folder at the top to go back a directory to /sdcard/
    2. Scroll to and TAP extracted
    3. Scroll to and TAP gapps-ics-20120429-signed

You should see 5 items, install-optional.sh, META-INF, optional, system and the ../ Parent Folder link.

*** WARNING *** Do not click on the install-optional.sh bad things might happen!
    4. TAP and hold on the system folder until the menu comes up and select copy.

This will place a paste button on the bottom of the screen be careful not to hit it yet or you will have problems.
    5. TAP ../ Parent Folder until the directory at the top says / (you should have to go back 2 or 3 folders)

You should now see a bunch of folders in the root directory as well as the tablets system folder. There should NOT be a ".. Parent folder" visible.
    6. Now hit the paste button on the bottom left. You should get a warning massage saying "system already exist. Do you want to overwrite it?" hit yes
    The file copy takes 1 to 2 minutes when it is done all that is left is to remount the / and /system folders r/o and reboot the tablet

Step 9 Remount file systems r/o

1. Click the button to mount / as ro.
      The message at the top should change to "mounted as r/o" and the button should change to "mount as r/w"
    2. Scroll to and TAP system
    3. Click the button to mount /system as ro.
    4. click the back icon on the bottom left until you have exited root explorer.
    5. Press the power button on the top of the tablet and turn it off and back on.

If everything went right you should now have a fully functioning rooted tablet with Google Playstore...

WASN'T THAT FUN!!?!?!
    Factory ROM

worked ... Many thanks to amjtech ...

Here's how to do it:

Install Android SDK, then install Android SDK Tools, Android SDK Platform-Tools, Google USB Driver (download from google)

Install PdaNet for Android on PC.

Attach Proscan pad, check Settings->Developer options->USB debugging to on

XP install adb driver - if unsuccessful, need modify registry
    regedit under HKLM/SYSTEM Permissions -> Advance, check replace permission entries on all child
    (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/252428-45-installation-failed-access-denied)

Install USBDeview, run to see usb device attached, get device ID of PROSCAN pad (0x2207)

Add device ID to file adb_usb.ini in c:\docume~1\<user>\.android, also add google's id:
    0x2207
    0x18d1
    (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1479311)
    (http://androidforums.com/kindle-fir...k-how-get-adb-running-root-superoneclick.html)

Now device will show running

Install ICS Root Unlocker 1.0, run ... got rooted.

Download Root Explorer (2.21.1).apk, Google Play Store (3.8.16).apk, and gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip from 4shared
    http://www.4shared.com/folder/k86VyEKK/_online.html

follow the rest of the instruction (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1993013)

... reboot proscan ... voila !!! :)
    Stuck

Ive tried this several times. It hasn't worked yet. Maybe I am doing it wrong, not sure. Ill keep trying but I am losing hope.

I am trying with a Proscan PLT7035-PL

How far are you getting? Were you able to get root?
    How do you move your apps there? I'm aware of the app called something like app2SD, but the TF card isn't an SD card.

If you go to the Apps tab under the system settings you will see a button that says "Move to TF Card"

Sent from my DIRTY Jelly Bean EVO 3D