• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TUTORIAL] Restore hard bricked + lost recovery with locked bootloader Meizu Pro 5

Search This thread
Oct 10, 2014
I had a locked bootloader and broken recovery, аfter a failed installation of the last firmware with a missing serial number on my PRO 5.
I recently tried this method with different versions of windows and different PCs.
And always got the same error in Multidownloader.
The phone reboots into fastboot and there is still a locked bootloader.

It was possible to solve the problem only in the service center, using the MRT Dongle.

Are there any suggestions of what the problem might be? (for future generations)

I couldn't even get the multidownloader to start. Could you share your pro5.conf file which firmwares have you tried in which configuration?

edit: sorry, just realized it's re-uploaded to mediafire.

Last edited:

fuschs

Aug 26, 2016
Volokolamsk
On my device, after firmware 6.7 beta, the recovery mode disappeared, and the bootloader was also locked. Thank you, I succeeded, although not immediately with the help of your instructions and files from the archive.

BernatVM

Jul 12, 2012
I get message please re run re-enumeration sequence on AP from multidownloader and screen goes black. When I boot into bootloader is still blocked. Anyone can help?

Last edited:

Jammer

Jan 18, 2005
Doesn't work for me :(

I have 2 Pro5 :

First one can go to Exynos (VOL+/VOL-) Mode and is detected by MultiDownloader. The Tool seems to transfer the .bin files ("Transfer done....."), but then says "Wait Re-Connect AP USB Device" and "Please Run Re-Enumeration Sequence on AP", and the phone boots into Fastboot Mode with locked BL

Second one remains dead when pressing VOL+ / VOL- / Power with USB plugged in (without USB it boots into Fastboot with locked BL).

Edit : First phone worked after I modified all "....5 0..." to "...5 20..." in the MeizuPro5.cfg

Last edited:

python_rocks

Jan 24, 2020
After long time research I have found a way how to restore hard bricked Meizu Pro 5.
It should work on phones:
1. With lost recovery and locked bootloader (fastboot) My case.
2. With lost bootloader
3. With lost recovery and bootloader

Did the phone boot up with these limitations ? I'm asking 'coz I'm not sure if you can unbrick the phone without having USB access to internal storage. Did you have USB access to internal storage ?

erreterr

Jun 6, 2005
I get a problem with WinDNWApi.dll and could not load the multiloader program at all. I tried everything from installing every visual c++ redistributable to installing the whole Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 . Also installed Windows 7 32 bit, but when I try to register that DLL in question I receive an error DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. I take that DLL and put it into sytem32 syswow64 folders and everything that can be imagined to no avail.... https://i.imgur.com/4yqNhrt.png https://i.imgur.com/QGTTkib.png

phonsey10

Jan 6, 2020
G985F Dead Boot Repair Files

Thought i would add the G985F dead boot repair files here. there paid files so enjoy !!!

www . 4shared . com/rar/gcQMToIyiq/DEBUG_USB_RECOVERY_FAQ0_G985FX . html

p.s remove the spaces

---------- Post added at 06:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

I get a problem with WinDNWApi.dll and could not load the multiloader program at all. I tried everything from installing every visual c++ redistributable to installing the whole Visual Studio Enterprise 2019 . Also installed Windows 7 32 bit, but when I try to register that DLL in question I receive an error DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. I take that DLL and put it into sytem32 syswow64 folders and everything that can be imagined to no avail....

download these files i posted man and within the zip you will find the Exynos usb driver copy the files (WinDNWApi.dll & WinDNWApi.lib to the mulitdownloader and also copy them to C:\Program Files\Samsung\Exynos USB Driver\Drivers and it will fix your problem. need any help man i can help you out. just repaired my g985f ( Samsung S20+ )

Last edited:

DrTwixil

Dec 2, 2020
After long time research I have found a way how to restore hard bricked Meizu Pro 5.
2. With lost bootloader

First case was tested by me with international version phone, but as restore procedure is very low level it should work and for other two cases and probably Chinese phones.

Unbrick procedure was done using 32bits. Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service pack 1) with installed all updates. 32 bit OS was used because I found only 32 bits. Drivers, not for the phone, but for Samsung Exynos7420. As you know this phone is based on 7420 chip.
Windows 10 won’t work.

The puzzle was solved after rethinking of information from these forum posts:
1. https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/general/guide-repair-hard-bricked-devices-t3573865
2. https://forum.xda-developers.com/meizu-pro-5/help/to-unlock-hardbricked-meizu-pro-5-t3566173
thanks these guys for showing me path. :)

The trick is to put phone in Exynos7420 mode and flash unlocked bootloader. Unlocked boot loader I took from link provided in this tread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/meizu-pro-5/how-to/tutorial-unlock-bootloader-meizu-pro-5-t3303127
First step.
Then I extracted unlocked bootloader as u-boot.bin.signed and the other three files:
1. fwbl1
2. el3.bin.signed
3. bl2.bin.signed
I took from multiUpgrade 4.8.5.rar archive, you could find them in it if you dig enough into subfolders. Extract from unlocked bootloader file I din’t succeed :(.

Steps:
1. Prepare 32 bit windows machine. (it could be even a virtual machine, I have done it using parallels desktop, but it is possible and with other virtualisation software, like vmware or of course bare metal)
2. Extract provided archive into somewhere :) It contains all necessary drivers, tools and files.
3. Install Drivers ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\Disk1\Setup.exe
4. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 ~\Files\vcredist_x86.exe
5. Copy ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\WinDNWApi.dll and ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\WinDNWApi.lib in in: c:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\Exynos USB Driver\Drivers\
6. Rename c:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\Exynos USB Driver\Drivers\WinDNWApi.dat, just add something at the end, I renamed into to WinDNWApi.dat_
7. Run ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\Multidownloader.exe and select file ~\Files\Bootloader\MeizuPro5.cfg
8. Boot into Exynos7420 mode Press and hold Vol + and Vol - and press one time power button, keep pressing both Vol buttons. Do not release them.
9. OS should detect device and install drivers, then in the Multidownloader.exe application window you should see connected device.
10. Select device and press start, wait until phone reboots into fastboot mode with unlocked bootloader. Now you can release both Vol buttons. Congratulations, now you have device in fastboot mode with unlocked bootloader.
11. Install Samsung drivers from ~\Files\Samsung Drivers\ using windows device manage and have disk method selecting right drivers file in ~\Files\Samsung drivers\android_winusb.inf. Now you have device in fastboot mode and accessible from fastboot.
12. RUN cmd and go to ~\Files\Rest\ then execute: “fastboot.exe devices”, it should return connected device.
13. Now we can flash TWRP recovery execute: “fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0_m86_patched_st0rm77.img”
14. Now flash bootloader execute: “fastboot flash bootloader bootloader"

What to do with unlocked bootloader and custom recovery I guess you know :).

Because my phone was with corrupted partition TWRP couldn't flash images, so I made few more steps, but for most of the cases should be enough previous.

And of course, if you going to flash stock rom, don't forget to delete these 1) bootloader, 2) ldfw, 3) recovery.img files from update.zip, oversize you be forced to start everything from beginning. :)

Resources: https://megaupload.nz/Ae6fTegfb7/Files_7z

What should you do about this error? The files are available and I did everything as in the instructions

Attachments

• 1234567.png
    1234567.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 48

DrTwixil

Dec 2, 2020
[QUOTE = "BernatVM, сообщение: 80203976, участник: 4736173"]
Я получаю сообщение, пожалуйста, повторно запустите последовательность повторного перечисления на AP из мультизагрузчика, и экран станет черным. Когда я загружаюсь в загрузчик все еще заблокирован. Кто-нибудь может помочь?
[/ QUOTE]

У меня такая же проблема, вы как-то ее решили?

phonsey10

Jan 6, 2020
What should you do about this error? The files are available and I did everything as in the instructions
u dont have the files in the right place. download my files and in the zip there a another zip called "Exynos USB Driver" copy the folder Exynos USB Driver to C:\Program Files (x86)\Exynos USB Driver

That should fix ur problem. If you need help i can help u later

DrTwixil

Dec 2, 2020
u dont have the files in the right place. download my files and in the zip there a another zip called "Exynos USB Driver" copy the folder Exynos USB Driver to C:\Program Files (x86)\Exynos USB Driver

I get message please re run re-enumeration sequence on AP from multidownloader and .

DrTwixil

Dec 2, 2020

[COM5]Write thread Start################## 2020_12_02-16_25_80
[COM5]Write TimeOut 2020_12_02-16_25_415
[COM5]Write thread Exit################## 2020_12_02-16_25_432
[COM5]Write thread Start################## 2020_12_02-16_26_298
[COM5]Transfer Done : C:\Files\Bootloader\bl1 2020_12_02-16_26_397
[COM5]Transfer Done : C:\Files\Bootloader\el3.bin.signed 2020_12_02-16_26_520
[COM5]Wait Re-Connect AP USB Device 2020_12_02-16_26_520
[COM5]Please Run Re-Enumeration Sequence on AP 2020_12_02-16_26_520
[COM5]Transfer Done : C:\Files\Bootloader\bl2.bin.signed 2020_12_02-16_26_390
[COM5]Write TimeOut 2020_12_02-16_26_303
[COM5]Write thread Exit################## 2020_12_02-16_26_318
[COM5]Write thread Start################## 2020_12_02-16_26_68
[COM5]Transfer Done : C:\Files\Bootloader\bl1 2020_12_02-16_26_185
[COM5]Transfer Done : C:\Files\Bootloader\el3.bin.signed 2020_12_02-16_26_366
[COM5]Wait Re-Connect AP USB Device 2020_12_02-16_26_399
[COM5]Please Run Re-Enumeration Sequence on AP 2020_12_02-16_26_415
[COM5]Transfer Done : C:\Files\Bootloader\bl2.bin.signed 2020_12_02-16_28_58
[COM5]Write TimeOut 2020_12_02-16_28_593
[COM5]Write thread Exit################## 2020_12_02-16_28_614

DrTwixil

Dec 2, 2020
who can help, after starting cfg pro 5 writes:
[COM5] Transfer Done: C: \ Files \ Bootloader \ bl1 2020_12_03-15_10_866
[COM5] Transfer Done: C: \ Files \ Bootloader \ el3.bin.signed 2020_12_03-15_10_970
[COM5] Wait Re-Connect AP USB Device 2020_12_03-15_10_970
[COM5] Please Run Re-Enumeration Sequence on AP 2020_12_03-15_10_970
[COM5] Transfer Done: C: \ Files \ Bootloader \ bl2.bin.signed 2020_12_03-15_11_646
[COM5] Write TimeOut 2020_12_03-15_11_890
who can help, the phone does not reboot into fastboot and bootloader does not unlock

aspartame21

Jan 7, 2012
Baku
[COM5] Transfer Done: C: \ Files \ Bootloader \ bl1 2020_12_03-15_10_866
[COM5] Transfer Done: C: \ Files \ Bootloader \ el3.bin.signed 2020_12_03-15_10_970
[COM5] Wait Re-Connect AP USB Device 2020_12_03-15_10_970
[COM5] Please Run Re-Enumeration Sequence on AP 2020_12_03-15_10_970
[COM5] Transfer Done: C: \ Files \ Bootloader \ bl2.bin.signed 2020_12_03-15_11_646
[COM5] Write TimeOut 2020_12_03-15_11_890
who can help, the phone does not reboot into fastboot and bootloader does not unlock

I have the same issue

Last edited:

RaSergiy

Jun 15, 2021
Doesn't work for me :(

I have 2 Pro5 :

First one can go to Exynos (VOL+/VOL-) Mode and is detected by MultiDownloader. The Tool seems to transfer the .bin files ("Transfer done....."), but then says "Wait Re-Connect AP USB Device" and "Please Run Re-Enumeration Sequence on AP", and the phone boots into Fastboot Mode with locked BL

Second one remains dead when pressing VOL+ / VOL- / Power with USB plugged in (without USB it boots into Fastboot with locked BL).

Edit : First phone worked after I modified all "....5 0..." to "...5 20..." in the MeizuPro5.cfg
I've got the same problem. Updated from 6.3.0.0G (with no serial, i guess) to 7.8.5.22 beta and bricked device. Tried this method.
The phone reboots into fastboot and there is still a locked bootloader. Tried to change numbers to "5 20" in the config with the same result. What is the meaning of this numbers ("5 0", "5 20") ? What also i can to do to resurrect the phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2. With lost bootloader

First case was tested by me with international version phone, but as restore procedure is very low level it should work and for other two cases and probably Chinese phones.

Unbrick procedure was done using 32bits. Windows 7 Professional Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service pack 1) with installed all updates. 32 bit OS was used because I found only 32 bits. Drivers, not for the phone, but for Samsung Exynos7420. As you know this phone is based on 7420 chip.
    Windows 10 won’t work.

The puzzle was solved after rethinking of information from these forum posts:
    1. https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6/general/guide-repair-hard-bricked-devices-t3573865
    2. https://forum.xda-developers.com/meizu-pro-5/help/to-unlock-hardbricked-meizu-pro-5-t3566173
    thanks these guys for showing me path. :)

The trick is to put phone in Exynos7420 mode and flash unlocked bootloader. Unlocked boot loader I took from link provided in this tread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/meizu-pro-5/how-to/tutorial-unlock-bootloader-meizu-pro-5-t3303127
    First step.
    Then I extracted unlocked bootloader as u-boot.bin.signed and the other three files:
    1. fwbl1
    2. el3.bin.signed
    3. bl2.bin.signed
    I took from multiUpgrade 4.8.5.rar archive, you could find them in it if you dig enough into subfolders. Extract from unlocked bootloader file I din’t succeed :(.

Steps:
    1. Prepare 32 bit windows machine. (it could be even a virtual machine, I have done it using parallels desktop, but it is possible and with other virtualisation software, like vmware or of course bare metal)
    2. Extract provided archive into somewhere :) It contains all necessary drivers, tools and files.
    3. Install Drivers ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\Disk1\Setup.exe
    4. Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 ~\Files\vcredist_x86.exe
    5. Copy ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\WinDNWApi.dll and ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\WinDNWApi.lib in in: c:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\Exynos USB Driver\Drivers\
    6. Rename c:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\Exynos USB Driver\Drivers\WinDNWApi.dat, just add something at the end, I renamed into to WinDNWApi.dat_
    7. Run ~\Files\USB_Download_Tool_32bit\Multidownloader.exe and select file ~\Files\Bootloader\MeizuPro5.cfg
    8. Boot into Exynos7420 mode Press and hold Vol + and Vol - and press one time power button, keep pressing both Vol buttons. Do not release them.
    9. OS should detect device and install drivers, then in the Multidownloader.exe application window you should see connected device.
    10. Select device and press start, wait until phone reboots into fastboot mode with unlocked bootloader. Now you can release both Vol buttons. Congratulations, now you have device in fastboot mode with unlocked bootloader.
    11. Install Samsung drivers from ~\Files\Samsung Drivers\ using windows device manage and have disk method selecting right drivers file in ~\Files\Samsung drivers\android_winusb.inf. Now you have device in fastboot mode and accessible from fastboot.
    12. RUN cmd and go to ~\Files\Rest\ then execute: “fastboot.exe devices”, it should return connected device.
    13. Now we can flash TWRP recovery execute: “fastboot flash recovery TWRP_3.0_m86_patched_st0rm77.img”
    14. Now flash bootloader execute: “fastboot flash bootloader bootloader"

What to do with unlocked bootloader and custom recovery I guess you know :).

Because my phone was with corrupted partition TWRP couldn't flash images, so I made few more steps, but for most of the cases should be enough previous.

And of course, if you going to flash stock rom, don't forget to delete these 1) bootloader, 2) ldfw, 3) recovery.img files from update.zip, oversize you be forced to start everything from beginning. :)

Resources: https://megaupload.nz/Ae6fTegfb7/Files_7z
    New link to same file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/7bi0di2pdjxkh9f/Files.7z/file

If someone knows more reliable file hosting site, not temporary, please share, I will this file to it.
    Hi, no it does't work on any Ubuntu or linux versions as drivers are for windows. Of course you can use virtualization software in Ubuntu and install windows, then connect you phone to this virtual machine.
    Someone with this problem did it.

It says doesn't work on windows 10, what about Ubuntu 18? Thanks